Old 01-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

That's funny Wiiki! I don't do the step aerobics enough to get that stuck in my head, thank goodness.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #32  
Wonder Woman in Training

S/C/G: 216/tracker/140

Height: 5'8"

Yes, Wiiki...I get that song stuck in my head, too. I was humming it at Target the other day. I'd never done any step before--it had a bad reputation for hurting knees and such--but I really like it. I'm thinking of getting a hardcore Step workout video.
Red Hook Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #33  

I really like the step aerobic on the Wii Fit, but would really like to see more--maybe even a game that is nothing but step aeorobics. I especially like it now that I've added hand weights and arm movements to it. As it stands, just going on and off the board isn't a great workout, but I could see it becoming great with a step aerobic platform, arm movements (esp. with weights), and of course, a more varied routine.

On another note, does anybody know how many times you have to jog the 'short' course on the basic run plus before it will unlock a longer course? I've run it at least 10 times now, and still have only the 'short' course available to me. After just a few times of running the basic run course on the aerobic menu, I unlocked the 'long' (or advanced) run. So, why is the basic run plus so different? I like the basic run plus (even though there is really only one true 'quiz' questoin), but am ready to move on to a bit longer jog.

Thanks!
Wiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/192/170

Height: 5'10"

Well I am so with you... I love my Wii. Wii FIt is just fun and I have lost A total of 9 lbs in three weeks, of course also watching what I am eating.. Have you tried the "Biggest Loser"? It also gives you an awesome work out, I must say that I have been having issues trying to reprogramm days that I can work out, but the game is really fun...
I have made a Wii Mii for my Kitty everyone thinks that is funny because he is almost as overweight as I am...
Over40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #35  

I made a Wii Mii for my doggie, too! My 'pup' (not really a pup, but he is to me!) is about 87 pounds (yellow lab). Of course, there was no way I was going to try to pick him up to weigh him, so I just had my husband stand on the scale so that it would pick up the weight difference. So, the Wii thinks Copper is 63 pounds, and that's ok. I just wanted to see him in the program. It is cool, too, because when I'm doing the island biking, it is Copper that runs with me to get the remaining flags! So fun!!!

Oh, and to answer my own question posted above--if you pass your cat guide when another cat passes you, you can follow the new cat. He'll take you on an alternate route and then a new (and longer) route will open up for the next time.

Over40: That is great about the 9 pounds lost--way to go!!! As of last Friday, I lost 5.5 pounds. I've decided to do the fitness test every Friday when I get home from work, so I'll find out today if I've lost any more.

Last edited by Wiiki; 01-29-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #36  

Wiiki, your mii looks really similar to mine. I love the wii and wii fit. I just got the wii fit plus. It's awesome.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #37  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

my piggy turn gold yesterday.. 40 hours does fly by .. wow
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #38  
Not anymore!

S/C/G: 300/250/140

Height: 5"3"

I like my Wii Fit but I don't like how it says "That's Obese" when I check my weight! LOL
discoloration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #39  

Discoloration-I'm with you. I have to laugh when it says that-like duh!

I've had some AV issues this week so I haven't been able to play but I got them fixed. Looking forward to playing some tonight. I rented some skiing games because I like the skiing on here. We'll see how I like that too.

Wiiki-I wanted to point out that the boxing is kind of like a step routine with arm movements. I haven't tried any of the running. Do you really run? That's the part that didn't appeal to me.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 200/190/140

Height: 5ft

Default appreciate the post

great job! i have been thinking of getting the wii your post in an encouragement. I love video games and being able to apply workout with it is a plus
ingrid55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:15 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I do the steps more than the boxing, but I'm trying to change that ratio - doing steps for a bit as a warm up and then kick into the boxing. I can sweat and breathe heavy doing advanced step, but it's only 5 minutes and I have to do it a few times to get there. With the boxing, one 10 minute session and I'm already good and sweaty and ready for me.

The Rhythm Parade (one of the Wii Plus things) is more like boxing too - you have to march the whole time but with all the waving your arms around, that brings a lot of upper body into it too.

I also find the the Obstacle Course to be a good workout with lots of squats as you "jump" the course.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:02 PM   #42  

I tried a whole bunch of new games tonight. I tried the running and answered my own question-its sorta running. The thing about it is I usually do this in my socks and for that particular activity I would want my sneakers on. Would be a pain to stop and put my shoes on for that one thing for a few minutes, then take them off again. I have to say, they make it entertaining when running might otherwise seem kind of boring.

I did a bunch of the Wii Fit Plus games. I tried the juggling-I was terrible at that. I liked the tilt city game. That is challenging but really fun. I also did that segway circuit. The first time I didn't understand the point of the game and didn't get any balloons. The second time I did much better. Sometimes they need to explain the games a little better. There are still a bunch I've never even tried. And a bunch I've only done once and know they are just too much for me right now and when I get a little more experienced I'll try them again.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #43  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

i love the free run just because i can can burn almost 300 cal in a half hour also at the same time im working my arms with my 5lb weights.. i really need to start doing more of the boxing i need to work my arms more.. i still hate the golf..lol
Old 02-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #44  

You know what I love about the Wii Fit? It is a great distraction from the pantry! Last night I was getting hungry about 9:30. But, my DS had beat my high score earlier on the bubble thing, BY CHEATING ! So, instead of going for the pantry, I pulled out the Wii Fit and played until I beat his cheating score (by NOT cheating, of course!). Then, on a mission, I just HAD to go on and put myself at the top of the slalom ski score, too. By the time I was done, It was 10:30, and I went to bed. No late night snack!

Oh, and in case you were wondering how he's cheating on the bubble thing, he gets on his knees on the board, and puts his hands on the floor. Knees on the front of the board gives him speed and control and the hands on the floor gives him more stable balance.

I just love that my competitive nature (obession?) was stronger than my compulsion to snack!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #45  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

lol ..Wiiki.. my brother and i challenged each other on the bike and free run for 30 min.. surprise surprise he beat me i still say he cheate but o well it gives me that much more to beat him.. sibling rivalry at its best