Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm here....

I have been dealing with bouts of depression since I went to the doctor and that's why I've been away. I didn't even realize my last log in date was 2/20...It's been almost a month and I'm sorry. With the depression and the pressure I was feeling to make sure I post I guess it all got the best of me. I'm really sorry that I made you worry Ubee Fi Betsy. Fi I'm sorry I missed your birthday..I hope it was a good one

The depression got to me because ever since the doctor told me about the medication I'm on can cause birth defects I've done nothing but worry about what if I get pregnant while I'm on this medication? Luckily I have health insurance for another year. I just need to find a new primary care doctor and get in there for a physical and talk about possibly switching my medication.

On the diet front it hasn't been bad. I'm back to eating like I should an exercising. Right now is my TOM and I've eaten some bread and I know it's a no no....It's not doing anything for me but crave more bread. Other than that I've been fine. I decided to take this week off from exercising because of TOM but I'm hoping the weather is nice this weekend and I can go walk on the beach. The weather slowly changing is helping me get out of this fog of depression so I hope the cold weather is gone for good...I'm ready to get back outside and working out hard and enjoying every bit of it like last summer.

Weight wise I'm still between 244 and 248 depending on the day. I'm not even weighing myself this week because I know it's not going to look good with TOM.

I'm at work so I'm going to cut this short. I'm sorry I made everyone worry...I really didn't think anyone would notice :\.....I'm here though...I'll try to post more often.............
Old 03-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 432/378/150

To all newbies!

Well, I am on day 2 with no smoking. I did eat a little more yesterday, but, I was more determined to not smoke.

So, today I am concentrating on both. But, I have determined that for me, right now, it is more important to quit smoking. So, that is my first priority.

Of course, as far as food, it does help that we are broke. No groceries to buy this week. So, the food in the house is mostly low carb and I have no "bad" food in the house to eat.

Well, I am off....everyone have a great day!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Good Afternoon Chicks...
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

Sam - You look AWESOME!!! I quit coming here in February of 14 and I remember you... You have worked really hard... I am so glad you are back... I hope you will post more and enlighten some of us who are just coming back or are new on what works for you and what doesn't... I am anxious to hear all about it... and I will keep you in my prayers ... I cannot even begin to imagine what depression is like... just know you are missed here!!!

Scoble - I am so proud of you... I know it must be hard to quit smoking... my aunt struggles with it... you can do it!!! I have faith that you can!!! and I will say a few prayers for you too!!!

Magpie - Thanks for the step compliment... I have been working at building up... so it felt good to hit that goal... honestly I should hit it again today... my friend asked me to come and walk with her at lunch so I did... I am already at 7000 for the day... I think I will hold off on mowing the rest of the yard until tomorrow...

Terra - You will love Texas I think... It's pretty here and lots to do and most of the time the weather is relatively mild... this is the first year in a while that we have had this much snow and ice...

Mountain - I am sorry to hear you are struggling... you take care of yourself and get well... I hope that you can manage until you can get the meds you need... and I don't blame you on not going to the hospital... especially with the little guy... still keeping you in my prayers!!!

Plucky - You will love the stew... I am sure of it... sorry that post was so long... and simplicity... yes I am all for that I figure the less time I spend thinking about food the better off I am

Jane - It's great to have you here... Hope to hear more from you... everyone on this page is so helpful and friendly... Welcome!!!

As I mentioned above... I have already got in over 7000 steps and I am pretty sure I will make the 10,000 again... I have a good friend that walks and works out all that she can... we walked at lunch... she made 10,000 by about 9 this morning... I cannot even begin to imagine that.... she inspires me to do more and more... I am staying on track with meals and sleep... so Yay Me!!!

I hope everyone has a Tremendous Day... a Perfect On Plan day!!!
Old 03-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon everyone. Normally I'm a morning poster, but decided to change up the schedule today. OK, actually I got up too late to both post and be on time to drive a friend home who had knee replacement surgery a week ago.

Pam -- You sound like me -- if I get half the yard done, I'm happy to have made progress. Taking a break in trip is a great idea. You'll be amazed at how much more comfortable you feel with having gotten used to all the mechanicals, set up and break down. Taking someone along who has camped before is a big help as well. Sounds like you're a solo camper as well.

Tootsie -- If you're comfortable doing so, would you please explain the tests and the competition aspect of it. You said it's fine as a hobby, but not sure you want to do it as a profession. My mind is at a complete blank as to what this would be as a profession as well as a hobby. The decision definitely needs to be up to you, but I will offer that I took two jobs at the bank in which I had no interest and they turned out to be ones that made huge differences in my life (for the positive). Sounds intriguing.

Magpie -- Sounds like you're doing a great job on IP. There have been a lot of success stories here with people who have been on IP. I totally understand the stress you're going through waiting to hear about the job/moving/what's in store next! I'm with you -- just let me know one way or the other.

Fi -- You heard us! You heard us! So glad you've made the doctor's appointment and not surprised that you have to go see your PMP first. They have to have wheelchairs available, so maybe call and tell them you'll need one available for Bob to use to get you inside. You might ask the doctor for a temporary handicapped parking permit as well as renting a wheelchair if need be. Hope all of that isn't necessary, but sounds like something's happened! In the meantime, staying on plan through all of this is wonderful and love the latest kitten picture. They just make me smile whenever I see a picture.

Jane -- Welcome to the group. Feel free to share and offer suggestions and just bring us up to date. We're a friendly, supportive group.

Andrea -- Sounds like making changes at work may not be in the cards for right now. Are there other people in the office that do the same or similar jobs? We implemented it at the bank while I was there, and there were a variety of options. Some people worked 10/4 weeks, some worked 9/9 weeks. The big challenge was everyone wanted their day to fall on Friday so that there were a lot of 4 day weekends with holidays without having to take a vacation day. Anyway, sounds like the university is a good employer (based on holding your job for 2 years) and they might be open to some new approaches. Or not.

Donna -- Spring sounds like it's sprung there, but sounds like somethings growing in your lungs, too. Hope the IVs work the magic. You've gone through enough already without having this lung crud linger on.

Terra -- What are you making in your cooking class today? That sounds like it would be fun.

Sam -- I'm so glad to see you back, but am so sorry that you've been dealing with depression for the last month. Sounds like a good idea to get adjusted to new prescriptions now and your concerns are certainly warranted. You need to give yourself a lot of credit for staying on plan while going through so much.

Scoble -- Congrats on battling the stop smoking and trying to stay on plan at the same time. As I mentioned before, I think battling the stop smoking first is the right thing. You can do this!

My freezer quit this morning, so I had to run down to the local Sears and buy a new upright. Not how I had planned to spend the day, but stuff happens. Still working on staying on plan -- always a challenge.

Have a great day. Time to get the vacuuming done and run a dust rag over the furniture.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #110  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

pjvw34 ~ I didnt think Texas got ice and snow

Betsy ~ We had Taco soup along a bowl of pineapple chunks and sliced strawberries.

Last edited by Terra1984; 03-12-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:14 PM   #111  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Thinkin' about: how hard it is to give up cigarettes—way to go, Scoble!
Also: glad to see you back, Sam!
Food: low-carb
Exercise: 600 leg raises, not from my Qichong instructor, Andrea, just from my need for exercise that doesn't stress my knees
Grateful for: journal of letters (Bonnie Jeanne)
Also: glad I have a partner in taking care of my house—good luck w/ your new freezer, Betsy. You're right, stuff happens....I think I'll be able to get to my doctor on Monday w/o a wheel chair, but I appreciate the suggestions...

