Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #1  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default 300 + Weekly Thread # 1191

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!

Last edited by RealCdn; 12-29-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

GREAT NEWS!!! My brother is going home today!! His kidneys are showing slight improvements and they expect them to continue to improve. He is unable to walk without use of a walker..but hey we can deal with that! Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers during the past month. It has meant so much to me to know yall care!! He will be getting his dailysis daily still and also alot of physical therapy. He is going to go and stay at moms so he is in town and not out in the country where he lives. I am so excited!!

Scales are down 1lbs today. I am still up 4. I have been exercising daily for 3 days and im sore..but it feels so good to be sore again. Eating has been great for 2 days now. I feel empowered again!!!

sprinkles on everyone
Old 12-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #3  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

I'm off to work, but I wanted to say WOOHOO for Debi's brother! That's awesome. I'm so glad he is doing better!

Also had my WI this morning. Down to 404.2 from 410! I know there is still some water retention, as my fingers are swollen on one hand, and my ankle is swollen on the other side. Hopefully with more water today and tomorrow, it will go away.

Have a great OP day ladies!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie -- That's great news!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #5  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Dgramie Congrats on your brother going home! That's a great way to start the week.

Brandnewme Hello! Congrats on a good weigh-in! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone a former member is coming out of being a lurker and back on the wagon. I'm Ally and started back today on South Beach weighted in yesterday yucky but that's ok it's coming off for good.

dgramie : Congrates on 1lb loss.

brandnewme ~ Have a good day at work. Wonderful weight loss this week.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #7  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all,

I'm back on the wagon myself as of yesterday. I used the holidays as a bit of an excuse to eat badly a couple of days last week. Although I know the damage will be minimal overall, I don't want to go back to old habits. I know from past experience that I can regain quickly.

Debi -
so glad to hear about your brother. I think sometimes that people underplay the risks of weight loss surgery. I do understand that sometimes it's the only option for people, but the side effects can be major. I'm glad to hear that he's getting out of the hospital since people often recover better at home. I wish him the best.

Brandnewme - congrats on the loss. I dropped a little water weight (and food probably) overnight, and that always makes me feel better. I know from the water retention side I never feel swollen, but I see other signs. Here's hoping that the rest of your swelling resolves itself soon.

Ally - welcome back. I tend to be more of a lurker lately, but the ladies here are wonderful at supporting people through their journeys.

Well, I'm off to continue my slightly obsessive chores that I assigned myself during my school break. I've roasted meat, smoked turkeys, and made a lot of soup. Basically this will be lunches in the freezer for my mother and myself for the term. Yes, I did enough to keep us going for the term. It wasn't so bad until my mother decided to stop eating the processed stuff we were buying at Costco. Part of it was money (too expensive), but part of it was getting away from as much processed stuff with additives as we could.

I also made meatloaf and chili (will freeze the rest of it today). I'm taking a day off, but the next task will be to stew some beef I bought on sale a while back (cut and froze it). And if I have enough jars I'll use up the frozen rhubarb and make rhubarb ginger marmalade for my mother. That will likely be the cooking chores completely done.

Time to start some seeds for the garden, and I've found another obsessive little task - tidying up. I always feel that I'm moving stuff from point A to point B. I want to put away books that I've been storing in dresser drawers, but the bookcases are full. So, I'm scanning old recipes, and will toss (at a minimum) the looseleaf binders on the shelves. I can then maybe move my books to the bookcase, and rearrange the dressers. I've still got two weeks before school starts again, so we'll see how far I get on this...

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Anne_ i got my seed packs out yesterday and looked at them. We usually plant around may 1 in the ground so i will try putting some seeds in soil in a few weeks. Im so ready for spring!!! I had eggbeaters for breakfast with bellpeppers i had froze from my garden. I cant wait to have real ones again.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Sandy: Please don't feel ashamed or embarassed. WE are all in the same boat here and just continue to get back on this horse. Hugs.

Debi: I am so happy about your brother. Thank God! Congrats on the scales down too.

Becca: Woo hooo on loosing 6 pounds! Way to go!

Ally: Welcome back or, welcome out of lurkdome. lol. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Anne: Sounds like you have your hands full with chores. Don't over do it.

Well, time to go sit with some heat. I think I am going to check out the Jillian Michael's DVD finally.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #10  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Debbie-great news about your brother.

Annie-There has been a bit of a thaw with my MIL. I arranged for my FIL to fill out paperwork to receive a military pension from the British government. He actually fractured his back while serving during Korea, and never received any compensation. It coincided with a major reduction in his college pension because of the recent unpleasantness. I guess she thinks I'm not the worst woman her baby boy could have married. I think she liked the hood/scarf thing I made her for Christmas. Although she isn't the one wearing it. My FIL is. It was reversible with a tartan on one side, and he wears that side out. He does wear a kilt everyday, even in winter, so I guess I should have expected that.

Today is a cleaning day to get ready for New Year's party. I married such a party animal.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Catherine: I am really glad that your MIL is "coming around" so to speak. Your FIL sounds like a real character. Don't work too hard on cleaning for all that company. I really want to go out for New Years. It would be the first time in our 23 years of marriage to go out dancing or something. It all depends on the weather. We are getting dumped on again. I just cleaned a bit of the sidewalk and front walkway area and it is already covered again. It is so slick too because on top of the 5 feet of snow we got rain which made everything all icy today.

I got my hall bathroom or front bathroom cleaned which was my one big chore for today so I feel happy. I have taken all of the pictures off the computer from 2008 and saved them on discs so they will be safe and to start over. The Direct Tv guy is supposed to be here any minute because our satellite isn't working even when there is no snow. I feel bad for him to have to work out in that stuff.

Okay, see ya later if I have time before my early bedtime tonight.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

hi ladies...

dgramie: I am soooo happy about the good news on your brother. All smiles here lady!

Ally: A familiar face!!! Welcome back!

Brandnewme: wonderful weight loss!!! You go girl!

Today is my last day off before I go back to work. (sigh) I have had a great time off though. BUT we are off Thursday so it is a short return.

Today I am watching my nephew who is 8. He is also staying the night. He is on Christmas break and my sister has no time off so he is here with us a few days. He is Mr Funny I swear! This morning I was reading posts online and he asked what I was doing. I said reading letters from my online friends. I said Zander they are my weight loss friends. He looks at me and says those are good friends to have. I said weight loss friends? He said no...computer friends. I said why is that, He says because They are always on if your computer is on. LOL kids I tell ya.

We are heading out to see another "free" movie lol Perks are so great! I think we are seeing bedtime stories!

Toodles ladies...
Old 12-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #13  

Hi Ladies! Hope you all had a wonderful time over the holidays. My weight loss had slowed down alot this 2nd 1/2 of my 6 weeks on plan, about 1/2 the weight loss of my first half, which is bumming me out, but if all I'm going to lose each week is 1.4-1.8 pounds then you know what, I'll take it! I have to learn to not be so picky, we all can't be one of those luckly super hard workers who drop 3-5 pounds every week like clockwork right? Well I'm sure not, lol. My calorie haven't gone over 2000 since I started so I am doing good in that area, I need to step up my activity though, but the only thing I like doing is walking outdoors, and right now we have 2 feet of snow, lol! So...not gonna happen right now. I was OP throughout the holidays, on Christmas day my calories were under 1700! I was very proud of myself. I measure, or rather I should say, I weigh everything I eat, and it keeps me on track with portion control. I haven't overeaten or anything either, so, feeling good with my progress so far. Overall I've lost 15.4lbs since I started 1 month and 1 week ago. My starting goal is to get under 250, so I will keep doing this, no matter how much I lose each week.
Well if anyone got through reading this whole post I thank you for putting up with me, lol. Today I felt like sharing an update, so, there ya have it.

I hope all of you are well!

~Melissa
Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #14  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Melissa Great Job! Losing 15.4 pounds in 5 weeks is pretty good! Just think how big a 10 pound bag of potatoes is plus half of another. Or, three 5 pound bags. Pretty great wouldn't you say? Keep up the good work!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

I took a nice walk in the 60 degree weather. It is sunny and beautiful!! I was able to get most of my tasks for the day done, so I am feeling pretty accomplished. And Claudia (my cat) is quite happy to have a clean litter box and I scoured the entire mud room.

And....I bought a BODYBUGG (woohoo). It is my birthday present (which is in January). I asked DH if he would get it for me and he said yes....so I ordered it now. Can't wait to get it!!! Maybe next week.

Not to much to offer at this point. Talk to you all later.

Angie
Closed Thread