Old 09-21-2007, 05:49 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30-Somethings Daily Chat: [TGI]Friday, September 21

Just a quick fly-by to send out daily 's and to wish everyone a
Happy Friday
Hopefully I'll get a moment to make a proper posting today, if not I guess I'll have to wait until I get back.

Take care!
:Lawrence
Bringing you Roostery Goodness Since 2006.

Last edited by RXZephyr; 09-21-2007 at 05:50 AM.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:40 AM   #2  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' Roo & Everyone Out There!!!!

OMG, I'm just a couple of ounces off from 18 pounds down now!!

I'm trippin'! Slim: BTW, It has been really hard...and believe it or not, I haven't been losing all along. I just started dropping this weight as of like the 2nd week of July. Before that I couldn't lose a darn thing w/this disease...but the right medicine helps....the right dose will help more!!!

Ok, I should be leaving for work right now and I haven't even jumped in the shower! RUNNING SOOOO LATE!!!

Love ya, MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:54 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey roo

Hey Mo

Sorry I didn't get in any posts yesterday. Busy busy. Somedays I get so tired of being so busy. I got a question for you all and would appreciate some feedback.

There is a nurse at our doc office. I used to babysit for her but her son went to preschool and it took me a month to get paid and so I sent her a certified letter. Anyhow aoubt 6 months ago I dealt with an issue that I told the truth about, I was vague, but was not worried about it. She had started telling people what a liar me and my family are. Well my son starts dating this great girl and her mom is the office manager at work and she tell her at work that he is just like his mother and father Liars. I am so pissed, I really feel like calling the hosital today and telling them they will either have her shut her mouth and apologize or I will contact my attorney and sue for Slander. I am not sue crazy but ughh I use that facility alot and it makes me very angry that she is getting away with crap like this. I would like some feedback guys!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morn all...nothing exciting....just barely awake..waking for coffee to kick in.

bigjohn- ummm i'd take animal waste any day LOL...congrats on getting back into the Gee.

mo - glad you are finally finding meds and food that is working for you

sheila - sorry about the lies people are saying.
slim - yep i did stay out of the kitchen and left some food for today.
other than that...nothing exciting..need to get ready for work..bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #5  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey GG: It is only one person
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Morning all.

Sheila- You shouldn't have to put up with it. I would see if there a place you can register a complaint with her at the hospital.

Come on Sunday!
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #7  
KAR

Morning All,
Roo glad to see you beat me to posting the thread today. Enjoy your overnight stay with your dw!
Mo hope you got your butt in gear and made it to work on time. I have days like that too so I can feel your pain honey. But atleast it is Friday.
Shelia, I would call the hospital and launch formal complanit against her. Just because she owned you money and you had to take matters in your own hands to get it doesn't mean that she needs to slander your name and reputation now. Hope today goes well for you.
GG hope your day goes well for you. Enjoy your snack today.
John what a snazzy pic of you in your avitar. Hope today goes well for you at work.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a great day!
I came to work this morning was in a great mood. That mood lasted until one of my students informed me that a couple of them was talking bad about me to the sub yesterday. They wished that I never came back and that he was their sub. So I have not been in a good mood since than. Really should not let it get to me, but it hurts because I am with these kids all day long and have developed strong feelings for them. Like they were my own kids. Have to think twice about going out of my way to give up some of my free time to do things for them after school hours for awhile.
Well off to try and get out of my bad mood. If nothing else works, maybe a drink or two tonight when we go out with some friends for dinner will help.
Chat with you all later
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

Kerry, Hang in there, you're doing a great job for them! I'm sure they appreciate you deep down, whether they realize it or not. It might just be their emotional problems saying that stuff.

John, Great pics!

GG, I missed the post about the anal glands, but I had to laugh, I had a husky/shep mix that had to have her anals squeezed every few months! Blech! You have to remember to stand to the side, silly!!

Sheila, OK, lemme get this straight. This is your primary docs office right? The nurse is the one that owed you money...did she pay you after the letter? The office mgr. of that same office is your son's girlfriend's mom? And the nurse is badmouthing your family to the office mgr? Did the OM/Mom tell you this? Hope she has the good sense to not believe it. As far as the "lie", did it have anything to do with the nurse to begin with?? She should keep her nose out of it! Chances are, the OM knows what a BS'er she is, if she works for her, so I wouldn't worry about it!

Hey Roo & MO, nice to see you!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #9  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Morning all! I am up extra early today (I got up at 5:30) Got DD up early too and mage her a big breakfast - I also am putting extra effort into her hair today being that it is picture day @ school. We put her hair in those twisty rollers last nigh - I don't know how that girl sleeps in those things, I put em in my hair one night and could not sleep at all cause it hurt to lay on them. She begged me to put em in last night though, so I did.
I think i planned a little too much cause we have a lot longer to go till she has to leave and we have time to kill.

Sheila - I agree with the others that it is a good idea to call in a formal complaint - no need for you to put up with that kind of high school non sense.

Jogn - Lookin good!!!

Kerry - wow, i bet your feeling were hurt - I bet they actually don't feel this way - they were probably just trying to butter up the sub!

GG - have a great day at work!

Mo - Hey gilrl!!!

Roo - Happy Friday
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone!

John!
Nice pic handsome! Congrats! How tall are you? You look very tall!

