Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #91  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I'm working Sat & Sun this week. Not one lousy day away from the candy jar. But today everyone that was working is sick, recovering from colds, stomach flu, and they're all contagious as all get out! And they're all clinking the M&M jar! This is the first time we've had candy in there that's not wrapped, and I'll tell ya what - no WAY I'm gonna touch one of those germy things! But I still keep hearing the clink, seeing the colors, thinking of chocolate.

Still OP tho - and LOVING my scale in the morning. I know this is the first few days that include water loss and everything, but I just keep thinking 'Man! If I could keep losing at this rate, I'd disappear standing sideways in 3 months, and I'd be VAPOR by my birthday!

SHARON, Nah, I haven't ridden since I hurt my ankle, and it's getting to a point that I'm going crazy about it. I really want to ride again, but I don't even have time to breath this month. I barely see the boys lately, much less actually ride. My ankle is almost better though. I can hardly wait until February when things slow down at work, the ankle should be stronger, a little more weight will be off, and the sun will be shining a little later.

HI LUAN! You were posting while I was typing!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 01-03-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #92  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Val! you totally made me think of a Gilmore Girls moment where Lorelai tells Rory not to eat the free mints because they are pee mints. people dont wash thier hands and then grab the mints. its why i wont even eat wrapped candy out of someone elses bowl. lol
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #93  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hi there everyone. Just checking in. Today was a rough day. Tomorrow will be better.
Sharon, will you please shoot me an email? I seem to have lost your email address.
Val, I know someone else said it, but just remember, all those m&m's are contaminated with nasty germs. YUCK!
Take care everyone. I'm off to drink more water to help flush out the bad stuff I had today.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone. I am officially in love with my calves. They have so much definition from all these months on my exercise bike. I can see the definition even through all the fat. Yep, I'm in love. :-) I can't stop flexing my foot this way and that to see all the muscles move. Yeah, I'm even doing this in front of the mirror!!! ROFL There is no danger of me being within my normal weight and being 50% fat - I love the results of exercise too much. LOL

Rode my bike for 90 minutes today - I do 90 on Saturday. I was tired the last 15 minutes but it wasn't as hard as it was a month ago. I even bumped the resistance up one notch. I am thinking I will have to do more to challenge myself more on Saturdays. Haven't figured out what that is yet.

Are you all moving? If so, what are you doing?

Last edited by NuevaVida; 01-04-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Sandy I emailed you, hope things look better in the morning.xxxxxxxx
Well I posted my weight on BLC thread, though as I get 'officially' weighed at my slimming club on Thursday my ticker weight and BLC will be a bit different. (I weigh at home in joggers first thing in the morning & at club in jeans around 11am)
It was a nice suprise to see my weight has actually dropped a couple of pounds, it will be even better once I'm up to exercising.
Mimi, yes it's great to see our bodies changing, I have an exercise bike & SHOULD be using it, rther than using it as a clothes hanger!!!! What do you do to keep the bredom aay, watch tv, play music? Any tips would be appreciated.xxxxxx
Annie I hope you're feeling a bit better, this time of year is so tiring.xxxxxxx
Valerie, oh dear, you must be so upset missing your 'guys' & not being able to ride. Do you have to work week-ends too? How's SB going?xxxxxxxx
Carol, Debbi, Debbie, Zelma, Beth, AMMI How are you all?
xxxxxxxsharon
Old 01-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #96  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Fellow chicks

I am afraid yesterday was so busy that I had time for nothing leisurely like typing posts on the INTERNET. I did a walk with my DH he dropped me off at a café and he continued to walk as it is to far for me. I drank a coffee and had my head in a book . From there we walked back home and straight in and made wholemeal toast and jam with a banana for after. Then straight out the house and off to the wholesalers to buy some of their bargains of the week. From there went to a catalogue shop where you browse the catalogue order your goods and then wait for them to be brought down from the warehouse. I bought an electric under blanket due to really feeling the cold now to the point of it hurting me. Needless to say this was all exercise walking around these shops. My legs were dropping off. We arrived back home in time for a swift coffee and then started to get ready to go to friends. Arrived about about 11.30pm and it was straight off to bed for me.

The meal was wonderful that my host had cooked. Leek and potato soup (no cream or hidden nasties). Then we had new potatoes, green beans, Brussels, carrots with beef stroggonoff (made with skimmed milk lots of mushrooms, peppers and onions ) Then rounded off we had fresh fruit salad with fat free yoghurt. All I could say is the food was wonderful and she is a great cook. The only pity was I have a raging sore throat and a snuffly nose. On waking that morning. Though this morning my throat is a lot better but still got the sniffles and my chests feels tight. I think I might be going down with a dreaded cold that is going around. I am not surprised if I caught it as I have been exposed to several people with the bug (SIL, BIL,sister and numerous friends).

azcyn Glad the trip to flagstaff was really nice and you had some good times. Nice that you have vowed to change by next year and will be going down in the inner tube with the best of them.

ToniLight Wow what a difference the hair cut has made to you it has taken years off you and you look wonderful. What are TOP meetings? I am not familiar with those.

Debbie54 Good NSV I say a good workout pushing those around the supermarket. Yes staying on plan is so hard to do. None of the food is illegal it is every where you turn and it draws you to it just as much as a cigarette does. I know from both sides of the fence as I was a smoker up until 2001 when I quit with the aid of a group called green leaf. They kept me on the straight and narrow with the weekly test to see if any nicotine was in your body. Anything below 11 is OK that is just normal pollutants that we all pick up. Though anything above it meant you had been smoking I did not want to be the one caught by the machine. So it kept me where I needed to be but it was so hard to give up especially for the first 6 weeks.

You use a different blood sugar level to the UK fast blood sugar level here is between 4 and 7 so as you see it does not correspond at all. Will try and fathom it out one day by looking on the internet to get me up to speed with the system used else where. My father is diabetic also and unfortunately now he has got to start on insulin injections one per day. He has been diabetic for years so I suppose he has done well to go as long as he has. Good luck for being on plan and starting the wii fit in earnest.

dgramie Gosh you have been working hard doing the runners and exercising. I like you feel good once I have exercise it is getting it done sometimes that is the problem 5lbs that is excellent your hard work is paying dividend. Will be interesting to see what the end of the week brings looking forward to hearing the results.

NoLifeWithoutHorses Gosh I have never thought that about food but it is so true it is like having a meal but not all of it. One thing that helped when I was a smoker and giving up was to think of myself as an addict. My addiction was to nicotine. My addiction now is to food which is a much harder one to control as you stay you have to eat to live! I try to eat healthy as I possibly can even though I do not always achieve it. Plus watch my portion sizes I tend to be very heavy handed when it comes to certain things especially ones I like.

sandybar Sorry you went over a tad in your daily intake of calories. Maybe you could do a extra workout or trim 50 calories off the rest of the weeks calories to counteract this little slip. I know I have done this when I have gone over.

RealCdn I see you have green fingers when it comes to plants me I only have to look at a plant and it keels over and dies I wish I was more like you. Both my parents have this talent and my sister come to that but it seems to have passed me by

princesspuffypants Your welcome I am looking forward to getting to know you a wee bit better over the coming weeks and months

gggirls Yes I think you will love the wii fit everyone I know who has spoke about it have not been negative about it only positive. I have had a little go on one at my nieces and I loved it. I may not be able to do all the activities but I can do quite a few and good for people with limited mobility.

voodoo1 Sorry to hear that you have been poorly with a bug I hope you .

keeperofthehome4 on the 5.2lbs weight loss that is excellent.

Americaninuk Like you I am hoping that the biggest loser challenge me into more positive choices. For me it is so easy to slip back to my old ways if I do not keep myself in check.

NuevaVida It is showing that your hard work on the exercise bike is coming to fruition. It is great to see something for your hard work as great NSV to mark up.

No more news for now so over and out as they say. Take care all and see you all again soon.

purpleorc
Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #97  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

PurpleOrc,
TOPS stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a weight loss support group organization that is non profit. Sort of like Weight Watchers without the big fees and hype. We have State Recognition Days, International meetings, Fall rally. Get togethers to recognize those who are doing well and those who are struggling also. I think they are International as well, not too sure though. If you google " Tops weight loss" you will find a main web site with tons of info.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #98  

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,
I thought i would post a quick note while waiting for time to leave for church. Ever have one of those days where you feel thin until you get dressed and look in the mirror?/ I am just not really happy with the way my dressy clothes are fitting. I think its time for new undergarments. fun fun the joys of shopping for those!!!
I didnt get alot accomplished yesterday but today is a new day and i have to get organized before i start back with the kids tommorow.
hugs and drink your water
Old 01-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies...I've had such a run of bad luck the past two months. Over Christmas everyone was sick with the cold/flu and I thought I had avoided it, but nooooo lol. I've been sick since Thursday and am just now able to get up and not been "out of it."

I haven't been eating that well either. One of those things where I am disappointed in getting sick again and having yet another thing to deal with. It is just when I'm excited and ready to get rolling I seem to get sacked with something and it is like a wall to punch through. So, I'm frustrated and feel like I'm just in a run of bad luck!

Funny thing is, I haven't gained any weight. So, there ya go...

See ya'll next week. Hope you all are well!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #100  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and had fun on New Year's Eve! I'm sorry that I haven't been online for a while. It was Christmas so I was too busy to come online then I went to stay down my father's for a week. There was problems with the Internet connection there so I couldn't get online.

I am very nervous to say that I'm going to start dieting TOMORROW! I'm worried because I am very prone to headaches if I don't have enough sugar so that's not going to be good if I have to cut out a large amount of sugar in my diet. It's going to be hard in school because I'm taking English literature and Religious Studies so I have a lot of reading involved and although I try to drink 2 litres of water a day, I still NEED sugar. I don't want to end up with a headache everyday when I am dieting.

Sharon
I will let mam know that you liked the bracelet from her. I hope you had a great Christmas, even though you were feeling unwell!

Sorry if I have missed anyone else!
Beth
xx
Old 01-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #101  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Morning everyone.
Well, I logged into blc with today's weight. I think it's gonna be fun to participate in this little challenge.
I'm feeling a bit better emotionally today. (thanks sharon)

Purpleorc Thanks for the thought of shaving off the 50 calories per day for this week. It's brilliant. I've never thought of doing that. And 50 calories won't be too many to even miss. Thank you! The dinner you had at your friends' sounded wonderful. Next time I go to the grocery I'll have to stock up on root vegetables to roast. I do love them, and they're so healthy too.
I don't know why I don't remember them more often.
I'm out of here for now. I want to actually get something accomplished today. DD and I were out all day shopping and eating naughty foods. We were never able to find the right store where her christmas shoes came from. She'll have to wait and grow into them I suppose.
Have a good day everyone.
Today's goal. Get laundry ALL done and drink 96 0Z OF WATER!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Re shaving off a few calories a day ... I gained a bunch of weight back this year. Not from binging, but eating an extra probably 200 calories a day! Just think, that's 6000 calories a month -- nearly 2 pounds!!

That's how you gain back 20+ pounds a year.

So -- it figures that shaving off even a little could really add up too!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

My back was giving me fits all weekend so I just sat with heat and ice off and on and I'm feeling much better today.

Carol: Yipeee for the Wii Fitt. I really love mine.

Luan: Welcome back hon. Any trips planned to my area? Let me know so I can come meet you for lunch or just a hug.

Sandy: So glad that you put the candy back when you were at the grocery store. Way to go!

Debi: great job getting all of your things cut out. I'm impressed.

Purple: Woo hoo for a size small! You must be so excited.

Cyn: I'm glad that you had a fun snow day. I wanna go play in the snow now. DH won't let me because of my back. Wahhhh!

Toni: I love, love your new hair cut. You are so beautiful.

Debbie: Have fun on the Wii Fit. It is weird when something happens that you think is big news and it is no where to be seen in the media. lol.

Val: I'm so proud of you for being a chocolate virgin! Stay pure!

Ally: Woo hoo and congrats on the -5.2!!!

Heather: Hi there.

Anne: Hi there.

Mimi: I was cracking up about your love of leg. lol. I have experienced some of that with my shoulders and upper arms. Not the under part that is flabby but the muscle part. You are too cute.

Sharon: Congrats on your weight being down a few. Hugs.

Jacquie: So sorry that you are ill. Hugs.

Beth: Welcome back. Glad to see you. Try not to be overwhelmed with your new health program that you are starting tomorrow. Just take it one day at a time. Hugs sweetie. Tell your mom hi and big hugs to her.

Well, I hope you are all doing well. I am very happy and hopeful still. DH and I went to a different much smaller church then we have been going to. Both of us loved it! That was nice. We truly enjoyed all of it including the people that said welcome to us and noticed we were new. The other church we were going to was just too big for us. There were over 5,000 people going there. It was a lovely place but just not for us. I am looking forward to being back on track and starting to exercise again.

I unfortunately had to change my weight loss tracker up 3 pounds. I guess that is okay since at one point I was up about 7. So, I am back at 222 today and looking forward to seeing 219 again very soon and of coarse beyond.

I want to thank Debbie54 very much for starting the BLC on our thread. You are a doll.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi Peeps - glad to see the activity is good here. Last night was not good choices as I had planned. Today has been right back OP with food, water and exercise. I've even convinced DH to fix a nice stir fry for dinner tonight - he is so much better at it than I am.

Annie - yes, I'm loving the Wii fit. It was too cold to go to the park today so Wii fit and I have been good buddies along with WATP. You'll be moving that ticker down in no time.

Luan - I'll echo what Annie said - any trips to our area planned? How is your day today?

Mimi - I can't wait to see that definition - anywhere on me. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Jacquie - hope you are feeling better soon. Seems that how it goes - you think you've dodged all the germs and they sneak up on you. Please take care of yourself - you're special.

Time to move some more - hugs to you all.

Carol
Old 01-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #105  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Lost my post. Bummer.

It said: Germs still guarding the M&M's - I'm still a chocolate virgin for 2009.
TOM hit and scale was up a pound this morning for the official weigh-in to start the 300+ BL. What timing.
Might be getting new horse. Last thing I need! Will look at him Wednesday & let you know.

Bed time. Puppy (HA! He's 3) was sick last night & we didn't get much sleep.
Closed Thread