Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #166  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Monday: 1520 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 30 min elliptical

I was back to writing everything down today, which felt good...feel more in control. I wanted to run at the gym last nights but there is just something about Mondays..couldn't do it...felt so wiped out, so just did the elliptical. And now the storm they thought was going to miss us could hit us with 6" of snow the next few days, which will throw off everything for me with work/commuting/childcare. AAUUGGHHH!!!

Jennifer, you are SO close! Keep rocking this challenge. Don't worry about how you look when you run..if most of us stopped to think about it we'd never go outside. I am slow and probably have the worst form but it makes me feel good. Intervals are the best way to start..many people on here have used Couch to 5K very successfully.

zumba, it definitely can't hurt to have your thyroid checked. My stairclimbing buddy at work takes medication for it and the condition can make it very hard for her to lose weight...I feel badly because she is working so hard just to maintain. I'm so proud of you for staying the course!

guac, sounds like you had a great day yesterday!

newleaf, you phrased that perfectly..I think all of us here can relate.

luv, welcome back! Glad you had fun and hope the damage wasn't bad, although you may need some more time to flush the water weight out.

kelijpa, I struggle with having an evening off plan and then it turning into a weekend, then a week..great that you got right back on the horse.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #167  
Onward & Downward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
The greatest gift we can give ourselves is the gift of taking care of ourselves.
Very wise words. That's why I'm feeling so different this time I think...I know if I don't do this now I never will and I hate the way I feel when I'm so heavy. I can already feel the difference from what I was. Are you trying other things besides the scale? Measurements, clothes, etc.? If not, maybe that would help. I don't think I've ever been as close to goal as you are soI can only imagine how much harder it gets when you are literally within a few pounds. Good plan to go to the doctor and double check thyroid, etc. Keep it up you'll get it!

Hang in there Guac! You can do it! WTG walking in the snow! Ha ha wish I could do that! (No snow )

Newleaf: I have to argue with you here... lol you apparently are one of those people who can write an inspiring post. Good job staying strong in the fight!

Natamars: Thanks for the welcome back. Surprisingly the scale shows repair rather than damage... wow! As for you, great job eating out Sunday. You have it spot on when you say this is hard...but this is our life. Wow great job with exercise yesterday. Woo hoo on the monitoring! Wish I could take your snow!

Jennifer: I can sure relate to the thought of how it looks when we run. Volunteering yesterday someone came and took the last wheelchair just as 2 other people came needing them. I had to run to emergency to get more (a very long hallway) and did indeed run part of it but was thinking every step how it must look. Oh well burned a few extra calories, lol. Yay on today's loss! You are so close to St. Pats goal!! Keep it up... or should I say down, lol.

So I ate some of my breakfast then realized ooops I forgot again.... stopped eating right there and went and weighed... down 1.2 (but I had gained almost a pound the previous week). I guess the walking in Vegas paid off. There were also a couple days we only ate 2 meals so I'm sure that helped. Now it's time to dig back into more exercise and really stay OP.

Last edited by LuvCats; 03-05-2013 at 11:20 AM.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #168  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

guac I'm glad you're getting out there, exercising, roasting veggies. One day after another, that's all we can do, right? Being in my groove always feels so tenuous. It's a daily choice for me; it doesn't really come naturally.

natamars Sounds like you are doing well; glad to hear!!

jennifer sun is a good thing! Good for you, for getting out there and running... I used to run way back in the day (college) but it's definitely a thing of the past for me. You are so close to your St. P goal! You will get back to those cute clothes, I know it.

zumba all this exercise is paying dividends, even if not showing on the scale. Probably a good idea to check in with your dr. I hope there's nothing wrong, but if there is, it'll be good to know.

luvCats thanks for your compliment. Nice to have you back! I can't believe you forget to weigh in the morning... it's such habit for me. Roll out of bed. Pee & pet the cat. Weigh.

All is going well here. I am willing myself not to have any of the "chocolate yogurt" covered raisins that are hiding in the kitchen. Scale is good, 159.0 this AM. Exercise is so-so. Didn't exercise yesterday or today. Nothing new going on, pretty much status quo around here. Other than the rushing around, planning, and preparing for my trip, which is a good problem to have
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #169  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

NewLeaf didn't realize how close we are! I think of you as so much more successful because I look at your number being lower, but we are on the same track, mine is just shorter height-wise You're an inspiration, hope you know that, it's great to read your posts about eating healthier as well, I'm getting more and more into the whole, healthy foods/grains, just overall eating better and living healthier, enjoy your trip, that's so great you're going to Patagonia, not just wearing it

Zumba/Guac whatever you do, do not give up, you guys are an inspiration to me as well, you guys just keep after it, trying to find what will work, not afraid to try something different, not afraid to ask for help, I love reading your posts, keeps me coming back and hoping I'm inspiring someone as well. It's such a hard road, it takes a strong woman to stay on that road.

Jennifer Congrats! you're coming on a nice milestone, 20 lbs. off, you and others will start really noticing a difference, keep pushing, you're doing great! It's hard sometimes to step back and see how far you've come, I look back at last year and how many days/weeks I was the same same same weight and even gained, then got to a point where things changed and it all just started clicking, keep going!

natamars definitely working hard on trying to make sure we (DH and I) get back on the horse after the weekend, this week we're trying to eat moderately and not have that big up and then back down like the big hill on the roller coaster it's getting to be a little bit of a challenge because DH is pretty much at a place where he should be maintaining, and I still have about 12/20 to go, luckily we're in a pretty good synch because he's very worried about maintaining, we're really trying to make a new healthy lifestyle. Thanks for the good thoughts.

best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-05-2013 at 06:47 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #170  
Hopeful Member

Tuesday: 1350 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 30 min treadmill(intervals)

I tried running a 5K at a faster pace last night and just felt wiped out. I swear the treadmill I was on was going at a faster pace than the read..I've noticed differences among them. I also didn't get to the gym until 9:15 last night after running around all day, so that didn't help.

Need to get in some lower calorie days, but have been struggling with that lately.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #171  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

kelijpa wow, thanks! No, I don't think of myself as inspiring... just as yet another woman struggling day to day to maintain and lose weight... And you, my dear, have inspired me, too. Without you, I would never have thought to go hiking on the rail trail in preparation for my trek -- so, there!

natamars I'm amazed that you went to the gym that late! Sure, in my 20s and early 30s I did that. But now?? Wow - talk about dedication!!

Here, I'm on the verge of being able to lower my ticker again. I'm hoping that with some really conscious mindfulness, I'll be in the 157s tomorrow. I had an epiphany last night, thinking about losing a pound a month. I realized that A) that still gets me to my goal and more importantly B) what difference does it make, getting there in 2 months or 12 months? I'm planning on maintaining this loss for the next 50 years, or 600 months. These next few months are just a blip on that timeline... so, relax...

On my way out to shovel snow while it's still light and fluffy; supposed to get up to 40 today, which will make it heavy. The kids got a snow day, which is fun for them; a nice end-of-winter treat!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #172  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

@Newleaf: Interesting you should post that about relaxing over one # a month. I just posted one positive thing to that exact end! I am insanely proud that, for the first time, it doesn't matter how long it takes - this is how it's going to be now and forever more! And even though I am (like you) getting close to 'goal weight', I have felt this way since the restart at 180. There's still work to be done on these bones, though. Not quite ready for a sleeveless summer just yet!!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #173  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, ladies! Quick post to say that I am making more of an effort to cook healthy foods that tempt me - roasting more veggies, broiling fresh salmon, having a variety of green leafy vegetables on hand, and splurging on blueberries during the off season. So far, it's helping me to stay on track. I think I was starting to get bored with the foods I was eating and started to stray to the unhealthier options at hand. I didn't walk today, but I did shovel snow - that's gotta be some kind of exercise! I need to realize that it is the journey and not the destination. Even if I have a few detours along the way, as long as I get back to the path, I will eventually get there. I am still too chicken to face the scale, because the majority of the week, I haven't been eating well. However, I am still in the fight and trying to make adjustments.

I wish you all a great day!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Newleaf and 2Fatcats: I need to get to the point where I am more Zen about the speed of my weight loss like you guys are! I feel that if I don't lose 1.5-2 lbs a week, I'm doing something wrong. Maybe when I get closer to goal I'll be where you are. You both inspire me

Guacamole: Great job in the healthy eating. I love blueberries, but they are a tad pricey now! I need to convince myself I'm worth it!!

We had a (completely unnecessary) snow day today, but I'm not complaining. My DD found out yesterday she won a collegiate fellowship which covers her full tuition (I could not be prouder!!), so we went out for lunch today and hit the Clinique counter after. A fun midweek treat and celebration!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #175  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Congrats Jennifer, that's great about your DD.

Guac good job getting back on track, every little bit helps and gets you headed in the right direction.

NewLeaf and 2FatCats it's so funny you guys posted about the same thing DH and I were talking about tonight, like you both say we're in it for the long haul, I was saying that I'm feeling so much better and healthier I'm not worrying about the number on the scale this week, it'll come off...

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Lw 212.8
Cw 210.2
Gw 207
Was much happier with this weigh in!!
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #177  
Hopeful Member

Wednesday: complete mess. About 2000 calories. 30 min stairclimbing.

I had decided to give myself a night off from the gym because of the storm, but ended up hanging out at home, watching TV and playing chess with the family, and EATING. ugh. Need a very low calorie day today.

mboo, congrats on the weigh-in!

kelijpa, great attitude..I need some of that...

jennifer, CONGRATS to your DD. You must be a proud mama!

guac, what a productive day you had!

2FC, well put!

newleaf, ITA we have to keep looking at the big picture..some days that is so hard though....
Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

i got my ticker...i got my ticker......
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #179  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Morning Ladies!

Weekly check in: Success on all 3 goals!

1. Continue NRoLS Program (weights 3x a week)
I started Phase III of my program and burned 760 the 1st time - less than Phase II but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do the exercises properly. It's still great, though!

2. Eat on Plan - 87 days straight on plan!
Added a few more grams of protein, up to 155 daily now. Sometimes I am just not hungry right before bed but I know I have to drink the protein shake anyway - and so I do.

3. 152 lbs or whatever # makes me under 23% body fat
Zero movement for the last 3 days but that's GREAT - TOM arrived today so I consider that a Major Victory!

02/14 158.2 (25.9%)
02/21 157.4 (25.0%)
02/28 155.8 (24.4%)
03/07 153.8 (23.4%)
So close! Shrink hips, shrink!
03/14
03/17
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #180  
Onward & Downward

Yeah on the good results on the scale, newleaf! Love the epiphany! I'm with you on that. I think the reason the scale isn't automatic for me is I do it weekly. Daily stresses me out far too much.

It is nice to see others in the same mindset about this journey. Glad yours is helping you feel healthier, kelijpa.

Hang in there natamars. Good job trying the faster pace. Keep at it and one day I'll bet that "faster pace" won't seem so. Back in the saddle now after yesterday (but sometimes we just need a day off).

Ha ha love you saying "there's still work to be done on these bones" 2FatCats. It makes me laugh because yesterday I said something along the line of "going to go sweat these bones off" and laughed at my crazy statement. Nice to know others think similar thoughs. Keep at it! Looking good! Woo hoo on your goal results!! Keep going!

I'd say without a doubt snow shoveling counts as exercise guac! Great job on the healthy foods. Mmmm would love some salmon.

Wonderful news for your daughter, Jennifer. It sounds like you two had fun yesterday.

Great job mboo! Love the new ticker. Very pink and spring-like.

Brrr cold in the house today. Got the fire going now so hopefully I'll be ready to exercise in a couple hours.

Have a great day everyone! Keep on trucking!

Last edited by LuvCats; 03-07-2013 at 10:51 AM.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote