Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #76  

Debbie,

The maze secret isn't as complex as you have imagined. All plows, combines and harvesters have cool electronic equipment better than your car, but not as good as the space shuttle. They just programmed the gps coordinates to create the maize maze and ran it on autopilot. If the farmer has older equipment, he might have had to turn the steering wheel in the correct direction after the gps beeps.

Hugs,
Dr. Ratkity

PS Annie: A wise person once told me that G*d doesn't close a door without opening a window, but it's still a b**ch waiting in the hallway.

Last edited by Ratkitten; 10-11-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:09 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I've been lurking, after my Aunt's funeral I've been in shock still at how quickly she went from being diagnosed to dead. Eating hasn't been too bad but I've been in so much pain, Dr sen me to dentist, he checked me out & said my teeth are ok. Looks like I have neuralgia (self diagnosis from 'net & dentist thought so too) I cannot even describe the pain, I've had a broken leg set without anaesthetic & given birth without pain relief but believe me they are NOTHING!! Waiting to see the Dr. again, though I had an appointment on Friday but cancelled it as it stopped hurting, an hour later it was back! Grrrr...Anyway...
Anni my mum had breast cancer so had to have lots of mammograms, she said the SMALLER your boobs are the more it hurts, as there's less to 'squish' hoping yours are big, lol, in a nice way!xxxxx So sorry about your college course being cancelled, I hope something comes up for you soon. I'm glad your faith is such a comfort to you at times like this.xxxxx
Carol, oooh what a way to lose weight!! lol! I can't wait to see the pics of you in heels, I can JUST get away with 1 1/2" kitten heels, lol! What is your dress like?xxxxx
Debbie, sorry about the teeth. Is it you or or other Debbie waiting to see grand daughter? I have three boys & if I get a grand daughter she will be SO spoilt!xxxxx
Well I didn't lose this week but didn't gain either, so things could be worse. It looks like we're getting our dog back as my parents can't lift him to bath him (x2 a week as he's developed a skin condition) I'm so glad, I missed him so much after my parents took him home after the funeral. Sadly as he's 13 he can't go on such long walks as I'd like but it will be great to have 'company' now Steve is having to do night shifts again (just temporarily (sp?))
Well I WILL be posting regulaily now & keping up with everyone's news.xxxxx
xxxxxxsharon
PS Toni-I'm so sorry about your loss AND that NASTY TOAD, people like that need a good slap or at least teaching some manners, shame 'humanity' isn't COMPULSORARY at schoolxxxxxxx

Last edited by voodoo1; 10-12-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:30 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

Toni, wow, I bet it feels great to be in the 200's. An 80 lb loss, execellent!!!! I can't wait to get there my self, I haven't seen that number in many, many years. Every time I get to 300 I start to gain it back, don't know why I do it, I just do, but not this time! Anywhooooo, I hope you rewarded yourself with something just for you, because you deserve it!!!!!!

Bumblebee you hit the 200's too? Man, I know you really worked hard to get where you are, great work. I'm soooo jealous I am, green with envy.

Seems like everyone is on track and moving down the scale.

I need to make an appointment for my yearly physical, thanks for the reminder. I didn't loss any thing last week but I did have an "ah ha" moment today. I have a blouse that I wear over tank tops because I have never been able to button it all the way down. Well I put on my tank and then put the blouse on over it and it looks really big in through the chest and arm pit area, I'm thinking why does this look so big? so I hold it at the bottom and pull it together and it meets, I mean really meets, I can button it ALL the way down and it' even has about 2inches to spare!!!! I started laughing and laughing, here I am in the bathroom cracking up and my kids are like "Mom, whats wrong?" So I showed them and they were so proud because you see they had bought that blouse for me as a Christmas a couple of years ago and the only way I could wear it was open with something under it. YES, I was doing the happy dance

Happy week everyone!

Last edited by bigmomma; 10-12-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Morning Peeps - my feet hurt! The heels made it through the night - from 4 until after midnight. Not bad for not wearing heels in probably 20 plus years. I posted pics on the pic thread -I'm not happy with the way I looked in the dress but I'm not sure I ever will be.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #80  

Height: 5'7"

carol- you look amazing in the dress!! I cant imagne wearing heels that long..i wore them to DS wedding last year and thought i was going to die my ankles swelled up huge.LOL Maybe for DD wedding i will try heels again.
sharon_ yes its me with the tooth ache and waiting for a granddaughter. Her mom goes in tonight and she will be induced in the morning early. I can hardly wait..just praying its easy and the little lady is healthy!! OH she will be SPOILED trust me..1st grandchild on both sides!!!
well i am going to do some housework today because on tuesday im back to my babysitting job. Im making a pot of soup today..veggie. IM hoping i can eat it!!
hugs to all
Old 10-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Mimi: Sorry TOM has stopped by. I too get all “wacky” when he visits.

Bummblebee: Congrats on meeting your goal!!!

Debbie: A trained goat?? That is just too cute!!! Wonder if I can teach my cats that lol. I am guessing no.

Brandnewme: SNOW??? Ahhh I would love to have a little snow.

Cfmama: WTG for being on plan 15 days!! You rock!!

Ratkitten: LOL on your God comment!!!!!! So true I spend a lot of time in the hallway.

Carol: You look smashing darling!!!!!

Well last nights card game was wonderful!!! We were up til midnight!!

I went back to the dr's yesterday. My blood pressure is fine. She said that is was probably up last time because ALOT of women get anxious when they get a pap..humm wonder why. lol All my blood work is fine thank goodness. She said my good cholesteral was down a few points. It should be at about 50 and mine is at 44. She suggested fish oil pills. ANYONE here take those??? She is also refferrring my to the gyn dr there since TOM is wacky and heavy and I will have him around for 6 months then dont see him for 3 months..wacky stuff. I also have a refferal for the nitritional program they ahve there. She doesnt think my insurance will cover it...but if not I might try and swing it anyhow. I relaly could use the help.

Well today is a lazy day for me...sewing and watching movies for this chick.

Have a great day all!

toodles.......

Last edited by azcyn; 10-12-2008 at 11:41 AM. Reason: darn typos
Old 10-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #82  

Cyn,

I tried fish oil pills and my cholesterol, HDL and LDL were EXACTLY the same as the year before. Deja vu all over again. With that said, a friend of mine took them and his cholesterol dropped nearly 60 points with the good stuff HDLs going up too. Bottom line, it certainly can't hurt and maybe you'll be one of the lucky ons that it helps!

Luv,
Rat
Old 10-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Catherine, how did you do out there playing with hubby? I hope you beat the pants off of him!!!

brandnewme, sounds like you're getting the body a major workover!! Good for you! We all need to take care of the only body we'll ever have.

cfmama, YAY!!! for you!!! Those are all great NSV's that you had to go thru and you came thru with great success!!

Ratkity, sheesh, and here I thought they had to mark everything out and then very carefully cut away. Sheesh!!!

Sharon, sorry to hear about the pain you've been going thru. I hope you get in to see the doc soon and they can find yout what's causing it. It's the other Debi who is waiting for her grand daughter's arrival tomorrow!

bigmomma, ah that's so sweet that the kids got to see the blouse all buttoned up! What a great NSV!

Carol, I thought the dress was so pretty!! I still don't see how you managed those heels though. I would of been tripping and falling all over the place.

I had to throw one batch of jam away. It just looked icky and too foamy. I forgot to take the foam off before putting the lids on. So we made another batch this morning and it looks alot better. I don't like using frozen fruit. Fresh is so much better. Anyhow, hopefully once the grass dries from the overnight dew, we can get out there and get the yards done. I think it will be the last time for this year, hopefully
later
Debbie
Old 10-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debi: I hope your tooth is fixed asap in the morning. Hugs to you and a huge congrats on your new baby's arival.

Mimi: Sorry that you are experiencing depression. This is my 2nd day on Cymbalta and I am already not having any more panic attacks.

Bumblebee: Sounds like your family has had lots of health problems lately. Hugs. Congrats on meeting your first mini goal and getting under 300!!!

Debbie: Your experience at the corn maze sounds very similar to mine. lol. Glad you had fun though.

Catherine: Did you win?

Brandnewme: so happy to see you here. Glad you are back to where you were too hun.

CFmamma: Woo hoo to 15 days on plan! Way to go.

Rat: Hi there girl.

Sharon: hugs again about your aunt. Sorry you are in pain. My boobs are plenty big. lol. I wear a D cup right now and even when I am thinner my boobs are still a C cup. So maybe it won't hurt so much. lol.

Bigmomma: Super NSV on the blouse fitting you! Congrats.

Carol: I came here first so I will have to go see the pics you posted. I'm glad your fee survived.

Well, we had a bbq yesterday for a guy that DH works with and his 2 boys. It was a nice relaxing time. I feel so bad for the guy. His wife recently left him for a woman that my DH and he works with. It is very sad and he still loves his wife so much plus he is living with his brother that happens to live across the street from his exwife and children so he sees all the stuff going on there and when that woman that he works with is there and stuff. He seems like such a nice man. It was the first time I have ever met him.

I am down another pound today from my ticker but won't change anything until Friday to see what the tally will be then. Hopefully even less. lol. I hope you all have a wonderful op week. I'll chat with you again later.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 10-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #85  
BlockHead =)

Hi there, I am back from a day of shopping with my boy. DH is not feeling well, so it was just me and the boy.

bigmomma - what an awesome NSV! I think it's great that you are including your kids and that they are so proud of you! DS (10) is very supportive of my efforts and very honest about how I look in clothes. He is on the outer edges of the autism spectrum so he does not have a natural knack for little white lies that make people feel better, so I know his feedback is honest.

Sharon - I'm sorry for all that you have been going through. I think it's so great that you have maintained through such a stressful time. Great that you were able to continue to take care of yourself!

Ratkity - how did the knee hold up to mowing the lawn?

Bunny - I love the phrase that your DH uses with you and I think he's awesome for doing so! Do you do any kind of daily affirmation? I have one - it's long, and I've developed a sort of melody that goes along with it, so I kinda sing it to myself (either out loud or in my head depending). It helps.

Cyn - what are fabric Christmas balls? I am always looking ahead for ideas for next year even when I am still working on this year's presents
Great that the card game was fun! Glad that everything went well at the Dr's. I take fish oil pills daily and also give them to my son.

Annie - you rocked it this week! Getting back on track and having a 5lb loss! And you are so close to your next goal, I bet it will help you stay on track. Good for you that you are thinking positively about the unexpected changes in your life.

Debi - great job maintaining through this tough week!

Mimi - if you get to the point of "I absolutely have to exercise or my day will be incomplete" before I do, please share the secret - and if I get there first I'll share It's the thing I struggle with the most. I know how good it is for me. I know how good I feel after. But boy do I have a hard time with it. I'm trying Debbie's strategy of planning it the night before. We'll see how that goes. You are doing awesome though, and remember consistency not perfection is the key

Bumblebee: CONGRATULATIONS!!

Debbie - would you post the letters so we can all try to figure out the phrase? pleeeeeeease (I just love stuff like that). Glad you had fun at the maze We didn't end up going this year, hopefully we'll go again next year. As far as Christmas projects, this year I'm making a collection of good smelling things: definitely making: potpourri to simmer on the stove, scented salt dough sachets to hang in the closet, herbal paper sachets for drawers; maybe making: pine cones dipped in scented wax as fire starters, car air fresheners (I found a site that sells shaped blanks), candy cane bath salts, some sort of charcoal deoderizor for the basement. I will put everything in some sort of container.

Catherine - how was the disc golf?

brandnewme - great job getting back to where you were, it can be hard to get back on track, good for you!

cfmama - woohoo! You are doing so awesome! Great for you!

Carol - you look fabulous! So glad you had so much fun!

As for me - getting back on track with exercise and with eating enough and at the right times paid off. I was down another 1.5 pounds from my weigh in last Sunday. I just have to remember that I am nowhere near ready to this on autopilot. Maybe someday but not for a long while yet. Especially with the holidays coming - it's easy for me to use them as an excuse, I need to remember to keep planning to do the right things for myself.

Yesterday we were on the move most of the day, but I brought my snacks and foods along with me so that when I was hungry the right choices for me were available to me. And I didn't even get embarrassed when the rest of our usual weekend group (family and friends around our age) ordered the usual take out, and I got out my own meal. It's hard to explain but I have been reluctant to draw attention to the changes I've been making - well I talk to the girls some, but the guys tease a lot - not in a hurtful way, and never about my weight, but I guess I was afraid that if I brought attention to it they might do the teasing thing and I am not ready for that. But they didn't. They took it in stride. And one of the guys told his wife, who told me, that he had noticed I had been losing, that he can really see it in my face. That sort of genuine comment meant a lot to me.

Time to go drink some water, have a late lunch and get some exercise in.
Happy Sunday all!
Jen

Last edited by jeniansmom; 10-12-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Thank you all for the lovely comments - it is so hard to look at myself in a picture - let alone post them.

I think I need to go back to work to rest - things are almost caught up here though which feels good. Last load of laundry is in the dryer, nice chicken vegetable soup ready for lunch this week, bills paid, house clean (mostly) and groceries in.

Now it's time to think about what's for dinner. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

hugs,
Carol
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Thanks for the props guys, they are much appreciated!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:19 AM   #88  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

another one here with BIG TIME thanks for the congratulations! It's helping. Big time 16 days on plan!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!!

Don't post here! We're moving to a new installment!!!!
Closed Thread