Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #61  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Zelma- i forgot that you are coming in the winter time. what dates are you coming. a lot of stuff goes under construction after the 6th or so of January.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #62  

B]Welcome Mary[/B] This is a great support!
Merksie Good job to go walking! And for getting back on the plan after a small stop!! We all do that the most important thing is not to abondon the plan!
Today it was my co-worker last day!!She is moving and now I have to find her replacement and train them... I am getting stressed about it!!
On a happier note ....I walked at one of my fav spots tonight for a hour ....Around the baseball fields ...Love to watch the men in their uniforms...lol Thats motivation for this single girl he he.I will have to bring my camera next time !!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Catherine, I got the book today! So far I'm amazed at the life you've led. You have guts lady!!!!
I sure hope himself remembers where he left the card and can get it for you.

Bernice, I'm up for the photo walk. Although mine is just on a gravel road right now, there are some pretty sights along the way.

Angels, o yeah!! Definitely take pics of those men in uniform. I might be married, but I can still look!

I took my Mom to her MRI, but she's got claustrophobia so bad, even with the two Xanex they gave her didn't help. She got the wrong time too, poor Mom. It was suppose to be for 12:30 and we were there at 11:30. I just hate seeing my parents getting old
Old 06-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #64  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Luan - Oh dear... not good news. We are there for Jan 6th and 7th. Do you think it is still worth going, or would we be better off spending those days elsewhere?

More in a little while... I'm still home sick and under doctor's orders to rest TOTALLY. I think typing on here will be permitted huh?

Zelma
Old 06-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #65  

Tomorrow I am going to so sore ...Just mowed the front and back lawn!!Where is that magic lamp!!LOl Angels
Zedus take care of yourself and get better soon!

Last edited by angels4u; 06-18-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #66  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Zelma - AH!! thats so unfortunate. you are going to JUST miss all of the awesome holiday stuff they do (they even make it snow) is there any way you could come a few days earlier. my feeling is that the weekend will be the last days. thats how they usually do it. they have an awesome christmas parade and fireworks that end in snow (it really snows - im not telling how) plus some of the rides are changed out and holiday themed. its still kinda worth it to go, because if you go those days at least the lines should be a bit shorter.

so i have good news! i talked to annie today and were going to lunch on friday!! YAY!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Luan - I am so excited you get to have lunch with "our" Annie. I wish I was close enough to have lunch with one of these wonderful people.

I think I'm going to love the swimming each night when I get home - great way to get my exercise in and stress relief after a day at the office.

Zelma - always great to see you - hope you feel better soon.

Debbie - I'd love to see gravel roads. How is SB going?

Ria - you are doing awesome - love reading your posts!

Kirsti - a belated welcome to you! You won't find a better support group than this group - keep posting - I look forward to getting to know you.

Rat - thinking of you and the captn.

Angels - sleeping any better? When I first start eating healthy I always have trouble sleeping - I don't know what to do with the excess energy I have from not having junk to "weigh" me down.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:07 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

OK - I really wasn't done

Penny - how's the water? The levee was breached in the old river town my dads family all lives in - hope you are high and dry.

Dusty - I meant to ask about your sis - thanks for mentioning her. Just reading your intervention post brought back the pain of my family talking at me. At that point I was not ready and it really made me mad. I'm not sure I've forgiven them yet.

Catherine - I think it's the frozen hot dog toe throwing that has you excited about tomorrow.

Debbie - have you tried baby powder or human hair for the rabbit problem? My tomatoes seem to be rotting from the bottom up.

Bernice and Debi - I did my measurement - I gained 2 inches - gotta be the full moon! My clothes are not only a smaller size but starting to fit losely - I'm not going to sweat it - I am OP, drinking water and in control. Feels great.

Tricia - nice to see you pop in! I was wondering how you're doing.

Mary - welcome - you've got the right idea! Keep on posting.

Catherine - was the card located? I sure hope so!

Julia - you will love Curveballs - hard to put it down.

OK - I think that gets me up to speed - lots going on here. I'm so excited about the fruits and veggies that are coming in season. Tonight I "fried" zucchini in olive oil spray with roasted garlic - wow it was great along side my fish.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 06-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

carol -- we grilled some zucchini and summer squash last night -- they were excellent!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:08 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Luan, tell Annie we said hi and we miss her. Hope she's having a great time. Enjoy the lunch!!

Carol, I'm doing great on SB. I find it so easy to do and there's great recipes on the thread that have turned out to be yummy and very filling. I can't even get all my calories in like I used to, but I'm getting close. I'll take some pics of our gravel road.
Nope, I haven't tried that for the bunnies. I've also heard about mothballs keeping them at bay. I'm losing enough hair to probably line the whole garden with it. YIKES!!!

Catherine, well, I'm done with the book already. I couldn't put it down. It's truly an amazing story.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:52 AM   #71  

Thanks gggirls I slept the pretty well the last night. I was so tired last night ...lol Maybe I need to offer to mow the neighbors lawns....It is cloudy here this morning......But the sun is suppose to come out in the afternoon...Hope you all have a great day!! Angels
Old 06-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #72  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies,
I felt so lost this morning...I usually read every few hours being at home all the time. Well after being gone yesterday and not reading last night I was so far behind.LOL
I picked a few yellow squash last night and an zuch. I had to pick the squash really small...but its better than them rottening on the plants. I may try washing a few blooms and cooking them since Catherine says they are so great! I also picked our first bell pepper. I am amazed at how fast peppers grow.Now if my tomatoes would get ripe,my plants are loaded!! We have a few larger than a softball.

I got 2 outfits yesterday at Burlington coat factory. One is a really soft wind suit and the other is 3/4 length sleeves and pants. I think it will be nice to wear to church. Its kinda strange I kept picking up 2 and 3 x stuff...I am hoping to be in reg dept by winter.(praying)
I got to see the bedding my
DIL has picked out its so pretty!! I got some stuff to make a few more craft projects. I also got my granddaughter to be a soft purple blankie.

debbie_ Good luck with those rabbits. I have a friend who uses human hair in her garden. Mom buys a powder to sprinkle and it really kept them out and deer also.

angel_ glad you slept...you can come mow my yard anytime...hubby wont mind at all.LOL

Heather_ do you use a grill basket for your veggies on the grill??

carol_ I wouldnt worry about it either..you know you have lost!! The scales show that!

luan_ give annie a hug from us and have her give you one from us as well. Have a wonderful time!!!

zelma_ get better!!!

catherine_ any idea how many calories are in a blossom??

Justmary_ welcome! Hope you enjoy being here as much as I do!!

dmpls_ Im horrible with a camera...my kids will look back at older pictures and joke..well mom took that one...no head!! LOL I will try it when daughter gets home with her camera!

merski- hope you have a great day today...i do so much better with my eating on days i dont go out to eat!! I also noticed I was starving yesterday after eating lunch out.I only had one roll at redlobster...but i guess i am really carb sensative now.

Im getting my shoes on and heading out for my walk. Im cooking squash for breakfast! ( im weird I know)
debi

Last edited by dgramie; 06-19-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #73  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

debi-If I had to guess on the calories in squash blossoms, I'd figure them up like lettuce. I wouldn't think it would be high.

I've got my feet up resting for tonight. This is the first pre-season football game against last year's Grey Cup winner. That's the Canadian football league's Superbowl. It's not quite like Calgary, but it is second to that, so it should be at least 30,000 people. Plus, it is a beautiful day. The high is supposed to be 66-70F, with clear blue skies. Hopefully that means not too much hot chocolate.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

debi -- no grill basket. I cut them on the bias so they won't fall through the grate.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #75  

Height: 5'7"

Catherine_ i sprayed a pan with cooking spray and place 2 large blooms in it and they wilted and slightly browned. I added a 1/2 of string cheese and put it on a ww shell. It was good. something different!! Might do it again! LOL
I didnt count the calorie because i only used 2 flowers.

Heather_ thanks for the cutting on the bias idea.
debi
Closed Thread