Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #121  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Well it's still hot and miserable but we're almost to vacation day! Today is a lot of errands...hair and nails, bank and Target. Then we're invited up to some friends' new house for dinner and I have to bring a salad. They are hoping that the heat will start to break a little bit and that as the week goes on the temps will drop into the 90's and be around 92 by next weekend... which after 115 sounds lovely.

Jason is a collector. He has a huge comic book collection which he adds to on a bi-monthly basis (or so) and that is what the majority of the storage unit is, as well as the floor of the closet and a few other boxes. Currently he is not adhering to our deal which is that all the books in the house have to be in boxes and I don't want to look around and see them stacked on top of the boxes. Then he has his graphic novels and has a whole bookshelf of those. Then he plays a strategy game that uses character pieces. He runs games most Saturdays (HUGE bone of contention) and those pieces and supplies are also overly plentiful. They are not loose all over the place but they still take up a tremendous amount of space in the office...almost an entire modular 3 x 3 shelving unit and the space on top. Then there are the various other collections, many of which he has said he will part ways with on eBay...but that is yet to happen. So the stuff accumulates. It is more or less organized but I feel like I am drowning in it because it's everywhere and I feel like it's his defense against having to grow up...his protective cocoon of "big kid stuff." Hence my annoyance. Me taking reponsibility for thinning the herd would not end well. Oh and on top of that...he keeps things...just because. There are boxes and boxes of old bank statements and bills..from 10+ years ago. Even the best organizations experts say that is unnecessary.

So that's the clutter situation. It will be nice to not see ANY OF IT for 3 days.

Zelma I'm glad you're feeling better!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #122  

I introduced myself earlier this week and never made it back and now I don't have time to catch up but I wanted to say thank you to the warm welcomes!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Ria, good luck at the tournament!

Julee, I hope that your friend gets her house in order so she doesn't lose the relationship. I understand what you mean now about hubbys collection. I'm the same way, I have a bunch of stuff, but it's orderly. I'm amazed at how some of those people on CH have their homes with just a path thru all the crap.
I'll try and start waving some of our cool weather down your way. It just sounds miserable down there, but I've got my basting brush ready!

Zelma, glad to hear your feeling better and were able to get out and enjoy the day.

kirsti, just stop by when you can and update us on what's happening out your way!

Last night the fireworks were great. They also had a band that played pretty much all genres of music. It was just so nice to get out there and relax and watch the people and all the children having so much fun. I didn't have any strawberry shortcake. Wasn't even tempted. Today we're going to go do some more stuff outside and go get some propane so we can have some barbequed stuff . I hope to get some dirt to plant my jasmine in too. We have tons of low spots and I think that is what killed my magnolia tree, so I don't want the jasmine to end up the same way.
Have a great day!
Debbie
Old 06-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #124  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies!

I joined the 5k, though it will take me a few days to manage it. Might as well get started sooner rather than later, and if I can do a 5k, I won't have any excuse to not exercise otherwise!

I am unpacking, cleaning, doing laundry, and trying to avoid getting the summer cold that seems to be going around. I really need to get some grocery shopping done at some point, too. I just wanted to check in quickly before I get distracted. I will be back later to post! Have a great day chickies!

Last edited by brandnewme; 06-22-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: left out a word =)
Old 06-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #125  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

just uploaded the gift I made for my son's girlfriend it's on my blog if you want to take a look at the pics I fixed up for her....
Old 06-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

kirsti -- Don't worry about all the personals. Do let us know how you're doing.

brandnewme -- Yay on the 5k. Just do a bit at a time and I bet you'll be surprised and impressed with yourself!

I spent the afternoon continuing my scuba certification -- this time, open water diving. I was less freaked out than last week. I still don't feel I do it all well, but I'm getting better!

Last edited by Heather; 06-21-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello All!
Well it has been a long week. Flood waters have been going down so that is a good thing. It got a little close to sons home, but he never had to evacuate. The closest it came to us was about 8 miles. I am just glad that they are opening up some roads that were closed. It sure made some people a lot of miles out of the way to get to places.
Well, I just found out that I am going back to part time again. It is alright with me I guess, only the paychecks will be small again, and will start on July 1st. That is when we were taking vacation for a couple of weeks anyway. So I called the person who was going to fill in for me and told them that they didn't have too. I am ready for a break. We are going camping for 2 weeks. The kids are excited as they can swim everyday. We have a campground that we are members of and they have a workout room and pool. Hubby likes it too. And we can bicycle ride alot. So we are looking forward to it. Our oldest son and his girlfriend have the 1st-7th off, so they are going with us. Then young daughter has girlscout camp 7th-9th and I will be off work until the 13th. So YEAH! I am ready for the hubby to be home. He has been in Texas for over a week and will be home late Tuesday eve.
Younger daughter and I just went on a bicycle ride, it is so nice outside. Not sure how far we went. We live in a very hilly little town and were all over it. It has been a few days since riding and I could really tell it in my legs. Tomorrow WI so I hope well. It has been that happy joy-joy time of the month and a stressful week. I am hoping for loss or stay same. I don't feel like a gain, but you never know.
Older daughter decided that this new boyfriend was not for her so they broke up! Little sister says that she better not start picking on her again! HA! HA! Maybe she won't have time with dad coming home Tuesday and then home all week with them.
Zelma-glad you are feeling better!
Debbie54- Fireworks sound neat! I love watching them. It sounds like you were able to relax. Not tempted for strawberry shortcake? Wow, good for you girl! I hope you enjoyed your day.
Julee-sorry it is so hot there. We are all collectors here and have lots, so don't inventory my house! HA! HA! I have a small house so it is full but not cluttered. I am busy going through things today as it is time again. I have to do it every so often. Hubby is a big kid too! But I don't mind. He works and comes home and enjoys to have "stuff". That is what he calls it! I could give some of it another name. HA! HA! The old bank statements and other papers would so have to go though. That is way to long! Enjoy your 3 days!!!!
dgramie-YEAH on your loss!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! I think the water helps too.
Catherine-glad to hear interview went well!
Ratkitten-sorry about Captain.
Dusty-yes, I agree stay off the knee/leg you don't want it to get worse!
My hubby used to have alot of trouble with his knees until he started to lose weight. You are doing the right thing.
Merksie-glad to hear you are enjoying walking! Keep going girl! I am proud of you.
Carol-sign me up!!
Well, I am going to go to bed! Have a great day tomorrow all! Penny
Old 06-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #128  
Dusty

S/C/G: 327/306/150

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi chickies,

I did well today. I admittedly didn't go to the doctor, but my knee is doing better. It seems more of a knot on the upper part of my shin than my knee anyhow—upon closer inspection. I worked out on the treadmill, on the wii fit and then I went and babysitted my boss’s 4 year old. THAT workout was WAY more intended than anything else I did this week. Kid’s are amazing, they really have stamina and I had a great time but I am shocked how tired I am—and how grateful I am to be home again! Phew!

Tired!
Dusty
Old 06-22-2008, 08:25 AM   #129  

WI= -1 lb. YEAH a loss! I didn't sleep well, I think it was the bike ride. Maybe I pushed it too much. I will keep going though. Today will be a good day! Penny
Old 06-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Penny - here's the link to sign up - glad you're doing it

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143131

Looks like Debi and Brandnewme signed up too! Let's see I think we have 8 so far - that's over 24 miles between us.

I am stiff and sore today - I'm not sure what method I used to weed yesterday but it was a different set of muscles. And I moved all of my large pots that filled are weighing about 80 pounds each - some I moved 3 or 4 times. It's not the carrying it's the lifting to carrying height that always gets me.

Brandnewme - great to see you and hearing you are getting settled.

I'm having a great OP week - I found a new grilled cod recipe I will try tonight or tomorrow - I'll post it if it's good (I'm not a fish eater).

Keep on moving, drink you water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 06-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #131  

G'morning all,

You aren't going to believe what I found yesterday, a used Wii at GameStop!!!! 30 day guarantee, but no Wii Sports or paperwork. Still, it was a steal in price!! I haven't gotten Wii Fit yet, but did get the Wii DDR and another crazy game. The Wii DDR was fun, but I had to disable the arms and funky feet gimmick. The sensor didn't want to pick up the arm motions or I kept missing. I probably have to place the hand sensor somewhere else (like up higher). I'm still in shock that I found a Wii and got it cheapo

The bad news is that someone keyed my driver's side door on my new car. Not sure why. Probably some kids wandering around bored at night now that school is out. *sigh* Another thing to fix.

Today is going to be full of chores. I desperately need to go grocery shopping. I was scraping the bottom of the barrel yesterday for supper. My frig is filled with water, vitamin water, diet soda and condiments.. hehe!

Hugs to all (especially to my sweet lurkers),
Ratkitten
Old 06-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #132  

Carol- wholly bologny, you are lifting that much weight! Be careful we wouldn't want you to get a hernia or something. Do you lift weights?
Ratkitten- we have a Wii and I have only played it a couple of times. The girls really like it. Hubby and me are looking into getting the Wii fit. Maybe it will be a reward for achieving a goal!
Penny
Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #133  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Finished Catherine's book yesterday! WOW is my first reaction. There are so many of us who are proud of you Catherine. And you have inspired me. Thanks

Dad was home from Dubai. Saw him yesterday for a bit with new girlfriend. It was my Oma's 85 birthday party (him mom). Nice to see aunts and uncles and cousins and thier kids. Everyone has grown up so much. Its hard to wrap my head around it. Kinda long for the good old days when all the grand kids were little and there was 25 of us. And almost all of are now married with kids.

Today we are having my dd birthday party today. Her bday is not till July 24. But last year the party was a 100% no show. She was devestated. Even those who RSVPed called and cancelled last minute. So this year I figured we would try before the school year ends. Does anyone else have problems getting people to RSVP?? Where are manners????? I had one mom call at 11 asking if it was ok for the daughter to come. The party is at 2. Good thing for extras.

Have a great day will do personal later.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

brandnewme, How's the unpacking going? I joined the 5K too. I did the Memorial Day one and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I did the 3 mile WATP and then the rest on the treadmill. Hope you enjoy it. It feels good to finish something that you don't think you can do.

Bernice, the gift turned out really nice. You're very creative and talented!!

Heather, how did the open water diving go?

Penny, all the camping makes me wish I still had all my stuff. I miss it sooooo much!!! Enjoy the time off that you have with the family. Sounds like it's really going to be nice.
Good news on the 1lb gone!!!

Dusty, for you on doing all that IE!!!

Carol, Wow!!! You're one strong lady to be movin' the 80lb pots like they were nothing!!! Take care of the achy body.

Ratkity, WHAT A SCORE!!! I'm surprised someone turned one in! Yep, the hand thingies I don't even do. I'm lucky to get my feel moving the right way much less worry about the hands too. Is it alot like your other DDR?
That sucks about your car. Hopefully the insurance will pay.

Julia, glad to hear you got to spend some quality time with the family. It's so amazing to see people after a few years and here they are all grown up. Time sure flies. Catherine's book is pretty amazing, isn't it?

Yesterday we worked our A** off. We made a new planter for my parents, moved rocks yet again, made another planter on our side and then weeded some of the gardens. I'm pooped but today is inside work. Laundry, vacuuming and whatever else needs to be done. I gotta say, with all the veggies I'm eating, I've got lots of enery and I think I'm wearing Jim out!!! I keep starting things and then he likes to come over and take over. I won't let him do the flower beds though. He doesn't know a flower from a weed!
Hope all are having a great Sunday!
Debbie
Old 06-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #135  

Hi All,

I hope everyone had a great weekend....Home from camping now tackling loads and loads of lanundry....How can a single girl have so much wash?
Closed Thread