Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #16  

Hello! I'm a stay at home mom also, I have 2 girls, ages 2.5 and 4.5. I really love that I'm able to stay home with the kids, but I am so busy taking care of them and the house that I don't really have any time for myself, which means exercise pretty much never happens. I just decided that NOW is the time to get serious about my health, so maybe I'll try going to the gym a few days a week after my husband gets home from work.

I'm very picky about what we feed the kids, unfortunately I don't care about my own health enough to eat the same way. I really want to encourage healthy eating for my kids, and keep them fit and healthy. I know if I eat how they do, I will eventually be fit and healthy as well. I have a long way to go!
DaisysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 203/203/165

Height: 5'5

I'm a 29, almost 30 (hence the reason here... have more in common with 30 something then 20 somethings), stay at home mom.

Staying at home has helped my diet SO much. I can plan good meals and snacked. When I was working full time I ate out almost every lunch, and a lot of breakfasts/dinners too because I was just too tired to cook when I got home. Now I cook at home and don't keep junk at the house. I am losing weight being home much easier then at work.
oppscdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

COchick - Oh my gosh, you have about 4 full-time jobs! If you're fitting in any exercise, you're amazing!

alitorry - We're considering adding to our family, and Little Miss is now 8 months old. I keep hearing that closer in age is better, for so many reason. I'm scared! I have joined a library group, and we love it. Six days a week at the gym is amazing, keep up the good work!

DaisysMomma - It can be so hard to take time to make yourself something healthy with the baby(ies) yelling for their food, I know! We have to, we have to, we have to! You're worth it.

oppscdaizy - I found I had more in common with 30somethings from about 26-27 onward. Heh. I'm so in awe of all the ladies who eat better at home... I'm in good, motivational company here!

I'm sorry I'm a little brief today, I can hear the baby chatting to herself after her nap, which means I'm moments from being yelled for... or at...
And it's lunch-time here! Another chance to eat something healthy for me!

thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #19  

Just a little TLC for the SAHM (and others!) thread.

I saw another Mommy while I was out walking today... and I said "Hello!" but kept going, and then I thought maybe I should have stopped and made a friend.

What do you think, ladies? Would you like to meet someone while out checking your mail? We are neighbors, I was walking in my neighborhood, about a mile from my home.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 256/254/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi I am 34 and stay at home, I have a 6 yr old and a 5 month old. My problem is being lonely, bored and tired. When any of those are around in the day, I eat. I eat to stay awake, I eat to kill time and I eat when I need a friend. I just started my weight loss journey today, so hoping this gets better for me.
lillypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 203/202.2/145

Height: 5'4

Hi! I'm 35 and I've been a SAHM since my son (3) was born. I also have a two year old girl. They are 15 months a part! Staying at home has been a huge adjustment for me but I'm feel very fortunate I'm able to do so

Come talk to me! How has being a SAHM changed your eating, for better or worse?
When my son was born my eating was the same, I was eating good before he was born. Then after my daughter was born, I starting seriously dieting and failed miserably every time!
Do you have as much time to work out as you want? As you think you should?
I definitely don't have enough time! My husband is gone to work 11 hours a day I just signed up for a boot camp type class, it starts on Monday. I'll be leaving and getting back before he has to get ready for work! I'm excited about it!
What do you do to amuse yourself? I mean, besides re-alphabetize the pantry
I make and sell hair bows, it relaxes me. I usually only get to do that in the evening after my kiddies are in bed and after I'm caught up on house stuff, etc. I'm finding this toddler age is tough!!
HotMessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #22  

Hi lillypad! Come here and socialize with us. Being at home can be lonely. I knew I would really feel isolated, so I made it a priority to make Mommy friends, and get me and little girl into activities ASAP. I still had some lonely-meltdown moments. Does your local library give a Baby hour? All kinds of friends to be made there! Plus, if you live close enough, weather permitting, you could walk to Baby hour, and there's exercising and friends in one outing! Hang in there Mama, and come visit us again soon!

Hi HotMessMom! I love your username! We're thinking of adding another to our little brood - mine is 8 months old now, and I can't imagine being pregnant with her around at all, ever. She is <ahem> a diva. A D-I-V-A. But I want her to have siblings, so I'll have to be brave sometime. I want to hear how bootcamp goes on Monday... those classes seem like so much fun, but I'd need a whole gaggle of girls to go with to work up the nerve. But you should do a before and after pic, because the afters, once you finish, are always so AMAZEBALLS! You can do it Mama!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #23  

Just stopping in to say: Thank goodness for hubbies that understand!

The only reason anything got cleaned up today is because that man was on baby duty about 5 minutes after he walked in the door.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #24  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I'm not actually a 30-something yet (28), but I am a SAHM and can relate to you ladies so much!

I have a 3 year old son and 17 month old daughter. I love being a SAHM! As for it affecting my diet, there's good and bad. We don't eat out nearly as much as we did before kids (to conserve our budget) so that helps. I also feel like I live in my own little bubble and can buy exactly what food I want for our house without worrying about being tempted by goodies that co-workers bring in. BUT I have to make an effort not to finish whatever food and snacks the kids leave on their plate. For a while, I felt like I was the garbage disposal, eating whatever food they didn't finish because I didn't want to be wasteful.

We just moved (back) to Florida in March and it's been pretty lonely since I haven't met any SAHM friends. We do storytime at the library, go to parks and the gym. Now that it's warm outside we'll probably spend a lot more time in our community pool.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #25  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies!

I am 31 years old and have been a SAHM for 6.5 years... WOW has that gone fast! I have 3 children... 2 boys and a girl ages 6.5, 5 and 2.

Both of my boys will be in school full time this September so it will be weird to only have one child at home. Looking forward to some one on one time with my girly love though!

In 2011, I resolved to get healthy and have been steadily plugging along every since. My ultimate goal is to lose 100 lbs total and I am currently 15 lbs away from that. It is HARD but I will get there.

Hope you all are having a great Sunday!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #26  

Height: 5'6''

Hello TT (and everyone else)!

I'm Sam and I've been a SAHM for nearly 4 years...and I love it! It is what I planned from the beginning. Before staying home I was an elementary school music teacher and loved that too...but couldn't wrap my head around being with other people's kids while other people were with my kid. So, because it was a financial possibility, I left my job and have loved being home with my sweet kiddo. I actually watch my niece (1yr old) every day for my sister and watch one of my cousin's two little ones a couple times a week. SO still caring for other people's kids...just doing it with my own around as well.

Being at home didn't really change my eating habits...a little background on me. I have always been heavy...since I can remember anyway. I had trouble getting pregnant and decided to lose weight before seeing a fertility doc because I knew they'd suggest weight loss anyway. I lost 90lbs in 9mo (safely and through good eating habits, not on any crazy tricky thing) and went to see the Doc only to test pregnant in her office that day. Through my pregnancy, I gained most of my weight back (boo!) and have since then stayed right at my top weight for the last 4 years. I'm tired of it and would like another little one...hubby REALLY wants another one...and so I'm committing to lose it again. I ate like crap before I left work and still ate like crap afterward

I am just starting again..and 3FC was a big help to me in my past weight loss. I love the support here and love chatting with others who are like-minded. Hopefully this is the kickin' group that I'm looking for. (Before now I followed a group with others who were on the same diet plan I was...well I'm not doing a specific plan now, so I don't really fit in there. And the group for women in my weight range aren't very active (ha!...pun, never mind)...so I'm hoping this will be the place. Nice to get to meet you all.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #27  

Hi! I am a stay at home mommy. My kids are 5 (daughter) and 2 (son) and I have been staying at home for almost six years. I was doing good with my weight till after my son was born. My thyroid stopped working. Right now I am in the middle of Insanity 60 day challenge. It is hard for me to fit working out in. As of now I go to my in laws to work out. My MIL and I work out and then go for a walk. I have also tried the Advocare to lose weight (did the 24 day challenge lost 19 lbs and 21 inches) but I didn't like all the pills. So I still occasionally drink the spark but that is about it. I was 92lbs before kids/thyroid and at my heaviest I weighed 248. Right now I weigh 192lbs. I would like to get down to 105-115. I am 5'1" I am hoping to have time to pop in here often, because every one I know works and has no time to help me get through my weight loss struggles.
MrsShanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #28  

Height: 5'6''

MrsShanB - welcome to 3FC...I'm new to this board, but have been around the website for a while. This is a great place to find support. Hoping to hear good things from you
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #29  

Hi ladies!!

Sorry to have been away for so long. I missed coming here and checking in with the mommies! Hope you've all been well, and working on those goals, and chasing those little babies here and there and everywhere.

If you're following my thread about my weight loss (which if you're not, come join me and cheer for me, I need some encouragement) then you know I'm trying intuitive eating now. It'll be a trip, I'm sure.

What has everyone been up to with their summer? Anyone taking the kiddos to the water parks? Barbecues like crazy?

OhThePlaces - Welcome aboard! I'm working on meeting and making friends too. It's so hard - sometimes I feel desperate.
I'm not tempted to finish her food yet - maybe because she's still nursing and only started eating about 3 months ago. But I bet curbing that habit makes that scale move in the right direction. As a famous "one-biter", those bites add up! Go, mama, go!

Mom3LoveBugs - So let me do the math here... you've lost... hmmmm... 100 -15 = 85 pounds. YOU'VE LOST 85 POUNDS!!
That's amazing, mama! All with 3 kids, too. You're an all star. Please come visit regularly and share all your tips with me.

Hvnlymzic - Hi Sam! So many people lose and then regain... you're not beat until you quit! You've done it before, and you can do it again. We're here to support you, and hopefully get you back to all-nighters and diapers and adorable little socks getting stuck in the washer. You can do it Mama, let's go!

MrsShanB - It's hard when your body changes. You can do it, and we're all here to help you! You've already lost a lot, and against some steep odds... you can do it Mama! You're on the right track, and now it's just a matter of settling in for that long haul. Let's go together!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #30  

<ahem>

SHE'S NAPPING ON HER OWN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2 WEEKS!!!!

Yeah. Developmental milestones are an itch and a half. She accomplished crawling, raising herself to sitting, waving and clapping all within the past 5 days. Which means she hasn't been napping alone in a while, has been all about nursing and eating and eating and nursing (where does she keep it all?!?!?!?! Oh wait, she threw up from being over-full, oops.), and has just been a pill. An adorable little pill.

So, am I tackling all that laundry and housework with my fabulously free-again 2 hour afternoon time slot?

Nope. I'm online.