Old 04-19-2005, 08:23 AM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Rhonda, I've never tried any of that stuff. I really don't think most of them work, and you have to be careful of herbal stuff, just like regular drugs.

LB, Thanks, I was going to ask what Anzac Day was. Enjoy your weekend in the country, sounds nice!

Lisa, Ugh, study, study, study...good luck on the mid-term!

My MIL drives me nuts, but not because of anything she actually does to me, it's just the way she is!

Not doing too bad with my goals, except that i changed my dentist appt. to May 2nd, since everyone is sick, I needed to be home. Going to try and go to Curves tonight, but DH is home today again, so I have to pick up the kids and bring them home first. I think I got all my water in...

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:44 AM   #17  

Hi everyone, just checking in. I've been enjoying our amazing weather, going for long walks everyday and trying to squeeze in some yoga at night. I've been job hunting for three weeks now and have lots of resumes out there, but no interviews yet. I am trying to make the switch from finance to academics and sometimes forget things move much, much slower in colleges than the do in the business world. The silence is more likely a result of the process than of my application, right?

I'm running out of clothes. I took five big trash bags full of clothing that didn't make me feel fabulous (too big, too ugly, you know the drill) and what remains fits, but is getting bigger every day. I bought a whole bunch of spring stuff in February for a trip to Florida but now it is all way too big. But until I know where I'll be working (academics, back in finance, publishing?) I don't want to committ to a new wardrobe.
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:38 AM   #18  
one more time

Smile

Hi everyone!! Well, my little one (a year today) is sick again. We aren't too sure what is going on. The Peditrician wants to ride out this course of antibiotics and see what happens. I'm thinking ears may not be the whole problem this time. He does have another ear infection, but I think there may be something else going on. DH is home with him and I think that he (DH) is getting cranky spending day number two with a cranky baby.

Fortunately, my MIL is cool. It's my mother that drives me abosultely insane . Both mom and MIL live in the same town as me. We all live on opposite sides of town. Enough space between us all though, no surprise vistis...usually

Rhonda--The only herbal stuff I have used is Metabolife and it just made me jittery. Saw a commercial for Lipotrin (sp??)which looked interesting, but I'm sure it's expensive so just more stuff that doesn't work **sigh**

LB-- Sounds like a great weekend!!

Momadance-- Something will come around soon

Lisa-- Good Luck with the midterms!!

LBH-- That is such a sweet pic in your signature.
ladyhawke1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:28 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all

Tonight there was only a little bit of studying. We went to Findlay, OH (1 hr south of us) for my grandmothers b-day. I showed her all the stuff I am doing for my History of Ireland class. (My last name is McCartney and theirs is McCann.) I kinda took it easy tonight. I do all my homework on the computer and I don't have a laptop, so I took notebook paper. (didn't write much - not my style)

Well I need to get going, I need to wake up in the morning. Talk at ya'll later.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:32 AM   #20  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Rosey--Dont mix any diet aide with Welbutrin or any medicine in the antidepressant/antianxiety classes...I started Lexapro and my MIL doesnt bother me at all!!!
She visits twice a year cuz we are on opposite sides of the USA!!!!

Goal wise--Excellent with diet but only escaped to the treadmill for 9 minutes before the radar signaled to the Princess where mom was!!

Lady--Hope the baby is better...Mine had 21 ear infections in 24 months soo I can sympathize...After the second set of tubes and adenoids removed in Nov--NO MORE!!!!

Hello all..gotta run to work~~~(ok..drive)
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #21  

Default MILs and Meds

~~Rosey--Dont mix any diet aide with Welbutrin or any medicine in the antidepressant/antianxiety classes..~~

Really? None of them at all? or is there a posibility my Doc could tell me which one would be ok?

~~I started Lexapro and my MIL doesnt bother me at all!!! ~~
Lexapro must be REALLY good if your MIL is anything like mine...LOL...I guess I am on the wrong med.

Rhonda
RSRosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:38 PM   #22  
LBTEPA

Hi everyone
how are you going? It's really getting to autumn (fall) here - the nights are quite cold now but the days are sunny (so far). Yesterday morning I slept really badly but I still got up and went to run at the gym (2nd time ever) so the day started with a win! DH worked out how to make our new ADSL connection work too so our internet is 5 times faster now, yay!
Rosey - Definitely check with your Dr about mixing those classes of drugs - you could really mess up your mind and body!
Momadance - what agreat feeling it is to toss those big clothes - the new you is emerging like a butterfly :-). Fingers crossed for some resolution on the work front.
Now DD is getting cranky, better go and shovel some weetbix into her mouth while she throws her toast on the floor LOL
Have a great day everyone
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #23  

LBTEPA, thanks. I went out for a quick mall trip tonight (suddenly found myself with 3 interviews downtown tomorrow and all my suits are being repaired). I was quite surprised when I fit into a size I haven't seen in years! Maybe decades?

Love to hear how it is "down under" as my brother in law lives in Brisbane.
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:23 PM   #24  

Moma, that is great news about the suits!! Keep up the good work.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:55 PM   #25  
looking for size 12!

Default new here

Just joined tonight! The more I try to loose the more I gain... ugh. I am tired of being overweight but don't want to be skinny. A friend of mine at work just had a stroke (she's in her 50's, diabetic, high BP, and obese). I want to take better care of myself before I get into those risk categories!

I have 3 great kids! A 4 year old girl, a 9 year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old boy. I teach special education. My major downfall as an eater would have to be that fact that I never feel full. I can always eat.

Kristina
newmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:24 AM   #26  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Welcome Kristina!!!
Off to work!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #27  
one more time

LB-- Well, I thought we were moving into spring and I planted a bunch of flowers and now the rest of the week it's supposed to be between the 40 and 50 all week. Hopefully they don't freeze.

Moma-- It must be fun to buy smaller clothes. I can't wait!!

Kristina--Welcome!! What is your method of your new lifestyle WW, South Beach, counting calories and fat etc.?

Hey, just out of curiosity has anyone seen the infomercial (or own) the Easy Shaper by fitness quest? Just wondering if it's any good. I'm not too impressed by the name, but the excercises look like they might be pretty reasonable for my off days of the Firm?

Have a great day everyone
ladyhawke1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:45 AM   #28  

Lady, at least you are going to be in the 40's over the weekend. They are calling for winter mix of precipitation. I will be so glad when it stays warm. (Probably Aug.)

Welcome Kristina! My name is Lisa.

Well off to study.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:39 PM   #29  
No description available.

Hi all, Welcome Kristina!

We are such a busy group, between school (hang in there Lisa!), working (or looking for work, which is a full time job!), those wonderful gorgeous babies of all ages (and I am including partners in that!! ), I just have to say, KUDOS to each of us for making time to take care of ourselves! In order to be the best we can be for those we love and for those we are otherwise obligated to, we have to fuel our bodies well, and work our muscles and bones. We have something figured out that most people don't....effort for ourselves pays off 10 fold.

So, ya'll give yourselves a big pat on the back, drink a big glass of water, and work some exercise into your day. Cause you're worth it and fabulous!!!

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:59 PM   #30  

Jen, thanks for that uplifting post. Not that I am counting but after tonight's class I will have 3 weeks of school. I get out at 8pm and I plan on going to the gym afterwords. I need it. Just one more major project to do. 26 page Business Prospectus due on the 14th of May.

Hope everyone is doing well today.