Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #391  

gggirls- Don't forget to ask the pilot to tip the wings as the plane goes over the Tampa Bay Area and you'll have to wave out the window. I'll be lookin' at every plane that flies over head. Have a wonderful time.

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 01-29-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #392  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Carol, will be missing you, but you have a rootin tootin good time. Swim the dolphins!!!!

Bo, Hot diggity dang dang, cast off...boot on and both feet in the tub. Get it girl and two new beads............OH YEAH!!!!!!! 5k comming at cha!!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 05:39 AM   #393  

Good Saturday Morning!
I was watching on the news all the bad weather north of me, I hope everyone has hunkered down and is safe and warm. We will get it here in FL, but rain not snow of course.

dgramie- Hope the weather went easy on you. 3 to 6 inches is alot when you have to shovel it. Be careful!

CJ- It works for you and that is what's most important.

Ags- Which cake recipe did I give you? Was it the pumpkin gooey etc.? If so I knew you would love it. How is Mali doing?

dnathan- You are just hogging all those NSV to yourself, aren't you? That's alright! Again congratulations and welcome to our POSITIVE thread.

gggirls- Have an awesome time and as I mentioned before.... PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!!!

Bo- I'm sitting here with this image of a shower curtain flapping in the wind and a bright hot pink cast sticking out bouncing up and down.

So glad you can start back on the Couch to 5K.

As for me I am POP again! Did a little baking yesterday and wasted a whole bunch of ingredients. LOL!!! I was attempting to make a pound cake and I failed to add a key ingredient so after I baked it and let it cool enough to handle I was trying to flip the cake out of the tube pan I baked it in and although it looked done on top the bottom was completely raw. I had cake batter oozing all over my counter and floor. I guess I wasn't meant to have that small sliver of pound cake I was craving. I absolutely love to cook, but I never said I could bake! So my POSITIVE is I cut calories all day to have a slice of cake and didn't get the cake. I figured I ended up ahead of the game.
That's it for me ladies and gent. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Here is the quote of the day...

Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line ~ Lucille Ball

Later ~ Learn
Old 01-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

dNathan -- hope you come back and post on “the positive thread”. It would be nice to have a man around! You have a long string of NSV’s there (non-scale victories!) and many more to come. Wow, you’ve lost almost 100 lbs. Fabulous!

Carol -- have a wonderful journey. I know you had fun “shopping in your closet” because a lot of those old clothes fit or were too big. You are going to have such a great time!

Bo -- wear the boot, baby. It will be off in no time. Would you recommend the Couch to 5K???

Learn -- sorry about the pound cake debacle. But sometimes I like it when stuff like that happens, it gives me a real push on the weight loss because I was planning to eat stuff and it didn’t happen. I find if I can go without dinner once in a while, it really really helps.

Ags -- are you trying to get on the FMLA because of Mali? I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

My positive -- next Thurs is my birthday, and I’m so close to the “two-teens” that I’m going to give myself a “two-teen” birthday present to be 219 or less on my birthday. I really think I can do this. I have not been this weight for probably 15 years or more. I am so ready.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

CJ -what a wonderful birthday gift to yourself. It's wonderful to watch your progress.

Learn - we were in Tampa last February - we really enjoyed it. I have 5 memory cards packed - that should be enough pics to last awhile. Take care of the early mornings - can't wait to catch up when I get back.

Bo - think you'll be ready by Trolley Run time?

Ags - hold Mali close - hope he is doing better today.

Debbie - anxious to hear about the new addition to your wonderful family.

Nathan - hope to see you soon - we're really not a scary bunch - well - not too scary. I have faith you can take it.

Okie dokie my friends - I'll try to post tomorrow morning from the hotel - someone please ask me about my exercise when I get back - I need accountability from the outside as I can blow ME off but not others - strange how that works isn't it.

Take care of yourselves - hug those you love - SMILE (especially in the mirror).

See you lighter........................

Last edited by gggirls; 01-30-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #396  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there sweet pa tooties,

It is snowing here like CRAZY in Va!!!! We are to get about 8-12 inches and that is really saying something for here!!! It is beautiful!! OMG, just got the news COSTCO here closed down!!!! What a rarity!!! But so glad they used there heads. God is Godd!!!!

Learn,
I cannot remember which one it was, I will check for you, but I believe it was the Pumpkin one. Sorry your pound cake took a nose dive but hey on the positive side, look at all the calories you saved!!!
So far today, Mali seems to be doing a little better, they say as long as he is playing while he has the fever, than he is okay. Still fretfull though, but you know I would be too and I am old. LOL LOL
When Carol's plane passes over head, give her a wave for me too, neighbor's gotta love em', always there for you.

CJ,
Hey there baby girl. I am getting my FMLA papers for my legs, I have to have new ones filled out each year even if it is for the same reason, over and over and over. Go figure!!!
Cj, your plan is working for you, so do what you do baby and rock it!! I wish I could be there on your b'day to sing you a special b'day song. Guess I will just have to give you one great big shout out from here!!! A two-teen present sounds great, or hey throw yourself a party, I will be there in spirit.

Carol,
Off you go into the wild blue yonder!!!! And then, and then smooth sailing!!! Ugh yeah, I think 5 memory cards will be plenty. Be good, be safe, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Okay Hottie, don't make me come a lookin' for ya!!!!!

Nathan,
Carol is right, we are not too scary....LOL LOL We just like to have lots and lots of fun, now we can tell some wild tales, way funny ones. You come back now ya here!!!

My positive for today is...............It is snowing to beat the band and I don't have to go to work. (Never understood the beat the band thing, but my Mom always said it, so I guess I am just following in her footsteps.) LOL
I am making white chicken chili and I am feeling like a kid today, all great positive's and the whole family is together. Wow, look at what a snow storm can do.....bring everyone together. Happy happy happy day.

Will check back in later with a new snow report. Later gators,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #397  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Learn--I'm afraid it was a much less attractive picture. More like shower curtain wide open, folding chair in the shower, and BOTH legs sticking straight out in front of me, soap in the eyes while I tried not to get water down the back of my cast. I do NOT recommend it!

CJ--I'm wearing the stupid boot. Most of the time. Doc said I could sleep without it and shower without it and take it off for a few minutes every day, adding a few minutes more each week until healed. But right now, there's still a HUGE amount of bruising, so he wants me to keep it under compression as much as I can. Yes, I do recommend the couch to 5K! What I don't recommend is trying to get all Superjock and run down the hill to the walking trail while doing the Couch to 5K. You will wind up with unplanned accessorization, just like I did.

GG--I will not be cleared to run by Trolley time, but I will be able to walk it. I can't start running again until May.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #398  

We got 6-8 inches of snow. It was alot to sweep off the porch and then shovel the walk and clean off the cars.I then took off and walked downtown to our dollar store and got stuff to make a pot of soup. I worked up a good sweat doing it all.
carol- have fun we will miss you!!!
learn- I dont mind an inch or two of snow but this is too much.
agg- enjoy your day off.I can hardly wait till monday when my grandson will be born.
bo- be careful ...
cj- wow that is an awesome present to give yourself!!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #399  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

OMG... a government official just left my house. He said AGS was looking for me?!?!?! LOL!

Ladies & gentlemen - I have been a busy girl, as per usual. I have posted a couple of times on 3FC in the past few days. Mainly I am just trying to keep in touch with the weight loss community while DH is home - I know it is SO EASY to backslide if you lose touch with your support network!

I have lost a few pounds (60 lbs officially gone now! woot!), but it seems excruciatingly slow right now. So, I bought a new scale. LOL Seriously, I have been POP and yet the numbers are not my friend. I just bought this scale on Amazon today and am impatiently waiting for it

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-Full-Sen...4927252&sr=8-1

Even if it isn't totally accurate on the items other than the weight, I figure I'll at least be able to see a trend up or down.

BTW.. I tried a new recipe today and thought I would share. I slaved for hours in the kitchen. *wipes brow* Here it is:

1 box any cake mix
1/2 to 3/4 can of diet soda (dark soda for choc. cake, clear for light colored cakes)

Mix according to box (except leave all the added ingredients OUT! eggs, oil, etc) & bake according to the box. Ends up being about 100 calories less per serving than using the box instructions! AND.. it was GOOD! Moist and delish. You can add a beaten egg white or two to make it fluffier if you like. According to Sparkpeople comments on the recipe, a good diet soda to use is diet Dr. Pepper - especially with a spice cake. The combinations could really be endless - vanilla with orange soda sounds yum! Also, apparently vanilla cake w/diet cream soda is really, really good. For a few more calories you could add some light cool whip.

I see lots of POP action going on around here! You people are AWESOME! And Ags - girl... 2.6 lbs last weigh in !~??!???!?!?!?!? FABULOUS!!

Catch you again soon (I hope!)

PS: GO CJ!!! GET THAT 219!! I have faith in you - you can do it!

Last edited by HotWings; 01-31-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:43 AM   #400  

Good Sunday Morning,
Another weekend is almost KAPUT!

CJ- I just know you'll make that birthday goal of 219 or better. And we'll all be ready to celebrate with you!

gggirls- I know your in VACAY MODE right now, but think of us suffering through our daily grinds as your soaking up the sunshine. Have a blast!

Ags- Did the snow ever stop yesterday? How was that chicken chili? Perfect meal on a snowy day! Is Mali feeling better? I hope so.

Bo- I'm sure your enjoying life without cast, but I also know you can't wait to give that boot the old heave ho! Hang in there and don't push it. Follow the DR.'s orders.

dgramie- Sounds like you got alot of snow exercise in yesterday. Gosh I wish I could take a walk in snow with my son. I remember whenever we got a fresh new snow when I was a kid how incredibly quiet it was. Like the snow was insulating your house from the sounds outside.

HotWings- WOW!!! Your recipe sounds so complicated. What I want to know is... How do I get the cake mix out of the box and the soda out of the can? You failed to include that in your directions. LOL!!!
Actually it sounds pretty good, especially the vanilla cake w/ cream soda.

As for me my day was sorta POP. I made a nice salisbury steak w/ just a trickle of gravy over NO YOLKS and it was very good. Tried my pound cake recipe again and it came out delish. Had a sliver of that. Promised the rest to my brother today since his daughter and grand kids are visiting. But my exercise was not there due to weather. I am getting frustrated with my lack of exercise options. With the pool closed I walk the property, but due to physical limitations I can't exercise as long as I do in the pool. Also getting frustrated with this stupid water retention. It seems like all I do is fight to get rid of TOM's gift and just as I get close to where I was on the scale... BOOM there he is again reeling his ugly self and I wake up with swollen ankles, legs, hands, etc... I am so careful about any hidden sodium in the foods I eat. I take a diaretic daily. So this week I need to revamp my stratedgy, find something new to do as far as exercise. Any suggestions?
O.K. I've whined enough. The POSITIVE is I see nothing happening and I'm gonna find a way to shake things up with my motabolism. I'm gonna light a fire under it's tush and get it moving.
That is it for me this morning, I hope everyone has a great sunday.

Today's quote:
A mistake is simply another way of doing things. ~ Katherine Graham

Later ~ Learn
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Surprise! It's me - the hotel has a business center and since we're in a bad part of town here I land - of course that is after my visit to the fitness center in the hotel and two sweaty miles on the treadmill.

We were late leaving KC yesterday due to an plane issue - not to worry - DH and I were together and in vacation mode.

Be well - be warm - I'll miss you all!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:06 AM   #402  

carol- we will miss you!! Enjoy yourself and bring some nice warm sunny weather back to the midwest...PLEASE!!

learn- way to go on only a sliver of pound cake.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #403  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Default BEWARE of Splenda aka Sucralose

Okay, I am just irritated beyond belief right now. Posting a warning here, but after I have been off Splenda aka sucralose for a week or two I will see what the results are and possibly make a post in the Weight Loss Support forum.

I have been trying to figure out why my weight loss has been pretty much at a slow crawl/stall for the past 2-3 months. I think I found out why - at least I hope I have. I had heard in the past that Splenda aka Sucralose isn't as healthy as most people think. Most people think it is an all natural sweetener since it is derived from real sugar. It turns out that the way they derive the no cal/no carb sweetener is by bonding it with CHLORINE. Yes, chlorine. I might as well be putting pesticide in my coffee. After researching it, there are numerous health complaints associated with Splenda. One of which is WEIGHT GAIN. Now, this wouldn't bother me QUITE so much if I was only drinking it in my coffee in say, a cup a morning or something. But, coffee is my "go to" drink since I quit drinking diet soda. I have probably 6-8 cups per day. I was adding sugar free creamer to my coffee (Coffeemate Sugar Free French Vanilla) that was laden with sucralose as well as 2 packets of Splenda in each cup. I am just steamed from all the reports I have read about it being really unhealthy. Splenda execs should be ashamed of themselves - they have really done some deception here - making people think it is natural being made from real sugar, when in fact, it is just another chemical sweetener.

All you need to do if you want to read about it is Google "truth about splenda" or "effects of sucralose" something similar. It is all over the web, including YouTube.

I went directly to the kitchen and purged it of all things containing sucralose. What makes me even more upset is that I was feeding my kids a sugar free pancake syrup laden with the crud. I told DH we are making a trip to the Whole Foods Market this week (which, btw, refuses to carry anything containing sucralose/splenda) to find some alternatives. A week or so ago, I started using Stevia packets in my coffee, simply because I had run out of Splenda packets and I had it in the house. I was still using the creamer, but guess what? I have lost a few pounds since then. It just all seems to add up.

GRRRRRRRRR!

Last edited by HotWings; 01-31-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:32 PM   #404  

Very interesting hotwing.I do a packet or two in my coffe every morning and then have one packet of crystal light daily. hmmm maybe i need to look for something else.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #405  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

I tried splenda and had an allergic reaction so bad my throat closed shut, needless to say, I'm not a big fan
Closed Thread