Old 01-29-2007, 06:15 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#1091

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.
We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:23 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

Well, not sure what time is it elsewhere in the world, but here, it's about 6:20am on Monday morning, so time for a new thread, right?

I have been 100% lazy about food for way too long now. I'd say the past 2-3 weeks have been just pure laziness. It started with the week I was sick, and I never really got 100% back on track after that. Last week, I used my busy work schedule and driving as an excuse (I worked over 50 hours and drove 3.5 hours each way to and from my sister's in the middle of the week). Well, no more excuses this week. I'm healthy enough and settled into my normal schedule enough to get back on track.

I've fallen waaaay out of my exercise routine. I've been so tired, which I'm sure is a side effect of the lack of exercise and crappy eating. Maybe a couple days of nutritious foods and enough water will have me feeling more like getting back into my morning exercise routine.

Anyway, back on track. It's a new week and a new thread and no excuses!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Jilly, I'm sorry you are struggling, but hey, I am too. Today is a new day & new week, lets kick this fat byebye forever, together!xxxxxx
Ammi, I hope you are busy celebrating 100lbs down!xxxxx
Annie, I felt so sad reading your posts, but look what a difference a week makes! 9lbs, WOWEEEEE!!! I am so pleased that you are back on track and feeling positive!xxxxxx
Mechelle, how long now til the move? I bet it will be such fun shopping for new furniture and of course you'll be doing lots of walking around before you choose anything!xxxxx
I forgot what else I wanted to say and to whom, Misti I don't pray very often but I realy thought hard & prayed for the little girl, keep us posted how she is, and for that matter how you are!xxxxx
I'm fed up with the gain and wasting time so I have to be positive and get OP AND move my fat bottom!
A steal from Katt;
1 Had TO BUY NEW UNDIES, MY PANTIES WERE falling down!!!
2 Bought 10 pairs of sexy, silky coloured ones, instead of the baggy white cotton ones I had.
3 Soon be off to see my parents, 9th Feb.
4 We are all getting better & feeling a bit more 'normal' even though we're still very tired.
5 I LOVE you guys!!!! your support through good & bad has helped me so much it's difficult to put into words, but THANKSXXXXXXXXX
bye for now,
xxxxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #4  

good morning everyone and Ammi i too am expecting exciting news from you today!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #5  

voodoo wonderful on the panties lol! thats how you know something is working !
Old 01-29-2007, 09:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Talking I Did It

Hello All,

It's official, it took me from May 2006 to do it, but I did it, I lost my first 100 lbs

Today I get to use the new face cream I bought, plus work out using my new weights, and tonight I get a lovely foot massage for my efforts. All that and knowing I am feeling much healthier and happier too

I got Daren to measure me this morning so I could see how many inches I have lost with the 100 lbs, and it's a grand total of 70" That includes a whopping 20" off my hips I am one very happy chick today

Xena - that is fantastic that you are going to see Rod Stewart in concert, hasn't he got the most sexiest voice I know you will have a fabulous time when you go, but you'll probably be hoarse for a week from singing along to all his fab songs!

That's great that you got right back on track straight after Christmas, no waiting for New Years Day for you Well done on that 7 lbs you have lost already and I am sure you will have another loss on Wednesday. You will definitely reach that first 10 lb mini goal in time for Valentines Day

Catherine - the only thing I'll get from Victorias Secret is their Love Spell toiletries I will keep the other things as something to buy after I have got to my final goal and had my tummy tuck

to your husband on the honour of being invested in the Order of Canada. It sounds pretty awesome, and I love the idea of him being able to do the ceremony when you are finally allowed to become a Canadian Citizen.

Michelle - not long now til your move, I bet you are counting the minutes, not just the days I hope it will all go smoothly and that you won't be too long offline

Erika Leigh - How did it go on Friday with Amanda, is she going to be able to go ahead and have the surgery

Patti - wow you and hubby sure were keen on getting a Wii. I am so glad you were lucky enough to get one, I hope it will bring you hours of entertainment, and of course some weight loss too

Sandy - I have a memory like a sieve, but I am SURE somebody here used to or maybe even still does follow a diet that sounded like the one you mentioned. I hope they read your question. Me? I personally just like to do it the way I know that works for me, which as you know is WW and exercise.

Shadie - good for you for buying some new clothes and of course the purple purse. So is that why Purple is in your name, you love the colour?

Annie - thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me, it obviously worked because I lost those last 2 lbs that were keeping me from the 100!

Did you enjoy wearing your new PJs on Saturday. You know don't you that you will have to keep them forever even if you don't throw them out when you are too small for them. They mark a great milestone for you

Chimichanga - hi Where about in Sydney are you? I used to live in Matraville for a few years before we headed to the Blue Mountains till I was 18.

I don't think it's impossible to lose 5 lbs a week, but I don't think you should expect it to happen, or be disappointed when it doesn't. Last year I seemed to yo yo weekly with the amount I lost, 5 lbs one week, 2 the next, 4 lbs one week 1 the next, one week I even lost 6 lbs. I guess as long as you are getting the right amount of calories and the right amount of exercise your body will lose what it sees fit

As for the MIL question, if I had to go somewhere that I knew would mean eating too much or perhaps causing offense I would eat first before going, and then claim to be sick and just pick at the food at MILs. I know it's dishonest, but unless you can sit down with her and explain that you are on a diet and as much as you LOVE her food, you would rather only enjoy it on very special occasions like birthdays, then you need to fib for now!

Kymberly - you spent all day cleaning house AND then you exercised The FFM is going to love you at your next WI

Heather - great to see you back and happy to hear you had such a good time while you were away AND that you had those lovely daily walks

Jill - glad to see you are feeling good and are 100% up to getting back on track with the diet and exercise!

How was Jeff's grandmother, you went to see her on the weekend didn't you? Next weekend it's the trip to see your lovely new niece, yes? I can't wait to see the photos you will take

Sharon - good for you for buying some new pretty undies, you can throw away those baggy ones you mentioned now

I need to go exercise now, so take care all, and I'll be back later.

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #7  

Talking

PARTY!
PARTY!
PARTY FOR
AMMI!

Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmiUK View Post
Hello All,

It's official, it took me from May 2006 to do it, but I did it, I lost my first 100 lbs

I got Daren to measure me this morning so I could see how many inches I have lost with the 100 lbs, and it's a grand total of 70" That includes a whopping 20" off my hips I am one very happy chick today

Hugs,

Ammi

WOW Ammi...way to go on that 100 lbs loss. Congratulations and keep up the awesome work.
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #9  

Hey everyone-

SHARON~We board the plane from here on Feb 5. So we will be out of here in a week! BTW what great positives/NSVs!

KnCmamma~

AMMI~Wow hun you must be so happy! You are such an inspiration! WTG!!!!
mechell81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #10  
Shadiepurple

SHRINKING
AMMI

100 LBS GONE ** POOF**
SENT TO OUTER SPACE
NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN!!!!!!!

70 INCHES **POOF** GONE.

XOXOX YOU INSPIRE ME XOXOX
shadiepurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

Ammi, you make me laugh...you say you've lost your "first 100 pounds" like you have another whole 100 pounds to go still And then that it took you from May 2006 as if that's a long time...that's only 8 months, which is an average of more than 12 pounds a month! Don't belittle your accomplishments, girly, because you have done (and are doing) AMAZINGLY well!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Lilion - thank you for my party I will be getting to do one for you when you weigh this week and see that you too have joined the 100 lbs lost club

Supermom - thank you on the congrats! I don't think I have seen you here before but you have written a lot of posts, which section do you normally post on?

Michelle - thank you for the congrats

Shadie - I wish that those lbs and inches did just go 'POOF' and disappear I have a few more that I would like to go as well

Jill - thank you for reminding me that I DON'T have another 100 lbs to lose. When I wrote that post, believe it or not, as happy as I was to be at my new weight I just kept thinking about how fat I still am. I really felt like I still had 100+ to lose. But I don't, and you are right, losing that in the time that I have is pretty darn good. I'll take a lot longer to lose it now, and I have still got that first plateau to hit, so I am definitely very pleased to have done so well

Off now to see who's around for a chat, SHARON yoohoo

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #13  

Ammi My Hero! Congratulations And It Took You Less Than A Year Way To Go!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #14  

Another Amazing Inspiration On The Web ..ammi!three Cheers!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Ais for Amazing! M is for Mind blowing! M is for Milestone of 100 pounds and 70 inches gone! I is for inspiration that you give to all of us! You rock Ammi. I am so proud of you!
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote