Old 08-31-2010, 10:42 PM   #1  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Default September Chat

Welcome to all the newbies and our veterans who are checking back in! I'm going to start a September chat, someone else feel free to jump in and start a new thread when we get to 5 pages or so.
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/215/167

Height: 5'7"

hi, I'm new. Is there a specific topic?

English is not my first language, so please excuse my spelling, etc.
Cronopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'9"

Default Chatting

Welcome, Cronopia, and Hi, Kathi. I am new, and haven't lost anything but my resolve, numerous times, in the week or so since posting here on 3FC.

I think, topic-wise, it's just whatever's going on with you. I like to read the posts so I have a sense of community and camaraderie, that I don't feel like I am all alone in the world, and that others are struggling with the same things I am struggling with. Like today, I ate the first "regular" meal I've had in a really long time. Usually, I eat from a bag, package or jar of something while sitting on the couch, so the meal thing is kind of a big deal, and here I can share it with people who can understand.

Anyway, glad you're here. Foodfighter2000
foodfighter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #4  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Default hi

Hi Girls!

My name is Deb, and I was here from about fall to spring. I lost some motivation with summer - and just let go. I got tired of thinking about food, got tired of always running, and just started to get downright lazy.

I'm still using my protein shakes, a few a day and regular food for dinner and maybe a snack. Snack portion sizes have not been in check! LOL

Anyway, I'm currently getting myself back on plan - started running again without whining so much and am starting to refind my groove.

Some of you may remember (if some of the older girls check in) I fell down the stairs in Jan and had tailbone issues. I still ran my 3 half marathons with it...and can run without pain, but sitting and getting up is STILL an issue. Very frustrating it's gone on for so long, but I just keep moving. It is what it is...it's not going away anytime soon. My training is important to me, because it allows me to know I can do anything if I just put one foot in front of the other.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone as we go... Cheers, Deb

Last edited by lambchop; 09-01-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: .
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

September already....where has the year gone?

I don't know how you ladies in the southern States do it...we are hitting temps of 40C (maybe 95+ F) and it is miserable! Of course we usually don't get weather like this so very few of us have a/c in our houses. I do have it in the car so at least I get some relief there! Still waiting on Hurricane Earl.

I am doing an anti-candida diet as well as eating for hypoglycemia. Today is the first day I am noticing the after-effects so the diet is working. Won't get into any details here,but let's just say they are not very pleasant.

Have a great day everyone!
Maddie
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #6  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Hello, all! Like Deb, I'm a "veteran" of the 40+ - I started here regularly in January of 2009, and with the help of 3FC, lost 25 pounds that year. 2010 so far has been maintenance-practice but I would really like to re-focus on the fitness aspect and see where that takes me on the scale. All-in-all, I'm doing far better without the extra 25 pounds - just not quite as good as what I imagined it would be. There's still a LOT of room for improvement!

Brief reintroduction - I'm 43, married 20 years, 11-year old son, and I love to swim. After YEARS of trial and much error, which led me up to 174 pounds, I discovered that the more good fats I ate, the happier I was and the faster I lost weight. I'm maintaining in the 149-152 range at about 1800 calories, with heavy emphasis on proteins, fats (between 35-40%), and unprocessed carbs like fruits/vegetables. I'm limiting grains and sugars.

Exercise-wise - that's where I need to get it together. When school starts next week, I expect to get back in the water a "few" times a week, and I've decided to take on the C25k program this fall. I'm in the process of picking out some targets for the rest of this year.

It's good to be back!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #7  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Morning my fellow 40-somethings.

My name is Cindy and I too was a regular in 2009 and at the beginning of this year. In March after being empty nesters for 8 years my 16 year old step-son moved in with us; talk about a life change. Most of my time is spent running him around and volunteering at our local animal shelter. Good news is DSS gets his license next week so no more chauffeuring.

As for my journey I did great when I checked in here, used FitDay (calories @1500), drank my water, and exercised before doing anything else when I got up. Time to do what I know works.

Looking forward to getting to know the newbies and catching up with old friends.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #8  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Maddie, nice to meet you...let us know how the anti-candida works out for you. I was dabbling with some black walnut, wormwood, etc...to try to cut down on some - got off track with a few trips. I'd love to hear how you feel about it (your diet) as you go

Becky, so glad you're back too - and yeah on the swimming/running. Good fats..yeah, I need to chose that kind, huh? LOL

Cindy, I'm sure it was a huge adjustment, I can't even imagine....my son is 16 and we do weekends...through summer he was here a ton, and it was different than with weekends...loved having him here more, but it's just a different living process. He's so lucky he has you. ((hugs)) Any good hikes lately?

Kathi, I read back yesterday but didnt' comment yet. ((hugs on your daughter)) and hope marriage/army situation works out for son. I know it's been a bumpy road...hopefully this will instill some discipline as well.

Hi Cronopia! Nice to meet you. Looking forward to getting to know more about you during your journey.