Sheila
Hey there! Your son's girlfriend is close to her mother I imagine. I would maybe have a nice dinner for everyone and just talk to them about it. I am sure that she loves you and would straighten out any wrong impression that her mom is under.
I am not in for the filing a formal complaint becuase to me, that is just feeding into someone else's Bulls**t, ya know? Why give her the satisfaction? Like I was sayin' to Kerry about her mean lady situation - poeple like that are more affected when you don't take the bait. Filing a formal complaint will just give her more ammo and more reason to run her mouth! If you did, at best she would get a "talking to" and you would be even more of a target for her after that. And I would keep in mind that your son and his girl may not want the situation where you and her mom are tangled in some big ol' complaint thing and it just snowballs.
Sometimes walking away from a situation like this is tough but in the end you will look like the better person and by the sounds of her, I am sure those who spend any time around her already know she's an ***..... Did I say that?
You have the right to be mad but just go punch some pillows and yell a lil'!

Mo
I am going to go do my labwork next week and see if I need a different thyroid med or something - I cannot even think on being on more than 350 mg so maybe I just need a different type altogether!

Blue
Hope picture day goes well for your cutie! My daughters is next Thursday! Cheese!

GG
Have an excellent day at work!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/170/125

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls & and John (lol) ...

I'm still the newbie. Still trying to get settled in here. I hope it will be easier to focus after my vacation. Or maybe I just won't won't have this big excuse looming over my head. I am reading a few books about nutrition right now ... so my spare time is limited! I am also trying to realize when I'm full and when I'm hungry. Sounds like it would be very obvious, but for me, it's not.

Anyway, someone asked me if I exercise or am active ... the answer is a big n -- o. I am going to try to be more active. I want to start with 3 10 minute sessions and work my way up to 4 30 minute sessions.

A big hello & thank you to everyone!
JenniferLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Greetings Guys & Chicks ~

Rooster-Dude! You sound happy today:-). Looking forward to your romantic weekend no doubt ~ enoy!!

MO MO Mama! Girl you are lookin' GOOD! Great pictures. Are friends and family really noticing your weight loss?

Sheila ~ what a spitfire you are! These people are idiots! I don't even know you yet I know enough to not mess with you! Does she know that you are "packin' heat?" Seriously, I think that I'd let it be. I agree with Slim and would kill 'em with kindness.

TGIF GG ~ working all weekend? Your homemade snack sounded delicious.

BJ ~ two more day of work until your day off ~ yippeee!!!! What is wrong with these women??? You actually bought a book about step-parenting ~ very cool.

Kerry ~ Try and take what your student said with a grain of salt. You sound like a wonderful teacher and the actual conversation might have been very different than the one that your student relayed to you. Enjoy your weekend!

Hey there Lauren ~ are you living at the new house all of the time now?

Hi Blue ~ only a few more days until you're fully emplyed again! Two months from now you'll be writing about how bad you need a day off LOL.

Slim ~ you have to try hummus ~ if you like chickpeas you'll love it. I believe that it's just mashed chickpeas (?). I hardly eat the plain kind but love the garlic or roasted red pepper that Trader Joe's sells.

Hi Jennifer ~ good plan on taking small steps for exercise. Baby steps lead to bigger ones. When is your vacation?

I volunteered at the kids school this morning to help make popcorn. Each grade level helps out some sort of charity each month. The First Graders sell popcorn to students one Friday a month. Seemed like a no-brainer and a great way to meet new parents. Six parents showed up to volunteer and none of us knew what the **** we were doing. Imagine monkeys playing basketball and that is what we looked like. We finally figured out the popcorn machines and were on our way an hour later than our start time. We were totally winging it and discovered right before we were finished that we'd been putting in wayyyyyyy too much salt ~ like 4 times too many. Geez, good thing that we're dealing with little kids here that will eat practically anything. If it had been an old folks home they'd all be keeling over with the salt intake. It took a whole lot longer than I would have liked but it was a fun group.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #13  

Joan
You are too funny! Were all the kids yelling "Water, water! We need water!!!!!!!!" HA!!!!!!!!!! I am going to try hummus! It sounds like it would be good on a whole grain cracker maybe even celery? Hummus ants on a log anybody? lol

Yeah I think Sheila should definitely put on the good ol' game face and next time she has to go in there, just be sweet as pie to everyone and just smile at Nurse Ratchet with the biggest most mysterious grin ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make her think - UHOH She knows!!!!!!!!!!!! heehahhha BWWAHhaahaha
Old 09-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Slim
I like how you think... imagine "evil laugh" in the background;-).

Humus is great on lots of stuff; crackers and raw veggies work. I like it eat it on pita bread. You are my fellow Trader Joe's fan, right? Man, I love that place!

We sorta "cheated' earlier while making popcorn. One of the mom's ran over to Dierbergs (local grocery store) and picked up as many huge bags of popcorn that she could get her hands on. We've have been there at least two more hours if she hadn't done that. The stuff that we were making tasted like s---. I just hope that the kids won't know the difference!

Time to go run a few errands before picking up the big kids from school. Hope that everyone has a FABULOUS weekend!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #15  

Joan
I actually own one of those old fashion popcorn makers and it hasn't left the attic in years cause they're a pain in the butt!
I am your fellow Trader Joes fan! LOVE IT! Just went there the other day and grabbed some more of my aloe drinks that you loved so much! LOL
Some Wasabi almonds, some trail mix, some Wasabi rice crackers, and my honey went the other day and got a couple of really nice filet mignons!!!! Going to BBQ them tonight! They just did a big show on Trader Joes on Food Network the other day!

Anyone catch the 2nd episode of Biggest Loser this week? I thought it was a good one! I loved when the Black Team showed up! But Julians gotta stop posing when she is just standing there.....gets annoying! LOL

Ohhhhh 3 more hours til 5:00! Someone at work is having a get together at their house this evening after work and I am torn.....honey said no problem that he would pick up my kiddo from preschool. Part of me feelis like I should go even if just for an hour and part of me just wants to go home and realx with honey and have a few drinks at home and be done with the week! I would fairly say that out of the 30 poeple going, only 3 have kids and would understand - the others will party til they drop LOL!