Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 06:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1186

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!

Last edited by Heather; 11-24-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:48 AM   #2  

Morning Peeps - how's everybody today?

Time to head back to work today - seems I worked double hard last week in Denver and will go back to lots of catch up. I only work Monday and Tuesday of this week and I'm hoping it will go fast. Wednesday I have a hair appt and then will work on getting a little ahead of the cooking game for Thursday. Gotta rest up for black Friday shopping - I've been looking at the ads and already dreading the thought of a snow/ice mix while waiting in line for 4 a.m. openings.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Monday Morning all!

Angie: I'm sure it was water weight hun. Hang in there I bet it comes right back off. Congrats on fitting into the Lane Bryant jeans. That is such a great feeling. I remember when I couldn't fit into ANYTHING that Lane Bryant had in there store and I had to shop in their catalog for the bigger sizes. I'm so proud of you sweetie. Hugs and again, hang in there.

Cyn: Glad that your first party was a good one and everyone had fun.

Bernice: I hope that your DS gets to be with you through all the holidays before going to Germany. So sorry that your DH took a tumble.

Carol: Yippeee for days off. lol. I think I only have Thursday off but I am so lucky to get off work around 9 a.m. daily. Some mornings when it is sooooo cold like today I don't feel as lucky to be up at 3 a.m. lol.

Well, yesterday we did some chores around the house. DH helped me lift the sofas and vacuum under them and he vacuumed the sofas. We have hard wood floors and the dog hair seems to gather under the sofas. We took our furbabies to a car wash that had a pet wash area. It was so much better than trying to do them in our tub at home. We didn't have to get our bathrooms dirty or hairy. We took them and they had a standing tub with a ramp for them to walk up. We bathed them and dried them and brought them home and I brushed and brushed them, hence the need to vacuum so much. Now, our house is clean and our puppies are clean and smelling like lavendar.

DH is going to invite a couple of single men from his work home for Thanksgiving dinner. Hopefully if they are alone they will come to dinner.

I set Dh up on the Wii Fit last night. He got worked out BIG TIME! He was surprised that yoga was so tough. I can kick his butt on the push up section which surprised both of us. He got very challenged and is planning on doing it again soon. I hope he does. He is considered overweight byt the Fitt. I am still obese.

Well, that is about it for now. I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and stay op, move your booties and drink your water.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!!

Everyone in the US getting ready for the holiday? Whether you're travelling, or staying home, having a crowd or just a quiet day??

My dad and his gf are coming for a couple of days. I've got most of the food purchased, and will be prepping/cooking starting Wednesday. BUt I have 3 exams to give and grade too... hmm..
Old 11-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

hi...took me forever to catch up my the thread. Saturday moving went well. I went back yesterday and helped make it look like a home..well most of it. There are still 2 rooms covered in boxes and stuff. She has more closets that most would ever dream of having.I told her to make it her goal in life to not get them full ever!! Now i am back home looking at the mess i have left behind. I will start trying to tackle mine later today. It will take me a few days if not longer to get mine back in order. Her old bedroom needs to be painted and scrubbed. Of course there is still tons of stuff to go thru up there and decide what to do with it.
im heading to fix my water jug for the day...hugs to all
Old 11-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #6  

Morning Ladies. I did my first weigh-in today. Only 3 days in but I wanted my weigh-ins to be on Monday. (Helps control cravings to overeat on the weekend, lol.) So, my weigh-in was good, down 3 pounds in 3 days! And now I'm anxious/curious to see how my first full week goes.

Annie - Yes, that was me! I have a Chihuahua named Jasmine, she is 2 now. Great as ever and too smart for her own good, I train her alot. I should post a new picture of her soon I suppose. Also, I'd just like to say a mega congrats on your progress, you've come so far while I've been off the boards!! Way to go, you and these ladies here give me a little glimmer of hope for myself.

Hope you all are having a great morning!

~M
Old 11-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #7  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello fellow chicks

Returned from my little shopping trip in the city. Went to the indoor market and went to the book store. Returned a heap of books back I had read. Then bought a few more to replace them It is a shop which does a exchange scheme on books so it makes my reading habit much cheaper. I know I could belong to a library which would be cheaper still. These days it takes me a lot of time to read a book if I am going through a phrase with zero concentration.

Whilst in town dropped into a clothing store in the shopping centre (mall). I was going here to try the next size down in clothing as the size I am wearing is a bit big. Though to be truthfully honest I really suspected I was in that limbo land place were neither size fits one being to big the other too small. Much to my amazement it fit a size 14 UK both blouse and trousers. I was in tears in the changing room from being over joyed. I do not ever remember being in a size 14 I bet it was when I was about 13 or 14. I had to compose myself before coming out of the changing rooms and going back into the shop. I wanted to share my NSV with you. I have told my DH and he can not seem to see what all the fuss is about I know men gauge things differently and going down in a size obviously isn't one of them

dogpal Yes wrapping up is essential to me to prevent pain no matter what I look like. Very kind of you and you DH to have some single men over for Thanksgiving meal. I am sure they will appreciate a home cooked meal

Realist I am more fortunate than most in the scheme of things. I have more time than most as I am unable to work as my MS has deteriorated. So I have a fair amount of time on my hands so not many excuses not to come on and post. I know there are times when life gets busy for me then I am MIA. If you are working or have children time is much more limited for activities such as sitting at the PC.

azcyn Congratulations on your first party. I am sure they will get easier the more you host them. Though first time must always be the worst.

DMPLS I hope that your DH gets better soon after his fall. Hmm one of life's mysteries why men won't go to the hospital? I think it goes along side why won't they read instruction manuals? Despite this we still got a love 'em

I hope your son gets to spend Christmas with you before his unit is deployed to Germany. So that he gets to spend Christmas with you. It must put your son in a dilemma with being posted abroad and not yet married to his GF. I can understand wanting to at least give her some security. I know military service must be tough on you like that.

dgramie Yes this thread moves along very quickly so have many posts to read even going just one day let alone a few days.

I don't envy you all that cleaning with having to get your place straight plus try and get your daughter home sorted. It is going to be some serious hard work. The only bonus is it will count toward your daily exercise, house work can rack up a few calories burnt.

Heather Sounds like you have got your hands full the next few days with having Dad and his GF over. Then marking exam papers this week as well. Hope all goes well.

gggirls Nice that you have a short week at work this week. Shame that you have lots of work to catch up on with being to ~Denver last week.

What is black Friday? Sounds like sales in shops but I might be barking up the wrong tree 4am for me that would be murder getting up at that time. I struggle getting up for 7.30am once a week to go to treatment for my MS.

Time to run. Need to do my daily exercise which I have put off long enough now. Going to go on the whole body vibration machine for 30 minutes. I will give myself a tough workout today as I suspect I will have to cut my exercise session tomorrow. Take care ladies. Not sure if I will have much time to drop by tomorrow as I am going to my treatment at the ms therapy centre. I will endeavour to drop by even if it is for a quick hello.

Take care all and look after yourselves.

purpleorc
Old 11-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #8  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Vilandra485 Looks like we were ships in the night well day . You and I seemed to posted at about the same time.

Firstly on 3lbs lost that is great work for 3 days on plan. Dogpal is a great inspiration to us all here on 3fc. Reading stories like her own here on the site has helped me stay motivated and inspired. At the beginning thinking well if others can do it maybe just maybe I can. With the help of this site I am where I am today.

I love your furry baby Jasmine she is so cute I could take her home with me but unfortunately I have a jealous furry baby of my own. Who loves to play with other dogs but the minute my DH shows them any affection the green eyed envy monster comes out. So he is an only dog to keep the peace
Old 11-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

I have gotten nothing done today..just ran the vacum and sweep entry and kitchen..did dishes from yesterday and today. Now going to get a hot bath and put on jammies....bedtime is coming fast for me...my whole body hurts...i know i could have never worked liked i did the past 2 days a year ago and 78pounds ago. I was down on my hands and knees half leaning into the shower scrubbing it and hubby walked by the door and said you couldnt have done that 78lbs ago. He is so right!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Good evening all,

Well, I was happy to not see a gain this morning....granted I only lost 0.2 lbs from yesterday, but that's ok. I lost 3.6 lbs this past week, and am very happy about that. I am nearing the 3teens, and that is great news to me.

A few NSVs for me as well. Besides fitting in the Lane Bryant size 7 (finally not squeezing into their biggest size, but rather fitting comfortably into the size under that), when I put my winter coat on this morning, it was too big. I was swimming in it. Yay! I will wear it all winter because I rarely wear a winter coat anyway, and I want to be able to buy a new one next year without thinking I am wasting money buying coats two years in a row. Also, I tried on a button up 26/28 from my closet this evening and it fit in the tummy area (but not in the bust area). Maybe if I wear a sports bra to smash the girls, I will be able to wear it.

Work was fine today....because no one was there. Lots of people are taking the week off apparently. All the better for me.

Purpleorc - I have no kids, but work keeps me super busy. I am lead the project lead on a new biotech drug...and there is a LOT of work involved. I prepare filings for the regulatory agencies, review loads of data, perform investigations, march to insane timelines, and am the quality lead. I like it in theory, although at times it drives me insane. And I am not a huge fan of meeting with the regulatory agencies, because I am a smart a$$ by nature and apparently they frown upon that.

Debi - Congrats on the things you are able to do that you couldn't 78 pounds ago. That is great. And congrats on surviving your daughter leaving.

Carol - How do you have flyers for black Friday already? We don't get ours until Thanksgiving, and then the planning begins. I hate shopping, crowds, standing in line, and getting up early. Yay, black Friday. Luckily even though I hate all of those things, I am cheap cheap cheap, and if you are giving me a good deal, I am there.

Annie - Good for you getting your DH on the WII. I used to love the WII, but have had a hard time getting into it lately. Mostly hard time getting into working out at all. Shame on me!!

Everyone else out there, hope you are all well.

Take care and be well,
Angie
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #11  

Angie - just google black friday ads - they are all available.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Hey peeps...I hope your week is going well. Mine is going pretty well so far...

My weight seems to be stuck at 285...*kicks it*
Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 AM   #13  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick fly by....
spoke to DS this evening and he will have what the Army calls "Home-Town recruiting" for 2 weeks then his leave time will start....so this way he will have enough leave days to take for him to stay till the 27th of Dec....and be able to report to Germany by the 29th. I am so Happy and excited he will be home Thurs!!!

Dh is feeling loads better....head still hurts a bit....but he says its much much better!

talk to you all later tonight or weds....
Old 11-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Default Itchy

Itchy. I am oh so itchy. I have been struggling with some itchiness for probably about a month or so. When my pants would touch my shins, itch. When anything touched me it seemed, I itched, but mostly on my legs. Even bath water….itch. Then I just had occasional itchiness, when it would only itch if I thought about it. Well, last night, it came on much stronger. The backs of my legs, the backs of my wrists, behind my ears, down the side of my face. Around midnight I took two benadryl and finally slept a little. I woke this morning to itchiness. But since I am working, I didn’t take benadryl. I can see TINY little white dots on the back of my wrists. And not many of them. Any ideas?

Itchy in Colorado
Old 11-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Itchy. I am oh so itchy. I have been struggling with some itchiness for probably about a month or so. When my pants would touch my shins, itch. When anything touched me it seemed, I itched, but mostly on my legs. Even bath water….itch. Then I just had occasional itchiness, when it would only itch if I thought about it. Well, last night, it came on much stronger. The backs of my legs, the backs of my wrists, behind my ears, down the side of my face. Around midnight I took two benadryl and finally slept a little. I woke this morning to itchiness. But since I am working, I didn’t take benadryl. I can see TINY little white dots on the back of my wrists. And not many of them. Any ideas?

Itchy in Colorado
I'm a person who is allergic to most products and apparently some foods. I've dealt with this all my life, but it wasn't until 2006 that my body had it's first full reaction. It started witch itchy spots, but mine were blisters. If these white dots are full of fluid and are "blister like" then it could be an allergic reaction, a form of Eczema.

It could also be a form of hives that are brought on by various things, including if you are over heated like when you exercise. I get hives when I exercise and it is something that happens every single time. My hives go down in about an hour or two after I exercise, but I get intense itching and bumps, especially in areas where I sweat like the back of my knees. People who have this condition can have it brought on by getting slightly overheated and can even have hives appear if they get into water that is warm.

Have you changed anything in the last month? Food, pills...anything? With me, I pretty know when I react to something...in fact I just realized that something going on with my body is a previous reaction that is having trouble healing. lol.

I suggest trying to see a dermatologist and the worst thing you can do is scratch. Try taking cool or lukewarm baths...try using products that are fragrance free.
Closed Thread