Old 04-17-2005, 01:18 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of April 17th!!

Are We all sleeping in today??

LBT--your psycho twin is here at my house...OMG--I have been evil and mean for the past 2 days...I even threw everything off the table to the floor..Why does AF have to make us sooooooooooo crazy????

Off to take the girls to the doll museum...Hmmmm...2 kids in the terrible two's walking around $500 dolls?????Am i nuts???
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 04-17-2005 at 08:23 PM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR, I came, I unstuck last week, and got "called" away! Oh well... YES, you're nuts!! Geez, I hope you aren't "forced" to buy too many!

We spent the evening in the ER last night. Robby has a mild case of pneumonia. They did a chest xray, and a deep suction of his nose. Didn't get much out...I tried to tell them he wasn't too nasally congested, because he wasn't having problems nursing until yesterday, but I think that was because he was running a 103° fever and crabby. I really like our hospital though. They have their own Children's Hospital and ER and everyone is really friendly and sweet. The Dr. has a 3 wk. old DD, the resp. therapist has a 6 mos. old DS, and the 2 nurses we dealt with had 2 boys each. So while he had been on Amox. since Monday for double ear infection, they switched him to Augmentin. He's still running a fever, but at last check a few hours ago, it was 99.5°.

It's soooo gorgeous here this weekend...it's 76° on the back porch right now. Mom & I were sitting outside with Robby for a little while today. DH has been in bed most of the day...he's got a sinus infection, or something. Peter was outside playing earlier, but it napping now. I could live with this weather year round! It's supposed to be like this pretty much all week too!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Oh, BTW, I hope no one minds my new siggy...it's not too big, is it? And I finally added a ticker. This is what I weighed at Curves Thursday night. It's 6 lbs. heavier than what I weighed at my 6 wk. check up, but it was also ngiht time, whereas I usually weigh in the AM. And my home scale...still have to put those batteries in. Yes, I'm a major procrastinator...not to mention I have a memory like a sieve... (sp?).
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:27 PM   #3  
No description available.

Lauren, I love your new signature! I am sorry that your little one is not feeling well. It has been a rough winter, that's for sure.

It is beautiful here today. We are opening the pool, though the water temp is 50! Yikes! It will have to heat up before we actually use it.

I hope you had fun at the doll museum, RR, and that you only bought things that you wanted from the gift shop.

I picked up a book at the conference I went to in DC titled, "Is menstruation obselete?". When I read it I'll let you all know! Actually, it is becoming more and more common to use combined OCPs (and the ring) continuously and women can avoid PMS, periods, the blood loss, etc. It is probably more effective birth control, too. Just say no to AF!

J
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 09:09 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

Whew what a beautiful day here today! We got to play outside for the first time all week without freezing. Little guy will play outside with his teeth chattering and his hands turning purple, but mom can't take sitting out there! Anyhow, DH is in California this week, he's back for a week then goes to Italy for two weeks. The back yard was starting to look ragged so I decided to mow it. Oh my, do you know how much fun it is to use the mower with a two year old hanging on to your shirt tale? I couldn't even think about doing the front. DH will have to cut it before he leaves.

RR: I hope you were able to enjoy the doll museum and not have too many tantrums or have to buy any broken dolls!

Lauren: I'm so sorry Robby is sick. I hope he gets better quickly. I'm with you on wishing the weather was like this all year long. I like this *so* much better than snow! MIL bought Alex a slide that can be in or out. He *loves* it. He has been sliding all of his toys down it. He does it, says "Whee" and then laughs his head off. I like your siggy too.

Midwife: Say no to AF? I love it. If I ever manage to get pregnant again, I would like to just say no to her!

Hope everyone had a super weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #5  

Hello all...Doll museum went wonderful...THe owner was an older woman who had a Down's Syndrome son 45 y/o...SD was funny and entertaining..Thank goodness all the dolls were behind glass!!!I ended up buying them each a tiny doll for $3/each so I got off easy!!!
Dh and I decided to get a new bedroom set for our anniversary..I am too excited!! A king size bed for the 3 of us to be more comfortable!!!!It will be delivered next Saturday..
http://www.bedroomfurnitureusa.com/c...m&id=2712&cat=
Now that everyone was no payment or interest until 2007 it is easy to get into trouble!!!It will be here next Saturday!!

Lauren--Sorry about the baby...Kaylee still has that nasty cough, but the fever has been gone for 2 days..She had lower lobe pneumonia..I think the Rocephin shots and the Z-pack has kicked it out hopefully!!!

Karen--U must look like me, a two year old hanging on you on the treadmill, the bath etc etc!!!

Ok...I did 2 miles/30 minutes on the treadmill alone!!!I feel great!!! on to accomplish our goals for the week!!!
Good Evening all!!
RR
Old 04-18-2005, 07:58 AM   #6  

Wow..me again!! I am off today and K is sleeping so I am catching up on everything. Even started with the water so I am on the way to accomplish the goals of the week!!

Just thought I would throw a pic of the princess!!!
Have a great day all!!
RR
Old 04-18-2005, 07:59 AM   #7  

Ok..one more!!!!

THat brace does nothing to stop her!! I cant wait to put her back in Gymnastics once we get the all clear for the clavicle!!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:57 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR, she's getting soo big! I can see a lot of DH & you in her...used to be all you! Beautiful bedroom set! When is your anniv. again? Is it 5/7??

Karen, that's funny, about the slide! Peter had soo much fun outside this weekend, riding his little power truck around. My mom bought him a little t-ball set too, so he had fun OK.

Quote:
"Is menstruation obselete?"
...I wish!! If I could just be PG all the time, that'd be great! One of my MW thought that was just too weird, the Seasonal BCP, messing with Mother Nature too much. The other thought it was fine. I am seriously considering it when I'm done BF'ing, or the hag comes back.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:52 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello to all,

RR; what a cutie! I bet that she is full of energy and it is hard to keep up.

I just wanted to pop in and see how everything was going. I just am taking a break to clear my head. I have to study for a mid-term tonight. (It's a 7 week class)

I am soo ready for summer break! Even if I only get one week. Summer School is not going to be much better. Oh well, try and think positively. It will be okay.

Well I am off to get ready for the day and then it is hitting the books.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:13 PM   #10  
LBTEPA

All these anecdotes about your little ones make me just want to jump up from the work puter and run home to my DD!! How gorgeous they all are
Lisa - thinking of you as you crunch your brain, sending some positive thoughts to go with yours!
I made another small step to 'normal eating' land last night. I don't get on with my M-I-L and realised recently that I tend to overeat to try and numb myself when I'm around her. Functional, huh? So last night we went over there and I really concentrated on only eating normal amounts, so when we got home I didn't feel disgusted with myself or bloated or ill go me!
I'm going to my Mum's in the country this long weekend (Anzac day) so I'll be doing a lot of lovley walks along the river as well as a couple of training runs for the Mothers' day run. Maybe I'll see some action on my ticker soon!
Have a good week everyone
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:23 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

LB, Thanks for the kind thoughts. I used to feel that way about all my ex-inlaws. Now that I am divorced, and living with my parents I am doing much better. However I have to get off the "crazy" school schedule. I don't eat at the same time every day and I know that doesn't help. We don't have Anzac Day in the states, what is it? Anyways enjoy the time with your mom and all the hiking. Sounds like a nice peaceful time.

Hello to everyone else as well.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:31 AM   #12  
LBTEPA

Anzac Day commemorates Aussie servicemen, "Anzacs" who have served overseas - something like your Memorial Day?? "Anzacs"comes from Anzac cove in Gallipoli in Turkey, scene of tragic loss of life owing to senior officer error
cheerio
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:00 AM   #13  

LB--My MIL makes me nuts!! She is comming in May for her 3 week vacation..She just overpowers the kids(just #1) and makes the other two look like idiots all the time..It makes me nuts so I can sympathize with u!!Have fun hiking!!

LP-Take it easy on the brain excercise!!!
Ok..2 days of keeping with the eating right, excercising and so so on water!!
On to day 3!!!
RR
Old 04-19-2005, 08:05 AM   #14  

Default Roadrunner

~~My MIL makes me nuts!! She is comming in May for her 3 week vacation..She just overpowers the kids(just #1) and makes the other two look like idiots all the time..It makes me nuts so I can sympathize with u!!Have fun hiking!!~~

I feel for you with the MIL situation. Mine makes me nuts too. How far away is yours? Fortunately my MIL drives my husband nuts as well. We are about an hour away from my in laws so we don't see them every day like the other kids do sometimes, and they don't tend to drop by without calling...too often. They do this to the other 3 brothers all of the time. They have been known to do it to us as well just not as often because it would be a waist of 2 hours to come here if we aren't home.
Rhonda
RSRosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:08 AM   #15  

Default herbal weight loss?

Has anyone here every tried any of the herbal weight loss stuff? I used Chroma slim about 9 years ago and I am not sure if it worked or if it was the diet and excercise only. After the whole ephedra thing I am scared to try again, plus I am on Welbutrin and afraid of mixing the two.
Rhonda
RSRosey is offline   Reply With Quote