Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1143

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!

Last edited by MamaBplus3; 01-28-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!

Just thought that I would start the new thread since it looks like I am the first one on this morning!!

Yesterday was completely nuts...we had to be there at 8:30 and I wasn't allowed to stay...which was ok because all the other girls there (over 100) were all around Sammi's age, so I didn't think too much could possibly go wrong since it was so crowded. I stayed in my car and read the Sunday paper, and did some more sewing on my Great-Nephew's blanket...yes girls, it's the one that was suposed to be finished in time for his birth (May 18th,2007!!) which hopefully will be done by his 1st Birthday!!!
They were supposed to be done by 12 (yeah, right) and had I known it would go on until 3PM, I would have left and come back. Most of it was shot outside in the cold and the girls had to be in the "crowd" with no coats on. I was a little perturbed by 3pm, and since my DD was schmoosing and taking pictures with the band...I kinda lost it with her. I think 6 hrs sitting in a car with one emergency (almost exploding bladder) bathroom run to McDonalds(without even buying anything!) gave me the right to be mad. Of course I blew my eating when I got home, and I feel a little guilty for screaming at her, but life goes on.
I had Doug drag my Gazelle out of the garage and started off this am with 20 minutes. I have to get serious now, even if this stupid heel still hurts...I am tired of being a slug!! Plus you ladies motivate me to do something. It still burns both my feet by the end of the 20 mins, and I have to make sure I don't kick Jack in the head, but maybe it will get better as time goes by.

Time to put the warpaint on and get ready for work...don't wanna scare anyone!!!
Have a Great Day!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #3  
Dusty

S/C/G: 327/306/150

Height: 5ft 8in

Mama B - Ugh, I used to get sooo mad waiting for my sister to be done with her various events, and after school pick ups and sometimes I would feel bad too for getting so irrationally mad. But it's okay, I am sure your daughter doesn't take it too personally when you got mad, I never got upset with my mom for that.....especially after I got a taste of what waiting forever was like from my sis! Also, I have the bladder the size of a pea and so I was constantly having to make those emergency runs too! It's just exhausting! Oh, and I had a gazelle too but I traded it for a treadmill when I kept kicking my poor puppy dog!

I'm pretty excited for my diet/work out regime! I have been going strong for two weeks. My sister is also doing the work outs (she is so skinny, sometimes I just want to accidentally knock her over...whoops! haha not really though). We do belly dancing and weight training every morning. Then at night we put oon our sauna suits and do a cardio video followed by dancing around to music. It's as corny as it sounds.

We are getting a little tired of Sean T's hip hop abs so we are renting workout videos from netflix. We are going to do a new one every week so we wont get bored. Tomorrow, Bollywood dance is coming. I am soooo excited about that one because I love Bollywood! Ten after that, The Fireman's workout....which I am sure wont be nearly as sexy as it sounds.

I have been really good about my diet (special K challenge) and I'm so full of energy and happy. Also, the sauna suit has been making my skin so baby soft! I know this is just that initial work out high, but it feels good to finally feel good. The last time I was on a diet and work out plan was in April of 2007 and it lasted a whole of 8 days. I got into a car accident with my lil sis in the car and we were both so sore we just quit and ran for our comfort food. This time I have high hopes....and I'm watching out for myself in the car too.

I hope everyone has a super positive week too. I find that I do best when I try and love myself and life and smile more. So lots of smiles and good thoughts beamed out to everyone on this yicky Monday!

Dusty
Old 01-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning All,

Debbie: Great job on the DDR! We got 15" of snow since Saturday afternoon. We are supposed to be getting more snow every day this week with no end in site. I love the snow!

Donna: Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. Good job jumping on the Gazelle though.

Dusty: Hi and have a great day.

Well, I'm at work so I gotta um WORK. lol Have a super great op butt moving day all.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 01-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I'm finally down 1 lb. Today I am putting in a renewed effort to shave off some calories in my plan to shake things up a little. I've been trying for more than a month, and last week I actually ate more than my old calorie level. One thing I've learned is that changing the routine on eating and exercising is difficult. That's why the change of season is difficult, especially from Summer to Fall. I know I can do this, it just seems to take a while to adjust. My new level will still be very high compared to most.

I have plans to get in all my required exercise by Thursday, because I'm heading out of town Thursday night. I am wondering how it will be on the plane. Last time I flew it was about 2 weeks into my eating plan. I surely hope the seats are a little more comfortable this time around, because it's a red eye, and the plane is full. Ugh.

Annie: thanks for suggesting upping my exercise to cover the additional cals eaten. I am maxed out on the amount of time available for exercise, so it's got to come from calories. I know I can do it.

Donna: Great job getting the gazelle out. Do be careful with your foot problem. Years ago I decided to "work through" my foot pain and made the plantar fasciitis unbearably painful.

Dusty: You are smart to change up the exercise program to keep it interesting. I tend to get stuck in a rut with the same exercise, and it would probably be better for me to change it around. Early in the morning I am not creative, and go for the known.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm still a little bummed from yesterday. I woke up with ear pain. It hurts when I open my mouth too far. Maybe that's my body's way of keeping me from eating . We don't have medical insurance, so I can't hit a doctor's office. I think it's a swimmer's ear type issue. I had that once in high school and ever since then, I get it really easily. I'm going to try some vinegar or alcohol if I can find it and see if that helps. I've gotten it to work in the past at any rate.

I only have 185 calories eaten so far, but that will change in a few minutes. I haven't exercised yet but ugh.. this ear is really cramping my style.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Hello everyone! Good Monday Morning!!

I am happy to report I have been OP all weekend, however my food choices have not been that great. I am proud of myself because this was the mother load of all stressful weekends. First, well you know about the insurance issue last week. Second, some issues (pretty bad) have popped up with my mother and extended family who live several states away but still tries to come find me, and Thirdly, we are trying to make a very difficult school decision for my disabled son. So all in all I think I have done well just to stay OP even if my choices are bad. I am kicking butt though and trying to stay positive this week and not get down in the dumps.

Hope all have a great day.
Tina
Old 01-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #8  

good morning everyone. sorry to say i had a bad way off program this weekend. doing great today though! hope everyone else has had a great weekend!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I wanted to thank everyone for the prayers and support. We both needed it and appreciated it very much. I'm feeling much better. My blood pressure has stabilized, and I feel like I've gotten my strength back. I'm spending the day getting caught up on laundry, and getting the house together for my Superbowl party on Sunday. I've got an Ecclesiology paper due on the the biblical origins of the church, that I'm mostly finished with. I'm just trying to stay busy, and stay OP. That's enough to concentrate on for right now.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #10  

Just a quick flyby from werk....

Yay Catherine! You got my psychic message. I was hoping you'd post today to let me (all of us) know how you were doing.

After losing about 120 lbs and being off BP meds for 2 years, my bp decided to start going up drastically. *sigh* Getting old is for the birds!! Fortunately, I have some leftover (already asked doc, tis ok) BP meds and will use them until I see him on Feb 5th. Never a dull moment, eh?

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkity
Old 01-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #11  

Glad to see you posting Catherine
Old 01-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Happy Monday Peeps - just a quick fly by - today is a good day even if I'm not patient. I stayed OP all weekend after the Friday night fiasco and feel good - I need a whoosh though I will try to be patient. The upcoming weekend will present a few challenges for the surprise party for my mom's 80th birthday. I'm not really a cake eater but with the party stress I'm a little concerned. After the big party we will have dinner for about 30 here and I can handle that. One day at a time - one foot in front of the other.

Catherine - nice to see you posting.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 01-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Donna, sorry you had such a sucky day taking your daughter to that commercial. You can't ever believe them when they say it will be done at a certain time. And then on top of that having to go to the bathroom. Sheesh!! At least it got you motivated enough to get the 'ol gazelle out. Hopefully you'll have better days ahead.

Dusty, o that Bollywood one sounds like fun. What do you have to do on that one? The belly dancing would be fun but I don't know if I would do it if someone else was around. Too much of my belly would be going one way while the rest of me would be going the other way.

Annie, as I'm sitting here, I'm enjoying watching the snow come down. We still didn't get alot, but enough to cover most of the ground. Suppose to get more tonight. I bet where you live is just gorgeous.

Battle, I don't think you'll have too much trouble with the seats. I got the belt fastened and I weigh more than you do. Have a safe trip.

Heather dw, Sorry to hear about your ear. I hope it gets better soon. Another old remedy you might want to try, although it does sounds sorta weird, but I've tried it and it works....Is to make a cone shape out of a newspaper and hold it up to your ear, then have someone blow smoke (yes, cigs, you won't get cancer of the ear ) thru the paper into your ear. I swear it works. I learned this from some latino women where I used to work. Whenever I get an earache now, I just grab a paper and head for my dad!!

Tina,

toofatforu, glad to hear you're doing better! Stick with it.

Catherine, so glad to see you back.

Ratkity, isn't that weird it would go back up? I hope it settles down soon. Maybe it's just a fluke for the time being.

TOM is finally gone but the leftover water weight is still with me. Ugh!! I hate feeling bloated. I have a question, when you exercise, do you start getting bloated? My ring gets really tight on my finger for some reason when I exercise and usually it comes right off? I haven't had this happen before or maybe I wasn't working out hard enough for it to do it, but since I've been doing 2 hours a day on the DDR, it's been happening. This going on with anyone else?
Have a super day!!
DEbbie
Old 01-28-2008, 02:35 PM   #14  

I did my one mile walk today. I didn't do it on Saturday because we walked all over the place during the ice carving festival and I am conservatively estimating it as 3 miles. Sunday I was in a funk, so didn't do it.

I had a snack it was 1/4c unsalted dry roasted peanuts at 180 calories. It seems like alot but I figured the mono fats would be good for me. I'm still trying to work out the snack issue, as that's my downfall.

A friend sent me a recipe for a low-fat cake. I'm going to make it later, but sub in angel food cake . Should be good (I hope)
Old 01-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #15  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

Catherine - Hi & big hugs! You have been in my thoughts and prayers!

So Saturday - all day - our company was at a wine festival at a local Days Inn. We sat up our booth in the a.m. and worked the festival all day! I went on an empty stomach, thinking just incase I had some wine calories, I'd be ok. Well, there was no food of any kind to eat all day..........so we drank WINE all day! Urgh. I drink like once a year, so ............needless to say........................I was quite tipsy by the end of the evening. So, sunday, yea, I had a "heavy" head and I napped a couple of times. Urgh!
My daughters giggled and thought it was so funny. They kept telling everyone that Mom had a hangover! Oh well, just thought I'd share!

I've been staying OP and still working out at least every other day. We are getting a family membership to the YMCA (which is 3 blocks from my house) so that we can use some different equipment and the pool. I'm looking forward to it! I think I'd like to join one of the water programs! The membership is a little pricey but it is a payroll deduction where my husband works.

Well, I'm at work so I better scoot. Just wanted to say hi and leave a little note!
Closed Thread