Old 11-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30-Something's: Sunday Chat 11/12

Happy Sunday All!

OK, the day is pretty much half over, but what the heck! We'll start with the new format this week, a new thread each day. Haven't decided yet if I'll close the thread each day, but probably not for now. Let's just try to keep things current, that's all! That way it will be easier for everyone!

If anyone has any concerns about the new format, let me know on the thread or via PM!

It's been a rough weekend here. Robby's sick and hasn't been sleeping well at all. Last night DH & I were up pretty much all night with him. Slept from about 4 until Peter woke up at 7:30!

Hope everyone's having a great one!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #2  
pastryprincess

S/C/G: 212/212/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi, new to the site & looking for support. Just moved & have a one yr. old son.. . Help is not the word but a good place to start. J
Pastryprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello all,

It's a wet dreary Sunday here, not much going on. My friend came over and we started planning our trip to Hawaii. Three weeks from today we will be there!! Yay!! We've had it booked for a year so it's hard to believe that it's finally here.

Eating has not been great over the weekend. DH has a guitar jam here once a month and we have pizza for lunch. They also bring various snacks that they leave here. Oh well, better tomorrow!

Welcome PastryPrincess! We are happy to have you with us!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

disappointing scale i guess has to keep me motivated for the thanksgiving goal. I'll be waking up early to walk and get my abs worked.

Yesterday I saw where the 20 lbs went away. too bad i can't see the visual on the scale ya know?
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

Lauren~Hope Robby's feeling better and you can get some rest!

Pantry Princess~You have come to the right place

Karen~Hawaii, that will be nice, especially this time of year. Is it just you and your friend going?

Well, today is dreary here as well, but I have managed to be productive around the house anyway. Got most of my Scrapbooking room straightened up and have been working on getting some things together to list on ebay. Hope everyone has a great day!

Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Hi guys....Cold day here in tn. I'm not in a very good mood today, I weighed in today and gained a pound! Have not a clue how this is even possible!!! I logged in over 7hrs of exercise and my average of calories this week was 1252. I am so mad!!!!
I understand the whole fat weighs less than muscle theory, but I hate this, it's like all my hard work is for nothing! Ok I'm done complaining now....

pastryprincess, This is a wonderful forum! Everyone here is so encouraging even when you are feeling down! Everyone is following some sort of program and we all just try to give help when we can! My number one suggestion to anyone that is new is to start drinking water, I drink around 80oz a day, I gave up all soda. so that's my tidbit......Good luck and hopefully we will get to know you better soon!!!!!

Holy: I think we should just throw our scales away........

A big hello to all the gals and oh yeah zephyr{big hi!} Tomorrow is another day!!!!
JennyMarie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone. I think that will keep it less complicated LBH. Well I have been busy walking alot these last two weeks. My average for last month was 67 minutes a day. This month I have upped it and I know the month is not over yet but I am off to a great start! Average so far is 89 minutes the last 12 days. We'll see how today goes. I have really noticed a difference in my upper tummy. It is trimming up nicely! I have been doing good with my food, keeping it to healthy choices alot and about 1640 average.

I have done searching as to what fat%, carb%, and protein% is right for me. I have looked at the sbd and have agrreed with some of their things like the fact they recommend the good carbs and whole wheat etc. They also follow it seems 30/30/30 as they call it. Originally I was doing 30fat%, 50carb%, and 20protein%. I think the carbs should go down so today I am trying to adjust that. I am not sure if that would be good for my body doing the two week body detox of absolutely no carbs for two weeks etc. I know what I am doing now is working(cal counting and exercise) so I don't want to rock the boat and mess anything up. I am trying to see if I can lower the carbs though and make sure the fats are more of the good fats etc. Which is what I try to do with the fats anyways. What is everyone else doing percentage wise?
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

my problem lately is the peanutbutter jar...
and the toffee caramel dip for apples. i can use a teaspoon but dang, one spoon is ENOUGH.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #9  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Pasrty! Jump right in!

Lauren, I think the daily thread will be good. It takes a little pressure off those who don't check in daily (or multiple times a day like some of us who should prolly be working when we're not lol).

Karen, you lucky dog you! I've never been any farther west than Rockfor, IL where sister lives.

I've been painting all weekend. We did the living room. 2 shades of purple, darker on the bottom and lighter on the top with a chair molding seperating the two. I've logged a ton of activity points!! So at least I got my exercise lol! OK I'll check back tomorrow.
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #10  
pastryprincess

Any one here tonight? I went to Chuck E. Cheese w/ my sone & friends today. Only had one piece of pizza (It's awful!!) Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Monday, right? I weigh in tomorrow so lets hope i lost some weight. J
Old 11-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #11  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Talking It's Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Monster Trucks must be at a stadium somewhere.

A big hello to everyone (especially JennyMarie) and a welcome our newest member, Pastryprincess, from one wet & soggy rooster. We're working on almost 2 weeks solid of rain here. Okay, I lie. There was a 2 day break (past Friday was cloudy, Saturday was beautiful for Remembrance Day) but it's been soggy ever since. Oh well. At least it's not that S-word. That'll come soon enough.

Today marked my return to my dis-organized religion. I had not been to "church" since we broke for summer in June. I'd always meant to go to the service, something always came up - so this time, I scheduled it in my calendar this time. Anyway, since I know religion can be a "hot topic" for some people, I won't go into details other than I'm back on my path to exploring my spiritual side. And that makes me happy.

Today, I encountered a new word: Ubuntu Here's what Google has to say about this word:
Quote:
# a Zulu word, literally meaning “humanness.” Ubuntu is a social and spiritual philosophy serving as a framework for African society. Its essential meaning can be conveyed using the Zulu maxim “umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu”—meaning, in essence, “a person is a person through other persons.” The practice of ubuntu is fundamentally inclusive, involving respect and concern for one's family and one's neighbors. It also implies respect for one's ancestors, in a deeper spiritual sense. ...
I like it a lot and I believe that umuntu ngumuntu nagabantu is very much correct.....reinforces the importance of community, of which I am happy to say that everyone on here is part of. And for that, I'd like to say THANK YOU to each and everyone of you....without you, I wouldn't be able to do this. Especially in this part of my life.

So......weight wise, doing decently. I had a miserable couple days of eating - must have been bitten by the cookie monster or something. However, much to my surprise, the scale was still down this morning. We'll see if I'm penalized for my eating habits tomorrow....so if I'm on here complaining about the scale later, just remind me about the cookies.

Anyway, take care everyone.
Stay strong & stay on program!

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #12  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

yet again this refused to inform me that you guys had replied. stupid notification!!

well i went and did bigtime grocery shopping yesterday so i shouldn't have a problem having a good eating week.

Hope you guys have a good one, i think it's raining outside.......looks like the northern california winter is here LOL
Old 11-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #13  
pastryprincess

Is anyone onlline? Monday & raining still.. I really have nothing to do today which is bad. Hope everyone's having a good Monday. J
Old 11-13-2006, 05:27 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just a reminder all...come join us on the *DAILY* thread now!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote