Old 02-04-2007, 12:41 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Kymberly: I'm not down on myself anymoe. Thanks! I really was just perplexed and sad that I did so well on exercise and diet and didn't loose. I'm fine now. I rode my bike for 20 minutes, did my watp tape for 6 minutes that I can, did the weights, situps and now back on the bike for another 1.5 miles just to top off the day. lol.

For everyone who is going to a party or having one tomorrow. Take care. Hoping you are op. We are not having our normal superbowl party that we have every year. I offered to make things for hubby but he said no thanks. So, we will treat tomorrow like any other day except we will watch the superbowl. It is cold and snowy today but I do love the snow.

Sandy: I am the one who doesn't like green tea. I will make a pitcher of it for iced green tea. Thanks for the Idea.

Blessings all,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Just a quickie, Annie have you tried VANILLA green tea? I HATE ordinary green tea but this is lovely, but don't let it stand too long or it tastes like regular green tea. I felt for you after weighing-in, though I think you're brave, I would have gone home & cried alone in the bathroom! I'm so PLEASED & PROUD of you for getting totally OP after this nasty scale BUT at least you know that it was water tablets, or lack of them which caused it.xxxxxxx
Catherine, WOW UN, my hubby's company print ballot papers for lots of those countries just getting elections. You certainly lead an exciting life! My exciting thing is getting all my housework done or getting the boys to school/nursery on time!!!lol.xxxxxxx
Nancy I'm glad you finally got finished with the B&B paperwork, at least you gave it a try. I hope stuff with your bf is getting better and how is your health now? I remember your 'problem' with a 'bulge' did it all get sorted out? Sorry to bring it up if it upsets you but I have been thinking of you & worrying as to whether you were ok now.xxxxxx
I had a totally sh*t day yesterday (Saturday) I weighed in, AFTER doing an hour or so FAST walking each day AND being OP and I GAINED 3lbs!!!! I almost cried too!! BUT unlike brave strong Annnie, I pigged out TOTALLY !!!!!BUT today I weighed & I'm back to my original weight!!!! So I'm not changing my ticker, whew, AND I'm back OP & walking, possibly some other exercises too now as I'm feeling almost normal, lol. TOM is VERY late so I put it down to that.
Candlemaker, WELCOMExxxxxx
Shiffy'smom, I'm glad you seem better now, being depressed is awful, I'm on meds for it and several ladies here on 3fc are too. There's no shame in seeking help, whether your Dr. prescribes meds, couselling, tests or waiting to see how you go if things get bad you need to put yourself first & get help.xxxxxx
Well I have to try & get the house tidy, Steve has taken the boys out so I can get work done, wish it was the other way round, lol.
xxxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #153  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies, I went swimming again today, did 25 lengths this time, 5 more than on Friday! Feel so much better for it too. not much progress on the essays as I saw my grandparents today, both in their 80s and doing so great (touchwood), so I am very very lucky.

Hope u all have a great sunday

x
emilymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #154  

Just a quick stop in to say that as of yesterday I'm at 318lbs - not only have I lost 6.5lbs in just under 3 weeks, but I'm the lowest weight I've been in YEARS...at least 4 years! Last Oct or Nov I was 318.5 and went back up to 324.5 after Christmas...so needless to say I'm very pleased! 3.5 more pounds for my personal challenge with about 3 weeks left! The 300's are looking like soon-to-be-history from here for the first time ever!
Hope everyone is well.

Melissa
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #155  

Today started slowly as I slept until 10, but when I finally got up I did THIRTY minutes on the elliptical and had a nice big breakfast, since it doubled for lunch. Once I get a shower and my 3rd cup of coffee I should be set!

Did a lot of shopping yesterday. Mostly for my DS who is just growing SO FAST – he’s not quite 12 and is now out of kid’s clothes completely. I had to buy men’s jeans (29/30) and size 10 men’s shoes – he’s like Sasquatch! But best of all, I tried on a pair of size 18W jeans and they were huge! I tried 16W and they were too big in the waist! So I tried Misses 18 and they fit PERFECTLY! Well, too short because I need a tall and they were average, but that's not the point. I honestly cannot remember the last time I didn't go to the plus-size section in a store! Made me feel really good, hence the 30 minutes on the elliptical today!

I’ve missed SO MANY of the posts by not getting on yesterday I can’t possibly respond to them all. But:

Valerie: Hang in there dear! You have lots of time to lose lots of weight before that wedding! I know you can do it!

Catherine: I can’t believe your DH did that without asking you! But what a cool thing that would be to do! I’ve always wanted to see Nepal!

Heather: I totally relate to losing motivation because you like how you look! For me it was getting into a 20 – I’d not been in a 20 in years, but most of my adult life, I’ve been a 20 and pretty happy with it. It’s funny, I often put on tight leggins and a little bra-top to work out in and I look at myself and think “WOW! That’s ME!” And somehow it makes me want to just kind of stand around looking good instead of work-out! So I turn sideways and critique the butt instead!

Annie: BIG and don’t be too disappointed! Water can be the on a WI! You WILL start seeing positive results soon! I KNOW you will!!!

Sharon: Another big to you! I hate when I see gains I don’t deserve – as you all know, you’ve all read my little posts! Put the binge behind you and try, try again!

I must drink a TON of water the next few days – went to the movies last night and ate a BARREL of buttered popcorn! I counted what I hope was every kernel though – and had eaten lightly all day so I think it’ll be fine if I get the salt out of my system. I’m looking for that next WI with a lot of trepidation! But it’ll all be OK! I’ll just keep thinking of those misses jeans!

Got to run~
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #156  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Lillion - on getting into those 18 misses jeans!
Xena2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #157  

well i was really bad this weekend.. so kick me in the butt and make me get back on program.. on a good note though i think i may be able to get on the exercise bandwagon agai!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #158  
Just Do It!

Hey everyone!!

Thank you for pointing me to the pics page "DUH!!" bimbo moment.
Hope everyone is well!! This weekend was very very lazy and I feel like *ugh*... does anyone else notice that you totally lack energy if you don't keep the cardio up. Planning to do 40 minutes today on the bike to try out this new "interval training" thing on the bike where you bike really fast for 8 seconds (100% effort) then for 12 you chill (30% effort) and continue doing this for 20 minutes. Not sure if you guys have heard about it, tho you probably have!! Well yeah I'd love to see if it works

AMMI U LOOK AMAZING!!! WELL DONE!!! I can imagine how psyched you are about this!! WOOHOO!!!

toofatforu- were u a naughty girl?? hehehe See the beauty of life is that you can wake up to a new morning and a new day, and start all over again!! I wanna see 10 push-ups!! heheh... well I can't really talk cause i was naughty too... Just imagine the image of a thinner you (from the future) kicking your butt.

Lillion- Congrats on the NSV!!!

Melissa - Howdy, and congratulations on your fantastic progress!

EmilyMay- WOW good for you, I wish I had the courage to go swimming too, cause its just so good for ya!! Keep it up girl, you're doing great!!

DogPal - Superbowl sunday is a renowned pig-out day, so good on ya for making it a healthy one!! hope you had a great time anyway

Shiffysmom- Ha ha that will power dust image is hilarious!!! Hook me up with some!!

Candlemaker - hey I totally agree with you about Atkins - its just hard to maintain!! But good luck and fight it!!! Remember nothing worth having in life comes easy...

Voodoo- Wow how fast did u gain and lose that 3 lb?? You are seriously committed to your goal!! well done!

Futurediva - do those tapes actually work? I have a bunch that are totally useless- would be good to know so I can Taebo at home!
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #159  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys
been a LONG day. I've resorted to passing the afternoon with my heating pad and some chicken noodle soup. I am catching a cold (thus the soup) and TOM has arrived with great fury. This not being on the pill anymore isnt the greatest thing. I hadnt had TOM cramps in 17 years!!! Guess what? They're baaack! Catching up on some movies though and hubby is spending the day on the pc and filling my bowl with soup *L*

Annie and Sharon~ Sorry your WI was the craps too. I'm in the same boat.

Melissa~ WTG on your progress

ok, more Midol and some dinner. oh honey.......

Brenda
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lilion -- That's awesome about the jeans! I remember that dance-in-the-store feeling the first time I fit in non "W" clothes! Hey, that was last spring or summer I think!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #161  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

WYLLENN, Don’t worry, I know I’m losing for me, not for the wedding. I’m just using that as motivator since I feel so strongly about it. I also just committed to getting on Gabriel in 104 more days. What was I thinking?!?! But I seem to do better when there’s a line drawn in the sand, rather than when I’m just cruising along towards ‘someday.’ I'm far more highly motivated by specific limits, rules and deadlines. I think I was slacking because every day I just thought “Oh, I have plenty of time – I’ll make it up ‘tomorrow’.” Know what I mean?

CATHERINE – WOW! The U.N.? What a creative guy you have there! Is he still sitting in “time out?” – I really relate to your #2 thing, with the poisonous people. I hate that as strong as I am in some ways, people still manipulate me so often. I never want to hurt their feelings, and they use that. Then there’s my ESD. HER, I can’t get rid of… 113 days to go ‘til the wedding. sigh. At least I can do my best to focus on your other wonderful suggestions.

DOGPAL! Annie, I’m so sorry the WI didn’t go better, but she’s absolutely right about the water!! I don’t take meds for water retention, but I’ve lost 4 pounds in the last 2 days – and we KNOW that it was water. In my case, I ate a package of ham at 30 calories a slice, but 340 mg of sodium per slice, along with a lot of other salty things. I’ve spent the last 3 days journaling carefully, including sodium, and I can’t BELIEVE how much there is stupid things like Raisen Bran! I’ve had a hard time keeping it under 3000 mgs, even watching that specific ingredient. If you forgot your pills, it would have a dramatic difference. I think it’s a wise thing to not touch that ticker until you’re back on the water pills and in the swing again. I know you’re living right, and you know we’re all totally cheering for you to keep at it!!! That scale will get it right next week!!! EXCELLENT job moving on to the oatmeal and the exercise, and skipping the McD’s when you’ve just taken a blow like that is certainly an NSV!!! *** GREAT list that you wrote! Those measurements are incredible!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!

WELCOME CANDLE MAKER!

SANDY – GO COLTS!!!!

SHARON – Ooooo, Vanilla Green Tea sounds delightful. I’ve never seen it but will keep an eye out now. * Hang in there Sharon! We have horses to ride and jumps to jump!

LILION! – WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY COOL on the 18 Misses!! I guess your old buddy the IM is really doing it’s job, huh? I am SO thrilled for you!!! - and THIRTY minutes on the bugger, too!!! WOW! * As for the ‘plenty of time’, that may have been the problem last month. When I saw that 1 pound loss for the whole month I was really shocked into getting serious. I was bummed out, but NOT bummed out as in ‘I don’t care I wanna quit’. It was more like “I’ve wasted a month and now I’ve gotta go at it HAMMER DOWN!” And I AM! I SO wanna fit an 18 – ANY 18! That would be something, to be out of sizes that start with “2”.

PATTI, Consider your fanny booted! Excellent about the exercise, tho! Keep at it!

Well, I don’t know what I was thinking yesterday, but I was helping little Miss Stephanie to practice for her upcoming horsey show, and she kept pressing me about when I was going to ride Gabriel. When was I actually going to get on him? Well, I can’t very well tell the child about my 113 day deadline for the wedding, but since it crossed my mind I just counted backwards a bit and blurted out 105 days – 104 as of today. So I guess, weather permitting (and bronco permitting of course) I’m committed to climbing on the big black beautiful beast on May 19. At least I’ll hit my 47th birthday before I get my neck broken. Rather fitting now that I think of it: May 19th was the date I started this journey almost 2 years ago. So, whatever time I’ve wasted is gone and in the past. There are still moments when I think DARN! If only I’d made better use of those days. Oddly, I’m usually sitting on my butt avoiding the current day’s exercise when that regret hits me. Go figure.

As I mentioned to Annie, I’ve lost 4 times as much weight in the last 2 days as I did in the whole month of January. I’ve been OP with a vengeance for 3 ½ days so far. Friend Barb tried to tempt me with a choc chip cookie from heaven last night. I just smelled it, I swear! Of course, I almost wound up with crumbs imbedded in my sinuses, I’m sure, but I stopped after one deep inhale – with my lips closed!

Today is my third day being drastically OP! THere are days I may slip, but today won't be one of them! S'cuse me. The TM's calling.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #162  

thanks for the fanny kicking...
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #163  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

WYLLENN (I know you're out there, or in here, or whatever) You'll see me on the exercise thread again. I have the half time show to thank for helping me out with the TM tonight.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #164  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies
Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was good, too bad its over too soon
LILLION: Way to go on the misses jeans! im happy for you! i look forward too, when the day comes i can buy all my clothes in the regular section.
VILLANDRA: good to hear from you and congratulations on the wt loss, your doing so well.
PATTI: Im sure even if you had a naughty weekend eating, you havent done much damamge. everyone needs a cheat day every now and then
CHIMICHANGA: the Tae-bo tapes are awesome, but alot harder than the richard simmons i usually do. i have alot of richard's tapes and i generally do those or use the gazelle. i think i will start the Tae-Bo several times a week too.
To everyone missing this weekend, hope you are doing well.
Well, i had a good weekend both personally and food/excersise wise. im taking things one day at a time, and just trying to make good decisions as far as eating goes. my weigh in is wednesday and hopefully i will have done good. (i am one of the few at work that dont weigh in everyday, lol) Hope everyone has a great week and i will see you tommorrow
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: Vanilla Green Tea huh? Well, I'll have to look for it or add some Vanilla to mine. Thanks for the idea! Hope you have a great week.

Emilymay:So proud of you for upping your laps already. You are doing awesome!

Melissa: on being down 6.5 more! I think you will make your goal! You are doing wonderfully.

Lilion: On your new size 18 in the misses section. I bet you look like a hottie! So happy for you!

Chimichonga: Hope you had a great Superbowl without going too far off your program!

Brenda: Stooooooopid Scales! I'm sorry that your weigh in was a bad one. At least you can blame you TOM for it! Things will be better for us next week!

Patti: Awwww, I was gonna give you a and someone beat me to it. lol. Glad you are back on track now.

Val: You always make me smile. You have such a great sense of humor. Okay, May 19th will be here before we know it so you can do it. I know you have it in you. Every single time you want to eat something that isn't in your plan, I want you to think about Gabe. Think about the wonderful feeling you will have with all that power at your control. Think about the look on Stephanie's face when you actually meet your Goal! That is a great motivator! You can do it sweetie.

Ammi, Shadie, Catherine, Wyllen, Jilly, Kat, Zelma all of my mia chickies and the ones I didn't mention by name, come on back when you can. You are all so very missed when you are gone.

I slept a lot today. I stayed totally op and still have about 10 points left for the day I think. I know it is quite a bit. After I exercise I may have a treat of low carb ice cream bar. Just 2 points on ww plan. I have been noticing, thanks to journaling that I haven't been drinking the water I should be. So, I have upped my water intake today. Well, off to do the bike then report my weekly exercises.

Blessings all,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote