Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angie - tell me more about the BodyBugg you ordered please - I'm still in search of. You're gonna blow those 1000 minutes away.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Cyn: Have fun with your nephew. It sure is hard getting back to work after a vacation.

Melissa: Love your avatar pic. You look wonderful. Congrats on the weight lost so far. Way to go on the attitude too.

Angie: I wanna know about a bodybug too.

Carol: Hi there sweetie.

Well, the direct tv guy finally made it here. He is out there right now working on the dish. He says it is out of alignment and shouldn't be too bad to fix. He is marking where it should go with a permanent marker so Joel can fix it himself next time if it goes out. I need to get up at 2;30 tomorrow a.m. so I'm off to bed now.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 12-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #18  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Just touching base - Day two on the Beach... hardcore. When I make exceptions and "bend" the rules, they wind up shattered to smitherines. DH is being wonderfully supportive.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

I ordered the Bodybugg Version 3. It is supposed to be able to track calories in (through something similar to dialyplate) and burned. It even tracks at night (if you wear it, which I will be for a while anyway). It is the armband. Although I was looking for something more like a watch, I decided this was better for accuracy. From what I understand you can pop your goals into it and it will tell you what calories you should eat and what you need to burned daily to hit that goal. Not sure if any of you have noticed, but I am a black and white person. If there are clear directions, I can follow (generally). If I need to make it up myself....well then, not quite as easy for me. I am a person with rules, and I like to follow rules. Some may think that is sad, but it's true, and I understand it. I can work with it, or against it. I am going to try to work with it. The one thing I am really looking forward to is understanding where my metabolism is. So, that is the bodybugg in a nutshell.

Angie
Old 12-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Debi, great news on your brother. Whew, what a relief for all of you to know that he will once again be a healthy THIN guy!!! Yay for him!!!

brandnewme, YAY on getting those pounds off. You'll be in the 300s in no time!! Keep up the good work!!

Ally, I'm so glad you came out of lurker mode!! Yay for getting on SB. I hope you do really well on it and yes, this can be the year to accomplish our weight loss goals!!

Catherine, how cute....a kilt every day??? Wow!! You have such interesting people in your life, yourself included. I bet there's never a dull moment. Have fun at your party!! Don't get too wild and crazy.

Cyn, have fun at the movies! What did you go see?

Melissa, sounds like you're doing very well. Keep up the great work and it will come off!! Patience is the key.

Angie, the bodybugg sounds interesting. Is it like the things that the people on the biggest loser show wear?

Annie, have a good sleep and I'm glad the satellite is working again.

Val, Keep going!! You can do it!!

Well ladies, only a couple more days and we'll be into the BL challenge. I'm so glad that so many of us have joined. It should be fun!! Don't forget to sign up for Heather's exercise challenge too. Speaking of which, I better get myself over there.
toodles
Debbie
Old 12-30-2008, 06:16 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Val: Great job on your new program. Hugs.

Angie: I am also a black and white person. lol. I really believe for me that is freedom. If I know the rules I don't have to experiment and try other things as much. lol. Thanks for the info on the body bug. Sounds really fun/cool.

Debbie: Hi there. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Okay, it is 3:11 and time for me to get to work.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 12-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Good Morning Peeps - its just a quick fly by to say I'm thinking of each of you this morning.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to say HI..and have a OP day! I am loving the feeling of being in control again!! Scales are down another lbs today..only 3 more to go to get back to my lowest! Going to go and do my walking diet dvd before the kids get here.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies..

We went and saw Bedtime stories with Adam Sandler. It was funny. Ofcourse monday early afternoon shows must be mommy play dates so we had a row of moms and little ones sitting behind us. At first I fretted. They were very chatty but once the movie started and my nephew who is 8 could laugh as loud and chat all he wanted I was ok! Even my teenagers were ok with it! AMC theatres allow you to take food in there, so we stopped at the dollar store bought candy and pop, $7.50 for it all and free movie, not a bad afternoon.

Today is back to work for me after my looong vacation. Instead of being gloomy I tried to find something positive about it. I am saving my PTO for another wonderful time off lol. I do miss my co-workers they are great...most of the time.

ok gotta get to scooting..oh and I am taking my lunch to work! Felt great this morning to actually make it yummy!

Toodles gals
Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Thanks everyone for the welcome back.

Just a short message right now. Getting house in order and boys ready their speech and occupational therapist will be here shortly. So just checking the boards super fast. I'm so sore today I did the 8 min workout Tae Bo every muscle in my body is so sore today but that is good Well need to run.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies

Well a quick note from me. Muahahahahaha...

I'm feeling TOM symptoms which pisses me off since I feel like I just went through this. I mean this may not even produce an actual monthly, so we'll see. I'm going to the doctor this month to start that process, which is worrying me a bit, but I gotta get in there and get myself checked out. So many issues with my skin lol.

I found a bald spot on my head last night. Luckily I can cover it up, but am trying to tell myself not to get upset by it. It isn't working lol. It is the ol' Eczema haunting me on my scalp again. Just one spot that is red and inflamed, but we'll see. I'm changing my diet taking out bread, yeast, and other things to see if that is a better choice for me.

Not exercising much yet...feeling fatigued. Going to make myself go for a walk this evening to jump start myself. I want Jan to be a very "WOOOOOO" month!

*supportive hugs to everyone*
Old 12-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #27  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi fellow chicks

Still remains very cold here and no sign of the sun . Walks at the minute are far from pleasant and I have to drag myself out when it is like that. Though I have tried as much as possible to continue to walk over the holiday period. Plus go on my total body vibration machine at least once a day.

Just done my weekly grocery shopping not that I needed a lot of things mainly the fresh produces like vegetables and fruit. Went out for lunch today it was a carvery I had roast turkey (no skin) and vegetables (carrots, swede (rutabaga), Brussels and boiled new potatoes well I only had one ) Very nice food and it is reasonably priced which is another bonus.

Went this morning to a jewellers eventually after been threatening to go for weeks. This was to see if my rings could be altered. my engagement ring need altering (making smaller) by 6 sizes. Never thought it would be by that much. I know I have been wearing it on another finger in the interim so that I do not lose it. They will be back just into the new year. The price to have them altered as well was reasonable. Plus they will not touch my security markings I have had put on when I had my rings evaluated a few years back. I really thought that that may have to be redone again when they were altered. I am so pleased that I do not have to have it done again.

I am now back to eating clean after a few little treats over the last few days. I have cooked healthy meals and desserts. Though I have had a few naughties in between which certainly was not on the plan . I know the first few days are going to be difficult whilst your body detoxes from rubbish. Though after that it will not be so bad.

My parents have gone home and we have returned home after a day of being away from our home. It seems quiet in the house now my parents have gone kind of empty. It will take me a few days to get use to it again. I need a few days also to recuperate I have over done it for the past few days. I am certainly feeling it now especially as my oxygen therapy is not available for two weeks. I will get increasingly tired and have fatigue. It is the hardest symptom I think to cope with.

My dog Rizzie is exhausted he does not know when to stop he has been playing no stop since mum and dad is here. The trouble is like the rest of us he is getting no younger. He is ten next month. I suspect he has mild arthritis and if he does too much exercise he is limping. He is recovered by morning with a good nights sleep. He is getting quite miffed (annoyed) when my DH goes for his 3 mile walk in the morning and he does not go with him. He is a real mans dog not that he is nasty to women but prefers men to women. So I have a miserable dog for 50 minutes as DH does his daily exercise. He goes on a smaller walk with me later when I am able to manage the walk as well with DH help.

Time to go and make a cuppa I hope I am not coming down with anything I just can't seem to get warm today Bye fellow chicks hope to be able to post properly tomorrow when I am having more time to do so.

purpleorc
Old 12-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #28  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi! Happy New Year Friends!

Hope you had a nice Christmas! I think of you all often!

Hugs~
jeanne
Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Just reading how many of us are a black and white people. I wonder if that has something to do with how we got so heavy? It seems we are perfectionist and if we can't accomplish the things that we set our minds to do, we feel like a failure and then compensate by eating. Just wondering.

Annie, doing good here. You take extra care and time traveling in all that snow back and forth to work.

Debi, glad to hear the pounds are coming off again.

Hi Carol, Cyn, Ally, Jacquie, Purple, Jeanne!

Gotta get busy making beads again. I've taken so much time off from doing them and the jewelry. Can't make money if I'm not being creative so I hope all of you have a great day!!

Debbie
Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #30  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Debbie,
I know I am a perfectionist. If I can't do it perfectly perfect, I know I can do a perfectly shi**y job, so have opted for that many times in my life. I think perfectionism is a thing to get over, I have been working on that for a while now as I do know I will never be perfect and have never known a perfect person in my whole life. Why should I feel the need to be perfect if no one else is?
Closed Thread