Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Azcyn -- Good luck, hon!

Torister -- Welcome back -- I remember you! Sounds like you're doing great! I invite you to post those exercise minutes on our exercise thread! We're trying to break our group's minutes from 2007 and can use EVERYONES help!

So, this is a call to everyone -- if you exercise, please help us out and record your minutes! You don't have to set goals (though many of us do) and it's great for accountability!!

Edited to add: Torister beat me to it! Welcome back to the exercise thread!

Last edited by Heather; 04-22-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #32  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Everyone,

I can't thank you enough for your kind messages and prayers for my brother, Daryl. He has been told that he has a mid-range form of Leukemia, and will be having treatment (on and off) for three months. He has a 75-80% chance of recovery. I would have preferred 100%, but it is still OK. He started chemo on Sunday afternoon and is feeling pretty good, but has been told that the effects will probably be worse next week, after his week of chemo. I think he is just feeling better because the pneumonia has finally gone and he can breathe again and has a little more energy. He has a few problems, but they are nowhere near as bad as the pneumonia symptoms.

The doctors are still considering a marrow/stem cell transplant - I am not sure which one they are going to do, or whether it is one and the same thing, I'll have to ask - and I had my blood test done two days ago. My eldest brother is coming to Perth today to have his test and my other brother and sister will have theirs done in the town where they live. I was told that we each have a 25% chance of being a match, so I figure with four of us there is a pretty good chance that one of us may be able to give Daryl what he needs to get through this. They are saying that a transplant will give him a greater chance of not getting this again once he is in remission.

So, there isn't much new at the moment. Between his wife and Neil and I we have got him some of his own pyjamas and a nice V-shaped pillow so he feels a little more human and an individual. Rosalie (his wife) cut his hair the other day and gave him a shave and after he changed into his own pjs for the first time the smile on his face almost made me cry. But I've been good, I haven't cried in front of him.

We are still going into the city every day. We sit with him for an hour before Rose comes, then we go and have a coffee and a walk around to give them time. Throughout the rest of the day we kinda play 'tag' with visitors. Yesterday we came home for a while in the afternoon and then went back in to have dinner with Rose so she didn't have to sit on her own. It is all pretty little really, but it helps. We are enjoying the time walking around the city, so that is nice. We are also enjoying catching up with people as they visit Daryl.

Well, I will be off to get ready to head in. I truly do thank you for all of your kind words and thoughts. They mean the world to us. I have told Daryl that I have people thinking of us and praying from all around the world and that made him smile. I find myself walking along with a smile on my face as I think of all of those positive thoughts as well. They HAVE to work!!!

Take care,

Zelma

Last edited by ZedAus; 04-22-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

I will post my exercise minutes at the end of the month..been working hard!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #34  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
Utterly and absolutely. I am totally addicted to carbs, like an alcoholic is to booze. Once I start I can't stop. I can't do "just one bite." This is for sugar and starch both. Eating that stuff makes me feel very very sick, and it makes me gain weight. I gained on an 800 calorie a day doctor-prescribed diet, because it was almost 100% carb.

I know many people can lose weight on diets that include carb, either (so-called, by some) "good" (whole wheat, fruits, starchy vegetables, legumes) carbs or "bad" carbs (cake, pie, fries, yummy stuff). I am not one of them.

Hello my name is DC Hound and I am a carbohydrate addict.

Atkins is the only thing that could break the cycle of addiction for me, so I'll be on some version of it for the rest of my life. I feel like a completely different person now that I'm not obsessing about carbs anymore. Atkins tamed it for me.
OMG......that is me to a "T". Atkins is a life changing/saving chance for me and like DC Hound, I will be on some form of this for the rest of my life and that is fine because it is the right WOE for me. I did lose weight on Low fat/high carb, but I was hungry and always thinking of my next meal and it didn't take much to set off a binge.

I think when you find a plan that will allow you to eat to live rather than live to eat, then things will click and all things fall easily into place.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Peggy - great to see you. How's the cute not-so-pup any longer?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Evening ladies..

Well I went to the Dr's today for a followup. I WISH I HAD GONE THERE INSTEAD OF THE ER!!!!!

He asked what all they did at the ER. I told him. So he looks at me and says we are going to culture this. We are also going to cut this open, drain it, and pack it. I started to ball my eyes out! Hubby was there too. He said he would be right back while the MA got the intruments he needed. OMG! It hurt beyond hurt. As he squeezed all the infection out. He said he thought he might have to send me to a surgen, but after draining it he said he didnt know. Then he packed it with gauze. Right now I feel really sick. I don't think I am allergic to Iodine I told him. I have to go back tomorrow and who knows for how many days to have him repack it because I cant and wont let hubby do it.

I am thankful that I have my hubby and kids. They are great. I am also thankful for yall. Seriously! I know that yall truley care!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 327/315/145

Talking I'm brand new!!

Hi all! I'm still exploring 3FC, but I'm looking forward to learning more about all the awesome people here!
azcyn - I'm wishing all good things for you and hope your feeling better.
This is the journey that I've stuttered on for oh-so long and I am in need of feeling better about me. Thank you all for being here! I see now that I wasn't the only one on the planet that could be going through such struggles with food, although I've felt so alone for so long!!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Not much to report on. Thanks for the kudos for sneaking under 300. It was a long time coming. Today was a bad day at work (I should still have a job, but one I like much less than my current one). I know the right thing to do it suck it up, but right now I am still having pity party. I didn't eat great, but didn't do horribly. Just irritated. Oh well.

I hope all of you who are unhealthy / struggling, I hope things work themselves out.

Angie
Old 04-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Cyn -- Hang in there!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #40  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

(((Cyn)))

Torister ~ yep!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #41  

Height: 5'7"

cyn- please take care of yourself.I wish dmpls was still here. She has the exact same thing a few years back. Please keep us posted on how your doing.
hugs to all
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Zelma - I hope the treatment works for your brother. It sounds like he is getting the best care and I hope that is true. Hang in there!

Cyn - I'm glad you got your wound drained and hopefully it will help you heal up faster. Do you know what caused this?

I'm cleaning up my kitchen, well starting to today. I won't get it all done as I'm going to do a heavy cleaning so I expect it to be a few days. Right now I'm hungry so I think I'll go eat something, but I need to clean out the ol' fridge and plan to buy some bins or something so I can properly store stuff in there. I have an old fridge, not one of those fancy ones that have pockets for this and that. Mine is pretty plain, so I'm taking the situation into my own hands and making some storage solutions!

I feel very tired today and feel like my TOM symptoms are approaching. I'm keeping a close eye on my hormones. I do feel a bit more hum-drum today, but it could be because I'm tired.

Hope you all are well! *HUGS*
Old 04-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #43  

Hello my Chickadees! (and lurking roosters)

I am struggling to move more. Now that my head is out of my blues, my body needs to go forward too. It is a major effort to even get out of bed and takes a pep talk with myself each morning. I know I always feel better when I "just do it".

I have this collection of green things in my lunch box today called a "salad". I shall wiggle my nose and munch on that for lunch.

Hugs to all the northerners who are still getting SNOW! eep.

Man, if I lived close to GGG, my goldens and I would be in that pool every day (after it warmed up). I'd prolly kidnap Annie on the way. It would be a summer long pool parteeeee! I just feel free in the water.

Cyn, I get staph infections on my face because of my cpap machine (no matter how many antibacterial soaps I use on my face and mask). I know they can get out of hand easily. Hang in there. Keep going to your doc for followups. *hugs* I know it looks really scary right now, but it sounds like your doc has you taken care of!

Zelma, I'm still sending mass healing thoughts to you and your family and bro. Keep in mind that after chemo and remission and all the hospital stuff, he'll need even more support. The fear of recurrence is biggie.

Hiya Torister!! Hugs to dgram, Heather, Catherine (did you get organized?), Realist, Jaq, Catluv, DC, Deb and all da lurkers.

Luv,
Ratkitten
Old 04-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #44  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all!!

The heat wave here has finally passed. We've been dying in 95 degree heat this week, and it finally broke last night. It's fine in June and July when us Californian's are used to it, but when you go from 70's to 90's within a day, it's hard. But the breeze is blowing and the forecast calls for 72 today. Just perfect!!

I'm adjusting to dietland fairly well (I hope). I don't seem to have too many bad cravings and the fact that I feel so much better is a real push to keep me on target. My only issue is getting out to exercise. I wanted to get back on my bike this week, but it's been so hot that I just feel drained when I get home. I've been thinking about getting an elliptical machine so I can just do that while I watch tv. I started lifting my little 3lb weights last night as some form of something.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday and, like me, is looking forward to a fun weekend!

Jen
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #45  

WELCOME NorthCAJen!!

My fav exercise is also bicycling. My alterego is spandexed-out BikerChick. She has frequent run-ins with the area squirrels and thinks there's a squirrel conspiracy out to dismount her from her precious bike.

I'm glad the temps are better there on the left coast. I'm on the right coast and we have the same problem with the weather doing what it pleases.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Closed Thread