Old 02-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

2feelbetter-I love the fencing on the resort sports and I know I have done enough of it to work up a sweat. Should have been my first hint that I would like boxing. I also love the archery game on there. I can do the intermediate level pretty well but the advanced level is just insane! I love to shoot things on my wii.

I hadn't realized I had unlocked the expert level of rhythm boxing until today. I did that today-OMG! Anyone who does not call that real exercise has never tried it! I thought I was going to die! The little guy kept saying "next pattern" and I kept saying "you have got to be kidding me!" I've also unlocked the island run. Funny but I actually like the running. What is up with that? I may try the kung fu again soon now that I am becoming a boxing expert. Does anyone do the kung fu regularly?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

My 5 year old loves the Kung Fu! lol! I've done it a few times, but he's way better at it than me.

I love the boxing, but wish they had a longer version. I get out of breath going crazy at the very end when you can just punch like crazy, but I could keep going with the patterns before that. I tried the Wii Sports boxing, but I didn't like it as much.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #78  

Try that game I rented called Punch Out. You can box forever! They give you various opponents and you can make it harder and harder. I imagine as I get used to doing the 10 minute version it will get easier just like the 6 minutes did. Just yesterday, it was a killer. The running isn't long enough to challenge me even with the whole island lap. I know you can do the free run but I actually like the little scene and I think with the free run, the idea is to do something else while you run, isn't it?

That's hysterical that your 5 year old can do the Kung Fu. I really struggle with it.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #79  

The free run does still have you following a path if you leave it on, but yes, I usually put it on and then either watch WATP or a regular TV show. I don't actually run, but it seems pleased by brisk walking too - I still get the "you're keeping a nice pace!" comments even though I'm not running.

Have you done the Wii Sports Boxing? How does that compare with Punch Out?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

petra65 Now that's a good Idea to RENT A VIDEO. I wanted to buy another video but couldn't figure out what to buy.

I was at BJ"S the other day and they had EA Active Sports it was $55 wow . But it looked like it came with some equipment. I think it had bands and something else not really sure.

I'm off today so I need to get up right now and go do my Wii
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #81  

Default What's YOUR Wii Plus workout Routine

This is what I do on my Wii. Like I said before I have bad knees and feet so I'm a little limited but I'm proud of the fact that it gets me off the couch an moving some.
This is what I definitely do each time

Advanced Step
Hula Hoop
Kung Fu
Boxing

Sometimes add in
Marching band
Island cycle . (That just kills me)

Then just for fun and kill some time I do the
Adding up the numbers<Br>
I just tried the one with the chicken flying over the water I'm going to do that again
and that's all I can think of now.

I do try a couple of the strength training like bicep raising your arm and the
torso twisting.

Last edited by 2feelbetter; 02-17-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #82  

My favorite things are the skiing slalom even though I'm not very good at it and the rhythm boxing. I do a bunch of the other things with some regularity though. I often warm up with the tilt table and maybe the adding up the numbers thing and then do some running. I like both the basic run and the the one of the wii fit plus area. I've also started doing the step more often. I've only done the advanced step once but I liked it enough that I will probably do it again. I only do the hula once in a while, I didn't like the rhythm parade or the cycling. I have set up a yoga routine but since I do yoga for real in studio, I didn't like this approach at all.

Peanutsmom-I'll pull out my wii sports and try the boxing again and then tell you what I think. I will tell you that punch out is balance board compatible so it can tell when you duck and dodge. It is very realistic boxing maneuvers and it has a coach-sort of that tells you what you need to do (or maybe he just has some standard things he says, I'm not sure because he always tell me the same things.)
Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #83  

Petra -

that's so funny, I use the same two things (tilt table and the addition thing) for warming up! lol!

I'll definitely look for your review of the Wii Sports boxing. I'm not sure if I have any place around to rent, so I have to explore that option. But I'm thinking about getting the Golds Gym Cardo game - it's only $20 and the negative reviews are people who thought there would be lots of different activities but it's mostly just the boxing. Well, that's exactly what I want so it sounds perfect for me! lol!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #84  

I did 3000+ steps in 30 minutes last night with the free step - while watching the Olympics. It was good inspiration!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #85  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I LOVE my Wii Fit Plus!! I don't do it every day because some days I go to Zumba class at the gym. But when I do the Wii Fit Plus, I do:

I warm up with the adding up the numbers game and then do:
Rhythm Kung Fu
Rhythm Boxing
Seque Circuit
Obstacle Course
sometimes the Penguin Fish Balance game
and then either 30 minutes of Free Step or Free Run while I watch TV.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:27 PM   #86  

I'm SO bad at the flying chicken thing and the penguin fish thing. I'm not sure why, I do pretty well at a lot of the other balance stuff.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIARA View Post
Ive heard them say its not real exercise too. but hey i sweat and am exhausted when im done who is to say that it doesnt really help tell it to the 20 pounds ive lost because of it..lol.. people need to mind their own bussiness..
Wow you lost 20 lbs just doing the wii...............now that's inspiration. I was starting to get a little discouraged because people were saying it's not that intesns etc etc, But it was making me tired so I was fine with it. Like I said it better then me sitting on the couch.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #88  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Girls, when you say you do the Free run for 30 mins, is that literally jogging on the spot for 30 mins? Or do you jog/walk in short bursts?

I did the island lap for the first time this morning.. I think it's 10/12 mins but I was nearly dead afterwards! Hope I can build it up to 30 mins too....
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #89  

I don't run during the free run, I either do the Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile walk or I just walk briskly - a mix of marching in place and walking around my house. I've started adding in a few brief intervals (like 30 seconds, maybe) of actual jogging, but that's about my limit. I do it for 30 minutes straight all at once, if that's the question.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #90  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Ahhhh ok, so if you walk on the spot then your mii won't stop ?
I thought if I wasn't jogging constantly then it would stop. So if I want I can do the 30 min free run in 5 min intervals of walking and jogging. That's great, I'll give that a try later on.

Thanks !
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote