Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #166  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Sam: Hope that those boils heal soon. Ouch.

Pjvw: Good job. 6600 steps is nothing to scoff at.

Betsy: Good luck with those boys. Took my younger kids to the park today. How do they have so much energy?

Magpie: Good luck on the job front.

Cindy: Congrats on the weight loss!

Fi: Bob's grieving. People tend to find targets for their anger during that time. Unfortunately, it's usually not properly aimed. My condolences. I hope that things turn back to some semblance of normal for you soon. Another thing, he may very well be concerned about your well-being, given that you're immobile. That can't be easy.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:17 AM   #167  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Jane,Elstyle,rabidstoat & Cherrygarcia ~ Welcome to the forum and the 300+ Chat Thread for March, I hope you all like it here. I look forward to looking more about your guys journey's .

Betsy ~ Yeah Kansas summer's can get really hot, I couldnt imagine how hot it can get during the summer in Texas. Yeah I dont like HOT weather either. I dont like freezing cold weather either. I like warm and cool weather the best.

Tootsie ~ Yeah sometimes I'm not on top of working out either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 2:30 a.m. and its now 4:00 a.m. right now. I was gonna get up at 4:00 a.m. anyway cause I think at 4 a.m. I would of gotten 8 hours of sleep since I went to sleep at 8:30 last night but I'm not 100% sure I'm right about that though. My plans for today are to do my 40 min. chair exercises sometime today and we are also gonna go to Walmart to do our weekly shopping and we're also gonna go to Best Buy cause mom needs to buy a Tablet for work. I'm not gonna do my 20 min. 1 mile walking dvd at night anymore because my brother and his family goes to sleep at 7 or 8 at night and I dont want to wake them up by my working out to the walking dvd. They sleep downstairs but I still think I get enough exercise walking outside and doing my 40 min. chair exercises every day without having to do the walking dvd at night. Anyway I hope everyone has an awesome day today.

Last edited by Terra1984; 03-22-2015 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 410/372/200

Height: 5'10"

Hello everyone, new member to the thread.

I'm looking for support, during my weight loss progress, from people who I can relate to...and it looks like I found the right place!

I'm on day 7 of what I hope will be THE journey to a better me!
Old 03-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #169  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Misstonimariex: Welcome to the forums. Looks like you're off to a good start.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY SUNDAY MORNING CHICKS!!!

I hope everyone is doing wonderful this beautiful WET day! We have had rain much of the weekend and more is expected a little later today. Maybe after church I can get in a couple of laps around the block.

Tootsie - Thanks! I am proud of my 6600. These days I am excited to get over 5000 in daily. Friday I got in 6200 but Saturday only 2100. I did a lot around the house just didn't take as many steps. Oh well working on getting better and better! And I think that is all that matters. I once heard a weight loss guru say "IT'S ALL ABOUT PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION!"

Terra - You are a sweetheart for being so considerate of others. Maybe you can get in some exercise time earlier in the day to make up for it. I am like you. I hate the HOT weather but I was raised here in Texas and most likely will stay here because of my family. I keep telling myself that at least the winters are not too bad. LOL

Fi - So sorry for your family's loss. I am sure that Bob is a little out of sorts and that is why he is aggravated. It will get better soon. I hate that you are still having troubles with your knees but you have a great attitude about it and that is great. Still praying for you that you get better sooner than you think!

Cindy - You are doing great!!! Congrats on 5%! I am ready to lose 5% PLUS! LOL

Magpie - I never heard of Crackslaw so I checked out your recipe and I think it is something I might enjoy! Anyway, I bookmarked the recipe for later. Thank you so much for sharing. I am praying that the perfect job for you falls in your lap!

Sam - I did it! I took your lead and I cooked up some meals for this next week. I have beans with venison and veggie stew cooked up and put into containers. Today I was thinking about making some spaghetti and homemade sauce to put into containers for a change. I will have to see about that. I might come up with something else. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Betsy - Indeed we did start close to the same and are about the same weight now. I am not sure but I think we are close to the same age as well. It is nice to know there are others out there who are similar to me. I sure does help with the struggles. I know you always say that you don't get in much movement but I am betting you get in a lot more than you think. I know from reading your posts it sure sounds like you stay busy all the time: gardening, cleaning, cooking, running to town, shopping, getting the RV ready. I would be willing to bet you get in way more steps than you even realize. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for always having something inspiring to say. I really love your outlook on life. I hope you have had a wonderful time with your grandchildren.

I weighed this morning and stayed exactly the same as last week. At least it wasn't a gain so that is always a plus. I have been doing well on my eating. By the time you average out my activity I would guess that last week and this week were close to the same. I will just keep chugging along. I will get there!!!

Well as mentioned above I didn't get in many steps yesterday. However, I got all of the laundry done and put away. I did some cooking: a pasta salad for that funeral and a pot of beans and a stew for me. Not strenuous but done. All the dishes done. And I got to work on my blue jean rug. Yea! about half done on that one. If nothing else it is interesting. Today I should get in a few more steps as I need to vacume and put away some winter quilts and other linens, organize my clothes closet and bedroom area. This evening I will be going to visitation for yet another person who passed away. He was a deacon at my old church and I thought a lot of him. I will also make a pasta salad for that family dinner.

I hope that you all have a Blessed Sunday, A Perfect On Plan Day!!!
Old 03-22-2015, 01:57 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Misstonimariex... you will love it here... everyone is so supportive and so helpful... As Tootsie said it looks like you are off to a great start!!! Congrats!!! Just jump right in and ask questions or make comments... Oh and come by as much as you can!!!
Old 03-22-2015, 06:44 PM   #172  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Bob's on the phone right now with various family members, trying to work out details for a memorial service, etc. I feel so sad I don't want to join them, because I'll just cry. Laura was Bob's #1 caretaker when he was a kid. She gave him his first Jimi Hendrix album, when he was in junior high. She was the super-cool hippy older sister for him.

With regard to my mobility problem, there is some good news. I'm stuck on the couch and unable to get to the kitchen, so I have to ask Bob to get food for me. I do believe the ultimate result of that is going to be weight loss!

But when will it be over? When will I be able to walk? I haven't the slightest idea. I guess I have to just wait... and not eat. At least I've got the kitties for company. They are SO sweet.

Welcome to the thread, misstonimariex! Everybody here is so real—I really love that. Just jump in the pool: the water's warm. =smile=

Last edited by Fiona W; 03-22-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I only check here every few days so I am behind in posts, don't mind me if I respond to something from last week! Also apologies for being scattered and just responding to a few (I should be working!):

cherrygarcia80: I got stuck at 344 for like 2 weeks! It was crazy, like you I wasn't counting calories but I knew I was eating a lot less and was confused on why it wasn't budging. Finally I decided that if I was eating like this and stuck at 344 so be it, because at that point it was the best I could do. Then within a week I dropped like 6 pounds. So I don't know what my body was doing but bodies are just weird sometimes.

pjvw34: I've found 10,000 to be a crazy goal for me right now. I have neither the time (okay, I have the time, I just don't want to spend it walking) nor the inclination right now to hit it. In fact, I've backed off walking for a few months, though I will probably start with a '15 minute most days' goal next month, starting small. But I swear, I would work my office job and walk a bit in the course of that, and then go home and walk two miles, and still not be at 10K. That's just crazy! (The one thing I found that did have me hit my goal every day was when I was at Disney World! Unfortunately I can't live at Disney World.)

magpie: Job hunting sucks, I hope one of the opportunities pans out for you soon!

This morning I was getting dressed and went for my favorite pair of blue jeans, only to realize that they would not work at all! They had been getting baggy, I knew that, but now they were literally falling off me. So I'm wearing an older favorite pair of blue jeans that's smaller.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #174  
Turning Into A New Woman

Pjvw34 ~ Yeah I make sure to exercise earlier in the day since I cant do it at night.

Misstonimariex ~ Welcome to the forum and 300+ Chat thread for March. I hope you like posting here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 1:30 a.m. and then I went back to sleep at 2:45 a.m. and got back up at 6:00 a.m. and I'm up for the day now. My plans for today are to do my 40 min. chair exercises at 11 a.m. and then at 1 or 2 depending on the weather I will walk outside for 30 mins to an hour. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Last edited by Terra1984; 03-23-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday! Sorry, just realized that for everyone who is off to work today (or has been there for hours already) that Monday is probably not a happy day. Retirement does bring a different perspective to every day of the week as in they're all good!

The boys were here all weekend, and as always I wonder if there was ever a time when I had that much energy. I'm sure there way, but it was back in the Dark Ages as we were traveling across country in the Conestoga! Love having them here. Love taking them back to their parents.

Magpie -- I've got everything crossed but my eyes as my momma told me that they'd get stuck if I did that! (Anyone else remember some of the warnings we got as children that now make no sense at all?) Hope that job comes through even if it does mean moving. Having so much uncertainty in your life adds stress -- and we all have enough stress in our lives without worrying about a job.

Cindy -- Wow! You've lost 5% before you even get your ticker. That's wonderful. Way to get a really good start on your journey.

Fi -- One of the stages of grieving is anger and in this case Bob might be focusing on you because he sure can't let his sister know that he's angry with her for leaving him -- even at this age. Today is the 6th anniversary of my sister's passing, and I'm still not completely over it. Just be there for him and let him know that you understand the pain he's experiencing. When do you go to see the ortho doc? Time to get the knees and hips fixed. I am really worried that you're still in this kind of pain and having mobility problems so long after the falls.

Tootsie -- My BIL took the boys fishing (along with my nephew to make sure he returned with 2) and evidently it was quite the experience. Between trying to make sure that no one ended up with a hook attached to them while casting to having the patience to watch the bobbers, etc. it was evidently an experience. The younger one (he's 4) never walks anyplace -- always runs and on his toes no less. They do make me laugh though -- little ones are truly a gift for the soul aren't they.

Terra -- You'd love the climate here in WA -- rarely gets above 80 and rarely gets below 40. Most places don't even have air conditioning. It is so considerate of you to be concerned about keeping others awake when they have such an early bed time.

MissToni -- Welcome to the group. You'll get lots of support and inspiration with this group.

Pam -- Yes, it does sound like we're alike in so many ways. I'm 65 and it will help so much to be able to track weight loss with someone who is close to being in the same boat. It's not a competition thing for me so much as a co-conspirator! I am always busy -- but definitely need to increase my mobility. Lots of arthritis in my knees and hips, and I sometimes use that as an excuse to sit too much. Your jean rug sounds interesting. Are you doing a hook rug or weaving?

Rabidstoat -- WOW! It is so inspiring to read about when clothes just plain don't fit any more. My yo-yoing these past 18 months means I'm still trying to get back down into clothes I could previously wear. Now, get rid of that pair that no longer fits!

It's raining here and has that look of an all day rain so guess I won't be doing anything outside. I need to do laundry, get the boys' room straightened up, clean up their bathroom (how can 2 boys get that much toothpaste over everything?) and vacuum for dirt that has come off of Toby. I need to do some stuff with the RV as well, but that has to wait until dryer weather. If there's time, I'm going to unload the coffee table in the family room. It's huge, has a pull apart top with lots of internal storage and shelves on the ends. It's next on the refinishing list and just upacking the thing and moving it to the garage will take a couple of hours.

Back on the regular meal plan today. I definitely strayed off plan this weekend. I am going to go to the gym today and try to make sure that I get back to going several times a week.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #176  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hello chicks...here I am back again!
Sorry for the radio silence.
I am back on plan as of today. 16 weeks to my daughter's wedding and if I don't do something about my weight I won't fit in to the lovely outfit I bought at the charity shop!
I am having a second week of IV antibiotics. I feel heaps better but am not quite sorted yet. The pain is that whilst I have the venflon in my hand I can't go swimming which is how I usually start back with exercise.
My estranged husband is being an incredible emotional drain. He is wallowing in self pity "It's all my fault...I know how badly I treated you....my life is a living nightmare......." and lots of tears.....
I know.... I know.....I should be able to ignore it as I have no intention of having him back but I find it difficult.
And today my daughter had to start anti-depressants as she has been really struggling at Uni and had begun to self harm. Her GP mentioned there might be an element of Bipolar disorder which is what I have and I am really worried about her.

Fi... I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with Betsy that it is worrying that your knees are still so awful. Thinking of you. Your previous post made me smile though...I am sure I wouldn't laugh at your accent....you may find my accent funny though!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers over the last few weeks....it has meant so much.

Hi to newbies.....
Big Welsh Hugs
Donna
Old 03-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!!!!
My son and his family have moved out so I have some time to myself but only a little. My 9 month grandson comes almost everyday while his mother is at work with her new hours.
This thread has become very intimidating with so many on here to keep track of. The more the merrier.
My weight has been creeping back up. I don't have a clue where it is at since I stepped on my scale and broke it. (It had a new battery in it.)
Donna, STOP letting him put you on a guilt trip! Praying for your health and while it is concerning news about your daughter give thanks that she has gotten help. How is your son?
Betsy did you finish your garage? Now that I am back it is time for you to get serious with me. What plan are you on as of today?
Terra I can not tell you how happy to I am to hear that you are being considerate of others. I find I get a better workout when I am outside. How about you?
Welcome rabid and congrats on your falling off pants!
Fi I am sorry for the loss of your SIL. I am with Betsy and concerned about your health. Have you set a time limit for when enough is enough and you go see a doctor? I enjoyed your kitty pictures and getting to see Bob.
Pam you sure are a busy gal! I agree "Progress not perfection."
tootsie you are doing a good job of encouraging others as always but how are you doing?
Andrea I see you popped back in while I was gone. How are you?
Welcome misstonimariex, Cindy, Cherry Garcia and Mag Pie, Jane and Elstyle! I apologize if I've let anyone out...
Sam last but definitely not least. You sure are going through a difficult time again. Today is a new week and lets change this around! Here is a big chest bump and let's get back on track! I want my Sam back!!!
Whew that was long. Thank goodness the little guy needed a big nap.
I am so excited to be back.
Have a peaceful day.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:46 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Good evening everyone. Just popping in for a quick hello before bed. I'm still doing well and hope everyone had a good day.

Does anyone ever plan a cheat day, or a day where they go off their plan? Tomorrow is my 54th birthday and I know I'm going to eat a little more than usual. Every year my hubby cooks my favorite dinner. I know I'm going to be stuffed, but I'm going to enjoy it!

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow. Sorry no time for personals tonight. I will try again tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:38 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Cindy, I'm going to cheat on IP (which is a SERIOUS no-no) on the day of my college buddy's wedding, because there is a lady who wants to marry him, and that is DEFINITELY worth celebrating! I won't go all out, and I probably won't risk alcohol, beyond a sip of champagne for the toast, but I won't be OP, either. I have a similar plan for my birthday, actually. (IP aside,) The main problem with cheats is that "well, I did it once" mindset, right? So if you've got the willpower to cheat for your birthday and go right back OP, then I say do it! We only really run into trouble when one day becomes a week becomes a month......

Mountain, I don't suppose you can block his email/otherwise avoid him? Good for you, trying to ignore him as best you can and going back OP! (Btw, don't worry about not exercising a lot while you're on antibiotics for a scary chest infection!) I've got good friends with bipolar disorder, and they manage just fine. I hope your daughter gets her meds sorted quickly and easily!

Betsy, Stoat, PJ, Tootsie, and Cindy - thanks!

Tonimarie, welcome!

Ubee, hi!

~~~

Girls, I may have figured it out! I can't keep up with Zumba, even Zumba Gold. (They make Zumba for seniors! That makes me happy!) But do you know what I think I COULD keep up with? Line dancing. I think I'm going to try to learn line dancing on days when I don't want to go outside to walk.

I have a 9 day streak of making it to 5000 steps!

No word on the job front, but I am still crossing everything it makes sense to cross.

I hope we all have a fantastic OP week!
Old 03-24-2015, 03:21 AM   #180  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ 80 and above is a little too hot for me. Yeah its always nice to think of others.

Ubee ~ Yeah I need a better work out outside too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 2:00 a.m. this morning and I feel pretty awake so I doubt I'll go back to sleep like I usually do if I get up really early in the morning. Today I plan to do my 40 min. chair exercises at 11 a.m. and then go outside and walk for 30 mins to an hour at 1 or 2 p.m. today. I hope everyone has a lovely day today.
Closed Thread