Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #181  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Close to two feet of snow here - yikes! Challenge will be not to overeat while we're stuck inside. Hope everyone is safe.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #182  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Sw 166.2
Cw 162.8
Gw <160

Good luck with the snow, everyone!!

Am I afraid to hit my goal?? What gives?? Back on track today.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

hey all....yup, we are buried under two feet or more...the snow is up to my SUV's hood and it is a huge truck.....that's pretty bad....don't ask me how i'm going to be able to shovel it out by Monday...my son is going to have to help me but it may be even too much for the two of us......I'm sure i'll be getting my exercise trying! I'm holding off to do that tomorrow, hoping the sun melts some of it..wishful thinking!!!

I've been drinking more water and I put in a few good days...I still haven't gotten on the scale though.....I"m a scaredy cat...will definitely get on it tomorrow morning...it will make me feel good to see that number down a little bit.....

well I have been on a cleaning marathon, better get back on it , that is how I am burning calories today..will put in my brazilian butt lift later.....

My son just asked me if he can go to his friends house....well we don't have a truck that isn't buried under snow and the roads are not driveable..i live on a busy street and there hasnt been one car go by..this is nuts! Thank God we kept our power, lights were flickering last night it was very scary.....Not sure what we would do without electricity....

We are down to the countdown......five more days until Valentines Day!! Let's see what we can accomplish in five days!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #184  
Onward & Downward

NO FAIR NO FAIR NO FAIR!!!! Lol send the snow to me!!

Ha ha I always say that and everyone always says they'd be glad to but then never do. :P~~~

Keep it up ladies! We can do this! Did 2 miles on WATP today. Time for a good lunch now.

Last edited by LuvCats; 02-09-2013 at 03:37 PM.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #185  
Heidi

Eating on plan today, did 35 min on the elliptical and an hour in the pool. Doing my best...

That's a lot of snow, Zumba!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Eating well today because DH made this African-inspired ground turkey and tomatoes over whole wheat couscous with veggies for an early dinner. It was delicious! This cold thing finally got the best of me, so I hit the stat care this am. I guess I have bronchitis and sinusitis, so I'm on a Z-pack. I am hoping I'm much better by 5:30 am on Monday when I leave for my three day conference
(the doc did give me me the all clear to drink on the meds; I know the right questions to ask ). Really hoping I don't go to crazy and not meet my goal for Valentines!!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #187  
Hopeful Member

Friday: 1795 calories(approx, includes 2 slices of Grandma pizza), no exercise
Saturday: 1485 calories, did some snow shoveling, housecleaning, and sledding. Walked to the golf course, and it's tough work climbing uphill in 2 feet of snow!

I'm exhausted. DH and I fell asleep by 7PM, and going to try to sleep for the night soon. He was out shoveling for hours today. All roads in our town were closed today..hoping I'll be able to get around tomorrow.

Thinking of doing kind of an up day down day diet where I eat around 1000 calories one day and 1700 the next since my calories have been averaging 1350. Would keep exercise lighter on the low days and do my running the heavier days. Just have to make sure I make every calorie count on the low days.

Jennifer your dinner sounds delicious! Hope you're feeling up to going to your conference Monday.

newleaf glad you're having a good day..so want to see you hit that goal!

luv, I wish we could send you this snow. It looks beautiful but is a major PITA!

zumba hope you're getting dug out. My DS lasted about 10 minutes with the shovelling - hope yours did better. For some reason he thought it was going to be fun! And DH and I always fight about it - he thinks I'm doing it wrong so I last maybe an hour tops before I walk away. I have a muscoleskeletal issue with my chest that the repetitive motion always irritates anyway. Maybe one of your neighbors has a plow?

See you all tomorrow!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 198/182/150

Height: 5'8

Oh well with 5 days to go I fell off the wagon....well more like I leapt!

My lovely neighbour had a girls night in her house for our street. Great fun but a disaster calories wise. I tried my best to resist the cheese, wine and dips ....BUT to no avail ...I just had the one dip and then it spiralled...I was having soo much fun ....Oh nooooo. I was the first one to leave at 2.30am.

I had only one more pound to go to goal ....will avoid the scale for a day or two and try to pull it back.

Everyone with all that snow, take care of yourselves...saw footage on the TV, its incredible.

Crawling back up on the wagon today.....big R on my forehead for REMORSE...
curleycarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #189  

well scale is still not budging, at this point Ijust want to cry when I think about it.......I haven't been near sugar and I've stayed low carb now for days, you would think I would have lost something. I need a major swoosh before Thursday but I dont know how that is going to happen at this rate.

Still snowed in although plows made it to our street today. I wonder if the kids have school tomorrow. I can't see how school buses are going to get around in this .....makes for a dangerous situation. Part of me hopes that tomorrow is a snow day...I am going to burn some calories by trying to get my truck out...it isn't going to be easy, the snow is up to the hood......it has been taking people hours to get their cars out. I can't help but be angry that this is all because there is all my husbands junk in the garage, so I can't keep my truck in there. Just another reason to resent him.....can't wait until this divorce is over and all his junk is GONE.......I hate my life right now.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #190  
Heidi

curleyCarr don't put the big R on your forehead. The important thing is that you have put it behind you and have moved on. The goal date is nothing but an arbitrary day on the calendar... I'm beginning to think that success is defined as the ability to doggedly get back on track, because these pitfalls will always be there. We can't always be "virtuous". In fact, I wish I could erase the whole emotional component from the equation, but I can't.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #191  

Natamars, our town got the second most snow, 30 inches! Complete craziness..just happy we didn't lose power....I thank God we are toasty and warm and have plenty of food to get us through should we not be able to get out the next few days.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #192  
Heidi

zumbaChica, yeah,it'd resent that,too. See my note above to curleyCarr, I think the best thing we can do,which I have not achieved, is remove emotion from the weightloss equation and just keep plugging on. Easier said than done; I'm having a hard time doing it, too. But I believe that that is the direction in which success lies... Good luck, friend. You will get there. One foot in front of the other.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #193  
Heidi

Sw 166.2
Cw 162.1
Gw <160
Old 02-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #194  
Hopeful Member

Sitting here trying not to eat!! Feel so lazy with the snow even though I have been out and about. I ate high calorie Fiday and apparently my body liked it and wants my calories up again! Trying to stay under 1300 today and already at 940..always have my main meal at lunch but will still be tough. DH is working so I'm home with DS and can't get to the gym.

zumba, you must have been PO'ed that you couldn't use your garage! I think I would have thrown his stuff into the snow! I live in the Town of Huntington and we're seeing no plows. People are sounding off everywhere. Luckily one of the neighbors plowed my steet and I live near 25A, so I can get around. All activities are still canceled today and school is not looking good for tomorrow if they don't get those plows going.

curly, one night off is fine, just crawl back on the wagon. Glad you had a fun time!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Our snow almost all melted today, I can't imagine how much you guys in the NE have. A part of me is envious because of how beautiful everything must look!
Newleaf is absolutely right abut getting our emotions out of the equation, but, as with most things, way easier said then done. I'm heading to the mall to get a new shirt to wear at my conference. I should wait till I'm at least down a size to buy anything, but I'm itching for a cute shirt. We'll see what I can find at our tiny mall!
The scale has not moved for a few days for me either, and it's a real pisser, but as long as we make good choices, it will eventually move, right? I really want to see the 180s just for the mental boost it will give me! Have a good week everyone!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote