Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Lost one pound today and it's not even weigh in day. I had just felt like checking today. Woo!
It's only one but at least it's moving again

Last edited by heather_dw; 02-02-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Donna - hugs to you - been there done that - maybe was worse, if possible cuz it was my step-son. It will get better - just remember you gave him the tools and he has to pull them out of the toolbox. I'm guessing you also probably thought him to think through things and in his own way that is exactly what he is doing - only this time he's not thinking the same way as you. You said so much when you said he doesn't do drugs, etc. He is a fine young man -you've done a great job!

Just love him

Hugs,
Carol
Old 02-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sugar: sorry you are stuck. Hang in there and don't give up. Something will budge!

Kayley: great job avoiding temptation. I'm proud of you. When I go to the movies I have a couple of nibbles on popcorn and that is usually it. Going to the movies again is a fairly new thing to me after 18 years of not going because I couldn't fit in the seats so, when I go I sooooo enjoy the atmosphere and really do have to reign myself back in that I am not there to eat, I am there to enjoy a movie just like if I was watching a movie at home I wouldn't sit and snack if I'm not hungry. Like I said, I'm proud of you because that is a tough one for me.

Carol: I hope your party is amazing and that your sister knocks your socks off with the sincere compliments on how great you look in jeans and all the hard work on the flowers. I know you will look amazing and that the flowers and everything you put your hand to to prepare for this event are amazing so there to your sister.

Donna: Hugs to you on your son. I think no matter what the parents do to prepare their children and raise them right sometime they will take a path of the track. You have raised him so well. Don't worry. He will find the right path again soon. Hugs. Glad Jackie came through "smiling".

Heatherdw: Congrats on the -1 good for you. I know how happy that must be making you.

Well, surprise, surprise, it is snowing again. lol. I love it and we got about 30 inches they are saying in January so looks like more for Feb. I am going to head out and get some hair products and do a couple of errands. Maybe go to look for some sale blouses or something. Hope you all have a great day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 02-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #124  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone. Just flying by for my weekly check in. Can't wait for March when I will have more time to keep up here better. I don't really have much to report. I have a busy and completely un-fun weekend ahead of me as I have gotten myself terribly behind in both my classes, especially Econ. And since I have a test coming up in 2 weeks I guess it is time to pay the piper and get myself caught up. I definitely feel like I am in an "all work and no play" mode.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Annie- That was one of the first wake up calls that I had, to make me try to lose weight. The movie theater seats were getting QUITE tight. And they are now, but I can still fit, so that’s a good thing! Lol
I can’t even have a nibble of popcorn, because then I won’t stop! Hehe. I carry a bottle of water in my purse, and a South Beach granola bar, just in case I get a little peckish, I can eat that.

HeatherDW – Congrats on the 1 lb!!! Every pound is an accomplishment!!

Went grocery shopping today, and stocked up on healthy food for this week. I’ll weigh myself tomorrow. I’m going to take my ‘before’ pictures today as well. Eeps!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Jeanne, so glad to hear the test came out pretty good. Hopefully she will be just fine. I'm still sending prayers your way!!

Battle, great news! I knew you would fit in them! Even better to be sitting next to someone whose been thru it.

Story YAAAAAAAYYY!!! I'm so happy that it was nothing to worry about! Now just take care of that ankle and you should be good to go!

Annie, ok, I get it now. Hopefully your company will receive the win! Are you taking care of yourself? How's the bug doin? I should lose next week. I'm staying OP, exercising and drinking water. I sometimes wonder though if it could be a plateau?

sugarcoatit, just hang in there. I know it can be frustrating to be stuck in a rut, but things will turn around for you.

Carol, pizza is ok, but you don't want to do it everyday which I know you won't. You counted the calories so you should be fine. I know what you mean about not wanting to get your calories from food like that. I made chili tonight and had to figure all the calories and then divide them into 2 cup servings which ended up being 6 servings for the whole pot of chili. It came out to 565 calories per serving. Once I saw that, I was sorta shocked at how many calories it came to and how often I used to make this last year. I don't think it will be served here too much from now on. That's alot of calories for one meal, plus add 1 oz. cheese, and some oyster crackers....sheesh!!
Have fun at your party. I hope your mom really enjoys herself and it was a big surprise.
Oh, and btw, I'm proud of you for still going to your yoga class!!

Donna, my heart goes out to you! I know exactly what you are going thru with your son. Please, don't let it get to the point where you don't talk to each other, as it has with my son. These girls that they find....ya just wanna kick some butt because they can take possession of our sons souls and make them into people we never thought they would become. My son still isn't talking to me and its been over 5 months now. It's just something I've learned to live with. I hope you and your son can come together and make a compromise. No way in H-E double hockey sticks should he be mistreating and disrespecting you though.

Not doing much today. We will probably do DDR tonight because there's really nothing on TV. We went to karaoke last night and that was fun because we haven't been for a while.
Check in later
toodles
Old 02-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #127  

I did the Just My Size Yoga DVD today. The living room floor is this hardwood laminate stuff and owow my knees. Also, doing the downward dog and all the hands and knees stuff makes my wrist hurt. I do as much of that section as I can but wow.. I can already feel it in my arms.

I'm going to start doing WATP and then yoga the next day. I've got to keep my body guessing, I think. Plus, I believe that the yoga will help with flexibility and core strength.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #128  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I've got my alligator and my gumbo in their respective crock pots in the fridge ready for tomorrow. The dessert is ready, and I've got a couple more things to clean in the morning, and then the guests are supposed to start showing up at 3:30 for a 4:18 kickoff. I'm pretty excited. I've even got the rice in the steamer measured and ready to add water and turn on tomorrow. I love having everything done the day before so I can just sit and enjoy my company when they come. I'm pretty tired now, but get to sleep in tomorrow. Gator meat is only 90 calories and 1.5 grams of fat per 4 oz serving. I can live with that.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #129  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Heather dw - I have the Just My Size Yoga DVD too. I love doing yoga, although I don't do it often. If you're doing it on a hard surface, I highly recommend buying a mat. They aren't too expensive and will keep you from hurting yourself.

Debbie - Chili is one of those things you can really lighten up if you want to. I am making chili today and I put lots of veggies in it to add volume without many additional points/calories. Maybe you could try that some time. I don't have a specific recipe I follow. I usually just chop up a red bell pepper, and onion, and saute those with 93% lean ground beef. Then I add a big can of diced tomatoes and a can of kidney beans. You can season it however you like your chili seasoned. I like making it because it is filling and since I live alone it gives me lots of leftovers. I love cooking once but eating several times!

Nothing new here. Just going to try to get some exercise in and get back on track with food. Will be spending most of the day doing more school work. Blah.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #130  

Hmm,.. Scale keeps hovering between 329.8 and 330.4 this morning. Even if I take the high one, that puts me down another pound!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Carol -- Thanks for the reminder to take care of me. I actually have carved out some me time and this has been a good weekend. I feel a little more centered than I have lately!

Heather -- That's great news, and exactly what we've been trying to tell you! The scale can take a while to move because this is actually a complicated process!

At the beginning of January I was so pleased to have made it through the holidays, but last month was really busy and I missed some workouts. The scale was up at the end of the month a few pounds. So, I'm trying to reset the mindset and get myself back in losing mode!

Last edited by Heather; 02-03-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hi Peeps - hope everyone is having a "super" day. The party is over and all the company is gone. I even was able to make it to my "free" session with my trainer this morning. It was hard to get up but I'm so glad I did. I increased by reps even today.

There is a guy who also works with a trainer while I do - we are going to go together for the water personal training. We are both excited about it. Need to iron out the details later this week and get that started at 8 am on Sundays.

The party was a success - she wasn't going to leave the house and we had a bit of an issue with her hardheadedness but her brother finally had to show up at her house - he lives about 400 miles away and pretty much put it in terms that brothers can. She had a great time once she got there - she didn't act like she was 80 that's for sure.

I'm really tired today so I think I will take my own advice to Heather and Annie and just relax and take care of myself for a bit.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 02-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

HeatherDW - I LOVE the JMS Yoga Dvd!!! Definately invest in a Yoga mat, you can get them at Walmart for under $10!

Hello everyone! Went to the movies again today. It's easier & easier to avoid temptation each time I go.

I'm just relaxing, and watching DVDs, because I hate football, therefore, I don't watch the Super Bowl. LOL! Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #134  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I made a pot of chili last night...and lightened it up with ground turkey instead of ground beef (I don't eat red meat anyways). In the end it was very low in fat and high in fiber..so it was more filling. Ingredients included:

1 pkg lean ground turkey (95% lean)
3 cans of diced tomatoes
3 cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
1 large onion diced
a couple chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (finely chopped)
lots of spices
1 can of light beer
1/4 cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)

Pretty easy actually...and super tasty! I made some mini corn-muffins that were also good...although if I had added some Splenda they would have been a little sweeter. But everyone liked the whole meal so I was happy. My super-picky eater friend even liked it..and all she did was pick out the tomato pieces (which I was expecting).

I am actually loving the fact that she has a serious BF now...I mean I adore him anyways and love seeing her happy...but she has become less manic about her eating...and watching her try to eat "healthy" as driving me crazy....because it wasn't healthy what she was doing. But since she and the BF have been together, she is way less concerned with that stuff and has ben much more mellow. I'm sure there is a freak-out in our future when she has to start wedding dress shopping....but c'est la vie. I hope that she learned a little bit about the process from coming with me when I was planning my wedding.

Ah well...back to the Super Bowl...more for the commercials than anything...not terribly into either team.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

OK, I seriously need to get my butt on here more often. I read pretty often, but feel I have little to offer as I just am not doing that well with the weight loss process. We bought a rather expensive elliptical today, and dear god that is HARD. Ugh, made me understand how horribly I am out of shape I am. I did 5 minutes today, and then 15 of DDR so I didn't feel like such a loser.

This week shouldn't be as bad of hours as the past few weeks, so I am hoping that means a) sleep gets better, b) eating gets better, c) I get my butt working out and d) I get myself posting more.

I am not Catholic (DH is)....so I play the Lent game. For some bizarre reason I enjoy giving things up for a little while. This year is going to be a) fast food, b) anything purchased at work that is sweet, and c) chocolately goodness that is not in a 100 calorie pack. I was going to give up chocolate, but I just bought some yummy 100 packs that have chocolate in them, and I feel like if I can keep my chocolate intake to that, it's ok.

I don't have time for personals, as I need to go some work I haven't done all weekend. Silly me.

Take care and be well.
Angie
Closed Thread