Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #61  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennlovesnorcal View Post
I sooo relate! There were 5 Jennifer's in my 6th grade class! I'm by TAFB and couldn't be happier that the weather has changed. 90's in April is just all wrong!! My flowers are doing the wig out, but I wouldn't mind a little more Spring before Summer comes to kick some butt! You in my neck of the woods, Jenny?

Ya know, Ratkity, I'm a firm believer in cosmic twins, so I would not EVEN be suprised if Jenny has 2 pugs and loves Starbucks and sushi!

Thanks for the welcome shimmers! I'd love any suggestions on carving out that all important me time!

Jenn
Hey Jenn! It seems we may be cut from the same cloth. I'm in Sacramento, so not too far from you. I don't have pugs, but I have 3 dogs (Queensland Heeler, Doberman & Pit Mix), I LOVE sushi, but I have to confess I'm a Peete's girl instead of Starbucks.

Happy Friday to everyone!

Jenny
Old 04-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #62  

BunnyJenn,

I saw your picts on the picture sticky. You have a radiant smile!!

Hugs,
Ratkity

(I decided there's FroggyJenn and BunnyJenn after your avatars.. if you change them, I'm lost.. hehe)
Old 04-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #63  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

The police cars finally left this morning. They sure creeped out the elderly woman who brought me home from church last night. I snowed yesterday again. I warned himself that if it snowed again I was going to go visit my mother. He knows that is an empty threat though.

He got me a GPS. Now I never have to worry about getting lost. That can be very scary with a brain injury. It's amazing what you can get with airmiles here. I'm supposed to be working on paperwork today, but I'm thinking about playing hooky.

Oh Yeah, I got an A on my last term paper. It looks like I may actually get an A for the course. That would be nice. Professors have to have permission from the Dean of the college to give an A or an F, so few of either are given.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Buenos Dias Chicas,

Shimmers: My niece just graduated from Cal Poly last June. I was enrolled and ready to go then.... Got married and pregnant and never went back. So, in my heart it will always be "my school".

Sharon: Woo hooo sweetie. -6 pounds is excellent! Way to go. I hear ya on the clothes fitting weird. I have mostly size 14 tops and bottoms but there is a size 18 top that fits me but is bordering tight. Silly clothes makers.

Carol: I'm so proud of you for the walk. I want to do something out of my comfort zone so much but I am such a chicken. I will think of you if I get the nerve to go sign up for the dance classes. I'm proud of you. Have fun playing in the dirt!

Heather: Thank you. Yes, I do track it. I don't know why I didn't post it. I think because I just got so darn busy with work during that time I was lucky to even come on here and say hi. I will be better about it for sure. I will add up all of the unposted minutes and post by the end of April.

Erink: Welcome back. Hugs congrats on your weight loss so far. You are doing amazing. Hugs.

DC: Lol. You are too cute.

Jenny: I used to love it when I lived in Folsom. I worked in Sacramento off Bradshaw and of coarse shopped at all the "Big Girl" Stores.

Catherine: I hope that the professor does the right thing and gives you the true A you deserve. Glad things are calming down a bit.

WEll, I'm off to shop now.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 04-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Pugs?? Someone has pugs??? (I didn't read closely enough...)

I have 2 lovely pug-boys: Othello (who is 9) and Hamlet (who is 4).
Old 04-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #66  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I am back after a long hiatus with no excuse in sight. *sigh*
I was surprised by having to lower my tracker in the signature thing, I thought I would have to up the number, yay for forgetting how much I weighed last time I was here.
Good news is I am the proud new owner of a Bicycle. A real one I can ride outside in the sunshine and fresh air. I am going to get a set of side baskets so I can do my in town errands daily without climbing in the truck. I will save gas and burn my fat so that is good!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #67  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hey everybody,

I'm enjoying day one of a 4-day weekend with my dh -- we took Monday and Tuesday off, mostly to have a few days together, but also to go to a class on the weight loss surgery. I'm very close to having all the classes and consultations and such done, plus the pre-surgery goal weight. yay!

This morning, our town kicked off a 2-month walk challenge, giving away pedometers to folks who signed up. There will be a bunch of guided walks and an awards thing and such. The community goal = a couple tons by late June. I love living in a small, sorta hippie, town. The mayor even led a walk -- I liked the route so much I'll have to use it more often!

Of course, though, the best part of the day was taking a nap with the dh. I was tuckered out.

Have a great weekend

oo! pugs! My two have lots of names, depending on how they're behaving in any given moment, but my favorites are Pugzilla and Pugzookie.

Last edited by shimmers; 04-25-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 364/363/200

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennlovesnorcal View Post
Ya know, Ratkity, I'm a firm believer in cosmic twins, so I would not EVEN be suprised if Jenny has 2 pugs and loves Starbucks and sushi!
OOOHHH!!! Pug people!! I am owned by two handsome pug boys. My boys are my bane and my gift. Love my puggy boys.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Pugs?? Someone has pugs??? (I didn't read closely enough...)

I have 2 lovely pug-boys: Othello (who is 9) and Hamlet (who is 4).
Another puggy person! I also have two boys, both 5. Agee and Shamsky - named for Mets players.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmers View Post
oo! pugs! My two have lots of names, depending on how they're behaving in any given moment, but my favorites are Pugzilla and Pugzookie.
Wow, another puggy person! This place is lousy with us!

Hmmm had best say something sort of related to the purpose we are all here eh? I once again made it through a day at work not eating any of the food at work, just what I brought with me. Woot.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #71  

Oh, this is the chat thread -- we can talk about pugs all we like!

I would go along with our pugs being our bane and our gift. We adore them to pieces, but it's made it EVER so much harder to travel -- esp with some of their health issues.

I just love it when I come home and Othello -- the older pug -- trots up to greet me with a stuffed toy in his mouth!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #72  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Red face Sorry Really Long Post!

Pennie – You are doing wonderful. Each day is a success! Your words could have come out of my mouth. I allow so many things sabotage me. Thanks for sharing and reminding me that I am not alone! We all struggle and need each other. That’s why we are here! Yep I believe that food is capable of becoming an addiction. For me it is no different than the high people get from drugs, gambling, smoking, risky behaviour etc. Each one fills a void that a person craves. I choose to remind myself each day that food does not solve my problems and that I really don’t feel any better after eating it. The only time I feel better is during the consumption. But even that is not working anymore because I am feeling guilty for eating bad stuff and not taking better care of myself. I find my binges are getting shorter and less quantity.

Annie – I should look around for one. I would love to lounge while camping, reading sipping water and wearing my iPod to block out the kids fighting! How did your voc rehab appt go? And as for saving for the surgery, Hmmm check out some frugal living websites. I take whatever money I save and put it into a lock box. For example if it costs $8 for laundry soap and I can save on coupons or by making my own I take the difference and stash it! Assuming of course the difference is there LOL. Sometimes we are so broke the difference isn’t there. But he that’s life! I have been able to save several grand doing that. I am looking into some Lasik eye surgery and I love walking in too places and paying all cash up front. Great feeling of success!

Jacquie – Great job on the exercising your tushy off! I have started counting my steps again. And parking the car this week and biking the kids back and forth to school has got me biking 6km a day now! I have a hard time wanting salad every day. But I keep trying to find new ingredients (not dressings tho) to put on it. Keep up with the baby steps. Have you read the eat clean diet by Tosca Reno? Lots of awesome ideas! Spring cleaning apartments! I am in the middle of that too! I have a grocery cart in the kitchen full of stuff to LEAVE the premises. I can’t handle the clutter too. I also find the older I get the less worried I am about not being able to have funds for something. For the most part the only things we need to buy are groceries and clothes for the kids as they won’t stop growing. Everything else is just getting in the way. Like why do I need 3 roasting pans? Only one will fit in the oven at a time! lol

Debbie – Yeah for Avon. I love the gift wear. I am trying the shampoo next order. The skin care line I find confusing. So I will stick with Mary Kay for that it’s so simple. Did you know you can (in Canada don’t know about states) email catalogue links to people?

Catherine – Sorry to hear about your aqua instructor being ill. Prayers for her healing. Glad to know you are safe. Praying that you and hubby are coping. I agree with Rat about the window shopping therapy. Take a stroll thru your fave mall. DH just got a GPS for Father’s day and his birthday which is in July yes its early and my birthday come first and so does mother’s day but hey I am the mature one with patience LOL. He is having lots of fun! Congrats on the awesome grades!

Sharon – Glad your family is feeling better. Whoohoo on the loose jeans!

Welcome Back Torister. Great job on dropping the 51 lbs. I am pleasantly envious!

DCHound – Same for you I am pleasantly envious of your progress. Both your successes keep me motivated

NorCal Jen – Welcome! Glad you have come to join us!

Cyn – How is the healing coming along? You are also in my prayers.

Zelma – Continued prayers for your brother. I wanted to let you know that I re-read your website documenting your journey. It really does help keep me on track! Thanks!

Jennlovesnorcal – Welcome to you also! I look forward to getting to know you and NorCal Jenn!

Angie – Just keep the pity party short and sweet! You are doing such a wonderful job!

Debi – I miss dmpls too! Hope she is ok. Hows your garden doing? Would love to see some pics of you at work.

Ratkitten
– We have been chasing squirrels this week! The kids love using their imaginations to create their own adventures when bike riding. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kayley – You are in the final stretch keep up the good work! You can do it!

Shimmers – I know what you mean about not having much time. DS#2 woke up with chicken pox this morning. DD had them 1.5 weeks ago. So here we are on round 2. And this morning I told DH that he could take the others to church while I stay home with Jacob. Got some organizing done and this really long post. Great job on releasing another 2 lbs! Enjoy your days off!

Carol
– Looking forward to hearing about your walk!

Erinkman1 - You are doing a great job! I love the Y and aquafit! Get a great instructor with awesome music it feels more like a pool party!

Welcome Back Toni! Maybe since so many of us are biking we could have a bikers thread and we can record how many miles we ride this summer!

I don’t have a pug but we have the sweetest little beagle. DS has chicken pox, I have been cleaning and purging again. Seems endless. Had some head butting with DH but did not let it get me off track. And stuck to the meal plan. Muffler is hanging off the van right now so that means off to the shop sometime this week. But not in a real rush since we are all cycle mobile! Working on planning my balcony garden. Looking forward to some lettuce, herbs and tomatoes. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by JuliaDH; 04-26-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Thank you for all the wonderful responses to my post about food addiction. It really helps to hear other people's experiences. I no longer feel so hopeless about it. I have made progress in the past when I was mentally in a better place. I think when I get some new momentum behind me when I start to lose then I start to hit my stride. The positive feelings about losing weight counteracts the cravings to binge. Last night, I got out some of my OA materials and that helped a bunch. I need for now to have a zero tolerance policy towards food that I want to binge on. My diet is going to be pretty boring but I hope that it will help me stop obsessing about food.

Do y'all plan out all your meals ahead of time? I think I really need to do this.

Again, a big thank to all the great people on this thread!
Pennie

PS. I don't have pugs but I do have a sweet little white poodle mix named Fiona.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #74  

CatWuv-- I do indeed plan out most of my food -- when I stay on plan. Sometimes I can not plan and have everything be okay. But usually, not planning = off plan.

For me, planning doesn't mean that I know every meal I will eat for the week, but it does mean that I have all the food I need to create healthy meals all week.

For example, for the coming week, I have all the food I need for healthy breakfasts, lunches and all my snacks. I know what's for dinner tonight, and Tuesday will be tonight's leftovers. Tomorrow night is dinner out with a friend (that could be a minefield...).

That leaves Wed and Thursday night. I have stuff for a salad one night. For the other night it will either be an easy pasta meal or an egg meal or a sandwich. Any of those last options would be food that won't go bad if I don't eat them.

For me, it's planning AND flexibility...
Old 04-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #75  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

It is so lovely to come on here and read about everyone's lives. It is as though I know you all personally and have to see that you are doing OK. I am finding that it is a nice relief from worrying about my brother.

The latest news is that there is a "DEADLY antibiotic-resistant superbug" on his ward and they are currently in lock-down. They have said that for a week there will be no new patients or any releases. They have been sterilising everything on the ward for days now and Daryl was moved to a new room that had already been 'done'. We are still allowed to visit, and we just have to do the usual hand sterilisation, so hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds. It really wasn't what we needed. Of all the wards for it to be on, it is on the cancer ward, where most people have little or no immunity.

Daryl would have finished his last bag of this round of chemo late last night, so I can't wait to see him today. He was SO looking forward to moving around without something attached to him. Mind you, he could still be facing some interesting side effects this week, so we'll just have to wait and see. He has been told that he has a mid-level leukemia, and will probably need three months of treatment, on and off. We are all going to have to learn to be VERY patient I think.

His four siblings have had our blood tests to see if any of us are suitable donors for a transplant, but I don't know how long it takes for those results. They originally said that this would be a final resort, but are now looking at doing it anyway if they can, as it will help in not getting a relapse of the leukemia.

It is all a waiting game at the moment, but it is certainly a relief to know that people are thinking of us. I am back at work tomorrow after having over two weeks off. I will miss seeing him in the mornings and most of the day, but we still see him each day. I am going to take the train into the city every afternoon after school, then Neil will drive in after his work finishes and we will chat with Daryl for a while then have dinner with Rosalie (SIL). Hopefully this will work out well.

I am working on ideas to keep 'sterilised' at school. Kids have a LOT of bugs that they want to share! I think I will mainly have to keep my hands clean, so I am picking up a LARGE container of the same cleanser that they use at the hospital. Fingers crossed that I don't pick up anything for a few months, so I can still keep visiting Daryl.

Thank you all again for your lovely thoughts and prayers.

Take care,

Zelma

Last edited by ZedAus; 04-26-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Closed Thread