Last edited by Fiona W; 03-12-2015 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #112  

Good Evening Chicks...
I just wanted to check in and keep caught up... you all may get really tired of me... but I hope not... LOL

Terra - Yes Terra... we do get snow and ice but not usually very much... this year we have had a bumper crop so to speak

Betsy - Yes, I am thrilled to get just half of the yard mowed... I did the worst part first... in some places it was knee high... yes I am a solo RVer... I have wanted to RV for several years and therefore have been preparing for it... first buying a truck and then last summer an RV... so I am pretty excited... sorry to hear about the freezer... it's always something isn't it?

Fi - you inspire me!!!

I took a walk this evening with my dogs and worked in the front flower beds... took in all the laundry from the clothes line, all folded and neat... with the walk from lunchtime I met my 10,000 step goal today and went over by 1,000... My feet are killing me... but I will get up and do it again tomorrow... Thank you all for listening...

I hope you all have a wonderful evening...
Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies, I'm still here and doing well. I've had a couple of busy days so haven't been able to get on here. I will try to catch up soon. I hope you are all doing well. Have a good day tomorrow. Talk to you soon!
Old 03-13-2015, 02:13 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

My weigh in went well; any loss is a good loss, right? (And I have a suspicion that I built some muscles between weigh-ins; all that pain after my walks had to be doing something, amiright? So I may have actually lost more fat than the scale lets on.)

Although I know, what? 5lbs of it?, is water/glycogen weight and will come back (ah, ketogenic diets), I can't help but notice I've lost more than 10% of what I've set out to lose. I know from experience and from 3FC that the first 10% is the easiest on IP, and every subsequent decade is harder. But, still, I'll take it.

I also have an NSV to report: I drove almost 5 hours, today. A month ago, my knees and shins and calves would have been in agony at that much driving--even half that much definitely hurt. But today my legs/ankles/knees don't hurt. Since my arthritis meds haven't changed and I wore the same shoes and drove the same car, I feel like the difference is entirely attributable to weight loss and/or increased activity level.

Last edited by the_magpie; 03-13-2015 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #115  

Good morning. Or at least I think the sun is finally trying to poke through. Hate the first few weeks of DST and going back to darker mornings.

Terra -- That sounds like a really healthy and delicious meal from cooking class. Yum!

Fi -- Glad you feel like you'll be able to get in to the doctor's office on Monday -- hope that means that maybe you're beginning to see a little less pain. And, yes, you are lucky that Bob is a good partner with taking care of the house. It's wonderful to have someone who understands that you're in it together and even more wonderful that you realize that he's a good soul. (And I imagine vice versa!)

Pam -- We'll have to share RVing trips/hints. Maybe we can meet up someplace in between some day! Sounds like you're getting a lot done in your yard and I'm in awe of anyone who is able and can get in the 10,000 steps.

Cindy -- Thanks for checking in.

Magpie -- Yes, any loss is a good loss. Sounds like you're doing really well on IP. I think that no matter what diet you're on, the initial weight loss is much faster than subsequent losses.

Freezer delivery guys are due here at 9:30, so I'll let her get cranked up for 24 hours and then reload the freezer. I need to vacuum and dust today since that didn't get done yesterday (what a shock.....I didn't get some housework done) and want to get another chair stripped and sanded.

It's going to be a meatless day since I moved all of that over to my BIL's freezer. It's supposed to begin raining in the next couple of days so I probably out to get out there this afternoon and try to get the grass cut before it gets too long.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-13-2015, 06:05 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the welcome back. It means a lot and thanks so much for being so understanding.

Like I said in my previous post I've taken a week off from the gym this week. I'm getting less and less interested in the place because it is constantly busy. Don't get me wrong I will continue to go until I can get back outside again this summer. I'm already planning some great hikes with DH like we did last year and some great cook outs as well. My goal this year is to make it out to the jetties at one of our state parks. I can't wait.

I didn't mention before but I am starting to make an effort again with my appearance. You all already know I love makeup but would never wear it to work because I would always sleep too late. The past two weeks I've made sure I've gotten up early and put my makeup on and dress nice. Losing weight has made me feel less of a slob so I figured I would try and dress a little better.

I'm making BBQ chicken tonight and having some light herbed potato salad and some green beans. Can you tell I'm ready for warmer weather?

I'm off to throw the chicken in the oven and get in some relaxation. I hope everyone enjoys their evening. Will try and post again before the weekend's out.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #117  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hello everybody!

Chest still tormenting me....only 2 days until I start my IV's thank heavens. I drove to pick up my little girl (ok she is 18!) and her fiancé in Cardiff which is about an hour drive away. I describe our nearest town as "old fashioned" in the nicest possible way ....we live about 3 miles away. We have only lived here for 18 months but I had forgotten what cities were like.....and the thing is Cardiff is a SMALL city! I am such a country bumpkin!
Sam I am with you on the idea of appearance. I have had my hair cut short and spiky and have had my one ear pierced again and treated myself to a new mascara.
It all helps to feel better about oneself and when I do, I find it easier to focus on healthy eating.
Magpie......that's an amazing NSV!
Fi........hope your knees are settling ...how did the phone appointment with your psychiatrist go???
Pam....10,000 steps?? That is amazing !
Hello to everybody else!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:02 AM   #118  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Pjvw34 ~ Oh okay, I always thought it was mostly hot in Texas.

Betsy ~ Yeah the taco soup was good

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 7 a.m. Its now 9 a.m. I'm gonna do my 40 min. chair exercises at 11 a.m. and then at 1 p.m. depending on the weather I'll go outside and walk for 30 mins to an hour and then tonight before bed I'll do my 20 min. 1 mile walking dvd. Besides working out I plan to do laundry and take a shower before we go to church today.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #119  

Good Morning Chicks!!!!
I hope you all are having a splendid Saturday with some wonderful weather!

Cindy - Glad you checked in... hope your weekend is going great!!!

Terra - yes... it's HOT in Texas from March to November LOL... I exaggerate a little... we have a lot of warm weather and you never really know when it will be but you can bet from April until at least October most years it's going to be fairly warm ... if we are really lucky we won't have any 100+ degree days at all but that usually doesn't happen... the rest of the year you always have a chance of warm days just not 90 degrees...

Sam - I have a friend here in town who has her own little "gym" that she works out in. She is always trying to get me to go over there but I would rather walk in my living room or walk around the block in front of my house. I am more of a loner when it comes to exercise anyway. Even when I go to the park to walk with her she does her thing (jogging) and I do mine (walking). I know what you mean about makeup and fixing up!!! I have found that when I lose just a few pounds I feel so good about myself and I tend to do more with my hair, makeup and clothing. I hope your barbeque chicken was a success! MMMM makes me want to cook some myself. You have me thinking...

Magpie - that is awesome on the more than 10% lost... so happy for you... and what a WONDERFUL NSV... I cannot wait for the day when I can get out of the car and my foot not hurt... right now I have to stand for a moment/ walk a few steps before it's back to normal or semi normal... so I can somewhat sympathize with you...

Mountain - I understand what you mean on being a country bumpkin!!! I have lived in a small town nearly all my life... less than 350 people... the UP side of that is that if you want fast food (Sonic) you have to drive at least 10 miles to get it... and if you fast food with a variety you have to drive at least 30 miles.... we have a convenience store and a restaurant plus a few other businesses that are non food related... so all of that is very helpful because you have to make some effort if you are craving Taco Bell or something... Thanks on the steps... I am paying for them... (will explain below)... still praying for your health...

Betsy - We will have to share RV hints and tips... also if you know of an RV board like this one that I could follow that would be awesome... and I would love to meet up sometime... for me it would have to be in the summer... since I am a teacher... but hopefully we can make it work sometime... also... I like redoing things... I haven't tackled a chair/funiture in sometime... but I am always taking old things and repurposing them... right now I am in the process of making a rug out of old jeans... I plan to use it as a welcome mat once I get it all worked out... did you get to work on your lawn???

So ladies... I have been doing great on steps... I did get the RV carpet cleaned and several other outdoor jobs done yesterday... plus I got in some mowing... I finished in the front part of the house and around the RV and have a little on each side to finish up... LOL by the time I finish it will be time to mow the back again so the dogs done have to look like deer out there jumping over the grass....

But yesterday I made only about 8000... the will was there... but my right foot would not let me go on... I hurt it over 10 years ago running when I shouldn't have been... so since then I have had plantar fascitis... that is pain in the group of tissue that connects the heel and toes... a couple of years ago when I lost over 50 pounds... the pain eased up after a couple of months of walking steady... so here I am trying to do too much too fast I guess... but I have all this energy and want to... any way long story short I had to sit down and put a cold compress on my foot while the sun was still up... BOO!!! At least with the cold compress I was able to go to bed last night without pain...

Today is a new day... my foot is feeling better... I hope to mow a little more and finish the sides... and I need to get some vacuming and straightening done here in the house... I need to take a few things to the RV and do a little laundry... so hopefully I will get in most of my steps before the foot gives out...

I hope you Chicks have a beautiful and super Saturday, a Perfect ON Plan day!!!

Last edited by pjvw34; 03-14-2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Needed to add one more thing...
Old 03-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #120  

Good morning. Yesterday is was sunny and 72 degrees here (a miracle in WA at this time of year) and today is't about 20 degrees cooler and rainy and blowing. Toby went outside, took about 5 seconds to do his business and barrelled back through the doggie door like his life depended on it.

Sam -- So glad you're back posting with us again. Crowded gyms are the pits, but since you live in such a beautiful area, soon you'll be able to get out and about. Love the comment about caring more and taking time with your makeup and clothes. Taking pride in how we look is a wonderful part of our movement to become healthy inside and out.

Donna -- Never thought I'd say this, but enjoy your IVs and here's hoping they'll do the trick that the oral medication hasn't been able to do. I totally understand the small town living. My current town is 2500 but I've lived in towns of 500 all the way up to several million. The perfect size seems to be about 150,000 -- they have one of everything! I agree with Pam -- having to drive 20 miles to get a fast food fix pretty much assures that it won't be happening.

Terra -- My experience with Texas is that it's a whole lot like Kansas in the summer (for we far northern chicks that would be HOT!), but Texas winters are usually a whole lot better. This year may be the exception!

Pam -- I don't have any chat rooms for RVers, but I did join an RVing group just for women. I went to a couple of the campouts, but it just wasn't a good mix for me. They prohibited all men from attending -- even male children -- and it's hard to break into a group that has been together for years. Pam, when I had plantar fasciitis, it just pretty much brought me to a complete stop. Bought some shoes made by a company called Orthaheel. They're not cheap, but they also brought pretty much instant relief in terms of the right kind of support. Wish we were neighbors -- I have a feeling that we'd be giving each other ideas on things to do in the house and yard.

The freezer was delivered yesterday morning and has had a chance to get frozen, so I'll go retrieve my frozen food and get it loaded. I need to work on another chair with getting it stripped and sanded and there's always vacuuming to do. I bought new hoses to replace the existing ones on the washers for upstairs and downstairs, bought hooks to repair the coat rack thingy by the back door, need to fix a pull on one of the downstairs ceiling fans etc. Sometimes the excitement of my days just overwhelms me.

On the diet front......It's amazing. I got reminded that if I stick with IF (which is what I've had the most success with) and keep my daily carbs under 100g thatI will lose weight. I've finally lost a few pounds, and want to keep at it so that I get back into the losing habit. I am determined to make it below 300 pounds by the end of the year.

Hope everyone has a great day. Happy Pi day (3/14/15 is how pi starts out!)
Closed Thread