Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #106  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

annie i think you deserve 5 charms for getting under 500 lbs. thats awesome. i am so proud of you!

me for one. im pretty dissapointed in myself this week. im up 1.2. i dont know what is going on. i was really diciplined (sp) but i definately need to get my *** off the couch more. *sigh*
Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #107  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

YEAH! BAHECASMART has a NAME, a "V" name to boot! Thank goodness! Cuz Vanessa is not only prettier, it's much easier to spell! Great that you can get that swimming in like that. Sounds like so much fun as well as great exercise.

KYM - I'm downright jealous that you have that great contest going on at work. It sounds like everyones health isn't the only thing that's benefitting from it. How cool!

ANNIE, I've got my books out and this is only a short break. I'm DOing it! Thank you so much! I'm truly so excited, because I know one day we're going to ride together. You're always welcome in Ohio, but I bet the exploring is better in Idaho. I've always dreamt of seeing such a beautiful state from horseback, so I hope you'll show me around! * Oh, and I love the charm idea, too! Maybe silver ones for 5 lb markers, and gold ones for bigger goals?

Back to work on the books!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Catherine - I am not even going to attempt to give you dieting advice, you are the of dieting. I am sure that you will find what it is within you that will get you back on track all day not just in the mornings

Michelle - WOW that is one big polar bear, imagine coming across that one alive. It would even be scary seeing it dead!!

Sorry that you had to get 3FC withdrawals, stupid weather making your internet connection go down!! I am glad you are back in cyber land now

for the encouragement to Lilion and I on making our 100 lb goals

Patti - I am going to look up that particular ailment on the Net to find out more about it. It doesn't sound very good though does it. What are you going to do to treat it?

Vanessa - thanks for giving us your real name, it's much easier to type than your nick name

I am really pleased that you enjoyed swimming today

Annie - do you have a bracelet to put charms on? I was going to say that you should buy it right at the end of your weight loss journey, but NO, get it first. As you know from my experience, having those charms hanging on a bracelet to remind you of how great you are doing really really is inspirational

Yes you are right Sharon and I do call it hoovering. Did you guys have a brand of vacuum over there called Hoover? That's where we get the term from I am glad that although your back did ache after doing your 'vacuuming' that it didn't last. All that exercise is obviously strengthening your 'core'

Kymberly - that's great that the Biggest Loser comp in work is bringing all of you together, and getting you all to encourage each other. It would be all too easy to get competitive and mean, so it's great that it's not like that at your work. Sorry your team dropped down to 4th place, but I bet you'll shoot back up soon enough

Thanks for the comments on my posts, it's really nice to feel appreciated

Sabrina - I hope your WI at WW goes well. Don't be disheartened if their scales say you way more than yours. When I first went to a WW WI their scales said I was 10 lbs more than mine did, not nice

Erika Leigh - Have you got a pedometer? It's a wonderful way of really seeing just how much you walk in a day and if you get one that tells you your aerobic steps you'll be able to put even the small amounts down, even if you only have 1 minute to add. All those little amounts add up to a lot of exercise at the end of the day!

Luan - if you have only just been back on track this week maybe stuff that you over ate last week just caught up this week, hence you having a gain despite being so OP. Whatever the reason I know you are disappointed, but don't worry, you'll soon lose that weight again

Back soon,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #109  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hey guys
Just saying hi before I head to the pool. I really don't want to go as it is SO darn cold out tonight but I'm going anyways LOL

I bought some new clothes today. Nothing special but they were cheap They were all almost too big clothes but I Like the way they fit for those "fat" days. I have lots of clothes that will do me for the next 30lbs or so.

Anyhow, I'm out of time. Theres a big storm brewing and I am anxious so I have been glued to the weather channel for hours Going to check for updates before I head out.

Talk to you all later...
Brenda
Old 01-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #110  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-I saw a show once where a woman had lost a bunch of weight and wore a charm bracelet that she had worn before she lost it. I was way too big now, but she said she wouldn’t cut it down because every time it banged around it reminded her of where she had come from, and where she’d end up again if she wasn’t vigilant.

