Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 193/ticker/133

Height: 5'5"

Smile Brand New

Hi everyone! I'm 30 years old, 193 lbs, 5'5" and my goal weight is 60 lbs less; 133 lbs.

Recently, I found out that I have two pinched nerves and a small gallstone and I decided before I went to more doctors I need to lose these 60 lbs first.

Since all my close friends live abroad and there aren't any support groups where I live, I decided I should join this forum because I need your support.

My husband is hot, my daughter is beautiful and they are both mirror images of each other weight-wise. I don't want to be the sick elephant in the room.

Before I had my daughter and just started dating my husband, I was about 160. I ordered the Lisa Lynn Learner Lifestyle complete starter kit and I'm excited to start!

Thanks everyone!
iHealthy
ihealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Coffeegirl- I am not going to lie, the thought of adopting makes me nervous. I've know people who were adopted who didn't turn out so well despite their parents best efforts. i.e. 2 of 3 adopted children ended up in prision.. more than once. Buuuuut my boyfriend's cousin is adopted and she is pretty great. Sooo IDK what to think on it yet. lol I have time though. I think when we are ready we would have a great home for a child.

Doesn't it just tick you off when you don't keep to your calorie count? lol I've been pretty good today. Even treated myself to pretzel m&m's and am still going to be under my calorie max for the day. Hope today's menu is better for you!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #33  

[QUOTE=ChickieBoom;4612065]I just finished Week 4/Day 1 of my Couch to 5k...planning to become a runner in 2013.
QUOTE]

I'm thinking of trying the C2K myself. My boyfriend is a runner. He's done many 5k's and last summer he did a half marathon!

I told him I want to do a 5k this summer, but not to worry he doesn't have to run at my pace lol. he does a mile in like 5-6 minutes. No way will I ever be able to do that .. at least not by this summer! lol
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #34  
Kiz

S/C/G: 179/152/120

Height: 5'2

I made home made granola bars last night (I don't cook, this is equivalent to me saying I flew to the moon last night ) They are super yummy, haven't fallen apart and will be great to snack on since I've been working long hours lately. Small victories eh!

My main aspect to my 'diet' has been to cut out all processed food and drinks other than water. I have my own interpretation of processed food - things like real cheese don't count - because I love them! (not that weird orange liquid stuff you americans call cheese). Anyway, granola bars that aren't filled with preservatives and high fructose corn syrup are really expensive here... and it took like 30 minutes to make them myself with leftover seeds, nuts and raisins andsome honey and oats and cinamon and an egg. I am not actually sure how you are supposed to make them, but I am a fan of interpretive cooking (hence why no one eats my food lol).

ok better go back to work, boo!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I used to be a triathlete before my accident, and I have a really great running program we like to call 'consistently underachieving' (my spelling is awful today sorry!). It can be modified to start whever you are at... and everyone I have ever given it to has loved it! Let me know if any of you are looking for a bit of a running program! If you do want it, then let me know what you can confortably run at the moment without stopping (ie a minute, or 20 minutes or whatever) as there is no point me writing it and it being pitched at the wrong starting point! - also let me know if you have a goal and a date. For example, choose a 5km/10km/half marathon race you'd like to do, and then we can work out the periodisation etc etc so that you get to that on great form.

Last edited by Kiz; 01-29-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Kiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #35  

Kiz- thats awesome. I'm gonna try and make my own granola next week. Gotta wait til pay day to do some grocery shopping! I'm also going to give making Kale chips a shot. Salty crunchy is my downfall. lol
I may take you up on your running program that you have once I actually start running :P I want to do a 5k this summer hopefully! (I have bad feet - had surgery on them in 2009- havent run since I hurt them in 2004 so wish me luck!) lol
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #36  
KTB

S/C/G: 189/176.4/135

Height: 5'1

Klz - Plateaus? Hmm. You've probably tried this but what about significantly staggering your calories for a week? Changing up your exercise routine? Keeping a food journal of everything you put in your mouth? Just some ideas? Btw, looks like a lot of us are short I am 5'l. I laughed at your comment of interpretive cooking. Well done on those homemade granola bars! Mmm mmm. I do want to run again but I tore the ligaments in my ankle late last year and am confined to the elliptical for now. I

lola a - Moved and living and working alone! Wow. Congrats on quitting smoking! Have you decided what you will do? Count calories, etc?

Angihas2 - You'e been busy! Any idea what you will do as well? Count calories, etc?

Skinnygirldreams - Congrats on staying on plan today. I keep reminding myself that consistency is key. I love the idea of a trainer because then you are pushed to your exercise limits. I tend to scale myself back right when I reach that point.

coffeeshopgirl - I missed why you are in a funk but when I have a day like that I just try to get back to better eating the next day. Easier said than done, of course. Diet funk?

ChickeBoom - I love love the idea of not beating ourselves up but moving forward. I need to remind myself of this. I have a friend who did couch to 5k and she's running 5k's now. Good luck with it!!

ihealthy - I just looked up the Lisa Lynn plan because I had no idea what it was. I'd love to hear how it goes. I hope it's perfect for you!

BeachBreeze - I see we are the same height too. Shorties unite. 165 is my first goal. Well that or 18lbs, which is 10% of my current body weight. Who knows, right now I want to get through 1 month.

As for me, I am trying to stick to exercise like an appointment (M/W/Sat), so today was an off day. I've been working on a diet/plan blog since we are doing prepared meals and not many people have reviewed this particular company. The portions for the meals are certainly smaller than I am used to and it has been quite an eye opener!
KTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

KTB - I'm in a diet funk from the holidays. It's just taking me a while to get back on track. Much longer than I thought. But, I'm slowly pulling myself out of it.

I'm also thinking about starting a blog, maybe to journal about diet and other life stuff too.
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeshopgirl View Post
KTB - I'm in a diet funk from the holidays. It's just taking me a while to get back on track. Much longer than I thought. But, I'm slowly pulling myself out of it.

I'm also thinking about starting a blog, maybe to journal about diet and other life stuff too.
I started one on 3fc. It helps me to stay accountable so far! Give it a whirl
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #39  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

KTB - I'm a calorie counter, all I had to do was log into fitday and there was all my info. I did open a LoseIt account, some of us from the 100# club have a little group going. I also linked my c25k and runkeeper apps to my achievemint account and now I earn real rewards. I'm all about the reward system!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #40  
Kiz

KTB: Sometimes it is good to have things pointed out to you again! I do need to mix things up in my routine. Like you mentioned I think my portion sizes are totally out of proportion!

Skinnygirl: happy I inspired someone else with the granola! What did you do to your feet? Maybe running might not be the best idea! Have you thought about other sports instead that are less strain on your feet?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
KTB: Sometimes it is good to have things pointed out to you again! I do need to mix things up in my routine. Like you mentioned I think my portion sizes are totally out of proportion!

Skinnygirl: happy I inspired someone else with the granola! What did you do to your feet? Maybe running might not be the best idea! Have you thought about other sports instead that are less strain on your feet?
I developed plantar fasciitis when I was in basic training in 2004. It never resolved but in the last year it has improved quite a bite. Had surgery on both of them in 2009. I don't know if a 5k is possible for me but it is something I would really like to try. I'm thinking once I lose some more weight it may improve it some more. It's kind of a waiting game to see.
In the mean time, I do enjoy swimming.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #42  
Kiz

Ah Right, well that should be ok then! I have a chronic but mild case of plantar fasciitis after all my operations. As long as you do your stretches and strengthening exercises you should be ok to start on the running, but agree loosing weight would be preferable.

Swimming is good. Is there a local swim club near you? I know people don't like to join a swim club but it makes it so much more fun and you improve so so much so quickly. And you meet other people. Because so many people take up triathlon at an older age, and many are not good swimmers, masters swim clubs are generally welcoming and also used to having all shapes and sizes turn up. (For all I know you are a former olympic swimmer though)

Oh and one of the things that really keeps my plantar fasciitis under control is a weekly foot massage hehe Now if only all of lifes ailments came with perks like that hehe
Old 01-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #43  
KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeshopgirl View Post

I was in a funk all day today. Meh.

I just started a blog, mainly bc we are doing prepared meals and there really were no honest reviews of the company.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #44  
KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
I figured that you knew all that stuff, I was just throwing out ideas. Unfortunately for me, I have never (historically) lost weight without keeping a food journal. I am attempting to log my food at spark people.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #45  
KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angihas2 View Post
KTB - I'm a calorie counter, all I had to do was log into fitday and there was all my info. I did open a LoseIt account, some of us from the 100# club have a little group going. I also linked my c25k and runkeeper apps to my achievemint account and now I earn real rewards. I'm all about the reward system!
Rewards are something I can get behind!! *grin*