Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

cyn- sorry you are having a hard time. I get torn between the hussle and bustle of traveling to family and wanting to stay home and have it here with just my family. I stay home for thanksgiving but go to both sides on christmas day...i have always had a big day for my family on christmas eve..church and then fingerfoods and presents...but when my son met his wife her family has a big thing on christmas eve and i get stuck trying to squeeze my christmas in. It sucks...but life changes and we just have to try and go with it...i spent day before yesterday crying ..all day long!! I am not happy with when i will be having christmas but its the only way to see my grandbaby then i will be rushed and at least get to see her.
hugs and try to think of something special to do for your family that day.

i guess i better get moving and get to church today...missed the past few sundays and my weeks just arent the same without church.
oh we are suppost to be getting snow tonight and tommorow....
Old 11-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #62  

Cyn - I can relate to the whole family/holidays thing. Thought I'd just send ya over a hug.

Hi Everyone. I've been on track for 9 days now. Doesn't sound like much but I'm very happy with my progress. I find I'm less hungry than I normally was, which is odd, lol. But I'll take it! I'm no longer thinking what will my next meal be, and when can I have it. Which is great. Something feels different this time, and I like it. Well I write enough on my WL Blog so I'm all typed out, lol. Have a great day everyone!

~Melissa
Old 11-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi Peeps - sounds like lots of sad and blue feelings here today. How bout we kick it in high gear - get all of those non OP foods out of our systems that we've all had. I bet it will help the emotions not to mention the body. It's also something we can control - we don't have control over the other issues most of the time. What do you say? I speak from experience - this morning I had a little meltdown and had to kick myself in the rear end - not easy - and ask myself the same questions.

So I have done a new exercise DVD this morning and have worked out the food plan for the week. Anyone with me?

Lots of hugs to all,
Carol

Last edited by gggirls; 11-30-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I've been fighting the blues (in my case chronic depression) since June. And, ladies I'm here to tell you EXERCISE HELPS - even when your brain chemistry is all wonky like mine.

Carol, I'm with you! I cannot control how my brain chemistry makes me feel. I cannot control the fact that most of the time, I don't want to get out of bed and the world feels like it's about to cave in. But I can control the way I talk to myself and what "tapes" I allow to run in my head. I make myself work out as much as I do because the more I work out, the more energy I have and the easier it is to fight this battle with depression I intend to win.

Exercise is a time for me to do something FOR myself. And, the endorphins are nothing to sneeze at! LOL

This is what my exercise looks like so far:

Sept - 320 mins
Oct - 640 mins
Nov - 800 mins

I'm shooting for 1,000 in December.

Anyone else joining us? Jump on the December Exercise thread with Carol, Heather, Angie, Anne and me!! Let's ring in the new year with stronger, more flexible muscles and healthier lungs, heart and bones. Come on! I know you wanna! ::grin::

Last edited by NuevaVida; 11-30-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Bernice, boy o boy do I know how you feel. It's so hard when another woman comes into your son's life when you've been the only "woman" in his life, his whole life. My son was the same way and if you remember, just last year because of my dil, we didn't speak to each other for over 7 months. That's 7 months lost that we can never get back. Be thankful that you have him around when he does come home if even for short periods of time. And be happy for him, that he's found someone to love and be happy with. You've been a huge success with your son! If it wasn't for the way you raised him, he wouldn't be as successful in life as he is. Kudos to you!

Cyn, It's too bad that you're aunt doesn't realize how you feel about getting together with the family. Sorry you have to go thru that. Maybe they will have a change of heart when it gets closer to Christmas.

Debi, sounds like you are going thru a tough time too. It's heart breaking when they leave the nest and get on with their lives, but you too, are a success when it comes to your kids.

Catherine, did you get out and do some golfing? Get the paper done?

Carol, keep up the good work on exercising. You go girl!

Our Thanksgiving started on Wednesday. Dil had to work on Thanksgiving and her parents went to eastern Washington, so we had ours a day early. Turned out nice. But I suspect her parents were really in town and she didn't want to have to break up her day between the two families. We always get the short end of the stick, but we take what we can just to get to see my son.

We put up decorations and lights outside today and I slowly put things out each day in the house. I sorta like to do it gradually and then all of a sudden it's all decorated and looks so pretty about the time we go get the tree.

Food sucks, water sucks. I will be getting a Wii Fit for Christmas and that's when I intend to get back into the swing of things with losing weight again. I just can't seem to focus on it right now so I'll just try and maintain.

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving and didn't do as badly as I did.
toodles,
Debbie
Old 11-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #66  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Debbie-I didn't finish my paper or get to go to the course. Himself brought bubonic plague back from Vancouver with him. I put my portable target up in the dining room, and threw discs at it from the couch. He is in so much trouble. My fever finally broke last night. Normally I end up in the hospital with the flu, but I had the flu shot this year, so I got over it so much quicker. I must have been a sight. At one point I was under 4 blankets with my Silly Rabbit hat on, and still shivering. I will forgive him eventually.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Catherine, LOL, even though I've never seen you,.....some how I can picture you sitting there under all those blankets with a bunny hat on throwing discs with one hand, and playing with your yo yo in the other. Just too funny! You always brighten my day! Thanks!

Debbie
Old 11-30-2008, 10:17 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

To everyone that is having some depression and sadness big huge hugs to you all. I think that it is just a time to reflect and think about families. I sure miss mine. DH and I spent Thanksgiving just the two of us. We ate, cleaned the kitchen and took our two doggies on a 5K. I didn't say that I would do it but knew I would as soon as I heard about it from Carol. It felt great to be out there exercising. I didn't over eat on Thanksgiving but.... the rest of the weekend I did eat a lot. Not all at one time but still, I ate wayyyy too much. I am planning on getting everything out of my system this week and getting back on track. I did manage to make my exercise goal for November and I made a goal for myself to beat the minutes that I did last year. Last year my personal exercise minutes were 18,000. I think I am only about 500 minutes or so away from tying that mark so hopefully I will smash that old record by the end of this month.

On Friday I had to work for a few hours then came home and DH and I went to some sales for Christmas shopping. We walked and walked. It was quite pleasant but very cold. It did snow and snow and snow on Friday after we were home. We snuggled and watched movies. On Saturday we did a bit more shopping then started decorating for Christmas. All of our lights are up on our house and look lovely. The inside is all put out and looks beautiful except we need to get our tree this next weekend.

To all that have lost weight huge congrats to you. To all of us that are/had stuggled a bit, we can do it. Let's give each other a hand and make this the very best December we have had yet in health and exercise.

Beth: Huge, huge welcome to you. I am so very happy to have you here and I am sooo looking forward to getting to know you. I think it is wonderful that you are not waiting to get to be 300 or so before you try to get healthy. Good for you! I hope that you feel better very soon and that nasty cold doesn't last long.

Okay all, I guess I better be getting to bed soon. It is already almost 7:30 and 3:30 a.m. comes very early and it will be chilly.

I hope you all have a wonderful water drinking, body moving and op day tomorrow.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 12-01-2008, 07:10 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Stop! Everyone come join us at the new weekly Thread. It's Monday already.
Closed Thread