Ammi-I remember trying to sew that dress in a small studio apartment too. Today I’m just working on some boring pants. My pants pattern has been altered so many times over the past 5 years, that it even has some regular lined school paper taped in places. Himself thought it was quite funny. The hardest part was adjusting the crotch up. I had them hanging down like some kind of sultan pants. Thanks for the complements about my dieting. I will never believe that I know it all, or I’d have never ended up where I did. I’ll take all the advice I can get. I will tell you this, when you hit that 100 mark, you will feel different in a way that I can’t describe. You’ll find out soon enough.

My knee is feeling 100% better. It swelled yesterday, but it is loosy goosy now, so I’m optimistic that I survived better than the fender on that guy’s car.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:37 PM   #111  

Ammi for the time being i will continue to do some exercise and use a heating pad on it for awhile. if it dont get better i guess i will go see my primary care dr. and see what she says about it.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #112  

thanks everybody... i know i am SO VERY TIRED of hobbling around.and it is intrfering with my exercise ...pssst Ammi maybe i should talk to my hubby about the gazelle rider now1
Old 01-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Brenda - good for you for making yourself go to the pool even though you really don't want to. I bet as soon as you are in the water you will be glad you went!

Catherine - OK well if you want to know what I was thinking of saying to you when you said you were having a hard time sticking OP when it comes to the afternoon, it was this; have a load of really low fat snacks handy so that your body and mind believe you are stuffing your face when in actual fact you haven't had many calories at all. I do that some nights because I get the munchies. I might have three packets of dried fruit, or a huge bowl of grapes etc. I feel like I am eating a lot, sometimes I even feel guilty, then all of a sudden I remember I am staying totally OP!!!

Hmm, I guess making a pair of pants when just over a year ago you were making yourself a gorgeous wedding dress would seem a little boring. Still it's so cool that you can sew clothes for yourself and know how to adjust that pattern. Maybe as one of your rewards for getting to a diet milestone you could buy yourself a new pattern for the size you will be then, and as you lose more weight you can start adjusting that again and again

I do look forward to how I will feel when I hit that 100 lbs lost mark, I can't wait

Patti - yes quick do it now, tell hubby how much easier a Gazelle will be for you to carry on exercising on!! Tell him the treadmill has given you repetitive strain injury and you need a different exercise machine so you can alternate what you work out on Sounds good to me!!

I am heading off to bed now, I need to get some sleep because I am going out shopping first thing in the morning. That means I won't post til later than I have been Well better late than never lol. Take care all and good night

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-18-2007, 08:47 PM   #114  

have a good time shopping Ammi!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #115  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody. Glad to see so many of you on track! And I love the new longer threads... yippeeeeeeeeeee!!

Just wanted to check in. Wow we have had a super cold, icy, snowy winter so far for this area, which generally is pretty temperate. Although I have not been able to get any sympathy from my family in Missouri.

Hope you are all doing well. Thanks for the expressions of concern and emails.

Hugs
Sue
Old 01-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Okeee Dokie, one more post before bedtime.

Luann: Hugs. You are so sweet to suggest I get 5 charms now. Come on Luann. You can do it. Maybe for a little while you can write down your food things in a food diary to see where you can improve if there is anyplace you can improve! I know you can do it. Sometimes our bodies have to catch up with our dieting. Hang in there.

Val: I'm so proud of you. Good job. Hope you are getting lots of work done. I would love to ride with you someday!

Ammi: LOL. I am so happy that I rememberd you say hoover for vacuuming. Yes there are Hoover vacuums here. I myself have a Kirby. lol. Hoovers are good though. I am still feeling pretty good in my back, a bit sore but I didnt' make it to the pool this afternoon, Instead I pushed snow out of the driveway with Joel. We were both using snow shovels and I bundled up and helped him push the snow. Well, he shoveled and I pushed it. lol.

Kymberly: Yea! #4 is great. You will be back in number 1 or two just keep up the good work.

Brenda: Good for you braving the weather and going swimming. I didn't do it today but, I will go tomorrow for sure. Good job.

Catherine: Yes, I think the Charms would be a very good reminder of what once was. It has been so long since I haven't had my belly on my lap that I feel like that in itself will be a huge reminder. I can't remember what it feels like to not stress over sitting in a chair with arms. Those things hopefully will remind me.

Sue: Glad to see you. I was thinking you skipped out on us. So happy you are back and safe.

Well, I guess I've flapped on enough tonight. Take care everyone.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 01-19-2007, 06:26 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Not much time to post BUT Catherine, glad you are ok after your 'accident'. xxxxx
Annie, BRILLIANT on getting BELOW 500, I'm so pleased for you.xxxxxx
Misti, great to see you are ok.xxxxxx
I am still so ill, I'm now down 6lbs(?) I think in 4 days of being ill! I never knew coughing was such good exercise!!!! lol Seriously though I told Ammi last night feeling this bad I would have rather lost weight HEALTHILY, by exercise & diet rather than sweating, shaking, coughing and fighting germs. The house looks a complete tip, I'm struggling just looking after the boys, they're both off school ill too! Though it doesn't stop them fighting & running around!!!!
I hope everyone is feeling well and staying OP.
xxxxsharon
ps XENA are you ok? not seen you posting for a whilexxxxx
Old 01-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #118  
Vanessa

Ah crumb... had a nice long post, and lost it...
Thanks so much folks, for being so supportive..looking forward to another great day! I weighed myself last night, and I'm down 6 lbs in the last month! Woohoo!
I'm hoping to get to the pool again today - I felt so great after being there yesterday - I had so much energy for the afternoon - didn't hit that 2pm slump where all I want is a nap and a chocolate bar!
Brenda - I know how you feel about going to the pool when it's cold. Although I only have to walk across the parking lot to get there, when it's snowing and blowing (like today) it seems like a REALLY long walk!
Voodoo - Sorry to hear you're not feeling well - it seems to happen to me too - anytime I'm home sick, the kids are with me rather than at school... how, exactly, are we supposed to rest and get better?
Misti - we've got snow here again today too - love it. Mind you, come March, I wish it'd go away!
Hope everyone has a terriffic day! Get moving ladies!
xoxo
Vanessa
Old 01-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #119  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Good Morning everyone
Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a great day
I only have 1/2 a day at work, thank god, so maybe i can get some things accomplished.
MISTI: I am so happy to see you back! i took a hiatus of sorts in December, but now i am back with a venegance. i sure have missed your posts, i hope to be seeing more of them
AMMI: forgive me for failing to mention the fact that you are so close to a 100lb wt loss! thats awesome! you have done so well this year im proud of you, and im sure you will be at that 100lb mark soon
LILLION: Ditto to above, i have watched through the posts your progress and ammi's and its down right inspiring, you go girl
SHARON: Good to see you back, im sorry youve been sick. hopefully you will be feeling better soon.
LUAN: I can totally relate the feelings your having. i think the only thing that has helped me lately is the fact im accountable in the contest im in at work, and also i have a new desire to suceed, no matter how long it takes. i know you can do it, dont give up
ERIKA: Continue the good habits you've picked up. Good luck in school too. I know you will do great
ANNIE: Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, i appreciate them. your doing fantastic yourself, you deserve a reward, perhaps a charm
CATHERINE: Glad to hear your knee is somewhat better. im envious that you are such an accomplished seamstress, i cant even sew a button on straight, lol
Well, anyone i missed, i am thinking of you. i will eventually learn all the new posters names, i promise.
Have a great day. i need to post on the excersise thread, because i have actually excersised every day for the past 3 weeks, a MAJOR accomplishment for me
Peace
Old 01-19-2007, 08:56 AM   #120  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Vanessa
We posted at the same time, just wanted to say, Good job on the 6 lb loss thats awesome! You are so lucky to have acsess the pool, keep up the good work.
I just have to say, i love your cowboy hat, you look so cute
Have a great day!
Closed Thread