Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #346  

I wanted to share this with my friends. It's from the Hope For Haiti benefit concert last night. It moved me so much!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxOWHu6Oyt8
Old 01-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

My positive is I'm here and reading - thanks!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
That should be... HIP, HIP... wait for it..... HOORAY
That is PERFECT. Thank you so much! Ok, a backside comparison. First picture was May 2009, second picture was Jan 1, 2010.

Last edited by CJZee; 01-24-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #349  

Height: 5'7"

cjzee- WOW you are looking great!! dont you just love it when the hips go down!! My hips are my biggest area and always have been even when i was thin.

carol- hi and hugs

learn- sorry you didnt get to go on your drive. I can relate to needing time to yourself. My hubby has been sick for over 6yrs now and I know at times I could sure use a break. I had a bad day last friday and cried and then felt ready to face the future. I think we just need a good cry from time to time.
agg- watch that salt and take your meds please. I keep all hubbys meds in a pill organiser and cant imagine life without it!!
As for me...4 pop days...feeling a bit stressed right now. Hubby is sick with a cold.
Please keep him in your prayers. OUr new grandson will be here in 9 days and he needs to be well by then.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #350  

OMG!!! That is awesome. I see an overall difference from head to toe, but from the waist down a major difference. Way to go CJ!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #351  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello darlings,

Bo, you even sound hot pink!!!

Learn, Happy your Mom was fine and you still managed a nap. I am with you, your sister would be toast!!! Above all, thanking you so much for posting your quotes again, I love them. I did salvage the corn beef and the hash was amazing, you must venture out and make your own, Learn, it is unbelievable. I can tell you how I do mine if you like.

CJ, Hips be gone!!!!

My positive for the day is..... I came here, that's all, that's it, but for today that was just enough.

Later gators,
hugs kisses love and blessings,
Ags
Old 01-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #352  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

CJ, your pic is fantastic!!! You are doing it oh so well!!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #353  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I'm sorry I havent checked in last few days. I haven't felt very positive.... I found out I had a chemical pregnancy, which is a fertilized egg that never implants itself into your uterus. so you end up having a what seems like a period just late and very painful... It is basically a very early miscarraige. The positive in this is we were not plannign to get pregnant yet and I wanted to loose a lot more weight before we try. So that is the positive. this gives me another chance to lose weight and make it part of the plan instead of an accident. I am still sad over the loss of what would have potentially been my baby... But it is a blessing it happened very early on and before I even had a chance to realize I was. I imagine it would have been horrible 4-5 motnhs dow nto road after telling every one and then have it happen

Last edited by mariamherrera; 01-24-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:53 AM   #354  

Good morning!
Sunday, sunday, sunday! Who's going to church this morning? ME!!! I need it, I haven't been there the last few sundays and I just need it.

maria- I am so sorry to hear what happened. Your right, even though it wasn't planned it's still a lose. Please know that you are in my prayers.

Ags & gggirls- Your right some days just making it to 3FC is the only positive one can dig up and what a good one it is. Here's to a great sunday neighbor.

CJ- Again......... HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

dgramie
- I always feel a good cry is a healthy cry. You can only hold it in so long, if you don't let go it'll kill you. I hope DH feels better soon.

Now it's my turn. I have been really itching to do some baking and have been avoiding it due to staying on my plan (POP). Well yesterday I just had to do it. I made 4 dozen chocolate chocolate chip mint cookies my son has been asking me to make. I made 2 very small quarter sized ones for me and that's all I ate. Then I baked a beautiful loaf of bread and only had 1 slice (that was considered my lunch) and then at dinner I allowed myself to have another slice with my slow cooked chicken and dumplings (which I avoided the dumplings part to have the slice of bread). Then I took an extra half lap on my walk yesterday. So think I POP, POP, POPPED!!!
I hope evryone has a wonderful sunday and enjoy the quote.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ~ Reba McEntire

Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 01-24-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #355  

Thing are going good here. Im making good choices and very happy that I am!! It feels so good to find that strength within yourself!
Hubby is some better than yesterday and Im thinking maybe the cold meds he had taken had interacted with his other meds and caused a scary reaction. He is awake today and much more alert.
learn- way to go on baking and staying out of it. I am waiting till I feel strong enough to do that again. Got to get a few more POP days under my belt before I do.
maria- Im sorry you had to go thru that but Im sure it was much easy than down the line. HUGS!!
agg- how are you today?
carol- feeling any better today? Its raining here yet again. I think I heard more snow and cold weather was returning for this week. It is January after all..I had rather have the cold now than in april!
cj- How are you today?
Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #356  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hi there,

Dgram, I will definetly keep your hubby in prayer and you as well darling. This must be stress weekend all over, I have been right in that club myself. Let's make it a fifth POP day, cause I know you have got it in you!!! Not to worry darling, I am back on top of my meds.

Maria, everything happens for reason and you seem to be handling it very well. All I can say is that, I will keep you in prayer, and in this all you still found a positive side.

Learn, you have done an outstanding job. Keep up the good work!!!

My positive today is......we finished up the pot roast and I am glad it is gone, cause it was just way tooooo good, plus I made corn bread and I only had two pieces yesterday and one today. The rest of it, I am sending home with my daughter, gotta get it out of here!!! LOL LOL

Later gators, and happy Sunday to everyone out there reading,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 01-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Ags -- I love pot roast and I think I will make one for me. I even have one of those black spotted pans with the lids ... do you know what I mean? I can cook it on top of the stove. I am back on low-carb for awhile, it really helps me not be hungry and it’s easy to follow when I’m by myself. Thanks for the nice comment on my pictures. You know, I can hardly believe it myself. I keep looking at them, and I really have shrunk down some.

Dgramie -- thanks for the nice comments on my backside! I’m glad your hubby seems to be getting better. It is very hard when a family member has a chronic illness.

Learn
-- I can’t believe I didn’t come up with your HIP HIP HOORAY for my backside pictures. That is so perfect. I will remember next time, LOL. You are a better woman than me. I could not have cookies around the house, oh no.

Maria -- I’m so sorry to hear what happened, but God has other plans for you. Hope you feel better.

gggirls -- give us a shout-out before you leave on your fun trip.

Bo -- where are you?

My positive ... this has been a very stressful day. I have some legal issues that are going on and on. They are not huge or even very important things, but they are wearing me down. So my positive is I am done worrying for the day and I put myself in God's hands tonight for a nice evening and a nice sleep. I like that saying "Let Go, Let God" and that's what I'm going to try and do for awhile.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #358  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

I'm here!!! Sorry if I scared anyone! Weekends are crazy around my house, and this one was no exception, cast and all. I got plenty of walking in, at least, and the really great news is, I'm in almost no pain at all. Definitely nothing intolerable. I can't wait for the end of this week to get my walking boot so I can walk around some more!

CJ, my girl, check out you and your sexy hips!! You are rockin' it, girlie! Mad props!! And yes, I talk just like I type. I am almost always this happy. I give all the credit to God...he does beautiful work in my life!

Here's the link to the pics forum with my cast pic in it. Scroll down to the bottom, I was the last person to post: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-...ture-page.html

Ags--of COURSE I sound hot pink! It's my favorite color!! It's one of my wedding colors, too.

Hope everyone's having a super-wonderful weekend!

Last edited by lavieboheme73; 01-24-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Adding linkage :)
Old 01-25-2010, 05:40 AM   #359  

Good morning everyone,
It's monday, it's raining here in FL, and the sound of the rain hitting the roof over my head is awesome. Now if everyone would just stay in bed so the silence continues and I can listen to my raindrops for several hours this would be the best monday I've had in a long time.

dgramie- I'm glad your DH is doing better. Sometime meds can be scarey. When ever I'm given a new prescription I ask the Dr. and the pharmacist if it's compatable with what I am already taking.

Ags- Seems this was a pot roast week for a lot of people. I also belong to a cooking forum and pot roast seemed to be the favorite the past few days. So glad you were able to pawn the remainder of that corn bread off on your daughter. My sister made corn muffins and I have no trouble ignoring those, she's makes those horrible Jiffy brand kind and they are so dry. I never was much of a corn bread person, but keep those yeast rolls outa my sight. I hope you had a beautiful sunday.

CJ- Don't worry about it, glad I could come up with the HIP HIP HOORAY for you. As far as the cookies, I was able to avoid them because of the combination of chocolate and mint. It's a little bit too sweet for me.
I hope you had a nice relaxing evening and Let God take the steering wheel for a while.

Bo- "It's one of my wedding colors, too" Does that mean it was one of your wedding colors or it's going to be one of your wedding colors?
Love that hot pink cast! Glad your your pain is being kept to a minimum. Remember when you get that walking cast, IT'S A WALKING CAST! not a roller skating cast!!!

As for me, my day started out kinda ruff. When I went to bed sat. night my RLS kicked in and even after a wonderful leg massage from my DH it just wouldn't quit, so in my efforts to get comfortable, as I was tossing and turning I aggrivated something in my bad back and and after sitting up for an hour in pain decided I needed something for the pain. So I took a vicadin, but after about 30 to 40 minutes my stomach flipped from the vicadin (should not take on an empty stomach), so now I'm up with nausea and back pain, but the RLS eased up. About 1:30 am I laid back down and just as I'm falling asleep my mother is banging on my bedroom wall (in my bedroom) trying to find my light switch. Apparently she woke up and wanted to know where I was, she gets her days and nights mixed up. I convince her to get out of my room and go to bed (I think) only to be woke up by my dog licking my face at 2:30 am. My dog usually sleeps in my son's room but my mom let her out. I get out of bed and find my mom raiding the refrigerator. So after convincing her to go to bed it's 3:00 am. I sit on the sofa and fall asleep for 30 more minutes. So since 4:00 is my usual get up time I give up on the sleep and get my first cup of coffee. Needless to say I was groggy all morning and needed a nap, which my wonderful DH made sure I was not disturbed during. I slept for about 3 hours and surprising enough I was still able to sleep when my head hit the pillow at 10 pm. O.K. my POSITIVE in all this is... I made it through a sleepless night, a day of dementia with my mom and I managed to be POP all day.
That is enough from me for a while, I hope everyone has a wonderful monday full of POSITIVITIES.

Here's my quote of the day...

We should give meaning to life, not wait for life to give us meaning ~ Unknown

Later - Learn
Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning!
Closed Thread