Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #151  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

Hey Skinnygirldreams-

Thank you for the kind words regarding my break up, I appreciate that. It is getting easier every day, and I know it was the best decision. Tonight I had a nice dinner with family and we had lots of laughs and smiles, it felt great! I desperately needed and wanted some humor and relaxation which I am getting!

That's great that you like your trainer! They can be wonderful! I hope she continues to help and empower you. That's great about getting back on track with the weight, I need to do the same. I gained about 15 lbs. on a medicine in January, which is frustrating. I was sick with the flu and pneumonia this past month so I haven't been able to exercise but I am taking walks now and hope to go swimming indoors again soon.

Take care!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Even break ups that are for the best suck! Lol I had one of those a couple of years ago. I know some people tend to binge eat after but me... I lose weight and lost 30 when I had mine gym and cal watching...sadly I gained it all back when I injured my back and wasn't able to work out for 6 months. Family and friends can definitely make the difference
Pneumonia sucks for sure. I've had it twice since 2004. Hope you can get back to your old new self haha.
I'm really hoping to break out of the 20s in the next 2 weeks. Gotta keep chugging along. I'm determined. I'm heading to Florida in the middle of may with my boyfriend,, parents, sister, and nephew. I want to look decent lol hoping for a 20 lb loss by the .. We shall see!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #153  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink

Hey again Skinnygirldreams

Yeah break ups really can be rough! Thank you for your empathy! I haven't really been binge eating but I haven't been eating very healthily either. Yes, I agree that family and friends can be a huge support!

Yeah pneumonia is very scary, I'm sorry you've had it before too. I am feeling much better now, just still a little fatigued.

Good luck continuing on the weight loss journey, it can be a tough path at times but keep the faith and don't give up!

Take care...
Old 03-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #154  

You and I may be the only ones left on this forum right now! Lol
Glad you are starting to feel better! The fatigue will go away with time.
Man my abs hurt today from my session yesterday! Lol still made myself work out today for 30 minutes did 12 min on the elliptical and then spent 20 doing some of the exercises I have learned through my sessions.
I work at 3p today so I've packed up my planned dinner and will be staying within my allotted calories today again I also made my boyfriends dinner which is in the crockpot. Tomorrow ill be taking that for dinner. Chicken w/ diced Italian seasoned tomatoes, green peppers, artichokes, and onions over a single serving of brown rice.. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow haha! I haven't figured out that calorie amount yet but I will. It shouldn't be too bad since it is all whole ingredients
Old 03-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #155  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Smile

Lol Skinnygirldreams-

You're right, we're the only two participating in this thread! I wonder why it has become so quiet...

I think the fatigue will get better too, so far it has improved. I think I may try going swimming indoors next week and see how I feel.

That's great that you have been exercising so much, good for you! Today I walked over 20 city blocks, which is about a mile. It felt great! I am trying to keep building up my strength.

Your dinner sounds yummy! I have heard that there are a lot of great dishes that can be made from a crockpot. I personally don't use one but I do want to start cooking more. I live alone so I like things that are simple, quick and easy.

Take care!
Old 03-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #156  

I don't know why it's so quite lately. I took a little Hiatus from here for 2 weeks when I wasnt really keeping on track with anything. Prior to that we were all quite chatty!
A mile isn't too shabby yourself

Crockpot is awesome. You can do smaller meals in it too probably would have to tweek the cooking time but it can be done. When I lived alone I would measure out 2 portions of everything and cook it at the same time then I would have lunch or dinner for work the next day. I'd serve one portion up, and put the other portion straight into tupperware so that I wasn't tempted to eat it haha.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #157  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink

Hi Skinnygirldreams-

Thanks! Yeah, it felt great walking today . Personally, I find walking so invigorating and refreshing,it really clears my mind.

I know a lot of people who like their crockpots, but it concerns me to leave an appliance plugged in for a long period of time. I am sure it is safe but it worries me.

I had a nice steak dinner tonight, I had prime rib, it was delicious. I also shared a dessert with family. I do want to improve my eating habits though.

Take care
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #158  

I was just thinking that I want to see if my BF wants to take the dogs for a walk tomorrow (we have 3) it just snowed a bunch here in illinois on tuesday, but it's already starting to melt away since it's been in the 40s the last 3 days. If not, I'll just do the elliptical again and some of the exercises I've learned through my trainer.

Your dinner sounds delicious. I am a firm believer in eating what ever I want, as long as it fits within my allotted calories. It ends up being pretty healthy so that I don't have to starve the whole day for one meal haha. Yesterday I had a good breakfast (egg beater omlet with feta cheese, spinach, garlic, and mushrooms... and 2 oz of turkey sausage) and a decent lunch but around 3. so with my remaining calories I was feeling munchy so I made air popped popcorn, and a small ice cream sundae (1/2c ice cream, 1 tbs sugar free chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and a cherry) delicious! Managed to stay under 1500 calories for the day
On another note.. weighed myself today. and I lost all of my small gain of 1.2 lbs plus an additional .5 lbs yay
Old 03-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #159  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Red face

Hey again,

I had a great night but when I was laying down I started to get teary and upset again my break up. It's just so darn hard and painful! I am just glad I am with my family now, even though I leave Monday.

Congrats on your weight loss, way to go!

I wish I were more chatty but I am tired and a little blue.

Good night.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #160  

It's alright. Totally understandable. I'm glad you have had your family to help you get through! I'm sure you know but it gets easier as time passes. I didn't date anyone seriously for a year after my last big break up. Just concentrated on me and spent times with my friends. It was actually after that when I lived all by myself for the first time. I loved having a place all to myself and my dog Sophie. Sometimes I miss it but shhhh don't tell Sean. I like living with him too. We are just together every waking minute except when I'm at work. Sometimes I miss just going home to a quiet home with no one to talk to at all hahaha
Old 03-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #161  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i still pop in here when i remember to...mostly i'm on the daily chat in the weight loss support section...

breakups definitely suck...i've been divorced once (although that wasn't that bad actually) and then went through a horrible breakup also with someone else...THAT one was heartbreaking but it led me to meet someone else and we totally fell in love and have been together for 10 years now, married for 3

pneumonia is horrible...i get pneumonia at least once a year, as well as bronchitis and various ear and sinus infections....i know exactly when i have pneumonia and go for xrays to confirm it...i learned the hard way NOT to ignore it, as i did that the first time i got pneumonia...i thought i had pulled a muscle in my back and it hurt so bad that my DH took me to the emergency room and the doctor later said that it wasn't my back hurting, it was my lungs filling up with fluid eek!

i dont post in here much because i also post in that other section....but i'm also very busy...i work full time managing a childcare center, i have 2 boys and DH, my boys are 6 and 15...and i also am on a board of directors for an early education nonprofit group in town...keeps me busy!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #162  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink Thanks for the support

Thanks so much for the support! The break up hurt so much because I never loved a man as deeply as him. Also, we both did and said some really mean and stupid stuff towards the end. We are both able to leave things on civil terms now which makes me feel a lot better. It's interesting and a shame how love can bond people, then rip them apart.

The pneumonia was very scary for me. My pulse was racing, I had a fever and I felt light headed my first night in the hospital. Both my mother and my grandmother had pneumonia at different points in their lives, may my grandmother rest in peace, she died from the pneumonia. So, I was petrified and terrified when the ER doc said I had pneumonia. Fortunately, the hospital staff did a great job of taking care of me, giving me three antibiotics at once and IV fluids. I felt better within a week or two. Now I feel pretty good, just tired.
Alaskanlaughter, I am so sorry you keep on getting sick. I get sick often too. Next month I see a doctor who is both an allergist and pulmonologist at the advice of my ENT doc. I am hoping he will help me get to the bottom of why I get sick so often. I hope you can figure out why you get sick often too and treat it.

Take care! It's great to see you post here again, Alaskanlaughter!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #163  

Well, I was talking to the bf today telling him that I wanted to do a 5k this fall.. His response? Why don't we do one this spring. He is a runner. He did a half marathon last summer and a 5k or two. I know I won't be able to run a 5k by spring but most of them are run/walks so I figured. Why not? I mean I know I can walk the 5k. We take the dogs on 4 mile walks, so I think we will sign up. I just told him he will just have to wait for me at the end haha
Old 03-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #164  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink

That sounds awesome Skinnygirldreams! Good for you! What breeds of dogs do you have? I love dogs! I don't have any right now but I did growing up and being in NYC this weekend to see family, there are so many different dogs!

I just went for another walk, about twenty blocks or so, so another mile, maybe just under. My legs are a little sore from the walking but it feels good!

I am about to go meet a friend for tea, maybe I'll get a bite to eat too. This place has such healthy and yummy food.

Take care
Old 03-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #165  

We have wave who is an almost 7 yr old chow cocker spaniel mix (his dog)... But has rotwieler coloring lol, Sophie is a 4 yr old collie (my dog), and a 10 mo old border collie/ Australian cattle dog mix named Zoey. Zoey was suppose to be temporary lol my sister rescues her from a guy not talking care of her and we were going to foster til she moved in June with her bf but they broke up and she isn't moving anymore so now we have 3 dogs!
Enjoy your lunch I Pre packed my dinner and snacks with the chicken from last night and some yogurt, fruit and what not. Even put corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot for the bf for his dinner it's one of his favs.
I have to head to work now I didn't work out today figure ill take stairs instead of elevators at work still sore and I meet with my trainer again tomorrow so taking today off isn't the worst idea.