Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Peeps - I'm taking a break from decorating with a fresh cup of coffee and noticed it is snowing. Both of my trees look wonderful although a bit unique - I have all of the ornaments my parents had as children - my silly siblings don't care about that stuff. Each of my nieces and nephew have also made me an ornament each year so it's an interesting progression to watch. I'm in a very sentimental mood in case you didn't notice.

I'm with Angie - I had 2 days of bad eating and it's over. Last night when I went to bed I didn't feel well - I guess my body knows what it likes. Once the decorating is complete seems like a good time to blow up the new ball and workout as the water class wasn't scheduled to meet today.

Hope you all enjoyed your holiday and found some bargains if you were looking yesterday. Be safe out there.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 11-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #47  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Helloooo (:

I'm new to this thread and I was wondering if it would be ok to join in! I don't weigh 300 lbs but I'm about 80 lbs away, methinks. My mam is on this thread as well and I have seen how much support she had that helped her lead to her weight loss, so I would love for the same kind of support

I'm not planning to lose weight now but I'm going to eat everything in moderation and I will be starting to lose weight after Christmas! I believe that I weigh about 220 lbs or more. I'm too scared to step on the scales now, haha

Beth
Old 11-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning chickies...

BAZ:Welcome!! Just join right in!! You will get to know a great group!!

Today I am going to Michaels to get those collage frames. I am also going to work hard on getting atleast one of the 4 blankets I am making done!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #49  

azcyn - thanks for the welcome!

Have a good Saturday everyone :]
Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

baz xo- welcome

cyn- I think that sad feeling was in the air yesterday.I sure had it bad..and TOM came for me right along with the turkey.

puple- have a good weekend and good luck at cards if you play again.

carol- hugs...and please dont send me your snow!! I did hear it might be a chance tommorow evening.

realist_ hugs and isnt it funny how our bodys tell us when we have done bad.

I am happy with my weigh in considering tom is here. I had .4 loss. I can truly say i bet this is the 1st time in my life i lost over a holiday weekend.LOL :O)
Im so close to the 80lb mark i can taste it!!!
Lets see just what we can accomplish weight wise in dec!! WE can do it and WE are worth it!! I have decided my weight and exercise is the only thing in my life I can truly control anymore. So i am going to do it to the best of my ablilty!!!
hugs to all...
Old 11-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #51  

dgramie - thanks for the welcome and well done with the 4lb loss!

may I ask what TOM is? I'm assuming it means time of the month?
Old 11-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #52  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

well Turkey day was late....DS's paperwork was messed up and shoved aside.....so he left the base late....missed his flight and had to wait till 10 am Thanksgiving day to get on another flight.....so he didn't arrive till 7pm! It was nice to see him and yes he will be in the "area" till after Christmas.........but already he is gone.....he is spending time with his gf's family this weekend.....he took Dh's car needed gas so I gave him my card to go fill up..........he called his sister on the cell to run out to the car to get my card........then he left! I was sooooo hurt! he didn't even come inside to say thanks mom or see ya later or a kiss grrrrrrr......called DH bawling my head off......of course DH tells me (he was at work) he had to go and he would call me later..........poor DD she came over to the sofa and said she wanted to cuddle & watch Christmas movies with me.....so I dried up my eyes and proceeded to watch some sappy Christmas movie......and then DS walked back inside.....(DH called him and chewed his butt out and he turned around to give me a hug & kiss) I told him that I understand where his priorities are right now....but it still hurts cuz I've missed him too! so he appologized and went off to spend the weekend with her family......he "plans" on spending his time between both places....here in town and 1hr south of us where his gf is going to school.....which in turn he would see his brother & sister who also go to college there......guess I see how my mom felt everytime I came home for a visit & then made plans w/o her!!! My husband thinks I'm just being sappy but it hurts......

I'm home alone again....DH is at work....DD is at work.....Christmas stuff needs to come out of the garage.....I was hoping to have DS here to help one last time with setting it all up............oh well.....

sorry such a gloomy post but thats how I feel right now.....talk to you all later maybe I will be in a better mood then...
Old 11-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #53  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm going to go walk my sins off today. The weather is beautiful. Last year the snow started in October. We are still waiting for enough snow to last more than a couple of hours. There wasn't even any frost this morning. I forget how much money we save each day we don't have to run the snow plows, but it's huge. Think I may do a round of golf tomorrow afternoon. I should be working on my last term paper, but I am having trouble concentrating. That's a side affect of the brain injury that seems to crop up at the worst times. Thought if I just tire myself out completely, maybe that will reboot my brain.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #54  

Just stopping in to say HI to everyone. I'm on track still, doing good.
Hope all of you are well.

~Melissa
Old 11-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #55  

Height: 5'7"

baz xo_ that was .4 not 4lbs...i wish it was 4lbs. LOL Tom is time of month.

dmpls- sorry your feeling left out. I felt the same way on thur and friday. I cried and cried. Both older kids showed up last night for a visit to brighten my day. Holding my granddaughter sure lightens my mood fast!! Life is hard at this stage..letting go is hard. Its just part of life we have to deal with and be here for them when they decide they have time for us. HUGS again and know you have done a good job raising them. HUGS!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #56  

dgramie - sorry for the mistake! Not trying to sound dumb but what does .4 mean? I thought it meant 4lbs. Yaaay, I was right about TOM. I hate having it... who doesn't? I had really bad and heavy period last week and it wasn't supposed to happen because I have an Implanon in my arm
Old 11-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Bernice, honey, I'm sorry. I'm glad your husband gave your boy a talking to. And, I'm glad your boy had the good sense to drive his butt back to the house and give you a hug. I know when I was his age I was rather insensitive to my mom and the loneliness she felt as she saw her kids (I'm the oldest) leave the house. Hugs to you.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #58  

Helloooo (:

I'm not feeling too good today. I woke up this morning with a sore throat, just like that, it's weird because I was feeling fine yesterday. I suppose being at my dad's doesn't help much as he smokes. Anyway, I can't wait to get home so I can have a nice honey drink

I just had chicken dinner and I feel sick now. I always do when I have a big dinner at my dad's. I seem to not stand the smell of the gravy and roast potatoes. I don't know what's wrong with me

I hope everyone is having a good weekend, better than mine!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #59  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I have been MIA, Yes, I went off Program but not until the day after Thanksgiving. I had a two pound loss show on the day after Thanksgiving which was a happy thing for me. Stress makes me feel bad and I think that was my eating trigger. The stress has worked itself out in the meantime, Yay!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

morning ladies:

Bernice: (((( HUGS)))) to you! My son has a gf..and it is all about her. Luckily for me, she is a sweetie and likes being over here more then at their house. BUT I know..there will be a time when we will see less of him. I think, the daughters tend to stay more in touch then the sons do. That is how it was with me. We were always around my family and not hubbys.

Beth Marie: Sorry your not feeling well. I know if hubby leaves the bathroom window open, I wake up with a sore throat.

Well yesterday was a total melt down for me. I went to Michaels and got the 3 frames I needed. As I was walking around looking for them my aunt called. Now I am very close to my aunt. She informs me that her hubby..my uncle really enjoyed Thanksgiving..they had it alone at their house...and that he wants Christmas to be the same way. ONly him, her, and their kids!!! Now mind you 2 of their kids are the ones I am making blankets for. I could feel my eyes swell up right there in the store. I said to her..I made you kids blankets and I really wanted to see the look on their faces when they opened them. She said to me.."well you can drop them off before Christmas if you want" I said I will just mail them to you hows that. Then she tells me I have no idea what to get you or your kids, so I am just doing gift cards!! Now mind you she is close to my kids sees them all the time. She should know what to get them!

I said I would make it easy on her...lets not do gifts at all and then told her I had to go. I literally went straight to the check out bought the frames sat in my car and cried!! I come from a big family. ANd up until the time my grandparents sold their house, that is where everyone gathered. Now, it seems that no one cares about getting together with others! The only ones that care anymore are my sister and brother. And I come from a big family.

I came home and basically cried on and off all day!!! As I sewed her kids their blankets. PEOPLE just dont realize how they effect other peoples lives. And I am begining to think they dont care.

When hubby got home, he said try not to be upset. He said that we are in our transition period. I said what the heck does that mean. He said the time when the elders have passed on and we have to learn to take on the holidays until we have grandchildren.

For the first time in 19 years my hubby has all the holidays off. And this is the worst year as far as money goes. BUT I need to focus on him and my kids.

Sorry for the rant all...I just know you ladies understand. So today Im going to finish up the other blanket for her kids. And I am putting up my tree and my outside lights, and try to have a merry Christmas.

Last edited by azcyn; 11-30-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Closed Thread