Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

This is a very small NSV but still one that I'm counting. We went grocery shopping today and we had to get water. We had 2 five gallon bottles ot fill up, so I went and filled them up before we even actually got started shopping so it would be extra weight I would have to push around the store. A little exercise!! Woohoo!! Not like me at all. Tomorrow I'm starting the Wii Fit faithfully. I plan on doing at least 30 minutes a day on it, if not longer. It's fun, not too demanding but it's getting me up and moving.

I was talking with Jim today and he was saying how hard it is sometimes to not smoke again. He quit over 2 years ago and hasn't had one since. I told him to think of cigerettes in the cupboards whereever there is food and that's how hard it would be for him to try and stay a non-smoker.. I think he realizes it a little more how hard it is for us who are around food all the time to stay OP and we need all the help we can get.

Nothing gets me back to being OP as much as testing my blood sugar levels and finding out that it's at 172 fasting. It was a total shock to me to see that this morning. It's been a couple of months, I know, shame on me since I've checked it, and I don't want to go back on all the meds, so I'm OP as of today.

Sandy, organizing helps me too to stay OP more. It's sorta weird how some things go hand in hand. But maybe it goes back to the perfectionist thing. Strange how it all ties in.

Annie, it's really strange but there was nothing on the news about the shooting, nothing in the little newspaper for local things going on, and we went passed the bar, and there was no police tape around it. So I don't really know what happened.

Becca, O yeah! I do the same exact thing about starting something tomorrow, and tomorrow comes and I put it off again. I'm so glad you got that inner child under control and told her who's the boss and you exercised!! YAY for you!!

Carol, I'm with you on posting everyday. It's a promise!!

Luan, HI!!! I'm so glad you're back! O sweetie, I wish there was something I could tell you to help you get over this guy. If things haven't happened by now, I don't know if they ever will for you. I was in a marriage for 19 years, and kept hoping for things to change, but they never did. It killed me to get a divorce, but I knew if I wanted to survive and become a healthier, happier person, I had to get out of it. We both sat there and cried at the attorney's office because neither one of us really wanted the divorce, but we knew we couldn't be together anymore. Please don't waste all those years on something that might not ever be felt by both of you.

Well, that's about it for me. Hope you all have a great evening.
Debbie
Old 01-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

I did it!! I got all the runners cut out...only took me 7 hours to cut them out. Who knows how long it will take to hem all the sides. I was so tired and my muscles were aching so I made myself do my workout video.It was hard but im so glad i did it. Hubby and I picked up pecans today for 30 min. It was like doing hundreds and hundreds of toe touches.I got winded to the point i could hardly talk. Hubby said he never knew how hard picking up pecans could be.
Hugs to all..im finishing my water and going to bed!

Last edited by dgramie; 01-02-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #78  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Debbie, I hope Jim 'gets it.' Addiction is addiction. I used to wish it was cigs I had a problem with, because then I could just quit cold turkey. But when you HAVE to eat to live, it's like having to have 3 half smokes a day, but not being allowed to finish one.

LUAN, Dear beautiful girl. I spent 10 years attached to a guy I loved very much. I was almost 30 when I was finally able to shake my head and walk away for the last time. I'm married now to a wonderful guy, but I married at 39. I lost the time when I could have had kids. It's a treasure I'll never enjoy. Not only are there other guys out there who are truly wonderful - altho I'll grant you, they're few and far between - there are guys who will truly appreciate you and treasure you. Pick one. And your eyes can't even see them as long as you're focused on whats-his-name. I hope you're able to move on with your life and to find a relationship that makes you wonder what the heck you wasted all that time for. There's no denying that there's heartache in walking away from someone you love, but sometimes there's more, and longer heartache in NOT walking away. You don't know me well, and I know we haven't shared this list in a long time, but you are one of those people that I never forget. You have a spark and a spirit that draws people to you, and I know that you shine. I understand that he's precious to you, but don't let him eclipse the light from our Princess. I'm glad you're back on the list, & even if I don't to you much, please know that I'm cheering for you. Have courage. Luan deserves it!

Ladies, I love my tickers, but I just can't decide where to start one. Should I start at my recent high point, the day after Christmas? Or should I start on Jan 1? Or should I start on Sunday when the 300+ B.L. starts? Decisions, decisions....

At least I managed to get out of work without caving in to the M&M demon. Did I mention that there's a huge glass jar of them right AT my office door. Everyone clinks & rattles it all day, and today all I had was a handful of cheese chunks. I was stressed, and eventually hungry, but not a single one of them got past these 2009 chocolate virgin lips!

Also great, as I started down the long staircase at work today, I realized that for the first time since I broke my little ankle bone, I wasn't grabbing for the rail. I absolutely GIGGLED all the way down, just because I could do it without holding on for dear life, or being afraid I'd fall. Where's the Carrot when I need him? Oh - there he is!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 01-02-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #79  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Dgramie I understand being overwhelmed with tons of sewing to do. I actually didn't sew a stitch
today. Maybe tomorrow. on getting your runners cut out! That's awesome. Just remember to press and pin before you start to sew or it can ruin all your cutting. I've learned the hard way not to try to take short cuts. And it makes me crazy to do it the long way. But it sure saves the frustration. Fresh Pecans! That's awesome. Yummy and great exercise.

Cyn Glad you had a good time in Flagstaff. I'm sure you'll be on the inner tubes next year. Your niece sounds adorable. I think it's cool you're making a scrap book about her. That's so cool!

Toni You look great! You must be so proud of yourself. Keep up the good work and look at the pics regularly to stay motivated. It motivates me to see your pics.

Debbie I haven't checked my sugar for 3 days and now I don't want to check it either. But I definitely will. Hopefully your exercise will bring your sugar down. Hang in there, Sweetie. I hate the meds too. Oh Debbie, how sad about your marriage. It's how I've been feeling for awhile. I keep thinking our current tension is cuz of finances. We'll see what the spring brings.

Val What a great nsv today! I still hate stairs. I can go down them now without stopping to check my balance, but I still hang on just in case. I can go up ONE flight of stairs without being winded, but that's all so far. You'll be going up that staircase before you know it.

Sharon Where are you, Hon? I worry about you when you're not posting. Big hugs to you!

Today was very stressful. I went over my calories by 222 calories, but got my water in. DD and I were at the grocery store again. I actually had reese cups in my hand and put them back down. I'm happy about that. She and I went to check out an apartment today. It's very cute. There is a 2 bedroom available soon as well as a three bedroom. I just need to decide what I want to do. It's all very complicated. Tomorrow dd and I have to go to a shoe shop to return a pair of shoes she got for Christmas that are too big. Hopefully, they'll have a smaller size in the same style cuz she loves them.
Take care all. I'm off to be soon.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #80  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybar View Post
Anne What a cool way to get really beautiful geraniums. I love their hardiness and bright colors. How big will they by April/May? Maybe I could start some. I don't know if we'll still be in our house in April/May, but I can always put them in a window box or patio pots. Please let me know how quickly they grow.
They can be a little fussy to start. You're supposed to plant them in dirt, with bottom heat, and a couple of weeks later you get seedlings. I'm impatient, so I always put the seeds in between wet paper towels and stick them on top of the fridge. When they sprout I then put them in the dirt. After that they would probably grow fairly well anywhere with some warmth and decent light. I tend to use artificial light, so I'm not sure. The ones I'm doing this year are hanging geraniums (as you can usually buy the bedding ones quite cheap in the summer here). These ones won't bloom likely until July, but I'll pinch them back on purpose, as I don't want them too big. I've grown the bedding ones before and you still pinch them back, but can usually get June blooms.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 AM   #81  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Sandy and Val - youre both totally right. the only real answer is to cut the ties to him completely. it just sucks, because hes not a totally horrible person. he's just never going to love me the way i want him to.

purple - thanks for the kind words

its nice to be back
Old 01-03-2009, 07:01 AM   #82  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

LUAN, A perfectly nice, even wonderful person can still ruin another person's life. You moving on with your life is no more a condemnation of him, than his not being in love with you is a condemnation of you. Your lives are simply destined for other things, down different paths. Don't turn your back on all the unknown wonders and events that life holds, to keep from feeling like YOU are abandoning HIM. If he's actually such a nice person, he'll want you to have the brightest future, not be his back-burner convenience. You called it "toxic", and I'm betting you hit the nail on the head? I only know that you're a woman who shines. You are the one who decides whats best for You. I don't mean to be preachy. I'm just hopeful of the best for you this year and always. At least we're here, taking on our diet demons!

As for my ticker, I decided to start it where my current efforts started. I haven't done anything for 3 years since the first loss, so starting back there just wasn't right.

UH-OH! Gonna be late for work!!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:16 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Good Morning Peeps - how's everyone? Is this Day 3 for anyone else? I think today I will venture into the retail world - I've avoided it for a few days - the nasty "eating out/bad choices" demon had become attached to me - I believe I have shaken him enough to feel confident about going to shop a bit today.

DH found a Wii fit yesterday - I can see I will enjoy it. I also spent time yesterday with Jillian and the pups and DH at the park. We both have signed up for the public 5K in April - he isn't sure he can make it 5k so needs to get started (this is a normal sized unfit man). Several times he asked me to slow down yesterday. I hope he will want to go again today before it turns cold on us.