Last edited by lambchop; 09-01-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: .
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #9  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hi - Lots of new faces

I tried to read back some & just decided I will just try to keep up with what is going on this month. Had a family meeting last night with the husband & the three foster daughters. The jealousy between the girls was starting to get really bad & they were all getting a little mouthy. After going over my schedule with them I think they are starting to realize that I try to spend time with each one of them equally & that they need to chill & give me a little bit of time to myself or at least let me go to the bathroom by myself. I am not setting any weight loss goals for September, I figure I can keep up with it if I only lose a pound a month. August was crazy! September my only goals are to eat healthy, check in more often & drink more water.

Hope everyone is starting September off on the right foot. Have a great day everyone.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls! (We're still girls at heart in our forties, right?)
I was a regular in the 40s threads in summer and fall 2009 but got super busy with moving into a new house and a new position at work for the first half of this year so I haven't touched base with this group in a while. I'm at 166-167 right now (a few pounds over my ticker which is continuing to celebrate a particularly good day back in the spring ) and would like to be at 160 by my b-day in October. Well, at least closer to 160 than I am at the moment - any progress would be a good thing. Nice to see you again, ICUwishing, cruisecat and WLW!

I'm a runner and a calorie counter although I have been doing it more in my head lately and should start entering it all into livestrong again.

Looking forward to getting to know the new folks and getting caught up again with old buddies.

What is everyone up to for Labor Day weekend?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Nice to have an intro/re-intro here to get everyone familiar with each other.

I am Annie, I'm 48 years old and I joined 3FC in January in an effort to change my eating/exercise habits and become healthier and to lose weight. I loosely count calories, decrease fat, increase fiber and I exercise 5 days a week. So far, so good. I have 11 pounds to go until I reach my goal. This place has really been a God-send as I have made these changes. So nice to know others have the same struggles as I do. The cheerleading is also great!

Welcome to all of our new faces!!

I dropped another pound since yesterday, probably just water (I spent the evening cleaning the house I moved out of last night and sweated ALOT!), but I need the ego boost so I changed my ticker. Back to my lovely salad for lunch today. I really miss eating healthy when I am unable to.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 09-01-2010 at 12:38 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #12  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Dancer! Wow, great to see you again!

Annie - hugs! You were starting to post regularly just as several of us were getting "less regular". Congrats on being so close to goal - and yes, it really, really does help to be surrounded with folks having the same dilemmas!

OnABoat- there's no way I could catch up at this point, so I'll take your lead and just enjoy 9/1 on forward. Can relate to wanting to go to the bathroom by yourself - a girl's gotta have sanctuary at least one place!

Cindy - our hiking goddess! I know from FB that you've had a great summer and have been living the active dreams ... love your pictures! Still counting down to the out-country retirement escape?

Kathi - love your bus stories on FB, and I admire your persistence and attitude with everything!

maddie, cronopia, and foodfighter ... nice to meet you and look forward to learning more about you!

I'm planning to spend some time tonight on getting exercise goals down for September. Fortunately, C25k dictates a bunch ... other than that, I still have my food journals back from when I was actually losing, so I'll just back up and start there again. Hope it still works ... today was 149.5 lbs.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'9"

Default Getting to know you

Hi, FoodFighter here.

I notice everyone goes by their actual first names here, but I guess I'm not exactly ready to "come out of the closet" as far as some of the eating issues I have. I know no one cares, but if I don't sign my name, it's almost as if I don't even have to admit it's me who's just eaten an entire cake by herself, or a whole jar of peanut butter at one sitting even though it almost came up halfway through. I know it's denial, but that's one of the only things holding me together right now.

So, if it's ok with you ladies, I will keep on signing off FF2000, and sometimes with YPD, my Yappy Little Dog, also incognito.
foodfighter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Hello all!!
My name is Kelly, I've been counting my calories for the last week, first weigh in coming up on Friday. So we will see how it goes!
I have a 14 year old son who started High School last month, I am also married to the most wonderful man!
I have a stressful job but I love it!
Looking forward to giving and getting support while on my journey!
CoCoMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #15  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Boy does it feel good to be back (except for the fact that the site lags).

Did my treadmill early this morning and it set the tone for a GREAT day. Just got back from the shelter and happy to have been instrumental in getting a 5 year old lab and a 3 year old dane adopted.

Becky - I'm doing C25K again; however, this time I plan to take it to the streets at about week 5. You have done great this summer maintaining. As for hiking we've done a few up in the mountains but not here in the desert, it's still too warm.

Dee - I'm sure the girls will come to trust that you are there for each of them. As for YOUR time, good luck with that; I guess it's just one of those things that you have to do. As a parent and former foster parent I know that I have a tendency to put EVERYONES needs before my own.

Deb - I continue to be in awe of your commitment to running. I sooo want to be a runner but got incredibly discouraged when I took my runs to the road and couldn't go 5 minutes and this was after doing C25K on the treadmill, I don't even have hills here.

Annie - So good to see that you are still here and doing GREAT, I have to admit I'm jealous. I was within 20 lbs of goal before I went astray.

Dancer - You too have done great at maintaining over the summer. Obviously maintenance is going to be something I have to take seriously if a life change is to take place. Apparently I'm still an all or nothing kinda gal.

Foodfighter - I see that you are also in southern California. Just think, we could be neighbors. I actually have one of those YLD a couple doors down. Share as much as you're comfortable with, just keep sharing.

Kelly - Sorry, you can't possibly be married to "the most wonderful man", that title belongs to my DH Mack.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote