Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I ate really well yesterday and went to cross fit last night. Decided to stop whining and keep trying. I am going to buy the book about the fast diet today.....also going to work with my kettlebells a little bit. Last night in Cross fit we jumped rope, did push ups, sit ups and squats. I couldn't do 100 but I tried my best.

Today is a "fasting day" for me...going to have two small meals..and a protein shake.

Back in the game ladies....so proud of those here that have met their goal or are close. I'm nowhere near it, but hoping to make some strides in the next challenge..now that the days are longer maybe I can get some walking in....I keep thinking about summer and all the cute clothes I have that I want to be able to wear again.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #212  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Jennifer Good for you, starting C25k. I've started that program on a couple of occassions, only to reinforce the fact that I really don't like running. So I am always impressed when others commit to it. Good luck!!

Zumba Flexitarian... no, never heard of it. There's a word for everything, eh? Glad to have a label now... LOL I'm so happy to read that your outlook has improved. Spring being around the corner is a great thing!

natamars That episode sounds pretty scary! I hope you're doing better now...

mboo Congratulations!!!

Here, I'm very excited about my trip!! I'm hoping to wrap up any loose packing ends today, and I'm hoping to drop into 157 before the challenge is over, which would be great. Then, who knows what will happen weight-wise while I'm away, but I've got a plan to get right back at it when I return.

Well, off to look at the tahini-free hummus recipe I found in one of my new cookbooks; it would be nice to prepare some of that as a treat for DH while I'm gone. My treat for the boys is Peeps.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #213  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Weekly check in: Success on all 3 goals! Made my bf% yesterday and it stuck today so calling this a challenge met!

1. Continue NRoLS Program (weights 3x a week)
Continued with Phase III, adjusted workouts to MWF due to upcoming procedure. Sessions are more intense and DOMS is a killer!

2. Eat on Plan - 94 days straight on plan!

3. 152 lbs or whatever # makes me under 23% body fat
After TOM last week and being sick ---just glad for the .6lb loss that put me at GOAL!!

02/14 158.2 (25.9%)
02/21 157.4 (25.0%)
02/28 155.8 (24.4%)
03/07 153.8 (23.4%)
03/14 153.2 (22.8%) GOAL!
03/17
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

2FatCats: woohoo! Congratulations!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #215  
Heidi

2fatCats
Old 03-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #216  

2fatcats...YOU ROCK..way to go on reaching your goal. You are so determiend and doing so well...and inspiration for all of us..

Newleaf: Isn't your trip about hiking, etc.? You'll probably lose on this trip than gain..how exciting...and yes, I bought peeps for my sons too....

Natamars: I have had anxiety attacks in the past also...I know that they aren't fun at all.....I don't believe in taking drugs for everything but having xanax on hand helps, you just can't drive and take care of your son stoned.....I hope you're feeling better

Mboo, congrats on meeting goal...

Jennifer: happy hour house party? now that sounds like fun!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #217  

Well i'm proud to say that i put in another good day for the most part. Plans got changed when a handsome man invited me to lunch. I quickly scrapped the shake idea I was planning and had a salad for lunch. Went to bloomies and had to have their frozen yogurt which I determined would act as my dinner. Im trying to stop eating in the evening, no late night snacking for me..and I'm taking in less calories overall. I didn't get a work out in today but will definitely do that tomorrow when I teach aqua zumba and then plan on doing some kettlebell with the new set that I bouight for myself. HOpe I don't break anything in the house swinging those things around..LOL....I bought a dress at Bloomies that is perfect for spring summer but it isn't going to happen unless I lose some weight so there's more incentive for me right there......Also got a great white button down top and a pair of black jeans....Not your Daughter's jeans..bleh..I'm wearing MOM JEANS already....fooey....

I'm so looking forward to being smaller again and I'm starting to really visualize it..have to make it happen.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #218  

Good morning all....I can't believe we are almost at the end of this challenge..I just got started...wait for me y'all..LOL....Seriously though I am another lb. down on the scale this morning so I think this new way of eating that I have tried the past two days is working. This is without reading the Fast Diet book yet....Not much of a loss but it is a start.

Today I have aqua class and I hope to get some more workout in sometime during the day, haven't played with my kettlebells yet. Gearing up for the weekend and hoping to do something that doesn't revolve around food.

Have a great day everyone...Top o' the mornin to you all...
Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #219  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Thursday: 1255 calories, 40 min elliptical

Since I have two meals out in the next two days, I'm ending with today's weight, 137.4. I dropped 4.4 for this challenge - a bit shy of my goal. I started out faster but it has now slowed to a crawl. This week I averaged 1350 calories(day 1 of this week was a splurge, for the last 6 days I've averaged 1240) and exercised daily for the last 5, including a 3 and 7 mile run, and I only lost .4 this week. Looks like getting below 137 will be tough.

zumba, glad to hear you sounding much better. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm interested in hearing about the kettlebells..have been thinking of getting some myself.