Luan - hun there is nothing I can add that Val and Sandy haven't already. Val is so right about your light radiating - you are special to us. Be special to you. It's so nice to see you back - I've missed you.

Debbie - I use the smoking analogy too! DH is now day 3 of no cigars - I think I am faring better than he is. He will be the first to point out though that he can live without them but I can't live without food. He already is not coughing - not to mention much better breath. Good job pushing the water through the store.

Val - when I read about the clinking of the jar it made me think of It's a Wonderful Life where they say - "Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings". Every time the jar clinks (and its not Val) Val stays a (choc) virgin. This needs some work - anyone have ideas for "Every time the jar clinks
_______________. Let's work on this one.

Sandy - I'm missing Sharon too! Sounds like you and DD had a nice day - hope she finds the shoes.

Dinner out tonight for stepsons BD - glad I am back in the world of good choices - I like the scale moving down. I will try to stay low on calories today just in case.

Who's drinking water???? (Penny)

Hugs to all,
Carol

Last edited by gggirls; 01-03-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #84  

Height: 5'7"

I have lost the 5lbs I gained over the holidays. It feels so good to be back on track. I have exercised daily for a week. I cant wait to see what i can do next week!!

sandy - yes fresh pecans but i cant eat them. They really irritate my colon plus i have no control if i start eating them. I just shell them and in the freezer they go. I am trying to decide if i really want to sew today..i only have 7 weeks left, your right about the pinning and pressing. I have thought about just pressing the hems in all of them today. That way i can just sew when the times comes. We still have to make all the flowers also so I really need these out of the way! Bridal showers start next weekend, so i guess i really do need to sew today.

Luan_ you are a very specail lady and you deserve someone who is going to love you totally!!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Sandy & Carol, THANKSxxxx I'm ok, just trying to catch up on housework. I keep getting tired & dizzy, that 'bug' really took it out of me, but I'm back OP and I'll be exercising in a few days, once I feel up to it.
Luan, you know what you have to do about this guy, we are here for you if you need a hug or cry.xxxxx It's amazing how much sh*t we put up with, ***hoping*** 'HE' will want us the way we want him. You deserve better!!!xxxxxx
Debbi, wish I was close to you as I'd love to help with the sewing, hope you get it all done without having to undo any!xxxxxx
Valerie, have you been able to ride with that broken ankle? WTG on saying NO to those M&Ms. How is Gabe? Are you going to post any pics of you riding him again, has he filled out any or has he reached his full height/girth now? How many hands does he stand now?xxxxxx (I'm turning GREEN with envy as I write/type this, lol!!!)
Ummm that's it I think, I REALLY need to tidy up & make our bed up, hoover...laundry..sigh...Stil it must count as exercise eh? More than sitting at the pc like I want to, lol.
xxxxxxxxxxxsharon
Old 01-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #86  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Carol, Thanks for your compliment on my pic. Thanks also for the reminder to drink my water, I have been falling short in that goal for a while now. It's time to go soda free after I am done with the three in my fridge. That sounds horrid but I am not going to throw away my Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Vanilla. They have discontinued it anyway so I won't be buying anymore after they are gone.
I have not been able to get to my TOPS meeting for the last two Fridays. That is not good as I really need that accountability to stay honest with myself. The Friday after xmas we went out of town to see the grandkids and yesterday I was unable to go as the roads to the neighboring town where we have the meeting were icy and horrid. I am confessing to pretending everything is just peachy in my eating world. In reality I have been overeating and hoping things would just magically be perfect when I next step on the scale. The flip side is over reacting and under eating to compensate for the overeating to catch up with it all. Argh, I hate old habits and wrong reactions.

EDIT: Forgot to thank Cyn for the thumbs up on my hair also!

Last edited by ToniLight; 01-03-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

"Every time the jar clinks, there are calories I didn't eat..."

"Every time the jar clinks, there's a victory for me."
Old 01-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Hey everyone. Looks like everyone is doing good. I weighted in this morning and am down 5.2lbs wooohoooo.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

hello everyone. i am so glad the challenge starts tomoz. i have gained so much since i went off plan 9 days ago.. its amazing how 9 days of drinking soda, not exercising, and eating kfc can pack on the lbs and so fast too lol... i got on the scale this am and i weigh 302.8...some of it is water retention i know cause my ankles are swollen from all the salt i have been eating. well, biggest loser just came on discovery channel, so im gonna get off and pick up a lil motivation lol
Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #90  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Thanks again for the warm welcome back. and for the kind words. i know what i have to do. its just hard to think of my life without him in it. but Val you are totally right. 100%
Closed Thread