Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #46  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

ok I exercised. I didnt like it but I did it! And thanks for the kick in the butt Ammi and Annie

Talk to you all tomorrow~
Time to snuggle in and relax
Brenda
Old 01-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #47  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hiya everyone .. well I have done it .. Ive signed up to the gym.. I go back tomorrow evening for a Fitness Assessment and a personal program which gets updated every 8 weeks .. I have signed up for 12 months They have 10 aqua aerobics classes each week .. 3 varying types so Im going to check them out from next week .. rather nervous about putting on a swimsuit in public for the first time in about 5 years! Not allowed to wear t-shirts over togs arrgghhh.

Okee . so I am going to try to go to the gym EVERY DAY! Either for the water aerobics or the programme.

I better get some work done lol.

Love and laughter everyone .. oh and before I forget .. WELCOME to those lovely new members I have spotted .. WELCOME BACK Sabrina definitely not forgotten .. who could forget such a cutie

Huggies all .. Love, Light & Laughter!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:44 PM   #48  
Shadiepurple

Heya Annie, here I am! Glad to be missed . I was here every day, just haven't posted much. I am so happy for you and I want whatever motivation bug you have . Please send me a dose will ya huh?

Well, we have ice and snow here today. Would be so nice to just look out the window and enjoy the peace, but the kids are home cuz they closed the schools. Drat! They've been home for 4 soild days and in the house for the last 3 months. I love my babies but I need some space. Maybe tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Congrats to all you super losers and power up to all us straglers. All the exercise going on is warming my heart .

I have to have routine when I'm OP or I get off track so easily. I have fear of changing or doing anything differnt in my day. Even if I eat breakfast before I have 2 cups of coffee, I can go off track all day. Thats not ok with me but I need advice how to be more relaxed at this. Help!! I'm OP for a good solid 13 days now and still going strong, but I worry about anything coming up that will change my routine. I have noticed that I WANT junk food the most when I'm angry. Whats that about?? Like I want to bite something hard and have mouth full in a mean way. Guess I'm going to have to look into that a little more. Maybe I'm part werewolf or something. ..lol.

AMMI: I play on Pogo alllll the time . Whats your screen name there?? Mine is the same as here. Look me up. I'd love to chat.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ack. My eating is out of control tonight.

I apparently don't like it when hubby is out of town, both last week and this week I've lost it a little when he's been out of town. I think it's only the exercise keeping me remotely in check...
Old 01-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #50  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I’m doing really well the last couple of days. It’s not really comfortable & easy yet, but I feel solid in my food choices overall, I got back on the mill again, and I’m even doing better with my water. I’ve decided to stay off the scale until the end of the month. I wanted to leave it alone earlier this month, but I’ve been obsessing and jumping on it daily until the last couple days. Suddenly my focus is forward and I’m don’t NEED to look down at it constantly.

Has anyone read the February issue of Prevention magazine? I especially like the article on how our perception of food effects how much we eat. Good issue.

JILL – Loved your “No!” post – SO funny! You wrote: “Without planning, I run the risk of just wandering into the kitchen whenever I'm bored…” DITTO!!!

SIMONE - “I’ve come too far to take orders from a cookie!” – True! True! I love it!

TEAHONEY – I’m glad to see you popping in! I know what you mean about getting carried away on this site and having hours fly past, and not getting done what I’m s’posed to. But coming back is just too motivating, and these people are the BEST!

ANNIE – I’ve been in and out so much lately, I must have missed your post about your rings getting loose, but I think that’s COOL! I KNOW you’re going to do great this year – you’re doing SO great on your exercise! *** As far as the cold weather encouraging the pooches to hurry up – YES! But I’m ready to come in even sooner than they are. I can’t believe short-coated little Simon, as close to the ground as he is, he still likes messing about in the snow. Brrrrr.

JEN – hugs to your pup. Impossible to NOT love them! I hope he’s feeling better soon!

SHADIEPURPLE! – I haven’t seen you in a long time, and it’s great to see you back!!! Congrats on your first two weeks back on track!!! I’ve only read up to your first 10 days, but I have great confidence. I’ve seen you in action before!! Go girl!! SO COOL that your son is supporting you, helping to cook and everything! That’s wonderful!

KYMBERLY – Wow! Cool that you have prizes like that available, and awesome that you’re already doing SO well. SSSSSSSSSSSMOKE ‘em! * You’re right – Where are MISTI & KAYLEY. We’re missing a bunch of “old timers.”

AMMI – Ooooo, you’re so close, and there’s no pesky holiday calories to get in your way! GO GIRL!!! ** Wow – way cool about losing that next 56 pounds and getting a tuck. I’m jealous! But you’re earning it for sure!!!

CATHERINE, a year ago I remember you saying that statistically most people who lose large amounts of weight end up gaining it all back, and you said solidly that you weren’t going to be one of those people. You were going to be one of the successes, and you weren’t going to fail. I absolutely believed that to be true at the time, and I still have absolutely no doubt that you are one of the people who will make it all the way, and stay there. The blues will pass, you’ll push them aside, and you’ll get your grip back on your goals. You Are Success. I have no doubt. Period.

SHARON, I rode Cody this weekend. A little voice in my head started mumbling “I wanna canter.” I have only walked & trotted for Sooooo long. The little voice wouldn’t go away, got louder and louder, and I finally couldn’t stand it. I asked for a canter – 4 times – but the guy on the bottom wasn’t in the mood. He hasn’t been asked for a canter in 1 ½ years, and didn’t see any point in doing it then. I’ll give it another shot next time I ride. I’ll let you know how it works out. I can’t even imagine cantering on the big guy, Gabe. One tiny, happy little buck from that guy could toss me into next week, so really, I’m starting small, right?

Hey there, MICHELLE. It’s always good to hear from our own Northern Light. I’m thrilled to see that you’re pressing on and doing your walking in the house. I imagine that must be hard, and I admire you even more for doing it! Won’t be long until you’re back down here in the 48, and you’ll be glad of every step you took up there. Bravo!

AYANNA – HI! On the subject of non-food rewards, clothes make good long term rewards, but I often find myself wanting “a little something” while I’m grocery shopping. Picking up a magazine in the checkout lane, especially a health focus one like Prevention, makes a better reward for bypassing the junk food. New nail polish (that’ll help keep the fingertips out of the cookie jar) or make-up, something to indulge a hobby, like a selection of embroidery thread, fancy yarn for knitting/crocheting, scrap-booking stuff, or a new book (has Grisham written anything lately?) might be good rewards. It’s good to see you here!

NANCY, sorry about the ice cream attack, but glad to see you’re moving on. It happens. We’re entitled to being human, having moods and feelings, and you’ve been under a lot of pressure lately. It happens, but you didn’t just give up and let it become your way of life – you just had some ice cream. Good for you for owning it, and moving on. “I’m in this for life and there isn’t a deadline.” – I LOVE THAT.

ZELMA, dear Zelma. It’s just so good to have you back. Personally, I feel honored that you’ve shared so much with us, and we’re always here for you.

BRENDA, BRAVO! BRAVO! – You get a double for doing it even when you SO didn’t want to. Fighting past that “IDONWANNA!” feeling and doing what you know is best for you, that is a HUGE NSV! Great for you!

KATT, I’m sorry your poor lamb had such a bad time. Poor baby must have been so scared and in such pain. I’m glad she’ll be OK in the end. I’m glad you’re going back to the gym. It sounds like some good programs and like you’re excited about it. That’s great!

WYLLENN, Hang in there! We’re all human and we all have cravings and temptations. Just remember not to be human in the same room that you keep your refrigerator in. Or in the pantry, either!

Friends, I haven’t even finished catching up, but I simply must go to bed.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:19 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Good Morning All,

I just finished cleaning the kitchen and living room and it just struck me as I was about to type it, that I still sweat a little doing those jobs, or sweat a lot if I am hoovering but on the whole it is so much easier to do the jobs now that I have lost weight. I think if only we could all be given a taster, even an hour, of what it would be like down the line after losing weight we would never lose our motivation to keep on track

Patti - I enjoy watching the auditions too, you gotta cringe at the way some of them think they are so wonderful and are gobsmacked when the judges tell them they can't sing I hope you enjoyed the show last night.

Corn starch under the belly, does that work well? I know when I asked the doc about using talc, even a medicated one, she said I couldn't and shouldn't because when it gets wet it cakes, and then it becomes like a sand paper under there. Does the corn starch cake up?

Annie - yes my doctor was really pleased and complimentary about the amount of weight I have lost There are 4 doctors in my surgery, two of the others have commented that I have lost weight but can't really remember how big I was before, but the doctor I saw yesterday does remember, and she can't get over how well I look now too I think she's my fave now

Brenda - on exercising even though you didn't feel like it. Did you start enjoying it once you started, did you feel great afterwards? Sometimes I feel too lazy or tired to bother, but the minute I get into it I feel great, and afterwards I feel really happy because I didn't give in to my laziness!

Katt - hmm seems like you aren't going to take that diet break after all, or if you are you are going to make up for it by daily trips to the gym. That's enthusiasm for you I hope you'll really enjoy whatever you end up doing there.

How's little Sooty's hoof now? Still on the mend I hope.

Shadie - that's great that you play on Pogo all the time. Shamefully I have missed my last few badges because I have been spending so much time on emails and here Still keeping in touch with my friends is better than any old game badge I will add you to my friends list there, my screen name is the same as here too AmmiUK. I look forward to catching you there one day soon.

I know what you mean about wanting to eat especially when you are angry. Your best bet is to grab an apple or a carrot, there will be a lot of satisfaction and NOT a lot of calories in biting angrily into one of those

Heather - sorry you had a bit of out of control eating, but it sounds to me like it wasn't that out of control seeing as you said you lost it a LITTLE. If you lost it a lot, that's when I would know you needed to worry. It's like you have these little slip ups but you never lose total control

Valerie - that's great news that you are doing well with being OP and I think it's a wonderful idea that you stay off the scales until the end of the month. Those things are the downfall of many a diet, they are evil

It is exciting knowing that in 56 lbs time I will be eligible for a tummy tuck, it's just going to be sooooo frustrating waiting over a year to get it. Still it is something that will definitely be added to all my reasons for never gaining back the weight I have lost

Better make a move now, I hope everybody is keeping warm over there. I saw on the news this morning that even California is having freezing weather and that Arnie has declared a state of emergency. That's pretty scary isn't it. So to my friends on that side of the pond, keep warm and keep safe,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-17-2007, 05:22 AM   #52  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Bah...despite my resolve to avoid the store yesterday, I still crashed. Big time. It's the first time in probably at least 2 months that I ate solely for the sake of eating. I was out of control--yuck. I'm not even sure why. I stuck to plan on Monday when I was home from work all day--I would have thought that would have been more challenging. Instead, I left work and went straight to Wendy's, all the while 100% conscious of how bad it was and how I shouldn't be doing it an yadda yadda yadda. I haven't had normal fast food in MONTHS, and it has been a huge weakness for me in the past, so I CANNOT let this snowball. Heck, I can't financially afford to--even ordering off the dollar menu adds up when you do it EVERY day

Anyway, after the fast food binge, I was feeling low and crappy when I got home, so I...exercised? enjoyed a healthy dinner? spent some time with Jeff? called a friend to commiserate? Any of those would have been great options, but what did I do? I felt icky and lazy and ordered Chinese for us for dinner. Yup. Erase the healthy and controlled eating scoreboard and start me back at Day 1 today. But it WILL be today--none of this, "I'll get back to it tomorrow [or the next day or the next day or next week...]," nonsense.

Oh, and I didn't go to TOPS last week because I was sick. I have TOPS on Thursday night, and I had vowed 100% to go this week whether my weight was up or down (I have a bad habit of skipping it in weeks when I've gained). So I open my work email this morning, and there is an email from the owner/president of the company telling me that I'll most likely have to work late on Thursday (we had been warned last week that we'd probably have to work late almost all of this week, so this was him sharing "good" news that they would only need me on Thursday). If I am done with work by 6:30 that night, I will probably still be able to make it, but I'll have to wait and see. I really need it this week, but orders coming from the company president to take priority (heh, if I didn't have a job, I wouldn't be able to afford TOPS, nor would I be able to choose the fabulous TOPS group that's about 30 miles from my home over the crappy TOPS group that's near my apartment).

So anyway...I'm feeling better (as in my cold is 99% gone--just an occasional cough here and there now), and I'm back on track today. In typing all of this, I've completely missed my morning workout time, so I WILL get some exercise in when I get home from work (and that way, I can't stop anywhere--especially not for fast food--on my way home or else I won't have time for the exercise before Jeff gets home).

Valerie--congrats on controling the scale and not weighing every day. I weigh every day and log it into Fitday, but luckily I'm one of those that don't worry about daily fluctuations, so I usually only count my TOPS weigh-in as my "official" for the week.

Heather--musta been something in the air last night, eh, since my eating was WAY out of control (though I'm sure even if you overate, you made much healthier choices than I did ).

shadiepurple--haha, maybe I am part werewolf, too. I notice that I don't really eat out of anger or sadness or any negative emotions, but when I do eat while feeling those emotions, I'm so focused on the feelings that I completely ignore my diet and make poor choices. Maybe you could gnaw on a big blob of sugar-free gum when you're angry? Ha, I know it's not the same...ooh, but what about like a beef (or turkey) jerkey? That's a great one to have to bite into and rip it off, and it's not too too unhealthy for you. Hmm, is it wrong that I'm offering food suggestions instead of telling you not to eat at all when angry? I guess I just know what it's like

Katt--sounds like a good gym program...congrats! I have a free 8-week pass to Bally's, but I'm afraid I might like the gym, and I know I can't afford a regular membership right now, so I don't want to go and get hooked

Brenda--"I didnt like it but I did it." Ha, that is how I feel about exercise almost EVERY day (you know, on the days I actually do it ).

Ammi--that's great that you could have a free tummy tuck! I'm 99% sure my insurance here would never cover it. I'm also glad you have to finish losing the weight and maintain it first--that is so smart (and just an added motivator to keep going, right? As if you need it ). I have heard of women getting excess skin removed from losing weight before they're even done losing the rest of the weight, and it just boggles my mind

Lilion--10 minutes is DEFINITELY better than nothing (which is what I did yesterday ). You go, girl!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:39 AM   #53  

Jill - good for you for not letting one really bad day of eating be the start of many days. You got straight back on the wagon with staying strong.

I know what you mean about the women who get tummy tucks even before they have finished dieting. It seems silly. I mean when I lose the 56 lbs they say I need to be eligible for a tummy tuck I might find that I don't feel like I need one anymore. I can't see that happening mainly because of my ostomy really needing to be on a flat tummy to stop leaks happening etc, but if I didn't have that then I might find I didn't need the tuck. So I definitely wouldn't be silly enough to be one of the women who would want one done before getting to their target weight I think it sucks that insurance doesn't cover an op like that. They would be quick enough to moan if you were forever at the docs getting treatment for a bad back or other ailments brought on or made worse because of being overweight, yet when you make the effort to get healthy they can't reward you with a tummy tuck

Enjoy the rest of your day, and NO MORE fast food

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-17-2007, 05:40 AM   #54  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Good Morning!
im running a little late this morning, but wanted to pop in and say hi! Today is my weigh in and even though i have been 100% on food and excersise program, i am nervous please wish me luck!
I will post tonight and i hope eveyone has a great day
Old 01-17-2007, 05:42 AM   #55  

Kymberly - with the WI, I am sure it will go well. I am always nervous before a WI no matter how good I have been. Those scales are so mean sometimes so I never want to get on them Can't wait to see your post tonight with your WI results

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-17-2007, 08:56 AM   #56  

Ammi yes the corn starch does cake so you shouldnt use it! i did enjoy watching AI last night and will do so again tonight. now i have to get off here and exercise and get my mind set back in the right frame of mind.. this plateau has me feeling blue this week!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:04 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Patti: Hi hon. My exercise is still going really well. I have been occasionally jumping back on the bike for another mile at night before the end of the day but last night I didn't exercise until evening and then I was too tired so I got in 28 minutes of exercise. That is so small compared to all of the rest of you gals but for me, out of the water that is truly amazing. I sincerely haven't exercised out of the water for more than 4 or 5 minutes in years until December when I decided to give this my all. I have slowly upped my exercise every week and to be from 4 minutes up to 28 is amazing. So, it is going great. I plan on swimming today or tomorrow for my 2nd time of the week this week. Hope you are not hurting and your op and exercising too.

Kat: Yea to you on joining the gym. I hope you have a ball getting fit!

Shadie: Well, the motivation for me is coming in facts. Fact number one is that when I go to the orthodontist I can't fit into the chairs in the waiting room. It is humilating and I hate every minute of it. I have to take myself out of my body almost to survive it and not break down. Fact two is that summer is comming and darn it all, I want to be healthy enough to ride a jet ski or to get into and out of a boat for enjoyment. There are many, many other facts but, I won't bore you. I just got motivated to loose this weight and get healthy. I am sick of my clothes being too snug. I am sick of feeling less than human and like an animal. I am sick of it all and It needs to be done. I am killing myself slowly with this weight and I don't want to die. Hopefully one of these things will motivate you sweetie pie. You are so loved and I so much enjoy it when you post. Come on girl. You can do this. About changing your op schedule. I personally would wait. I would be stuck to that schedule until it is broken. You will feel more in control soon. Keep your schedule as long as it is working for you! Just my opinion.

Val: Oh, thank you. Between you and Ammi telling me it is my year, I feel so hopeful. I hope and pray it is my year to loose at least a good portion of this lard. I am focusing on the first 10% right now. That will put me at 442. Still extremely obese but, closer to 300 than it is to 500 pounds. lol. I just love that you are getting on your Cavios (horses in spanish) lol. I envy you and can't wait to ride again. That is another biggie for me. I have been riding horses since I was born practically and it makes me soooo sad that I can't do it now. Something else to look forward to. Good for you though. Keep it up. I think this is your year too. Lets make it all of our years! We can do this.

Ammi: Okay, so today is cleaning day for you and I will be cleaning the back half of my house today too. lol. I haven't used my housecleaner since she ran away from home so I hqve been doing the cleaning myself and so far, so good. I take my time like you advised me and I do a few rooms each day resulting in a very clean house that I can be proud of that I cleaned myself and not had to hire someone to do it. Yea me. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Jilly: Okay to you doll. You are back on track starting today. Forget yesterday and Wendy's and chinese food. Erased. It is in the past. Today is a fresh new day and you are doing so well. Hang in there kiddo. You can do this. This is our year after all! Drink a bigggggg glass of water and pull up your chin. Go JIlly go!

Kymberly: Good luck at the weigh in today. I am praying for you to have wonderful results and be the Biggest Looser! I'm sure it will be a great weigh in but let us know how ever it goes! WE have our contest vicariously through you! lol.

Catherine, oh Catherine, come out, come out where ever you are. I hope you didn't hurt yourself with all that snow and ice scraping and shoveling. We miss you and your wonderful words of wisdom. Let us cheer you up if you are low. You always are here for us, let us be here for you!

Sharon: Feel better soon.

Michelle: hope you aren't working too hard getting ready for the move.

Zelma: huge hugs.

Misti: come back soon. WE miss you much.

Everyone else come back and join in. No matter what the condition your op stats are in, you definately add something to our days.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Jill-- Luckily there isn't a lot of fattening food in the house, but I still managed quite a bit of a binge. I also didn't exercise.

Let's make today the day we get back on track! Okay??
Old 01-17-2007, 09:36 AM   #59  

Annie you are doing so great and you motivate me especially on days when i get down thanks keep it up!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:39 AM   #60  

That's it, exercise done for today, must go post it in a minute. I exercised then had my lunch, yummy home made chicken soup, mmmmm

Patti - oh rats, I was getting my hopes up that corn starch might do the job, but if it cakes as well then I guess it's a no no

You aren't on a plateau, are you? I thought you lost 1.5 lbs + last week, or am I getting confused Either way, don't be blue, those lbs will come off, they have to, especially with how you have been pushing past the pain to exercise. You definitely need to reap the rewards for that

Annie - so glad to hear you took my advice about doing a room or two a day rather than trying to do too much all at once. It works out much easier like that. Did you get what you wanted done today? I was only going to do my living room, but as I had the energy I thought I may as well do the kitchen while I was at it

Heather - how are you doing today so far, are you sticking to being back on track at least with the exercise? I hope so

Okie dokie, going to go post my exercise now, so ta ta for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread