Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 AM   #256  

Well it's monday and it's a sad day here at the Learn household. It's back to school day for my son. Christmas vacation is over and once again I must hand him over to the educators. It has been a wonderful 19 days, but now it is back to the old chalkboard or should I say dry erase board. It was so awesome having him home to break the daily grind of caring for my mom, which is getting so emotionally draining lately. O.K. I have whined enough, let me get to the important stuff, the personals.

CJ- Did you get that housework done? My ceiling fans are now clean and more energy efficient. CONGRATULATIONS on hitting the 220's. SIXTY POUNDS DOWN-AWESOME!!!

Ags- If I lived closer I would be happy to clean your ceiling fans. But only if you send me the snow flurries. Enough to put a foot of snow on the ground. I hope you had a POP day right up to when your head hit the pillow.

lavie- Look at you, a weekend skating commitment. You are the bomb! Your children's ministry sounds wonderful. Keep up the wonderful POSITIVE work your doing.

777- I always say the "same o, same o" means your settling into a routine. In this case it's a healthy routine. As far as the sore muscles, it's O.K. to allow your muscles to heal a day. Be careful! I hope you got a good nights rest.

As for me, I had a POP day. Got my cleaning done and my ceiling fans are clean and shiny and I'm sure much more energy efficient. Wow, I can't believe how big those Dust Bunny's get on my ceiling fans. And I try to clean then about 3 times a year. Today I will actually exercise and not take it out on my house. Gonna make one quick run to Walmart and then it's home until my son gets out of school. Then we'll do our walk and talk about how his school day went. He makes me promise to do my walk when he gets home. I am going to sneak in a Mommy alone walk though while he's in school. I have to find ways of getting away from my mother without actually leaving her alone for too long. She has been really trying my patience lately.
Well ladies, that is it for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful monday and I will pop my head in later.

Later - Learn
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #257  

Height: 5'7"

No school yet again today...we live in town and our road is still snow covered. Im so thankful the temps are going up today. My poor heater needs a break!!
Im hoping by the end of the week to be able to walk outside some. We are suppost to be in the 40s for high by then.
My positive for today is hubby asked for home fries this morning and I baked them in the oven and didnt even eat on bite!! His glucose was down to 100 this morning. I cant wait to see what his middle of the day reading is. He has been running in the 200-300 range even with his meds ...but his eating has been awful.
Tommorow my baby girl turns 20..i just dont know where the times goes. Im ordering her bday cake from dairy queen. She loves their icecream cakes and thinks she would be mistreated if she didnt get one. I got online and read the calories and already figured my points for it. Now I just have to work it into my menu. I can have treats without cheating...I have to remember this!!!
hugs to all
Old 01-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #258  

My positive for today is that I found this site and all of you! Hooray!

I am new and will post in the new section, but I am happy to be here, so say the least. Today feels like a brand new day for me! And with that comes a positive new start!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #259  

S/C/G: .

Height: 5'4

One of my MANY positives is that my daughter is paci free for 4 days tonight!!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #260  

FAR OUT!!! More new POSITIVE people to enhance our wonderful thread.

gokrisgo (kris)- Welcome to our POSITIVE thread. It's a great place to start your day and chat about what positive things that went on the day before and about what's instore for the day ahead. Your off to a fantastic start just by joining 3FC. WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!

playfullyme (play)- And welcome to our POSITIVE thread also. Congratulations on the weaning of the pacifier. I have heard that it is not easy for the wee ones to give up. I was blessed with a child who never wanted one. He is 13 yrs now and still does not want a lot of things kids his age want. Like he won't and never has drank a soda, juice, or Kool-Aid of any kind. He will only drink water or low fat chocolate milk. And he will not eat beef, only chicken. Maybe someday I can say my son has gone 4 days without a chicken nugget. LOL!!!
Anyway thank you for choosing our POSITIVE thread and WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!

Later - Learn
Old 01-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #261  

S/C/G: .

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #262  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Ugh, I just seem to be having "one of those" days! I accidentally posted 3 times in a row, and then, instead of deleting the extra 2, I deleted all of them! That pretty well sizes up my day today. And now I can't re-post it because the server keeps telling me it's a duplicate. So here's the original post:

Today, I am feeling cranky and "blah", so instead of bragging on myself, I'll brag on my kid. He's the youngest of the bunch, at 13, and he's making stuffed pork chops for dinner. He just came in, while I was sitting at the computer being crabby, and said "mom, I left all the boxes out so you could look at the labels." What an awesome kid! I am very lucky to have such a supportive family!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

Well, I am sitting in my big comfy recliner chair (I know, I know) with my feet about an inch and a half from my tiny little space heater. Most houses in Key West don’t have heat and it’s brrrrrr cold. I know you all will laugh when I complain about the cold because the high today was 56 degrees F. But at night it’s been dropping into the 40’s and if you don’t have heat it is really really cold.

But, on the positive side, it was SUNNY today. And when you were out in that sun, it was actually warm! Oh joy!

Playfullyme ...WelcomeWelcomeWelcome! How did you break your little one from using the paci? I sometimes watch SuperNanny and am always interested in how she deals with this.

GoKrisGo ... Double WelcomeWelcomeWelcome! You know, just starting is a huge thing. It is a brand new and wonderful day, and you are doing exactly the right thing by posting here.

dgramie -- a big congrats on not eating the home fries and it’s wonderful your husband’s glucose is down. And your “baby girl” is definitely growing up! And you are right not to call them cheats. If they are worked into your plan, we just call them treats!

Learn -- I’m sorry to say I did NOT clean like I said I was going to. The day just got away from me somehow, no excuses. Maybe tomorrow? I’m so sorry about your Mom and how draining it is for you to be the caregiver. Many hugs.

777 -- what kinds of exercise are you doing? I have been going to an “over 55” exercise class 3x per week (just started last week) which is supposed to improve your strength and balance. It actually is quite good and I’ve never realized my balance was as bad as it is. I can’t really stand on one foot without holding onto something. So hopefully it will get better as this class progresses.

Lavie -- you found your balance at the skating rink, good for you. I think “finding your balance” can be a metaphor for this weight loss journey -- or maybe even life. When I first started I was so sad and discouraged. I didn’t think I would ever lose significant weight without starving. But after 10 months, I know I can do it successfully and happily.

Ags -- ok, I think I have to buy a crock pot. What size should I get for 2 people?

Well, my positive today is I felt really good. I have been a bit down lately, and I think it’s easy to get into a negative spiral. But today I was happy, and tomorrow I’m going to make it two in a row!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #264  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Well good evening sweet taters,

Just lookie here, more new faces, hot diggity dang dang. As we say here, the more the merrier. You ladies have brighten my day even more.

Bo, I am so happy you enjoyed the white chicken chili, I love that stuff and could eat the whole darn pot, but I don't, I would be filling up gas tanks all over the neighborhood, free of charge of course. Since you have alot left jjust for you, pack into single serve containers and when you want it, just pop it in the microwave. I never hae enough left to pack anywhere. My folks tend to like everything I do, especially if I like it alot. LOL Now look at how Bo, GOT HER GROOVE BACK, Stella ain't got nothing on you girl. I can just imagine you out there now, getting down. Rock on sista!!!! Bo, love your ministry!!!

Girl you will be just fine, the soreness shall pass and Learn is right, give you muscles a chance to rest and heal and then do it all over again. You are on the right path baby.

Learn,
How sad the song, you had to kiss your baby boy and send him on his way, he is turning into such a well rounded young man, one to make mamma proud. Hope the afternoon's reunion was special and the walk was a memorable one. Now go and say a prayer for your mommie and one for you, this rough patch shall pass. Great news for another POP day.
LEarn, the pork chops I need had raisin and cranberries and barbeque sauce on them. The sweetness of the friut and tang of the bbq sauce went well together, they complemented each other well. Oh yeah, and thanks for the web-sites. Will check those out.

D,
glad to hear those temps are a rising!!!! You darlings need a break, until they are back to normal stay warm.
Will be keeping hubby in prayer. It is staying high even with the meds, may be once he is on plan with his eating it will help to regulate it. If I do not eat properly, mine will surely rise too. Tell him I said from one to another, we gotta stay on track and keep it in control, not it in control of us. Then give him a great big hug and say I said we can do this.

Now it is time to WELCOME our newest NEWBIES!!!! Here's to you KRIS and PLAY, we just adore new folks here on the POSITIVE THREAD, and we cannot wait to get to know each of you better. We are a funfilled bunch of ladies that love to support, encourage, share, toot your horns, praise and comfort, laugh and hold each others hands. So feel free to sit back, take your shoes off and stay awhile, while we enjoy this journey together. We will be right here for the ups and the downs, humps and bumps, but we will all get there in the end. READY....SET.....LET'S GO!!!!!! BUCKLE UP!!!!!

As for me today..................My one or maybe two positive things are........I woke up this morning, still had my right mind, still had a job to go to, clothes on my back and food to eat. I have had a POP day and I am claiming one for tomorrow. I will proclaim that I will make the most of each day and make everyone count, I will share and care and promise to make someone new in my life smile each day. Life is good!!!!!!!

Carol, where are you???? Hottie, putting out and APB!!!! Nonab and Fun, car 54 where are you???? KIsses and hugs and love to all of you.

Will check back in late, if I do not fall asleep.
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 01-11-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm here - doing well - just in a little head cold funk!

Enjoying my quickie chicken tortilla soup and the promise of a warm Caribbean breeze soon.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #266  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Oh Bo and CJ,

Again my post was long and by the time I had finished there you two were and here am I just to talk to you two.

Bo, I think your son in a fantastic little guy,and look at him cooking already, give him a big pat on the back from me, and even looking out for you on your journey.

CJ, I understand darling, when you are not use to being in the cold, yeah 40 could be a whole new frontier. Stay warm pumpkin. I am estatic to hear you are happy today and that one day will start a ripple effect so keep that ball a rollin'. I think a crock for two is probably a two to 4 quart. Learn, is the queen of the crocks. I hope I am right on the size for ya.

Dgram,
I liked the way CJ put that, worked into the plan, not cheats, just treats. Hot diggity dang dang.

Play,
How did you get the baby off the paci? My grandson has got to come off soon and I know this is really going to be a challenge. All help accepted!!!! LOL
Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 311/304/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I'm new to this thread...but I like what y'all got going on!

A positive thing about me today is I spent the day with my grandparents. It was my Papaw's 73rd birthday, and we talked crops and cows all day, which was great. And when we went to a great buffet restaurant, I chose baked chicken, turnip greens, and green beans. And I did not go back for seconds, eat any dessert, or eat any bread! And when I got home, even though I have blisters, I still walked my mile! Whooohooo! I'm so proud of myself! I'm learning that I DO have willpower!

Thanks for being here! This website is the best support I have ever gotten! ROCK ON, CHICKS!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #268  

Hi dessi,
Just a quick welcome to our wonderful POSITIVE thread. Sounds like you had a great day with your Papaw and made great choices at dinner. You are off to a great start. Just keep those POSITIVES coming!

Later - Learn
Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 311/304/150

Height: 5'8"

Thank you!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #270  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Well hello there Dessi,

Here is a great big welcome coming right you all the way from Virginia. You have started out with a blast sugar, keep it rolling. You are rockin!!!! Memories you will hold a lifetime, enjoy your grandparents for as long as you can. I so miss my grandfather. He lived to a ripe old age of 103 and that man could tell the best stories. I have a picture of his first car, that he built himself, I loved my Popa. So glad you found us, now stay awhile and relax. We are always right here. You made great choices and yes you do have will power, YOU ARE QUEEN FOR THE DAY!!!!

Again, WELCOME!!!!!
Hugs love and blessings,
Goodnight all,
AGs
Closed Thread