Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 346/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I just came back from the gym and when I weighed myself there I was down an additional 2.5 pounds. That is such a nice feeling. I'm still smiling.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #47  

w00h00 Bunny!!

Luv,
Rat
Old 10-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #48  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

He's 6'5". Makes me feel like a shrimp. He's always telling me how short I am. I should reach up and punch him in the knee. I probably won't get to go to the pool tomorrow. I have an assignment due tomorrow by 5pm, and didn't get it finished tonight. Now I'm too tired to think good enough. If it doesn't snow, we're going to play a round of disc golf. No laughing, it's a good work out.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:14 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 307.5/301.5/159

I'm so excited!! I just got approved at the YMCA for financial assistance with the membership fee......it's only going to cost me $22 a month!!! I was getting very worried about how I was going to workout in the winter. I have been doing a ton of walking but that is hard to do in Michigan, in the winter. lol I knew I couldn't afford the $65 a month for the Y but my friend told me to apply for assistance and they called me the same day to say I was approved! GYM, HERE I COME!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:43 AM   #50  
BlockHead =)

Good morning everyone! Finally a few minutes to post

Penny - I hope your week became less stressful

Jacquie - welcome!

Toni - how's the water going? I have days where I drink double what I plan and others where I am struggling at the end of the day to get down my minimum. I've set my minimum relatively low (50 oz a day) in an effort to set myself up for success.

cyn - did you bowl "big balls" or "little balls"? (little balls = candlepin which is popular here). I have found that I don't like bowling on a league, but I do like to go occasionally (DH's family are big time bowlers) and I love bowling on the Wii. We have Wii parties every once in awhile and bowling seems to be the most popular game.

HilaryAnee: "nd I could tell I had been doing more exercising because I could walk around and not get winded like before!" what a great NSA!

Annie - I'm sorry things didn't work out at the other job, great that you were able to get back in at Netflix though. And great job getting back on track this week!

Debi - what fun with moving out all those too big clothes! Has the grandbaby come yet? Sorry that you haven't been feeling well. There have been a lot of sinus issues here too the last couple of weeks. Not fun

dfmama - you are doing awesome! woohoo!

Sorry that so many are up on the scale. I am fighting it myself. I have been getting forgetful about food, not planning as much. I find right now that I am actually eating less b/c work has been so busy, but it scares me to think that I could just as easily be eating more. Staying mindful while I'm busy/stressed is something I need to work at. I ate more yesterday than I have been in an effort to let my body know that I'm not starving it and I hope it will help get the scale moving in the right direction again. PMS is just around the corner which is worse than TOM for me.

Realist - do you have a celebration/reward in mind for when you hit the 50 lbs mark? I've been designing a tattoo (my first) that I probably won't get til after Christmas, but I'm having fun designing it! Oh, and how did the haircut turn out?

Ratkity - great news about the knee!

Carol - I'm so glad that things went so well with the new trainer! I bought an eball last year. I was so afraid of popping it that I bought one that will supposedly collapse slowly if popped!

Catherine - my DH if very hot blooded except his feet - he came close to frostbite when on a training exercise in the military and now I am his footwarmer in the winter! And, disc golf is fun! I haven't played in ages.

Mimi - congrats!

Debbie - yay that the scale is moving the other way, great job with the exercise - hmm preplanning exercise just like food, interesting idea, maybe that would help me too.

Bunny - yay for you!

Last edited by jeniansmom; 10-10-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #51  

Not a good week here!!! Grandbaby will arrive on monday. My sinuses are killling me still. I also have a tooth killing me! I thought maybe it was related to the sinus pressure but now i know the tooth is bad. I was up most of the night with it!!Got to try and get into a dentist today...plus my blood pressure was up this morning and I know its due to the sinus meds and pain. I am horrified of going to the dentist!!I have had a few horrible experiences and they have left me scarred and horrified.Im not talking just the normal fear!! I am talking full blown PANIC!! Please pray i can get in and dont lose it in the office!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

I had one of those not eating enough days yesterday and NO veggies - gotta change that today. Seems all I did was run around. Last nights class was different again - core and legs - I'm hoping my legs will feel better by tomorrow night. The big wedding is finally here so I need my legs to be stronger than today so I can be in my 3.5 inch heels all night. I'll try to get a pic in my new dress.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 10-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #53  

Veggies? What are they? Ut oh, that might explain some of the weight gain I've been having during my injury period.

deb, I am EXACTLY like you with the dentist. Full blown panic. I haven't been in a while. Good luck getting your tooth cared for. I have to say that I do have a dentist that is fabulous with folks like us.. too bad you don't live close so you could use him.

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkity
Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #54  

well dentist office is closed for the week. Cant get in till monday at the earliest....we are supost to be at the hospital at 7am on monday ...guess i will see how i feel and then decide what to do..I maybe waiting at her office at 8am on monday and tell her she has to work me in fast!!
got my blood pressure meds refilled and increased my dose for a few days to counteract the sinus meds. fun fun..
Rat- I like my dentist that we use now..she is real gentle...my blood pressure being high scared me bad..my sil died in the dentist chair due to her blood pressure and the meds they gave her. So I am even more horrified than before!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Hilaryanne: WTG with the YMCA!! I go there...and you getting the assistant is great!!

jeniansmom: I bowl with a regular ball when I go. BUT I do bowl on the lane with the kids that have the bumpers LOL I swear if I didnt have bumpers there would only be gutter balls..and that is not a fun time!

Bunny: I love your avitar..I need to fix me up a halloween one.

As for me...we watched that movie last night..Baby Mama...it wasnt as funny as I thought it would be..but still good enough to watch. My allergies have been acting up the past few days. Every call I get at work people are like are you sick..no just allergies as usual.

Debbie54: Thanks for the glass of water..i needed it!

I have friends coming sat night to play games..just us girls!!! yeah!!

Toodles ladies...drink your water!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 346/Ticker/150

I have to travel soon and peace of mind is feeling better and better with each pound lost. I hate flying, and I've read all the horror stories here and elsewhere. I've been lucky so far with people not totally putting me down and fitting okay into places, but the fear kinda eats at me. o.0 Most of the time people avoid looking at me on planes like I'm invisible, which I prefer to the alternative. I've only had one person treat me like my weight was contagious, but she took it into her own hands to move, so in the end I had a free seat next to me and was totally fine with it. I've got enough crap going on in my head at my self to really be too worried what strangers think, but if I can avoid any confrontation the better my trip will be. Plus I have 5 flights during the week and it would help not to be a basket case of self hate over feeling like I'm putting other people out because of my size or any of the hundreds of things I feel bad about because of this. I've found that keeping my iPod headphones on and either knitting or reading helps to keep people away from me during a flight so that's always nice.

RatKity - Thank you.

HilaryAnne - That is GREAT!! I'm glad you got into a gym dealie over there before the cold really sets in. Fewer excuses makes it so much easier to stay on your plan. Oddly I find it easier to work out at the gym in cold months than in summer.

jeniansmom - Thank You.

dgramie - That sounds like a heckuva way to spend the next few days in pain like that. Is there an emergency dentist or another office they can recommend you go to for this? I hope you feel better soon. (and I'm with you on the whole dentist thing, panic attack central!)

gggirls - I hope you remember to eat today and that your feet feel better for your kickass shoes.

azcyn - Thanks, I made it myself a few years ago.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #57  

Well I packed my tooth with dental wax and it isnt hurting. I guess it keeps food and air out.
WE finished cleaning out daughter clothes today..so I feel good knowing its all done now. I am actually feeling really good today overall. I have more energy than the past few days and my sinus pressure is alot better now.
I made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup..yummy to the tummy and easy on the mouth...lol
Im going to go and walk a bit before it gets dark. I was told no real workout until the tooth is fixed.
cant wait to see what the scales say tommorow ...
hugs
Old 10-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Pampering in season around here - yesterday a nice new haircut and eyebrows waxed - today manicure and pedicure. I think I had 10 pound of rough skin on my feet (new weight loss tool) - I should have been embarrassed at how bad they were but instead I just relaxed and enjoyed. I wish we had good friends getting married more often - or maybe I should just pamper myself more.

I'm feeling the pain of last nights workout - it's a good pain though. Makes me know we're working unworked parts. It also seems to be taking me about 24 hours for the pain to hit - delayed muscle reaction or something like that - she said its also a good thing - says the muscles aren't as bad off. I also like the fact her name is Jill - she pushes but in a positive way. Yep - she definetely pushes.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 10-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #59  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Bunny, I had an experience like yours with the person next to me trying to get away from my body and hissing like I sat next to her on purpose. She moved after the plane took off. I felt like punching her as I was in a bad mood anyway. I was flying home from burying my mom so it was not a good day.

On a lighter note,,,,,I DID IT! I am under 300 now! Can you see my smile and see me dancing?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #60  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Been missing you all this week. But doing MOH stuff, preparing slide show on power point, struggling on speach, final dress fitting, blanching carrots, beets, & roasting squashes all for the freezer. Will try to get caught up on some personals later!
Closed Thread