Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Annie - HUGS...hang in there. Is there any chance you can argue the decision because of medical reasons? Also are there payment plans or some sort of financing at the surgery itself? Your new pic looks amazing and you are an amazing person! Hang in there and *HUGS HUGS HUGS*

Cyn - I hope your day at work went well and you are better. *hugs*

Shimmers - *HUGS* I know it is tough when you feel like the world is closing in on you! I hope things are better for you this week.

Pennie - *HUGS* I think we all have those feelings about our bodies. We are all beautiful people, I truly believe that, inside and out. It is hard for me to say that as I struggle with my outward appearance too. Seeing myself is a mirror can be hard for me for two reasons. The first, I seem to focus on everything that I find wrong or disgusting about myself. The second being that I let that merge with my inner self and judge myself. It isn't healthy and now I am learning how to look in the mirror and say something positive about myself. I do look at myself differently than I did when I was 340+ pound, but I still am learning. *HUGS* You're a beautiful person inside and out!

Well I'm all tuckered out. I exercised my tushy off yesterday. Today I'm taking it a bit easy so I can focus on a few things like "me time," house cleaning, and some work I need to do. Tomorrow I am going to do my morning walk and my exercise routine. OUCH! Gonna be sore!

I didn't do that great with eating yesterday. My problem is POOR PLANNING! I need to learn how to plan my meals especially with the raw food diet. I mean who wants to have salad every day, so I'm going to take the time this week to L E A R N how to do this. I know I won't be perfect, but I do believe that planning will solve many of my diet issues. The problem was yesterday I didn't eat enough during the day and overate at night. So, today I'm going to try to fill myself up and ween myself off of soy products. Staying vegan, but I don't want to eat processed foods anymore.

Baby steps....

I hope everyone is well! *HUGS*
Old 04-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Thanks to everyone for your sweet comments. My insurance will pay for what is called a panectomy but, I have so much loose skin that a panectomy won't touch what I truly need to get rid of it. Oh well, I have decided to concentrate on getting to goal and also.... da da dum, back to job searching or school immediately.

Shimmers: My sister in law has Kaiser and they did pay for her breast reduction because she was a KKK size before she lost weight and then she had all that skin.

Luan: Thanks sweetie.

Jacquie: Thanks. I think making a plan is such a great idea. Hang in there and get it done doll.

Well, I am back down to my tracker weight this morning. Yea for lifting weights and cardi kicking in. lol. I am hoping to go for a bike ride outside today. It is beautiful and I need to call my Vocational Rehab counselor and try to make an appt. I will run the vacuum in my very clean house except for the dog hair on the carpets and then, free until this evening's meeting at 5:30 with the weight loss support group.

I hope that you are all planning to have an active and productive day. Hugs to you all and thank you so ooooooo much for your continual support. I don't know what I would do without you all.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 04-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie, sorry about the doctor. I'm sure something will come up to help you with the skin issues. Now that I see you in your hammock, I want one more than ever!!

I'm still doing pretty good even if the scale only goes down one pound a week. It's better than nothing. I just can't believe I gained some of the weight back and now have to fight to get it off again.

I've become an Avon sales rep. I've sent out over 50 post cards and put papers up in the stores and laudromats around town. It's funny because right now at our local grocery store, they are having a contest and when you win, they take a pic of you and the women on there don't wear a bit of makeup. I have a feeling I got into the wrong field!!! One thing that is great about Avon now, is that you can have a website that people can order from, even those who are out of state and it can be delivered to your home. I remember in the old days you had to have parties and go door to door. How times have changed!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Debbie
Old 04-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #19  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I just got back from the pool. When I came in and saw we had substitute instructor, I was very aggravated. The sub was young and perky, and seemed to just want to do weird things to show off how great her leg muscles looked. Our regular is great. She used to be close to 300 lbs. and lost it by water aerobics, I always got a great workout, which I didn't today, and she did such good warm ups and cool downs, that I never hurt anything. Today I came home with a cramp, and a sore knee and shoulder.

After all that complaining, I found out why we had a sub. Our regular instructor was diagnoses with cancer yesterday. She has brain tumors that have spread to her lungs. They don't have a prognosis yet, but once it starts spreading around like that, it doesn't sound good. Puts a bad work out into perspective really quick.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Annie, SO sorry about the insurance, can't you appeal?xxxxxxx
Debbie..oooh maybe those ladies need an Avon rep! I used to do it door to door about 17 years ago, great way to meet new people, get exercise & earn money. I never made tons but it bought all the birthday & Chrismas pressies (rep's brochure=very cheap stuff+discount) & all my toiletries, face creams & smellies. Good luck with it. xxxxxxx
Catherine, sorry about the teacher, I hope she doesn't suffer.xxxxx
I'm FINALLY feeling better, my youngest is back at school, I SHOULD have lost lots of weight, I've been living on water for two days. My tummy is feeling so much better & I'll be having a protein shake in a mo (Annie I don't know how I managed without them!!). I'm in some new jeans (size 18-UK) they are LOOSE!! I know they are VERY generously sized as I wore my other 18's yesterday & they were TIGHT around my tummy. Still it feels great!!!!lol The weather is lovely here, sun, sun & sun. I feel glad to be alive (amazing what a few days being ill does to your mood)
xxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 04-22-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all...remember me?

Some of you might and others not at all I am sure. I haven't been here in eons posting, but lately I have been here daily reading this thread as I have always gotten so much from it.

Long story short...I hit a rough patch in the fall of 2007 and was frustrated with my lack of losing/cravings/whatever (a lot had to do with my hypothyroid and not being properly medicated for it I found out..but not ALL....it didn't force me to eat so poorly) and reverted to my old ways and ate my way back up to 329 lbs!!

For whatever reason, I decided to give it another go last November (the week before Thanksgiving no less!) and committed to trying Atkins for the Induction period. Well, that was 5 months ago and I have taken off 51 of the lbs I put on and I am going to the gym daily (5:00 AM when they open!) and using the treadmill and weight training. Something that I did not really incorporate into my getting healthy plan previously.

Anyway...I am here and figured it was about time I re-introduced myself.

Last edited by Torister; 04-22-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #22  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Torister, good for you!
Annie, you look amazing!

Happy Wednesday everyone. I finally posted progress pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169760 I had a great weekend at the beach with friends, many of whom I haven't seen since last year (we do this every year). I got a lot of really nice compliments, and it felt great.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Peggy, welcome back!! Glad to see your back on track and doing better than before!

DCHound, you look great! What an accomplishment!

It was suppose to rain today but the sun is out so I might be out there enjoying it while it last!
have a great day ladies!
Debbie
Old 04-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #24  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I slept so hard last night, that I practically feel hungover this morning. Kind of scared me because that is how I sleep when depressed, and I can get chemically depressed at the drop of a hat. I think I'll try to get all those nagging things done around here. Kind of a spring cleaning of paperwork, and see if that helps.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning everyone,

Catherine: Hugs sweetie. I'm so sorry to hear about your instructor. I will be praying for her and her family.

Sharon: woo hoo on the size 18's being too big. Way to go. I myself will be having a protein shake in a couple of minutes. lol.

DC: Amazing pics! Thank you so much for sharing them. You are beautiful. I love your hair longer. Awesome progress.

Peggy: Hi doll. Welcome back. So glad to see you and Congrats on -51 pounds!!!! Glad to see you back.

Debbie: I loved selling Avon but unfortunately I was my best customer. lol. I wish you all of the success in the world with your business. Hugs.

To all asking if I can appeal the decision on my surgery. No I can't because they are willing to do the panectomy and it won't help much. They consider the lower body lift cosmetic which honestly it probably is even though I have tons of skin that I am carrying around that makes my back tired and when I try to sleep I have to squish the skin out icky stuff. Thanks for the suggestions though. I will have to just save, save and save to get it some day.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 04-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #26  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! I'm still finding my way around here, being new and all, but thought I would chime in with a daily update for myself.

I went out last night and finally got a scale. I have been dreading it since I was last at my doctor's and saw how heavy I had gotten. But to my surprise, I have lost 10 pounds in the last week or so! I'm feeling better and it's giving me the will power to stay on target.

Thanks to everyone around here who has offered support during my weak times. Jen.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

hi all

well i woke up this morning to a really bad draining staph infection. i am going to the dr at 130. i am scared out of my mind. will let you all know whst they say.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Torister - Welcome back! Woohooo on the progress!

Annie - I do find that unfair as a lower body lift seems more like a more in depth procedure, one that people do if they have to, but maybe I'm just not fully understanding. I wish they would reconsider, but you know in the end you'll totally get what you need done! You're amazing and a real inspiration to me.

Catherine - Sorry to hear about your instructor. I hope you are not entering a depression, thinking of you.

Jen - Welcome! Sounds like you are rocking! I love it when the scale says I'm lighter than I think I am. Yet I also hate it when it says I'm heavier than I think I am. lol

Azcyn - I hope you'll be okay. It sounds awfully painful for you. Thinking of you and

Zelma - Thinking of you...hope your brother will be okay. I hope you give us an update soon.

SPRING CLEANING! That is what I need. I'm SICK and tired of trying to fuss about in my crappy, cramped, apartment. My kitchen is literally the size of a small closet and I'm tired of it, so I'm going to organize the heck out of it so I can support myself with my journey! It is so frustrating to do anything in there that I often just want to order a salad, which costs too much, or eat cooked vegan dinners. Just sick of it lol. Small spaces, needs a cleaning, MEGA CLEANING and that is part of my little boot camp.

I think, and I'm not sure, I'm showing symptoms of my approaching TOM. However, I feel pretty good...hmmmmmm. lol. Maybe my BC pill is keeping my hormones at bay. I have had incredible breast swelling throughout this month...woosh. Still...maybe this month I'll finally get a depression/hormonal break! *hopes*

*HUGS*
Old 04-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Hi All,
I hope you don't mind my de-lurking again. I am feeling rather hopeless after watching a TV show about how addiction changes the brain chemisty and makes it near impossible to break the addiction. Do y'all believe in food addiction? I certainly do and feel powerless over the binge eating patterns that have been in effect since I was very little. Everyday I try to change and then the cravings set in and I fail. I used to feel that it was all my fault--a lack of willpower. Now, I feel that I am against a brick wall of addiction.

On the plus side, I see so many ladies on this thread who have turned things around and lost significant weight. My burning question to y'all is that if you do believe that you have a food addiction then how did you tame it?

Thanks so much for you time. I really appreciate this thread.

Pennie
Old 04-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #30  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Quote:
Do y'all believe in food addiction?
Utterly and absolutely. I am totally addicted to carbs, like an alcoholic is to booze. Once I start I can't stop. I can't do "just one bite." This is for sugar and starch both. Eating that stuff makes me feel very very sick, and it makes me gain weight. I gained on an 800 calorie a day doctor-prescribed diet, because it was almost 100% carb.

I know many people can lose weight on diets that include carb, either (so-called, by some) "good" (whole wheat, fruits, starchy vegetables, legumes) carbs or "bad" carbs (cake, pie, fries, yummy stuff). I am not one of them.

Hello my name is DC Hound and I am a carbohydrate addict.

Atkins is the only thing that could break the cycle of addiction for me, so I'll be on some version of it for the rest of my life. I feel like a completely different person now that I'm not obsessing about carbs anymore. Atkins tamed it for me.

Last edited by DCHound; 04-22-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Closed Thread