2fc, awesome job on the challenge - congrats!

newleaf, so excited for you!

mboo, congrats on making goal - that was an ambitious one too! See you on the next challenge.

jennifer, you're doing fantastic - yay for you!!

I can start the next challenge thread if you guys like - what do you think of May Day? That's 7 weeks out. I've already decided I'm adding strength training goals for the next one and that at this point a pound a week ain't happening!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #220  
Heidi

Zumba so glad you are feeling a bit more upbeat! You've certainly got a lot of stress on your plate I hope you have a great weekend!

Natamars nice job on being down 4.4; that is great!! I think sometimes we lose sight of just how well we are doing (more below).

2fatcats Your dedication and consistency are really inspiring; congratulations on making all of your goals; you've got this nailed!

Jennifer How is C25k coming along?

mboo How are you doing? Congratulations on making your goal!

Here is my latest thought (yeah, I posted this on the NSV thread) -- we don't step back and give ourselves the credit we deserve. The downside of this site is that it warps reality. There are lots of people who have lost double, triple, even quadruple what I have lost; it makes my loss feel paltry. There are lots of people who have lost the amount I have lost in a much shorter amount of time; it makes my loss seem painfully slow. These two things add up to a diminished feeling of success, at least for me. When in fact, when I step back outside of myself, outside of this site, I see that I lost 50 pounds in less than a year. Worthy of lots of and lots of I'm not looking for external validation to congratulate me; I'm taking a moment to celebrate myself, to see what I have accomplished. It's pretty amazing. And I think that if each one of you steps back outside of yourself, outside of this site, I think you will feel and recognize the same thing. We have all had awesome accomplishments!!

So that's my big picture. Now back to the day-to-day picture. All is well. I am so happy to have dropped down into 157. And this "flexitarian" approach seems to be helping, too. I've got a white bean & kale soup on tap for dinner; I think I'm going to cook up some chicken breasts, too. I'm worried about my sons not getting enough protein.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #221  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I am afraid to step on scale
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #222  

Thanks for all the well wishes! And congrats to EVERYONE! We're all winners!!
@Newleaf Re: enough protein. Have you thought about cooking with protein powder? Whey cooks fine, casein not so much. I also have a vegan brown rice protein to make wraps/bagel/bread out of. I made some pretty tasty muffins yesterday with cinnamon protein powder, coconut flour, oat bran/flour, egg whites, vanilla, chia seeds, unsweetened applesauce, skim milk and a little almond meal. Recipe made 6 big ones, each had 143kCal, 3g fat, 16g carbs (2fiber) and 15g protein. And protein powder pancakes are awesome! I made four huge pumpkin/blueberry ones on Saturday - total for all four was 289 Kcal, 4g fat, 40g carb(5fiber) 28g protein. My husband could barely finish all four - we should have shared the recipe! We actually ate strawberry coconut protein pancakes (50g protein) for dinner last night. I have TONS of recipes...even brownies! And frosting, too! If you add protein powder to Greek yogurt it tastes like pudding. Especially the banana protein! I can send you some links to recipe sites/or more of mine if you are interested.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #223  

@ Sum Don't be afraid of that little digital fibber.

Remember Steve Maraboli said:
“Get Off The Scale!

You are beautiful. Your beauty, just like your capacity for life, happiness, and success, is immeasurable. Day after day, countless people across the globe get on a scale in search of validation of beauty and social acceptance.

Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life.

It’s true, the scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That’s it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love. Don’t give the scale more power than it has earned. Take note of the number, then get off the scale and live your life. You are beautiful!”
Old 03-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
Thursday: 1255 calories, 40 min elliptical

Since I have two meals out in the next two days, I'm ending with today's weight, 137.4. I dropped 4.4 for this challenge - a bit shy of my goal. I started out faster but it has now slowed to a crawl. This week I averaged 1350 calories(day 1 of this week was a splurge, for the last 6 days I've averaged 1240) and exercised daily for the last 5, including a 3 and 7 mile run, and I only lost .4 this week. Looks like getting below 137 will be tough.

zumba, glad to hear you sounding much better. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm interested in hearing about the kettlebells..have been thinking of getting some myself.

2fc, awesome job on the challenge - congrats!

newleaf, so excited for you!

mboo, congrats on making goal - that was an ambitious one too! See you on the next challenge.

jennifer, you're doing fantastic - yay for you!!

I can start the next challenge thread if you guys like - what do you think of May Day? That's 7 weeks out. I've already decided I'm adding strength training goals for the next one and that at this point a pound a week ain't happening!
Yes Nat! Start the new thread, I meager to try again!!!! I lost two lbs in two days, I'm on a roll!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #225  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Natamars~I'm in for the Mayday challenge, I got close to my weight goal for this one, but more importantly made my water and exercise goals, so I'm counting it as a success.

Zumba~good to "see" you... I haven't been on here like I should...I'm ready to step it up and get to my goal.

NewLeaf~have a great trip, thanks for the insight into looking at things a little differently. I really try to stay positive, it is hard sometimes, but it's not healthy to beat yourself up all the time.

Ok, lost one this week, so have to go log it...

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote