Old 01-31-2007, 02:07 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Futurediva: Hope your weigh in went excellent this morning.

Catherine: Wow. Your hubby sounds as brilliant as you are. What a match the two of you make. How fun that you can try to set up your hubby's friends with your singing friends at church. I have to admit I don't like the sound of where you live. I used to live in a brand new neighborhood. There were only 6 houses in the subdivison when we first bought it. Within a year all of the houses were finished and the one next door to us became a rental. I hated it because there was drug activity and gun fire, fights breaking out where they would run to my door to ask me to call the police because they didn't have a phone. I hope sometime you can move from that area but until you do, I will pray that the Lord keeps His angels to watch over you guys.

Sharon: Hugs. Sorry that the scales are up. Hang in there.

Ammi: Wow! I'm so proud of you and Darren for joining a gym! That is awesome.

Wyllen: I'm so glad that you are looking at the postitives now. Size 12 is so great to be at, not that I could remember. lol. but, I am very happy for you to be pleased with yourself.

Lillion: Yea for your -1. See you will get there soon. Hugs.

I woke up this morning after falling asleep around 2 a.m. I ate the wonderful ww cereal for breakfast. It is just 2 points per serving and it really tastes good. My hubby bought it from Costco and it is yummy. I am eating the kind with the dried blueberries in it. Turns your milk blue. lol. Today is the last day for me to exercise for the month of January. I am at over 900 minutes and I hope to break 1000 today before I report it. Hope you are all okay and being good op girls.
Blessings,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #77  

Annie you and your exercise just amazes me good going!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:57 PM   #78  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Jill-At your age I also just used to get a little crampy. Now with the back injury I had it seems to just settle in those damaged areas. My husband came home today, and said “wow, I think I’ll just go find something to do outside.” It’s -16 degrees outside and snowing heavily right now. I guess I must be looking and acting like a harpy right now. I am actually in the mood for a bar fight. There’s one around the corner that mostly prostitutes hang out in, and none of them weight over 100 soaking wet, so I’m sure I could take them.

Sharon-He gets small grants from time to time, but mainly gets asked to give lectures and stuff. His disability really prevents him from taking a full time teaching position. The stress would just kill him. He teaches some on-line graduate stuff. He rarely has more than a student or two at a time, but he’ll have one Army officer in Iraq working on a masters, and a student in Russia or the Ukraine. It’s never boring.

There is nothing more irritating than working hard and staying OP only to have the scale disagree with us. Go buy a $5 bathroom scale and run over it with your car. You’ll feel way better.

Ammi-We took out the cable, and I found that I spend a lot less time in front of the TV. We did it for financial reasons, but using that money for a gym membership is a great idea.

Wyllenn-I’ve found that even as much as I beat myself up for basically taking a year off, and regaining some weight, that it actually seems to have had some benefit for my body. I don’t have any scientific proof, but I think it has let my skin catch up a bit. This stuff is so hard, that sometimes it means we have to take a break.

Lillion-It is nice to know that I was missed. I felt so bad about going off the diet that I just felt like I couldn’t come back. I actually researched lots of other sites when I realized I needed the help. This one was still the best. Being able to acknowledge that I needed the help was actually an important step. I’ve always tried to pretend that I didn’t need any help. I am trying really hard to get back on track. We actually decided today that we would pay for me to go to the gym. He’s a citizen, so he can go for free. I’ll have to pay. I never had trouble going by myself, actually preferred it. Himself, he needs a buddy or he won’t go. I hate spending the money for myself, but I can agree to it if it means that he’ll go. So, hopefully by this time next week, I will be in the pool again. God I hope my suit still fits.

I’ll bet your doctor is very pleased with your one year weight loss. Isn’t it nicer going to the doctor when you’ve lost weight than when you’ve gained?
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:34 PM   #79  

ok guys i got my Biggest Loser dvd today and it looks good. gonna try and do it for the whole month of February just for a change up.new month and new goals!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:15 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lilion -- It IS hard not to want to get to that -100 point. I remember when I was getting close and realized I'd be close to getting there in a year, but probably wouldn't quite make it, which made me sad... until I realized how silly that was. So, it took me 55 weeks to lose 100 pounds rather than 52. whoop de doo. The point is, you're moving in the right direction!! Keep an eye on the big picture!

Catherine -- Amen about needing a break sometimes. I didn't necessarily want to take a break on one level, but another part of me is speaking loudly and clearly and wants this break. I'm fine with that right now.

And we really DID miss you! I am so glad you came back. I love that we can be BOTH inspired by this site and inspiring to others!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:50 PM   #81  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Krista Marie, This is a great place. Every one has ups and downs and every one is loyal and supportive. Glad to have you with us.

Brenda, Your niece is too cute. I have to keep telling myself ANY kind of
exercise is good for me. It is hard though. At least I feel a sense of accomplishment when I get my exercise done!

Catherine, Thanks for all the info on your post. That's cool about your dh. He's not a nerd, just has different interests than others. We need people like him and his buddies to keep learning about the past and even our time period now. Thanks for telling me what MBE means. I didn't have a clue and would have never guessed.

Jill, You are so lucky to not get hormonal before TOM. I'm an absolute mess before. Grouchy, sad,... I can go off like as fast as a light switch. It's really horrid.

Sharon~ I'm sorry about the scale. Maybe your body freaked out from all that hard walking yesterday and just doesn't want to give anything up. Could it be too that with sore legs, you actually have some inflammation there causing the gain?
...and, I'm afraid I would have passed up the cake and then bought a whole one for myself too. It's just dreadful, the things we feel about food.

Ammi~ You live NEAR the beach. I am so jealous. I just love the ocean. It's so calm and peaceful listening to the waves. If I close my eyes I can see and hear it. You're so lucky to have that close by. Do you have fresh seafood available to you too??? Tomorrow I have that other dentist appointment, get my labs and see the doctor so I'll weigh in tomorrow. Guess what?! I got TOM early, about 5 days early. Maybe that was part of the gain. We'll see tomorrow. No matter what the scale says, I know I was better this week than I had been in a couple weeks, so I'm happy about that.

Lilion, You have to be one of the sweetest women on this site. Don't you ever, ever worry about ranting. Who knows where we would all be if we didn't have this site. I am confident you will hit your 100# loss next week. Make sure to drink your water, (even though I struggle every day with it) I know it really helps. I can't wait for your weigh in next week.

Patti, How's your leg today? I'm glad you're enjoying the Wii
It sounds really cool. :-) I'm anxious to hear what you think about your new dvd.

Well, I made it OP again today. I have found if I take a frozen lunch like a "Healthy Choice" or a "Lean Cusine" and some fruit it helps me stay op.
I also have some little rice cakes that I can have 6-8 for about 60 calories. That helps satisfy my sweet teeth. (notice I said teeth, not tooth )
I also have some protein shake stuff that I add frozen fruit too WHEN and IF I get up early enough to make it. It all comes back to me having a plan...a menu plan. I really do lousy when I don't have it.
Thanks for all the warm thoughts about my work situation. It is just amazing how much better it is. I guess the team leader who's now NOT a team leader asked to be removed from her position. That's what I was told by one of her friends. But I have a real hard time believing it. I just know all my girls are happy now, everyone is more relaxed etc.
Well my friends, I'm gonna hop on the gazelle for a few minutes, and then do some weights. I'd like to have that same definition in my arms and my upper abs. I might have a little competation with DD who's a real grouch tonight to see who can do the most sit-ups. Can you believe at this freakin weight I can do sit ups? I can't believe it even when I'm doing them.
Til tomorrow.
sandybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:08 PM   #82  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Ladies, I haven't even finished that last couple of pages of posts, but I have to leave for an appointment so I'll post what I have. I was pretty OP today - starting the day with some protein, drinking water, eating wisely and spending some quality time with my treadmill.

BRENDA, I LOVE that baby doll in your avatar! I’ll bet she can even say “PONY!”

ANNIE, It’s AWESOME to ‘hear’ you so… RADIENT! What? You UPPED your exercise?? EXCELLENT! …You water-skied? I tried it once for 3 pulls – almost drowned myself! I kept refusing to let go of the rope. After all, if you fall off the horse and let go of both the reins, the bugger takes off and it can be a Loooooong walk back home!

LILION, Phew! I’m glad that scale came back down for you! I TOTALLY understand how you can have that low feeling now and then. I’ve felt exactly like that myself, and then I feel disappointed in myself for not being able to find the ‘winner’ in me at any and every moment in time. But hanging in and moving on is what it’s all about!

If you talk the talk, then walk the walk.
If you play, you pay.
Don’t do the crime, if you can’t do the time.
When you choose the action, you choose the consequences.
What goes up, must come down.
What goes IN, must be BURNED off with sweat and hard breathing… not the good kind, either.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:44 PM   #83  
Just Do It!

Howdy y'all!!

Just popped in to say hi to everyone !! I can't really stop to chat for long... at work atm. Is it just me or are these personal messages and stuff very confusing!!! Maybe its just that kind of wednesday.. I wanted to also say I have lost my first 10kg which took 3.5 weeks which is pretty orright! I wanted to thank you all for your support and encouragement, without this site and others like me I think i would have given up long ago!! Y'all are the best....

PS let us know how the biggest loser DVD turns out!!
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:57 PM   #84  

sandy my leg is doing better still have trouble but i think its on the mend. i love my dvd i intend on starting it tomorrow and do as much of it as my leg will let me.. it has different intensities so i am starting a low intensity work out!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:47 PM   #85  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi Ladies!
Well i had my weigh in today, and i am happy to report i lost 4.3 lbs im so relieved, its the TOM time this week so i figured my weigh in wouldnt be good. thanks for all the good vibes the final results of all the teams will be posted tommorrow.
LILLION: I was meaning to say this yesterday, you should be very,very, proud of yourself. you will definetly get to 100lbs soon, no worries i hate the scale, i hate the way my happiness is determined by stupid numbers. anyway, you are amazing!
JILL: You are so lucky to not have mood swings on a monthly basis, lol. i am an absolute witch every month!
AMMI: im still in awe of your accomplishments! you are so inspiring. hope you are good today!
SANDY: Sounds like you have a good plan to stay on program. i have been planning my lunch, breakfast and snacks to take to work, and its made a big difference. if you havent tried it alreday, try the Lean Cuisine pannini's, they are good! im happy your workplace is a nicer environment
CATHERINE: Im glad you came back too. i was gone except for lurking for some time. when i came back a few months ago, the first thing i asked was, "has anyone heard from Catherine" i think i mentioned when you first joined , i loved and still do reading your posts. its awesome the way your life has changed in the past few years
PATTI: i want to get the Biggest loser DVD, let me know how u like it!
ANNIE: So happy your doing so well you are an inspiration ! you need to be planning your next little reward for when you see the scale go down
I know i missed lots of people, forgive me, its my overworked brain. i promise i will do better this week
As for me, today i am really happy. i honestly feel i have it in my power to make this a lifestyle change. i am learning new things evryday in regards to food and excersise. i want to thank you all again for the love and support you bring, honestly, it means the world to me
have a great night!
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:11 PM   #86  

Kymberly congratulations on your loss! i will let you know about the dvd from what i saw it will be a good workout even at a low intensity !
Old 02-01-2007, 12:58 AM   #87  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Introduction

I finally found all of you! After much searching, and many older threads that kept redirecting me, I've found the most recent one. I'm very happy to be here. And I would like to congratulate all the losers on this thread for their hard work at weight loss.

My name is Raffaella and I'll you some background information: The first signs of weight gain at 14 was my inability to close the top bottom of my jeans and then the discovery of a little paunch over my jean waist. I continued to gain year after year until I turned 20 and decided to lose the 35lbs I had gained. Yes, as I look back now on those 35lbs I should have embraced them and walked away from the Nutrisystem Diet Center. But I can't blame it entirely on diets because I do have a hand in my weightgain because I used food to alleviate my stress and anxiety. I soon came to realize that with each wieght loss there was a much greater weight gain. Some of you may be able to relate to this.

So since the age of 20, I'm now 36, I have been losing and gaining till I reached 330lbs. Which before that I thought 300lbs was my top weight but a 50lb weight loss brought me to 330lbs.

I have recently lost another 30lbs, give or take, and am terrified or gaining the weight back. I was wondering if anyone know of any books or websites that deal with caloric intake for 300lbs people because it seems that some days i'm doing the right thing and then others I feel like I'm starving and binge till I have a stomach ache. A nutritionist would be ideal but my insurance doesn't cover them.

Any help and advice you would be appreciated. And I'm looking forward to popping in now and again to hear what you all have to say about your own weight loss and goals.

Thanks and stay well!
Raffaella
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good evening friends,

I feel very happy tonight. I finished my exercises for the month and I had a total of 1017 minutes. I had a goal of 300 minutes. So, two months in a row I have made and passed my goal. The passing my goal part is cool but, making my goal part is helping me in other areas of my life. I am finding that I feel more capable of things. I feel like I can do things. Things aren't as overwhelming for me as they were. Weird how that is working out but I feel so happy it is. I set my February exercise goal at 750 minutes. I would have upped it more but common sense tells me to not over do things. I am just amazed that I have been able to workout on land. I mean, I can swim till the cows come home or they kick me out of the pool but... doing exercises outside of water has become so foreign to me since I put on so much weight. I actually rode my recumbant bike this eve for 30 minutes straight. I don't recall a time when I did anything out of water for 30 minutes straight in years!

I also am noticing a difference in the fact that for the past 20 years or so I have started every single New Year with a goal of loosing weight. By March I am usually recommtting to starting over and thinking back about how much I would have accomplished by now if I hadn't quit already. By the summer I usually am kicking myself for not staying with the routine I started in the first 2 weeks of January and then quit. This time, I made it through the whole month of January and I didn't quit. Maybe because I started in December? Maybe because I am really gonna get healthier this year? I don't know but I am so determined and not only am I determined, there is an excitement in me. An excitement that I haven't had ever for loosing weight. An excitement like.... I may just be able to do this.

I hope that wasn't too rambling or anything. I am just sharing with you ladies. Maybe some of you are going through the same things or have gone through them. I hope it is a good thing.

Patti: Wow. The biggest looser routines on tv look hard, hard, hard! Let us know?

Catherine: I hope you get to be in the pool soon. I know how you love it.

Sandy: Way to go on the sit up challenge. My DH and I are having a challenge, no time limit, on who can get to the town where my parents live in a virtual bike race on our recumbant bike. Friendly competition is fun I think. Our race right now is 480 miles to Payette. After January I have 311.8 more to go and my DH has 426.50 to go. This month I did 108 miles and he did 38.5 miles. When we first started the race he was teasing me and being a bit cocky. He wasn't so cocky tonight when we tallied our January miles. LOL. Good luck to you on your competition.

Val: I laughed at your Waterski stories. I learned to swim almost as soon as I could walk. I learned to water ski when I was 5 years old. I love it. One of my goals is for DH and I to have a boat again and for me to be light enough to waterski again. Maybe if we get one you can come visit and give water skiing another try. lol.

Chimichonga: Congrats on -10 K. I am very math challenged so I don't know what that equals in pounds but congrats all the same.

Kymberly: Congrats to you on -4.3 I'm so happy for you. What place is your team in now?

Rafeaella: Welcome This is a wonderful, helpful, encouraging and friendly place. Sorry, I can't help with your calorie question. I am on WW myself and I could tell you the points system. lol.

I am missing: Ammi, Zelma,Shadiepurple, Luann, Xena, Sue, Katt, Sharon, all you other chickies who are not here today. Hope you are all op and having wonderful days.

Blessings,
Annie

Last edited by dogpal; 02-01-2007 at 01:21 AM.
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:05 AM   #89  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Well girls -- I wanted to update and let you all know that I am doing ..okay? I guess that's the word. ( I had a DR appt today and it made me feel really crappy. I posted it in the PCOS Section.

Amanda will be returning to the DR again Friday for more 'check - ups'. I'm not really sure why she has to keep going, but I'm sure that we need it. PLEASE do keep her in your thoughts. (P.S. The other day she was sitting beside me and I laughed at something and she glanced at the screen and seen all the people wondering about her and she was like ummm what's that about. I told her about all you guys wanting her better and I could see the tears in her eyes!)

Ammi -- I liked it on the Gazelle. But I have a question. My legs started hurting so bad that it was almost unbearable so I would starting using my legs to kinda swing myself (legs together) it still gave me a good workout, but is that countable? I'm gonna try SOOO hard (esp after the dr appt today) to get on it for at least 30 minutes a day!Depending on the money situation I wanna get the Biggest Loser DVD to use. We're holding out on the gym thing due to Amanda. I don't mind. Thank yousoooo much for your support. I feel like we've become so close!

Welcome to everyone new! This place has helped me soo much.

Girls -- what should I do. My weight had been at 293 on my scale and today at the dr office it was 301! Should I just use mine or what?

I'll set my febuary goal now (since it's offically feb 1 for me!) and start on it tomorrow!!

Loves to all the chicks!
Erika
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #90  

Annie i love the biggest loser workout dvd but i only did a few minutes trying to take care of my knee .you however are doing great on the exercises!