Old 04-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default ~*~Week of April 10th~*~

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Sunday! Hope everyone's enjoying the weather in their area!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning Everyone,

Alex took pity on us and slept in this morning. I definitely appreciated it. I needed a sleep-in. His standard getting up time is 6:30. It looks like a beautiful day here. I'm sure we'll be going out to play soon.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Oh Lauren, good luck with the job! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:38 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone,

We cleaned the yard yesterday and, boy, was that fun. We keep our gates locked and DH brought the key so we could go back and forth. Alex, of course, loves to play with it. I saw he had it and why I didn't take it away I can't say. I got to looking for it and couldn't find it. I asked Alex where it was and he took me to the huge bag of leaf and grass clippings. I got to empty the thing out and sift through it. But I found the key! That'll teach me to let him play with the key!

Hope y'all are having a great Monday.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #4  
one more time

Smile Happy Monday all!!

I know what you mean about beautiful weather. Nicole was out most of the day. David has a a bit of a cold so he slept alot. Fortunately, my sister lives next door and she got to play with her twins while I was inside with David. The funny thing is Keith is out of town for his yearly national meeting in Colorado and they are under 8 inches (as of last night) of snow. They even closed the airport (which is almost as big as O'Hare).

Hope everyone has a great day!!
ladyhawke1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all. Well today starts another week of classes (5 more weeks - not that I am counting) and this is going to be a busy one. I don't know how much I am going to be on this week. Things are starting to gear up for finals. I can't wait for my week off before starting summer school.

Lauren, How'd the interview go? I hope that if this position is one that you want, you're offered the job. Shoot I just hope you're offered the job.

To everyone else, hello.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #6  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all... we are home with pneumonia...She was doing great until last night after being out all day Saturday..The pollen is horrible...I am doing her treatments every 6 hrs, keeping the fever down with tylenol/ibuprofen..I am waiting for the Pedi to call with the chest x ray results to see if we can stay out of the hospital and do what we are doing..She isnt eating, but is drinking and nibbling on frozen fries (done in the microwave) and I put cheese on them..She will do much better at home..We have to go get another ROcephin shot in the morning and see if her white count is down...Poor baby..She is miserable...
On a better note, I can do 15 minutes of treadmill 4 times daily to equal 4 miles..I would love to do 1 hour but it is sad to say, 15 minutes is the most I can spare for myself..I even did 20 minutes at 3 mph carrying the princess but I did it..I am getting motivate..Of course, this is day 2!!!

Lauren--Yeah on the anniversary..Mine will be 4 years in May..already..Was this #5????

Lp--Break over with soo soon????

Well..gotta check on the baby...take care all
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR, nope, 4 yrs. for us too! Poor K! I'm home with my 2 today also. We went to the ped. this AM...Robby has double ear infections. Poor thing, I suspected he was fussing with his ears a couple times this past week, but didn't really think ear infection. Peter's almost as miserable, but no ear infection. Both of them have clear lungs, just all in the head, I guess. She said to go ahead and switch to the Zyrtec for Peter, since the cold & cough med. wasn't doing much. And she told me that I shouldn't have been giving Robby the pediacare until 6 mos. I didn't know, was giving him just .4 mL a couple times a day. She said don't worry about it, just treat the symptoms. Both of them were running 101.9° yesterday.

About the interview...was supposed to go at 4:30 today, but I just talked to her and she said the person I'm supposed to meet with has a meeting she has to be in, so I'm going at lunch tomorrow. Said it won't take more than a 1/2 hr. They could offer me the job, because I'm meeting with the mgr. of HR.

I got new sneakers so I'll probably join Curves tomorrow night. DH has a drill tonight, so I can't do it.

Hi Everyone!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #8  

Good Luck LBH, I've just expanded my job search, after I realized there were only two job openings in the entire Northeast, and while I've applied for both, I can't imagine I am the only person applying for both. I hope you hear good news in your interview.

RoadRunner, hope sick days end soon! I feel like moms should get to wear army jackets with stripes and stars awarded for sicknesses and accidents. Pneumonia should get you a silver star.

Lisa, I loved this time of year in school, good luck in the next couple of weeks.

I'm debating whether to take today off from exercise - I've done 8 days in a row now, including running/walking my first 5k on Saturday. You would have thought by the my smile crossing the finish line that I'd won, not done it in 50 minutes! But I was so happy! Completing a 5k was one of my first goals and I did it! Now I am looking at improving my time, and am scouring the net trying to find weekly 5ks I can participate in. I got a t-shirt and a door prize (a fuel belt for a size "M" - who knows, maybe one day I will be a "M".)

How are people doing with their weight/exercise goals? Shall we have our own 30 something challenge?
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:17 AM   #9  
LBTEPA

Oh RR you poor thing, a sick baby is so hard, they suffer so and don't understand
Good luck with your exams LP, and your job interview Lauren! I have an interview on Thursday, for a job I really want, so I'm really excited. I work part-time at the moment, nice people but 35min by train from home and small $$$ b/c it's a not-for-profit organisation. This new one is full-time and 20 min from home. It would be a wrench if I got it b/c I'd miss my 2 days with my little girl, but I have to get a move on career-wise eventually! And I'd be much richer
Momadance - well done for doing a 5km! Funruns and fitness events are such a buzz, but your first one is scary. I love wearing my event t-shirts to my gym - it's a bloke muscle gym and not many late-30s women go there so I have to keep my end up LOL. I'm not very good at challenges, what sort were you thinking of?
Everyone have a good week
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Moma--I am with U...Maybe we can do a weekly challenge of time or distance every Sunday..diet goals etc and then the results the next Sunday when we set new goals....Small goals/self challenges are easier to achieve then say July 4th goals...I stay more focus on the weekly than the monthly!!

It has rained all night here...hopefully the pollen has been destroyed!!along with the stinging caterpillars...Does everyone have those horrible creatures???I will have to scan a pic and show U if U dont!! They make beautiful butterflies so I feel guily killing them..but if the kids step or touch them, it is a mess..

K slept better last night...I did breathing treatments and then fell asleep until her hot body turned on me..104 degrees so I hit her with ibuprofen and gave her some juice and she is wet so it worked..However, SD#1 is home from school with the same symptoms..she has soo many crackles in her lungs I am taking them both in..Do I get 2 silver stars??

LB and LBH--Good luck on the interviews!!!!
Moma--Good luck on the search!!!

Gotta go...Off to dress for the MD's office...
Hello to all!!!
Daily Goal----Do 15 minutes of treadmill!!!hahaha motherhood has changed my excercise times!!!
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #11  

Default new here

I am new to this site.

I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Rhonda and I am 32. I have been married for 12 years and have two kids. (8 and 11) I am a SAHM.

RSRosey
RSRosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #12  

Hi Rhonda, Welcome! RR - I found having the 5k to work towards really helped me stay on track, and wasn't sure if doing something like it (say 5 veggies/day for 7 days) would help me with other areas as well.
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:25 AM   #13  

Rosey, Welcome to the group. My name is Lisa and I have been on here a while. I am 31 and go to college full time. I have 4 classes and only 5 weeks left. (Not that Im counting) I was married for almost 10 years. (Now I am not) I have no children and that pretty much covers it.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:28 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone,

I have some new pics.

This was during his nap yesterday:

This was him reading to Dad a couple nights ago:

Lady: Wow on the snow in CO. I'm so glad we are done with the snow! Now if it would just warm up and stay warm. It was too chilly to play outside yesterday, but it was wonderful on Sunday. Go figure!

RR: Oh Geeze, she's been so sick. I hope she is feeling better soon. I think you need to move to Arizona! Get her out of the allergen zone.

Lauren: Good luck with the interview. And I hope your boys are feeling better too. Wow, double ear infection? Geeze. Poor baby.

Moma: Cool on the 5k. That is totally awesome.

LB: I'll cross my fingers for you too! I hope you get your job.

RR: Oh geeze, they're both sick now? Man, I think you need gold stars for that.

Rosy: Welcome! This is a great place for support.

Last edited by KarenK; 04-20-2005 at 02:10 PM. Reason: fix link; remove pix
Old 04-12-2005, 05:58 PM   #15  

Karen, what a cutie! How old is he again?