Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:27 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **30-Something's: Week of Nov. 5th**

Happy Sunday All!!

A whole lot of cleaning going on here this weekend. My dryer bit the dust. DH thinks it's the motor. It's just barely 10 years old. What's the life expectancy of a dryer, 15 yrs.? I thought I heard that somewhere once. It doesn't count that my aunt has the same washer/dryer from when she got married...almost 40 yrs. ago!! I'm trying to decide if it's worth fixing, the motor is 109., plus shipping, I guess. Then DH has to figure out how to install it, which may just make it not worth it! But a new dryer is gonna cost over $300., probably closer to $400 (it's gas and super capacity). Thankfully we can use my mom's dryer.

Anyway, trying to get things organized and straightened up. Will be planning some meals later today. Have a great day all!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

GooD mOrning!!!

Nail-lady--I watched Oprah and the Doc's show also..I am totally motivated now. I am going to check waist size and I ordered the book with the DVD(a little pop up add on 3 fat chicks site for $15!!!)Keep my posted!!!

Ok..I finally lost a lb after a 5 week maintain...I guess its true---"Eat less and excercise more" will do it.
RR
Old 11-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #3  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Red face If Sunday is the "day of rest", why do I always end up doing home improvements today?

Good Morning Everyone!

I had a really great day yesterday. As planned, I stuffed more insulation into the basement and we're almost done now. I figure another bag or two (after the 6 put in yesterday, 6 the previous weekend and the 12 last winter) should o the trick. The next chore (hopefully this week) putting up plastic vapor barrier & sealing it along the walls and strapping the batting into the ceiling. Staple guns and Air Nailer fun for the whole family. Then, in the afternoon, it was off to the big park to do about 2.5 hours of hiking! It was a tad chilly while we were out, but it was very comfortable while walking through the woods. One of the guys coming with took some awesome photos for a contest he's planning on entering. It's such a beautiful park...might be headed back there again today.

Speaking of today, I spent the *entire morning* responding to email that I had been neglecting. Does anyone else do that? Get an email from a friend, know you should respond to it or it gets put into the "go it tomorrow" pile. (And we all know TOMORROW never comes. ) Anyway, I'm pretty caught up now but it meant that I didn't get any time put into working in the basement like I was going to do. Blah.

The scale didn't move much more than a quarter pound after yesterday's hike but I'm not discouraged. I know I didn't eat too poorly and did see a loss, so I'll take that over a gain anyday.

DW is off work soon, so I'd better cut this short.
Stay strong & Stay on program.

:Lawrence
Old 11-05-2006, 11:24 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Remember, remember the fifth of November....

sorry got carried away, I was V from V for Vendetta for halloween LOL

ok a one lb loss this week. I weighed in on wednesday and it was a 2lb loss at the time. I guess lack of walking this week did it to me. I really need to work to meet my goal. I got hubby's cookies all packed up though, so that's one less distraction. If I can put in some walkikng time instead of working late or working on projects just for 45 minutes (i'm horrible about trying to schedule stuff) I CAN get this off by thanksgiving. Projects are coming along ok right now though..i'll try to get some meals planned for this week later on. I'm about to have breakfast. I guess eggs n toast or something.

One lb gone is one lb gone. I'll take it. I should be glad for it!! I will try harder this week, I know that much is for certain.
I ended up with little pizzas this morning.....on a low carb whole wheat tortilla, a slice of moz or swiss cheese, a couple of canadian bacon slices, and some pizza sauce. yummy yummy

Last edited by Holyteror; 11-05-2006 at 12:02 PM. Reason: I had breakfast and time to think
Old 11-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/280/175

Height: 5 ft 8 in

Good morning everyone!

Well, yesterday was my official day of healthy eating but it didn't go to good. It's hard to eat healthy when you have no food in the fridge . So I went grocery shopping today at the local flea market and I got loads of vegetables. I bought veggies that I like to eat and I will try to incorporate them into my families meals this week.

Is it easier if you make a plan of the meels for the week? Might try this, maybe it will save me some time.

I am not following any diet because in the past it was difficult for me to stick to any thing. I am trying to just eat less carbs( limiting myself to 2 slices of whole wheat bread and 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta, rice or sweet potatoes a day). I come from a background that if we don't eat rice during the day it's like we never eaten . Also will be eating more fruit and veggies as snacks, no added sugar, and trying to cook with Pam to makes meals instead of oil.

I figure I will start with this than refine my diet more as I start losing weight. I want to make this achievable so I can stick to it for a long time.

Holyteror-- Your pizza sounds yummy, might have to try myself

Lawrence-- I know what you mean about the e-mails. I sometinmes leave mine unanswered for days, but it's good when you catch up on them, makes you feel like you've accomplished something lol.

LBH-- Buying the motor for the dryer sounds more economical. Do you put alot of clothing in the dryer when you use it, maybe this might be why it got damaged so early, anyways, it's not like i know anything about dryers .

I hope you all have a very successful week, take care,

Carol Diaz
Old 11-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #6  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Ok..I am back...(after shopping etc) I have one on Augmentin for an ear infection and when she mentions "I need to potty" one must run quickly...(Bad side effects)
Lauren--I thought dryers were more like 15 yrs...Sears always has great prices...I say,,go for the motor but make sure that is what it is..

Lawrence--I am with U..a small loss or maintain is better than a gain..

HolyT--Yeah on the loss!!

Carol...welcome--I surf the posts when I have time and your name sounds new...I think writing out menus may be helpful....
Hello all..off to prepare for Mondays!!!!
RR
Old 11-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!

Whew, I can keep up for a couple of days and then I get behind again.

We cleaned out the attic to get ready for the builders!! Whoo hoo!! I'm so happy that they are finally starting. You should see the curb in front of my house. There are 2 computer monitors, a broken vaccuum and about 10 bags of garbage. i've been up and down the stairs about 20 times, with about 5 lugging heavy stuff. I'm heading to bed soon.

Welcome Carol!

to everyone!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

now that's some workout!!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #9  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default Good Morning from Florida!

Hello all!

I had a wonderful Sunday! We went to church and the kids were pretty good. Our friends also go and they sit behind us a few pews -- that's the trouble most of the time. We each have 2 year old little boys and they were playing peek-a-boo over the pews and under the pews. If it wasn't for being in church, it would have been cute !

I taught Sunday school and felt like things are finally sinking in! I teach third graders and we are talking about the rebellion in heaven that sent Satan and the rebellious angels to ****. We are also talking about Adam and Eve. It all revolves around how God gave us free will. Well, one of my kids is stuck on Moses and it didn't matter what question I asked, his answer was "Moses". I think I need to find some questions that the answer is Moses and see if he gets those right !

In the afternoon, the whole building (we live in a quad) spent time together outside and we cooked out and then ate together outside. I was a wonderful end to a great day!

Sorry to go on so long, but I just had a great day!

Karen -- what are you doing to your home? Something exciting? My parents just cleaned out the attic so they could build another bedroom/sitting area for guests. They say they need it to keep the sanity when we all come home to visit!

RX -- totally with you on the e-mail. I have a bunch I need to reply to myself! And the hike sounded great. My sister's boyfriend has convinced her to go hiking with him in the hills of Utah -- she's not so sure about it since her idea of an outdoor activity is to drive with her convertible top down !

RoadRunner -- Hope your kids feel better. I hate having sick little ones!

Carol -- you can do it! I have to go to the grocery store twice a week to keep the fresh fruits and veggies in supply. If I don't, I make poor choices too!

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great day!!!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 11-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

morning all!
got a doc's visit this morning and will be working late tonight. I just have to find time to fit in more exercise..
Old 11-06-2006, 10:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Unhappy Great plans, not so great execution...

The good news is that I did a TON of cooking this weekend and I should be good to go with relatively healthy meals this week (even with it being an insanely busy week!). The bad news is that I didn't do very good over the weekend itself and am up 2 lb this morning. What the? I also had my hands full with kids Saturday and didn't coordinate where dd was going to take her nap yesterday and didn't manage to move the elliptical at all. WAHHH!! On top of it, my gallbladder was giving me massive fits so I haven't slept well and that in general leaves me pretty cranky.

This morning is a new day though. Ate a banana and granola bar for breakfast. Handful of peanuts for a snack. Need to go fill up my water cup in a few. Lunch will be low fat spanish rice dish (with venison). I have to run to the store and get dh's Rx and then home b/c I left my lunch in the fridge. Should still have plenty of time. Luckily, I work like 7 min from home and the store is only about a 1/2 mi out of the way. Dinner will be a penne pasta dish I made yesterday that just needs to be thrown in the oven to heat through. I rented a Dora movie for the kiddos to watch on the DVD downstairs (near the elliptical) so hopefully I can get at least a short workout in while he pasta is in the oven.

Will try to take some notes later today and do some better personals. But thinking of all of you today. Hang in there!

Christina
Old 11-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #12  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well i decided that it's time to go back to weight watchers meetings. I have done for crap since I stopped meetings. I know it sounds silly but I need the meetings. They have a monthly pass right now for $39.95/month and you get the etools too so I'll do that. I also am committing to 600 minutes of exercise for November. I can't get this weight to budge. Very frustrated Anyway I just thought I'd check in and say hi. TTYL

BTW my ticker is a big liar...I refuse to change it though.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

LOL MAMBEAR~~~~ that is soooo me i gained a pound 2 weeks ago and refuse to change it i have been STUCK at 177 for 2 weeks now im thinking i need meetings too im trying to do it at home and im just plain being bad

I know i havent been responding to all of you just talking about myself and im sorry

Stevi~~ you looked great for holloween i loved the costume

HOLY~~ thanks for the invite girl , and you are doing so good What diet are you doing again?

RX~~ i always love your post you crack me up

MISSOURI ~~ good to see that your back with a new umph in your step i wish i could locate where i lost mine LOL

BONNIE JEAN~~ good for you on going to church i want to go but it seems finding a church your comfortable with is soooo dang hard

CAROL KAREN AND RR~~~

FIT ~~ where are you? hope all is going ok
LBH~~Sorry about the dryer i know it sucks to not have one
Nail ~~ how are you?

Ok well now i feel better, Raiders play tonight i hope we get another win my Lakers are kicking some serious butt i follow all of there games too
Take care i'll check in later
Old 11-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #14  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

*wavie*
I'm alive...tired, had a doctor's appointment this morning (just the usual girl stuff) and got back to work later than expected......decided instead of staying at work to make up the time I'll just use some paid time off. I mailed off 2 boxes today, total weight 45 lbs....my body's real sore but I'm hangin in. I've got a show saturday morning and I'll be back home afterwards working on my projects. Gotta get them done.

I did ok eating today for the most part. I have to get some walking time in though, i'm not going to make my thanksgiving goal if I don't. It's the exercise that dropped me 3 lbs in that week. I just have to get a few more things done under my belt and I'll feel better about scheduling more walking time in...either that or i gotta walk in the am on the treadmill and do abs in the afternoon.

I'm just a little frustrated. Next month is already December....and while I don't have a goal for Christmas, I do have a goal for when hubby comes home.....about 4 weeks or so after Christmas. I want to exceed my goal if I can....I just have to work extra hard these next months. Granted we haven't made it halfway thru yet (in about 2 weeks) but I really want to look good when he gets home.

707: I'm doin the Jorge Cruise 3 hr diet.....balanced meals and snacks every 3 hrs. I used to do Atkikns but I missed bread and potatoes. I gained my weight back, and heard about this one. Got myself going on it in August and to date have lost 20 lbs.

Last edited by Holyteror; 11-06-2006 at 08:29 PM. Reason: i can't spell LOL
Old 11-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #15  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

I haven't been able to get online for a couple of days because someone (Joby) has been hogging the computer. She had an AWFUL research paper to do. We stayed up till 5am Saturday night working on it. and 1am Sunday night. Then because of technical issures, we couldn't print it, so I had to get up @6:00 and drive to Florence (1hr drive) to bring it to her this morning. Wheeeewwww. I am glad that thing is finished!!!! But I am glad that I was able to help her.

But anyway, while mom and i were in Florence, we went shopping. I felt like a Zombie from the lack of sleep!!

I have made a commitment to myself. I must do some form of excersize everyday, and NO sugar 5 days a week. I am doing a SBD meets WW. Doing SBD in itself is not practical. I realized that quickly. So I a adjusting it a little.

Lauren: sorry to hear about the dryer. I have to say they don't make 'em like the used to. I have a new washer, but my dryer well, I've had it since DH and I married about 10 years ago. It was used. I don't know how old it is, but the top part where the knobs are is brown, so I must be pretty old. have you thought about buying a used one?

Holy: Yummmmm sound good. (the pizza) Hang in there girl. It is gonna be soo worth all the hard work when hubby comes home.

Carol: a little change at a time, that's a good way to start

KarenK: sounds like you might have burned a calorie or two!

MommyofSpuds: DH and I teach the teens!! Sounds like you've got some good lessons. Even adults can benefit going back to Adam and Eve. Its where you gotta start to understand Gods plan for reconciliation.

Molly: I hear ya girl ( about the ticker!!) I ain't change mine either!!!!! I have thought aabout going a meeting too. I think I could do very well with it. I just hate to commit to the monthly fee!! (It would be money well spent though, I know)
Closed Thread