Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1179

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307.5/301.5/159

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I know that mine was busy, busy, busy!! I walked around ALL Saturday at our Band Competitions. ( I work with a HS Marching Band) We had a double header with lots and lots of walking and I could tell I had been doing more exercising because I could walk around and not get winded like before! YEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

It's Monday morning!!! Hope you all have a great day!
WI yesterday was up. GRRR I did not do well on water this week. Stress is not helping and TOM to come sometime too. Hooray for me! Getting kids ready for school so just checking in. Penny
Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #4  

scales were up for me too...tom is making his appearance.GRRRR
I have the week off work and plan to do some deep housecleaning to get ready for the holidays season. Just cant decide which room to start my cleaning in.LOL I think maybe the bedroom and swap out seasons of clothing..should be fun seeing how all my last winter clothing are size 26-28s. I hope to bless someone with the clothes who need them.
I may go to the living room after i do the bedroom and take down blinds and curtians and such..fun fun work work
hugs to all
Old 10-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Helloooo I'm new and this is my first time posting in the weekly thread lol. I don't think my weight has changed, but I did eat a bit too much over the weekend. Too much dark chocolate for me, I've been craving it for a few days lol.

Today I'm getting over a cold and am making myself go for a walk, then tomorrow I want to start my exercise routine. I want to exercise almost every day this week, with one day for rest. Also cleaning, I need to do that lol. My apartment is a mess. ACK!

Bah! I need to buy a new scale. Mine is a bit funky and at times I think it is teasing me with lower weight numbers. *kicks it*
Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #6  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I hope I am not catching what my husband had last week, I am feeling out of sorts and achy. I did real well on my eating this weekend but for some reason the water is harder to get down. I think it might be the cooler weather, I don't feel like I'm thirsty at all. I know you should not wait until you are thirsty but knowing that is not really helping me with the glugging. Do you all just force yourselves to drink?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniLight View Post
I hope I am not catching what my husband had last week, I am feeling out of sorts and achy. I did real well on my eating this weekend but for some reason the water is harder to get down. I think it might be the cooler weather, I don't feel like I'm thirsty at all. I know you should not wait until you are thirsty but knowing that is not really helping me with the glugging. Do you all just force yourselves to drink?
I have this issue with not eating enough and not drinking enough. Ha imagine someone like me on a juice feast struggling to get 2 quarts of juice in a day lol. To me that is A LOT of liquid, but some people just seem to down those liquids with no problem. I struggle with drinking enough and found that when I drink out of your average glass I drink less than when I drink out of a 32oz bottle. I'm not sure why that is...

I also have berry cold brew tea bags, that makes it interesting and I do drink more when my water is pink and tea/berry.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

brandnewme: sooo sorry about the movie seats! I totally understand! I only go to on theatre by me cause they have stadium seating and the arm rests lift up! So if I go with friends or hubby they have to share their seat with me!..makes nice for cuddling with hubby though lol unless its a screy movie..hes a jumper..makes me nervous lol cause I always know hes gonna jump lol

Anne: Love Love Love the new avitar!!

Heather: If ya just give the students all A's you'd ahve more time ...lol and I am sure they wouldnt mind either.

Well my weekend was jam packed! Saturday took my youngest son to chop his hair off. hehe He like my oldest son let his hair grow out and is not tired of dealing with it. Then took my oldest son to the theatre for his orientation. His poor gf hand to hang out with me an my youngest as we went shopping til he was done. Sunday was my nephews birthday..he is 8 already!!! It was a pool party and then bowling in the evening. I had fun bowling. I only did one game. but it was a blast..my average you ask...88 LOL Im just happy that is one thing I can still do.

Today..back to the grind! I am not looking forward to sitting in my cubical all day! Now that it is getting cooler here..93 or so... I am hoping on my breaks to take them outside!!

Hope yall have a great day...

Toodles
Old 10-06-2008, 10:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning everyone,

I only have a minute before I need to brush my teeth and head out to my new job.

Debbie: Unfortunately I couldn't do Netflix and this job due to hours crossing. I really liked the Netflix one but it was only 12-15 hours per week. I hope that your crafts can help you with night time eating.

Brandnewme: Hugs to you hun. I'm sorry that things are so bad right now. I think there won't be many of us here on this board that don't know exactly how you feel about going to the movies. I soooo remember many things like that happening to me. I hope that you can use it to push yourself to exercise and eating well. Hugs sweetie.

Hillary: Welcome to our little neck of the woods. Glad that you are here with us.

Penny: Sorry that your wi wasn't a great one. AT least you know it is TOM.

Debi: Sorry about your WI too. I am in the same boat as you. Still up and knowing it is TOM. It should help to know that but there is such a fear in me that it is something else. lol. I know it can't be but there is just that fear that I will gain, gain and gain again. I hope you are so happy when you go through all your clothes! I also hope that you can have some time to enjoy your week off work not just cleaning.

Jacquie: Welcome. Glad to have you here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Toni: I hope you don't get sick. Hugs. I kind of have to force myself to drink. I start very early, as early as I can and just sip, sip, sip all day long.

Cyn: Sounds like your weekend was a busy one.

Well, I think I am caught up for now. I am all ready except brushing my teeth and putting on my blouse. I am wearing a pink and black skirt with a black silk shirt. I am so happy that I didn't put my shirt on yet because I promptly spilled iced tea on my jammie top. lol. I have a great lunch packed full of protein and not too many calories. I have had my morning protein shake and my vitamins. I wasn't able to exercise this morning but I am hoping to take my tennis shoes and maybe do a little walking at lunch time. Where I will be working there is a gym there with tons of weight lifting equiptment and a pool. Hmmmm. My little brain is thinking about maybe being able to lift some weights 3 times a week and also maybe I can take their water aerobics classes too. I will ask today.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day. My day will be full with working then a few errands to do and exercise so I don 't know when I can get back on. Stay strong, drink your water, eat well and move your bodies.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 10-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Annie - wow - this could be a dream job for you - keeping my fingers crossed. You may be able to handle multiple positions there, including water fitness instructor. Let us know - big ole hugs to you today!

Toni - I do have to chug my water at times but I also have a pretty rigid schedule of how much I have to have in by a certain point in the day. 16 ounces before I leave for work - 24 ounces before I leave for lunch - 24 more at lunch - 24 before I head home for the evening and then 24 more before I go to bed. I also drink 16 ounces during that night during my many trips to the bathroom. Frequently I drink more than that but that is my minimum. I do it without ice and from a big cup - comes out faster than in a bottle for me. Good luck with it - if you are coming down with a bug you need you water even more.

More later - I'm joining the scale is up - tomorrow is WI so hoping it will come down a bit by then - I can't blame TOM though.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 10-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

I am soooo disgusted and upset. Hope I don't make anyone get grumpy. I went into my new job only to have them say that my hours won't be from 8:30 - 5:30 with an hour lunch but they will be 8:30 - 7 p.m. with 2 1/2 hour lunch most days. They don't pay overtime so you have to take the extra time worked as lunch. I can't work that many hours. I wish they would have told me prior to me taking the job. I let them know that those hours won't work for me. They said they understand but need someone to work them so they will be continuing to look. I graciously left.

On a good note I was so fired up that on my way home I stopped by a gym and asked them if they were doing any hiring for part time receptionist or any thing else clerical. They said they may be and I left them my application. I called Netflix to see if I could get my position back there and they were thrilled. I am making the 650 per hour quota plus some and they were so bummed that I left. SO,I'm back at Netflix tomorrow a.m. I'm happy about it cause I like that job. They told me maybe they can get me more hours. I am definately going to just apply for other part time positions to fill in the financial gap until I finish school. I can't do the full time thing right now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I will chat with you all later.
Blessings all,
Annie
Old 10-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

Sorry to hear your job didn't work out. But lucky you on getting your job back at Netflix, at least you'll still have an income
What is your position at Netflix?

Happy Monday to all.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Sorry about the job Annie, that stinks. 2.5 hour lunch? Whatever.

I went to get my hair done for vacation....but I was two days early. Oops. I really want short hair, but I have a fat face that I don't think is conducive to it. But I want it. Argh.

Not much more to add tonight.

Later...
Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #14  

Well cleaning out my winter clothing was a GREAT feeling. I bagged up 4 large trash bags full of clothing. It was great to try on just a few things to remind myself how far I have come!! I sure hope someone can use them. The thrift store wont take them till wed. I am doing our youngest room also and she will have tons as well. It was also neat hanging up all the thrift store items i have been buying for months. ITs a weird feeling not being fimilar with my winter clothing. I do have some really cute outfits!! I also have a stack of things i have bought that are still to tight. I should be in them by mid season.
Annie_ cleaning makes me feel good and in control. I love nothing more than a clean decluttered house. I am hoping to spend the last half of the week getting to see my granddaughter..we are hoping she will come this week(be delivered). Its getting hard waiting.
well ladies i am going to go lay down in my nice clean bedroom and watch tv for a bit. hugs to all

Last edited by dgramie; 10-06-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #15  

toni_ I find the more I drink water the more water I want. I go thru spells where i have to make myself drink it..but for the most part I love it!!
Closed Thread