Old 04-21-2005, 07:24 PM   #31  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just a quick post to say Robby is in the hospital...ruled out RSV & Flu. They said it wasn't pneumonia, but now it might be? He's not doing soo bad, neb. tx every 3 hrs., and oxygen. That's what he was admitted for, low oxygen. More when I get a chance.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:34 PM   #32  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone,

Lauren: I'm so sorry that Robby is in the hospital. I hope he is out soon. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kristina: Welcome!! You will find a lot of support here.

DH is coming home on Saturday, I'm so glad! I don't know how the military spouses do this. Every time Alex hears a noise he gets vey excited and says "Daddy!" I have to say no, it's not Daddy, he won't be home today. And poor Alex has been going to bed at 8 pm on the nose! We usually put him down between 8:15 and 8:30. I just need the break so much by then!

Hello to everyone else. I will try to catch up later.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:07 AM   #33  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Keep us posted Lauren!!
Karen--Yeah on DH comming home!!!
Well...4 days on the diet..I even weighed this week for the first time..Excercise is slow cuz of a bad skin abrasion from my fall in Walmart..My shoe hits it every time, but I am getting there!!

Have a great one...I am tired this AM....0330 came tooo quick!!!
#2 has a tooth absess and may be hospitalized for IV antibiotics since she has that artificial titanium thingee in her heart..Poor baby's eye is closed from the swelling..It happened at school and DH said there was nothing there in the morning???? We are going to schedule surgery to pull them after she is on the meds for a few days..Poor baby, with that flat face(Down's) she gets soo much sinus infections that it is rough to treat...
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #34  
No description available.

Poor little babies! I hope Robby and RR's #2 get well quick quick quick!
KarenK--been there done that with an active duty dh (he was on a sub and went out for as long as 6 months at a time!) But you know, it doesn't matter how long your partner is gone, if he or she is not there at the moment you need them, then life is very tough!

After years of considering it, I am getting lasik today. Except for dh and the kids, you guys are the only ones I have told. Wish me luck! I will check in tomorrow and let you know how it went!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:57 AM   #35  
one more time

Smile

Lauren- Sorry to hear about Robby. My heart goes out to you. Keep us posted when you can.

KarenK- I hear ya about the DHs. Mine was just gone for a week and DD was so excited when he came home. I think I was in bed that night at 8 myself just being beat. Single moms and military moms do this all the time. I don't know how they do it.

Lisa- Good luck with that prospectus

Jen- That's awesome about the Lasik. I really wanted to do it myself but unfortuantely we had to replace our fence that was falling down. Maybe next year. Can't do it all I wish I could.

OK, ladies time for me to get to workin' here today. Happy Friday!!
: to everyone
Heather
ladyhawke1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #36  

Height: 5' 7"

Jen, my ex had lasik, said it was the best thing ever. I also just had a friend from school get it done and she said she would get it done all over again. so good luck and there is nothing to worry about.

RR, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she gets better soon.

Lauren, Keep us posted on Robby. He is in my prayers.

Since I just woke up today I think I better get working on homework.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #37  
LBTEPA

Hi everyone
thoughts and prayers to the ill little ones and their worried mums too of course Absoultely with you, Karen and Heather - it's so hard when DH is away (mine is sometimes for 2-3 nights at a time and that's enough) - single mums and army mums need a medal (and a free nanny), I am in awe of them. But I'm in awe of all mums, it's the most important job in the world and 24/7.
We are holidaying at my Mum's in the country for a few days, so pleasant to just 'do nothing' Went shopping for jeans for DH and he suggested I try on some cheap 'chickybabe' jeans (button front, low waist, slight flare); I agreed just for a laugh - and they fit!!!!! (Slight muffin top at the waist but I don't go bare midriff so that's no problem LOL) I barely took them off to sleep I am so excited.
Take care everyone and have a good weekend
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:24 PM   #38  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTEPA
'chickybabe' jeans (button front, low waist, slight flare); I agreed just for a laugh - and they fit!!!!!

Don't ya just love that. Have a nice time with your mom. Enjoy the spoiling that you're probably going to get.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #39  
looking for size 12!

Wishing a speedy recovery to thoses sick little ones!

I am just watching portion control and snacks. I did weight watchers before but don't have the extra cash to spend on membership right now. I keep in mind points but don't count... yet...

I love snacks at night while watching tv. I think I spend 1/2 my daily calories there! I have started brushing my teeth at 8:30pm so I won't like the taste of food after toothpaste. I can eat zero or one point foods (carrots, apples) for snack before that.

Happy NFL Draft day to football widows! LOL DH has been looking forward to today for months!

kristina
newmyers is offline   Reply With Quote