Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/190/135

Height: 5'6"

Man you guys are talking about snow! I was really upset that it is raining out here! It was beautiful on Tuesday like 70 degrees. My goal is to lose 10lbs this month. However between Super Bowl Sunday and my husbands birthday being celebrated tomorrow and the 14th I might be in for a rude awakening. That's cool though. Just as long as I remain focused in between and afterwards.
Ross111104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #92  
KTB

S/C/G: 189/176.4/135

Height: 5'1

The Superbowl really screwed with my weight loss this week. Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross111104 View Post
Man you guys are talking about snow! I was really upset that it is raining out here! It was beautiful on Tuesday like 70 degrees. My goal is to lose 10lbs this month. However between Super Bowl Sunday and my husbands birthday being celebrated tomorrow and the 14th I might be in for a rude awakening. That's cool though. Just as long as I remain focused in between and afterwards.
KTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Booo guess I didn't really think about the fact that next weekend is "Valentine's Day Weekend" and all the places are pretty booked up so unless we want to spend almost 300 a night it's not going to happen.

I managed to do 15 min on the eliptical and about 30 sit ups, and 20 side crunches each today. My back and neck really hurt though. I'm not going to give up my personal training but man I can't wait for my next doctor appointment.

I need to get my butt back in gear to calorie counting. I lost about .4 lbs the last 4 days. I've been kind of side tracked, but back on the straight and narrow today!
Brunch.. cuz I got up late :P was 1.5 scrambled eggs (no milk) and 1.5 pieces of bacon in a half hone wheat pita (pita's are amazing i've decided) 1 cup of coffee total calories...345 not to shabby
Snacks: 2 oz Raspberries, 2 oz Blackberries, 5 oz Strawberries, and 15 grapes 150 calories
Dinner : 2oz angel hair pasta with shrimp scampi - no shirmp though
1/4 cup Spinach, and 1/4 crusted Tilapia fillet 514 calories...

grand total.. 1009 calories. This means I can still have my air popped popcorn and some hot chocolate tonight
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #94  

Ktb-oh my goodness. Super Bowl set me back bug time. But I am back to where I was pre Super Bowl so we will see what happens with my husbands events. But here is how I look at it. I am ok with the set backs because I know that if I don't just enjoy myself on special occasions then I am going to start resenting the process. For me the set backs are contributing to my consistency. Bein conscious if the fact that these are special occasions is a big deal. I was thinking today how did I eat the way that I used to eat on a regular basis and not weigh 1,000 lbs. I don't know but the fact that I am contiencious about what I eat on a regular basis is HUGE!

Skinnygirldreams- you are doing great! Keep it up.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #95  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi everyone, I'm Laura

Things were rough this week. I was sick and I've only been able to run 4 miles this week. All in all I had gained 3 lbs but lost 2 again so I'm just up 1. Now that I'm better hopefully I get to jog more this weekend.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #96  

Laura- I want to try and get I to running but I just can't seem to like it. I love working out and go to the gym for bootcamp but I haven't gotten the running bug. So when I hear 4 miles I am like Wow! You're doing great and you are going to look marvelous darling in your wedding dress! Congratulations!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #97  

Height: 5'6.5"

Good afternoon everyone! I had a Valentine's Breakfast at my Mom's house and I did pretty good. I asked her what the menu was going to be, so I sort of pre-planned beforehand.

Laura - I'm sure you'll have a great week now that you are feeling better!

Skinnygirldreams - DH and I don't really do anything for Valentine's day anymore since having kids. I asked him for a babysitter so we could go to the movies, but I don't think I'll get even that, LOL. It sounds like your personal training is working out well! Enjoy your popcorn and hot chocolate.

Ross - Snow is overrated, you can have it! LOL
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #98  

Laura- We aren't actually doing anything Valentine's Day because I work 3p-1130p. That weekend just happened to be my next weekend off. He did, however, get us tickets to the Chicago Blackhawks game on the 19th for my V-Day gift..which makes me super excited! I am a die-hard Hawks fan. And he's a guy.. so he thinks tickets to a sports event for a V-day gift is awesome, cuz he doesn't have to be all mushy about it. haha
I'm jealous of all the snow everyone is getting but Illinois We want to go snowboarding/skiing.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #99  

Skinnygirldreams - That's awesome! My DH is a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, but we haven't gone to a game in years...the tickets just got too ridiculously expensive. We go to alot of Jays games though.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #100  

Well then he probably knows who Viktor Stalberg is. He played on the Maple Leafs a few years ago... He's my famous heart throb lol. He got traded to the Hawks a few years ago. I met him Last Feb. <3 He signed my Stalberg Jersey. sigh...
My BF and I are White Sox fans. I think I am getting him Home Opener tickets for V-Day... That or a Snowboarding Day trip. One of the two!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Default Day in the life of a neurotic, calorie-counting 30-something

Just posted about my Sunday and came to the conclusion that I'm neurotic. I don't know how my DH deals with me. Is anyone else out there crazy with their food too?

So, this weekend was so busy! In the world of weight loss though, I bought a 5 lb hula hoop for core exercises. Anyone ever seen one or done one before? I had one at my gym in college, so I was excited to see it when I was out today. I'm anxious to use it again - should make for good cardio.

Food prep seemed to take me forever this evening, lol. Lots of veggie chopping and fruit chopping/scooping, and tuna spread making. Typically, my food prep involves portioning out veggies for salad and making sandwiches. But tonight it took forever! So, allow me to tell you ALL the food i made

1. Rolled 4 chicken-cheese-rice burritos (with leftover chicken/salsa from last week)
2. Tuna spread (for the DH) = 3 cans tuna, 5 tbs olive oil mayo, chopped carrots and broccoli stalks, lemon pepper seasoning
3. Portioned out 8 salads = baby spinach, spring mix greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers (thrown into a snack bag to prevent wilting throughout the week - a highly effective strategy)
4. Balled 1 whole cantelope (sp?)
5. Balled 1/4 watermelon
6. Cut up 10 strawberries and mixed all the fruit together for fruit salad (portioned out into smaller containers)

The DH helped by prepping a chicken and veggie stew (almost a soup but no noodles or rice added because the potatoes are enough starch).

So. Much. Chopping. Balling. And Portioning.

Ah well, it's worth it when you know how you eat and need to eat (there's a difference). If I didn't portion out the salad stuff, it wouldn't have lasted the week because it would have wilted. Without portioning out the fruit salad, I would eat the entire thing in 1-2 sittings (not kidding, it's happened before, leaving me very bloated and unhappy, lol). If I had not sat here tonight and balled out all that melon, it would have sat in the refrigerator all week going bad while I went about my way looking for quick snack fixes.

So, there we have it. A look into my neurotic brain, and my awesome husband who helps/partially enables me Thanks for letting me share it here!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #102  

Coffe-I swear I want to be like you! If only I could be neurotic too! LOL! I was just thinking today as I was grazing though my pantry (grazing=diet killer) that failure to plan is planing to fail! The weekends are my downfall and I have yet to get myself together yet. I will though. I am going to do a better job of planning out my meals on the weekend. But you know when I think about it. I consider it work. And I try to make my weekends as chill as possible. If i don't have to leave the house I wont! If I didn't have to do laudry I wouldn't! LOL no but seriously I am like the laziest person on the weekends. I think it is because I never feel like I have time to relax so I try my hardest to on the weekends. FOr instance today when my 1 and 3 year old were napping. That would be prime time to get some things done around the house. Or maybe meal prep right? WRONG!!! That is prime time to plop my self on the couch and do nothing and relish in the silence (i have the loudest and most demanding children on the face of the earth). But you know it is something that I am going to have to get over and suck it up and do becuase it is for the greater good. Ahhh the onion....
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #103  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Smile

This is going to be a very busy week so I want to get my exercise in whenever I can. Today I jogged 4 miles.
Tomorrow I'm taking 2 toddlers (niece & nephew) to Pump It Up. And last time I realized what a workout it is! (it's a gymnasium full of bouncy houses. The basketball in the bouncy house is hard because standing upright is hard enough but lifting a 3 yr old to reach basket height is easier said than done. And the giant bouncy slide is really high and you have to climb up a rope ladder. Ever climb a rope ladder with a 40-lb toddler?) I'm going to wear my heart rate monitor for sure!
Tomorrow I have dinner out with the church ladies but I'll be good and stick to my calories.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Chubbygirl - great job jogging 4 miles! And, I can attest that lifting a 3 yr old to the basketball hoop is tougher than it looks. Sounds like you have quite the productive weekend!

Ross - thanks for the positive feedback on my food prep, lol. The DH and coworkers laugh supportively (some of them scoff but we all have those kind of coworkers, ya know? ). As for my weekends, I minimize my health goals ( I do relax from time to time, lol), and i make sure that i 1. Food prep and 2. Don't eat after 8pm. It works well since I clean the house and go grocery shopping (well sat I napped most of the day which made Sunday so busy) so it keeps me busy but not stressed because i have no time contraints on the weekend. All I say to myself is (for fitness goals) "all you need to do is food prep and not eat after 8pm". Granted, its more involved than that, but its a good mental trick that helps me feel relaxed and productive simultaneously.

Ok, posting via phone is tougher than i thought, lol. Happy Monday all!

Last edited by coffeeshopgirl; 02-11-2013 at 06:43 AM.
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #105  

Goodmorning 30-somethings! Another day of work on the way. I'm waiting for the madness to begin in my house - getting myself and the kids ready and to the bus on time and then off to my uber-stressful job. I had a great weekend overall...and I have a 4 day weekend coming up, so there is much to look forward to.

coffeeshopgirl - I do some prep ahead of time, but nothing like you do! That's amazing. I want to be you when I grow up

Laura - I have been noticing your workouts on MFP....simply amazing! I'm trying to work myself up to even walking for a good amount of time. I'm hoping by May I'll be working up to doing the C25K. I know where to come for inspiration

Ross - I have two kids, who are now 7 & 8, so I've been in your shoes. Trust me, when they are napping, you rest. There will come a time when you won't really need that rest anymore because they will be independent. But take it where you can get it. Do your chores while they are awake, that's what I used to do

Skinnygirldreams - Funny, we were looking into a series in Boston in May. Not sure we're going to do it anymore, but we'll see. It's about a 8-9 hour drive.

Last edited by Laura78; 02-11-2013 at 07:00 AM.