Old 03-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

2feelbetter-I find that the first time or two that I try something new on the wii fit, I have a little trouble getting the hang of it-and some things I just can't do for one reason or another but after I have practiced them a few times they aren't too bad. Like the first time I did the advanced step all those sideways steps caught me off guard and I was all over the place but now I know what to expect and it isn't a surprise when they show up. I do the boxing pretty much every time so I know the patterns pretty much now and nothing comes as a surprise. I'm even starting to see why you might want a platform to make this a little more challenging (not for the boxing, for the step).

I can't seem to do things that require me to focus on multiple things at the same time like the cycling where you have to pedal and steer at the same time. Hopefully that will get better with time.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

It took me a long time to get the dodge left, dodge right thing in the Wii Fit boxing. (or as my son calls it, dog left, dog right - he likes to watch me use the Wii but I had no idea what he was talking about when he asked me to "do the one with the dogs" lolol!)

But I did finally figure it out, at least most of the time. Practice and repetition definitely help - I hadn't done the boxing for a while and did the advanced twice this morning and definitely had a hard time getting all the patterns right and getting into a good rhthym.

I just got the Golds Gym Cardio for the Wii yester, which supposedly is almost all boxing, but I didn't get to try it out yet.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65 View Post
I can't seem to do things that require me to focus on multiple things at the same time like the cycling where you have to pedal and steer at the same time. Hopefully that will get better with time.
It's like the marching parade. I do really well on that but for some reason it keeps saying to try and keep up when the steps turn blue. Now I'm marching, and trying to hit these little circles which I do really well then these words keep popping up on the screen which makes no sense because I can't read the words , march, and hit the circles at the same time !
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #109  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2feelbetter View Post
What I do want to know is does the advanced step have an UNLOCK to a longer time. I've been doing that for awhile but I find I do it twice because I really like it.
I really like the advanced step, too. But nope, there are no levels to unlock.

Like you I'll usually do it a couple of times. Other days I just use the free step instead. I crank up my music, turn the sound off on the wii (because I like to go a little bit faster than the fastest setting on free step) and dance away for 20 or 30 minutes. I keep the screen on so that I can see the time and make sure my steps are registering (if you go too fast they don't register) but I do whatever I feel like for steps - side to side, off the front, change foot - change foot, etc. It's a lot of fun and so far hasn't gotten boring because I'm changing it up as I go along. Plus I've got some upbeat playlists that I really like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2feelbetter View Post
It's like the marching parade. I do really well on that but for some reason it keeps saying to try and keep up when the steps turn blue. Now I'm marching, and trying to hit these little circles which I do really well then these words keep popping up on the screen which makes no sense because I can't read the words , march, and hit the circles at the same time !
That reminder is really annoying, isn't it?
I don't think it's actually tied into what your feet are doing at the time either, because I'm usually seeing steady blue blips when it comes on. I think it might be like the "Engaging your arms burns more calories" message on the runs - just a reminder based on time, not what's registering on the board.

I'm really lousy at the juggline one - but I enjoy it. It doesn't burn many calories so I don't spend too much time on it, but it's fun when I'm catching my breath after an island lap. One of these days I'll get all the way through without hitting the edge of the platform.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #110  

I can't do the rhythm parade either for the same reason-too many things to focus on at the same time. I even have trouble catching hoops when I'm hula hooping. I usually can catch a few but not all of them.

Peanutsmom-let us know what you think about the Golds gym video. I may rent it if you like it a lot.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:56 AM   #111  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Tried the free jogging yesterday for the first time, I managed to jog for all of it (well I paused halfway through to run upstairs for one sec) so I was delighted After that i just did my saved yoga workout for 28 mins, then played on a couple of the balance games. My yoga needs a lot of work.. at the moment I think I can do about 5 of the poses but some of them look a bit too scary to try just yet.. Also I need to get some kind of yoga mat because my floor is tiled.
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #112  

I made up a yoga routine but I do yoga in a yoga studio so I didn't particularly like this. If you had no previous exposure to yoga it might be a good way to get your feet wet-its too choppy when you are used to doing yoga the usual way.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #113  
Be happy.

I much prefer the strength exercises to the wii fit yoga, too. But I do some of the yoga poses because when I'm in a hurry I just click the balance board and let him come up with a mixed routine for me.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #114  

I did the Golds Gym Cardio last night and this morning - I LOVE it! It's somewhat similar to the Wii Fit boxing because it's based on doing combinations in a rhythm, but you keep your feet going the entire time so it's a better workout (at least for me!) I'm just at the basics and already getting up a good sweat, so I'm sure I'll be drenched when I do the more advanced routines! lol!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #115  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Oh that sounds great, I might give that one a whirl next month because I really do like the boxing.

I decided that every month I'll buy either a new game or fitness dvd, to keep it interesting. Today I ordered the EA fitness trainer game and I'm really looking forward to trying that whenever it comes.
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardboardCutoutCat View Post
I decided that every month I'll buy either a new game or fitness dvd, to keep it interesting. Today I ordered the EA fitness trainer game and I'm really looking forward to trying that whenever it comes.
Oh I want to hear how that is . I saw it at Walmart today.

I really want to join the YMCA for the aqua aerobics I've been saying it for 3 years. I don't know what's holding me back. It's like you know what they say you alwas put everyone before yourself. Well my kids are off to college so it's time for me to get my health back.

sorry to vent just wanted to say it outloud
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #117  

I just picked up the Wii Fit Plus. I'm about 5 minutes from popping it into the Wii just to get it set up.

Then, I'm going to bed.
LadyJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardboardCutoutCat View Post
Oh that sounds great, I might give that one a whirl next month because I really do like the boxing.

I did the Cardio boxing again some more tonight, it's REALLY fun! lol!

I agree with keeping things fresh so they don't get boring. My next Wii purchase is a couple of dance pads so I can play DDR with my son - I found a Disney songs version so I think we will both enjoy that.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #119  

Hi LadyJez -

lots of fans here, so feel free to ask any questions - I think you'll LOVE it!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #120  

Very cool about the Gold's Gym video. I'll have to see if it's available at the video site I rent from. I like having a little variety too. I throw something else in now and again like my punch out video or snowboarding. I did my yoga routine today I guess because we were talking about it. I made a new one too so I'll probably try that now and again. I played with some of the features today since I had more time to do that.

Anyone tried the canoeing on the resort sports? I bet that could be good exercise too. I think I might play with that one this weekend. Sarah-that's a game I recommend.

Hi Lady Jez-welcome to the Wii Fit Fan club!

Last edited by petra65; 03-06-2010 at 08:20 PM.