Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #151  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey thereeeeeeee pumpkin pooh's,

GGG, you made my day. I was really begining to wonder. I had to go with holly jolly this year, it was slim pickin's, but hey I am holly jolly.

Learn, thank you for the new count down!!!!!!!!!

OKay darlin's, it's back in the saddle time so tally hoooooo!!!!!!! I had a okay day at work today and I am thankful for that, just waiting on Friday.

I am tried darlings so I am off to bed. Til tomorrow, parting is such sweet sorrow.

hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 12-29-2009, 05:41 AM   #152  

Good Morning,
Well yesterday was another quiet day at 3FC, but the holiday's are not officially over yet, so maybe after the first we'll get busy again.

gggirls- Well how did the back to POP go. It is so easy to slip back into those old eating habits again, isn't it?

Ags- I'll take an Okay day at work anytime. At least is wasn't a work disaster. Here's to an even better day today.

I am really missing everyone, nonabee, Shia, nooch, Oat, Kat, Sara, Hot, Ink, Fungirl, and the list goes on and on.

As for me, I had a OP day yesterday, but my nose is very sore from putting it to the grindstone and really knuckling down on my eating. But I am back on track and holding myself accountable for everything that enters my mouth.

Ladies, have a wonderful tuesday and at Ag's request...

Later - Learn
Old 12-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Learn - it wasn't POP but it was sooooooo much better - I did perfect until dinner - which was late after a hard gym session and an errand. Leftovers came out - but I did skip desert. I also got all of my water in - something I've been slacking on - scale was up even more than yesterday though. It's truly scary how quickly these pounds come back. I'm craving grilled chicken and steamed veggies.

Be well - be warm.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:24 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone! I am super busy right now because I'm moving into a new gallery space on Jan. 1 so am busy painting and putting up walls, etc. etc. Then I have to get my new art prepared for the new space (ha! small detail). But everything should be calmer about the 2nd week of Jan. and I will participate more fully.

I have been eating pretty well over the holidays, I'm proud to say I think I only had one sweet (a frosted cookie in the shape of a Christmas Tree, what can I say?) the entire time. My DF is still here until Jan. 4, and we're crazy busy so I'm eating out constantly. But my weight is steady about where my ticker shows. I didn't make my 225 Christmas goal but I'm very close.

I'm with gggirls, I will be happy to have a POP day, totally at home and totally planned out. Until then I'm making good choices and staying the course.

On another thread, I posted a comment about my New Year's resolutions, and I'm repeating it here:

----------------------------
Plan for the New Year 2010
For me, I've discovered the ACTIVITIES are really more important than the goals. My thought is that the goals will come if I'm doing the right things (the correct activities). For example, I'm pretty happy with my eating right now and have been doing well for some months so I don't want to change course now. I do have some milestone weights I'm aiming at, like reaching 179 by August when my nephew gets married in Europe. But I don't like to stress about the timing. My thought is "There are no unrealistic goals, only unrealistic timetables."

That said, there ARE many areas of my life I would like to improve upon. But I don't want to set a bunch of artificial goals and then fail at them. So, I was thinking to myself, "what can I do to address these issues without adding more stress to my life?" I decided if I assigned TIME to the issues, I would slowly-but-surely make my life better. And, knowing me, once I start on something I usually do it longer than originally planned.

So my thought is to assign 30-minutes to life improvements in several areas. My goal is to devote 30 minutes in each area most days of the week. I will make a chart and check them off each day. If I do each of these things every day, it will take 2 hours a day. So I'm calling my plan:

30 minutes to my best life
  • Exercise goal: do it
  • Creative goal: work on NEW art
  • Calmness goal: organize and put away (NOT normal cleaning but getting the junk and paperwork out of my life)
  • Reaching out goal: socializing, making phone call to friends, writing friends and family, etc.

Last edited by CJZee; 12-29-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #155  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey there girlies,

It is a great day in the neighborhood. Work was busy busy busy, but it was a great day, my legs surprised me and lasted a really long time and then much to my surprise, I due off a 6:15 and they let me go at 5:45, oh happy day. Annnnnd, I got my new keyboard today, so no more fifty million eeeeeeee's and rrrrrrr's and mmmmmmm's. That certainly dictated how I made my post. Have you ever tried writing sentences without using words with e's and r's. Good golly miss molly that is so hard to do.

Well I totally ate like a natural born fool today, I lost my mine and my head went bad. Gotta get a grip and get it quickly, gotta grab hold to my life preserver and hold on tight. Wish me luck!!!!!

Gotta work for two more days and then I am off for three, so starting tomorrow I am aiming for the straight and narrow so that I can release three pounds or more by Thursday after next. Pray for me.

Learn, I am like you, I am missing everyone too!!!! Thank you for my count down, I just love them. Great job staying on point. Now I need to know what is POP? Let a sista in.

GGG, you did much better today, you will have everything back to normal very soon. Keep up the good work.

CJ, busy is good, that means you are getting so many things accomplished. Stay on track and stay focused and you will be right where you want to be. Good luck on the new gallery.

Tracy, where are you??? You just got back, now don't you go missing in action on me again.

Hottie, missing you!!!!

Oats, I pray all is well with you,

Nooch, how is the job going?? Don't stay away too long. I miss all your postiviness!!!!!!

Shia, what can I say, baby come back!!!!

Nona, Nona, Nona........................

Okay ladies, that is it for the moment, see you tomorrow,
love hugs and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-30-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:53 AM   #156  

Morning to all,
Wednesday! Woop Woop! Well at least it's not Monday!

gggirls- Getting that water in is so important. Just have patience while your body readjusts to being POP. And maybe get rid of those dangerous leftovers.

CJ- Great plan you've set for yourself. I'm not big on setting goals or resolutions. I just keep imagining how great I'll feel when I reach my healthy weight.

Ags- Off work a little early, no legs screaming at cha, and a brand new non-sticky keyboard. You got the whole Great Day Package!

As for me, I had a fantastic OP day yesterday. I am back with a vengence. Look out fat and sodium, cause I'm calling you out. It's gonna be another gunfight at the O.K. Corral! Except we call our humble little spread, Whisper Oaks! I did my exercise in the form of housework yesterday. Four loads of laundry done, dusted anything that was sitting still long enough to dust, and vacuumed the whole house except my son's room due to a major LEGO explosion on his bedroom floor. He was having so much fun building and contructing I didn't want to disturb him. You'd be amazed what that boy can create with LEGO's.
Today is an actual exercise day. I have got to get my rear in gear in that department. Shooting for a lap around the 5 acres. Then I'm making a batch of turkey meatball's to freeze for future use.

Ladies, have an awesome Wednesday and remember...

Only two more days until New Years!

Later - Learn
Old 12-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #157  

Height: 5'7"

I will be back on plan today...so far I have failed! Today is a new day and the hands typing this dont look like mine. THese have fat swollen fingers...time to STOP it NOW!! Im drinking coffee then hitting the water extra hard. I dont like the way I feel!!!

Last edited by dgramie; 12-30-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #158  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good evening to all,

Learn, I am happy to hear you had an on point day and are getting preparded with that making meals in advance, could you send me some of those meatballs. They sound really really good. You got a whole lot accomplished around the house and I would love to see his lego explosion. Now get your walk on baby!!!

Dgram, I am right in the midst with you, hands swollen and all. Gotta get even more water in.

Today for me turned into a pretty good day. I surprised my self. This morning I almost called out because my left knee buckled two times before I had even left for work, but I was determined to make it. When I walked thru the door I was hit with, my help had been sent to another department. WOW!!! They found me a fill in for a little while and the next person due in at 12, double WOW. The returns were extreme and the line was out the door. The good news is...........I hung in there and made it all the way thru the day and my legs kept up with me. Now one more day to go and off for three days. I must say, I cannot wait. I am so thankful, that the LORD gave me the strength and the determination to make it. Maybe my stamina is building!!! My new weight week starts tomorrow so I must make a strong positive effort to do things right................here I go!!!!!!!

See you lovelies tomorrow, same time, same channel.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 AM   #159  

Happy New Years Eve Everyone!
Well here it is, the end of 2009. I don't know about you all, but when I was a kid and I thought about the year 2010 I picture it different. I pictured a Jane Jetson lifestyle.

Anyway...

dgramie- You can get back on plan I know you can. Just think how great you were feeling with all those healthy choices you were making. I hope you had a great day.

Ags- Come on baby, just one more day and then it's 3 days off. You are just oozing with positivity. Keep it going! I like it, I like it!!!

I had a great day yesterday. Took my mom for labs early in the morning and I did not strangle her or leave her there. She has been really trying my patience lately.
I had a OP day with my eating and I even got some actual exercise in. Today I plan on doing the same.
That is about it for me. How about you all, I wanna hear your plans for getting out of the holiday eating habits.

Remember...

That's right, only one more day and it's 2010.

Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 12-31-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:07 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all! Happy new year's eve. Any big plans tonight to ring in the new year? Our traditional steak and lobster won't happen - supposed to be temps below zero - tough to keep the grill going. Not sure what our plans will be - I know we will be home though and probably not see the new year in.

Our plans have changed somewhat and it's possible that tomorrow will be the last celebration and my POP days will return on the 2nd - if not the 3rd for sure as the party has been postponed.

Learn - my plan to get out of this cycle is simple - JUST DO IT. I will exercise every day in January! I will exercise every day in January! And I will exercise every day in January! For me if I exercise (which I'm still fighting) I don't want to give up its benefits by eating bad. I wish I could not be such an all or nothing fool but that's how it is for now at least.

Ags - great job yesterday! Hope today is even better. My pups love your Christmas card - they come running each time I open it - thank you!

Debbie - how was the day - did you succeed with your POP day?

Be warm - be well.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:50 AM   #161  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Hey Everyone!
I am still here Ags! This place is great & keeps me going. I am back on track again!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #162  

Height: 5'7"

YES!!! I had a POP day and my fingers show it. I love looking at my hands and see all the swelling going away. Scales were down 4lbs since yesterday./...just 6 more to go to get back to my normal area.
We are not doing anything specail tonight. Just hubby and I will be home and we are having a subway sandwich for dinner. ITs good and within my points range.
Im so ready for exercise again but taking today off again..i have bursted blood vessel in my upper thigh. Its sore and swollen but not as bad as yesterday. Thanks Carol for the advice on how to handle it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe new years eve
Old 12-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #163  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Sweet taters,

I'm home and I did it again. It was a super duper rough day today and I, oh yes I did it, I made it thru with flying colors. Legs held up well, feeting burning like crazy, tired as all get out, productivity was off the charts good, and I am still standing. I did it and I am here to tell the story.

My eating was not too bad, a slice of pizza and a salad with a diet pop. When I got home I had shrimp and stir fried veggies. Not too bad, right? Tomorrow will be real good becasue I am at home and I can control what I fix to eat. Thank God for small favors.

Not doing to much tonight, daddy is already in the bed, he has been gone for two days and just getting back. Poor baby could hardly keep his eyes open and that's okay with me. We have not seen the new year come in in about two years now, we always already sleep. We will celebrate with each other tomorrow.

Okay now somebody better tell me what POP is????? Or else.........

Learn,
I think that it is absolutely marvelous that you did not strangle your mom and you are using restrainants. Good for you. I know it is challenging and you are handling it so well. Your reward will be in Heaven for being such a loving kind daughter. Great job staying on point too. You still have not gotten your card. I am so disappointed, I pick that song just for you.

GGG,
Ummm steak and lobster, I can almost taste it now. I love them both!! Temps below zero, oh my, I am shaking for you!!! You could really use one of my blankets now, so soft, so warm and cuddlely. You will back into your exercise routine before long and back just where you want to be.

Tracy,
Hey baby girl. Happy New Year!!!! I think I need you to start the week challenge's again, so get on your job and get that ball a rollin'.

Dgram,
Happy to hear that swelling is going away. Down four whole pounds, you rock. Now take care of that vessel and be careful. Now if you do not mind me asking, how is that DH of yours? Tell him I said hello.

Until tomorrow,
Hugs love and blessings and Have a Happy New Year

Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-31-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:28 AM   #164  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Good morning everyone,
I hope everyone had a wonderful new year's eve wether it be going out to celebrate or staying in and having a quiet evening relaxing.
I stayed home as usual. I am not the Party Hoo Haa type person and not big on crowds. I went to bed at 9:30 pm last night although I was awake to ring in the new year, compliments of my redneck neighbor. Yes the firewooks were going off about 50 yards from my bedroom window. He will do this a few nights in a row until his fireworks are used up, bless his heart. He is a special neighbor who's elevator does not go all the way to the top floor, the lights are on, but nobodies home, and a few bricks short of a full load.

gggirls- I know once the holidays are thru you will be back with a vengence. And being an all or nothing person is why you have achieved what you have achieved.

Tracy- Good morning and doesn't it feel great to be back on track again? It's so nice to have you back on 3FC also.

dgramie- I do hope you enjoyed your Subway sandwich, my favorite use to be the Italian BMT toasted with bacon, but I avoid those now. I find it hard to control myself in Subway. How is your leg doing? I hope you were able to rest it good yesterday.

Ags- POP I believe (and may be wrong) is Perfectly On Plan. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Enjoy your 3 days off and rest those legs.

As for me, I had a OP day yesterday and got my walk in even though my joints were screaming at me a bit, but when I walk I am never alone, so I was being distracted most of the time. Before I knew it my walk was done. Usually when I walk my son goes with me along with our dog Peanut. And every once in a while I will be followed by several kitty cats. We have 4 outside cats, so I am never alone unless I lock myself in the bathroom.
Today I will do more walking if the weather holds out. We are expecting rain, but hopefully it will give me a break to get my walk in.

Ladies, have a wonderful New Year's Day and I will check back in later.

Later - Learn
Old 01-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Ags! I got your beautiful card singing. I must say it is gorgeous, thank you so very much, also, for the sentiment inside. Big hugs.
Closed Thread