Old 07-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Well ladies, I hope my long-overdue update finds everyone well. Our Independence Day was very low-key, but after getting her sleep back on track after her big milestone sprint (crawling, pulling to standing, stepping, waving, and clapping) the 4th found her awoke with fireworks. And now she is teething. So it's back to a constant struggle to get her to rest comfortably.

How was everyone's holiday? Did we all make it through without too many hotdogs, or are you, like me, walking off all that delicious, salty goodness?
Did anyone host a big bash? Want to share your tips for us for next year?
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #32  

We had such a nice play-date recently. It's a little intimidating trying to find friends for two people - but my new mama friend and her daughter seem to be a good fit for us.

Any other Mamas doing organized play-dates or impromptu? Is food factoring in? I brought a little food gift with me, but in general I'm hoping to plan play-dates around meals, so I'm not stuck eating something that doesn't work for me...
Old 07-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #33  

It's so echoey in here.

Come on ladies, lets get chatting!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #34  
Workin for a New ankle

S/C/G: 256.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Just found this thread, have not read through all of it but I am a SAHM in Nebraska...we have 5 children ages 10, 7, 28 mo and twin 17 month olds. I never thought I would be till the twins came but daycare for all 5 let alone just the babies is outlandish!

My issue was until just recently I was rage eating.... I would get frustrated with the 2 yr old and just eat. Like I was possessed!

I also have a chronic pain issue due to shattering my ankle in a car accident in 2003. Walking hurts heck sitting hurts! But when I get down to the 180's I should be able to get a new ankle, so that's what I work for
Puffyamiyumifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #35  

Height: 5'5"

I'm a 38 yr old SAHM of five. My kids range in age from 12 to 18 mths. I lost my baby weight with my older kids through weight watchers or calorie counting, but with my last baby, it's been so much harder. I think it's a combination of getting older and having more on my plate (my youngest two are quite the handful, lol). I've started back to calorie counting but my biggest challenge is sticking to a daily schedule, especially in the summer. The lack of structure is not good for my willpower, apparently! When the older ones go back to school, I'll get back into my gym routine. For now, I'm trying to get everyone out of the house each day to stay busy and away from the kitchen where I tend to graze.
sagebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #36  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hey there, Mommas!

I'm at home with kids 14, 10, 5 and 3. I home school the 10 and 5yo and my 14yo will start public High School in August (eeps!)

I have a home daycare with 4 children ages 4, 3, 17mo and 12mo.

I am clinically insane

Nice to meet you all!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #37  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi ladies! Just popping in to say hello.

I am a SAHM to two boys, ages 4.5 and 6.5. Love the craziness and am a huge fan of playmates, moms groups, etc. I started watching preschool Spanish lastear, and will continue this year as well. It's only one morning a week.

I am currently struggling with bad migraines, which is making everything seem so hard!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #38  

Nice to meet everyone!

puffyamiyumifan, what an awesome goal, a new ankle! I eat when I'm frustrated... it's kind of similar to the rage. It helps to identify why you're emotionally eating, but I can't say I"ve had any luck stopping. How's it working for you?

sagebrush, I know just what you mean by the schedule helping your eating. I struggle to stay sane and on schedule with one, I can't imagine more than one! Some of you gals are handling a small herd! Good for you (I say instead of "Better you than me!") and keep up the good work!

mortonpixie, and a daycare? That is a little nuts. It's good to meet you, don't forget to come visit us with your 3 free seconds daily! Oh my oh my that just seems like a lot to do. I bet you have energy for days.

ChickieChicks, I hope those migraines start becoming less frequent. I also love a playgroup... I can just yammer and yammer with the other Mommies. Plus it's good for the kids, no? Right?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #39  
Workin for a New ankle

S/C/G: 256.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundahthighs View Post

puffyamiyumifan, what an awesome goal, a new ankle! I eat when I'm frustrated... it's kind of similar to the rage. It helps to identify why you're emotionally eating, but I can't say I"ve had any luck stopping. How's it working for you?
It is challenging for sure... I have my moments... I was so angry 2 days ago I had a huge bowl of ice cream. At the time I was like " I don't care, I have given up so much and put up with so much BS and this will make me feel good... Messed up I know!
Puffyamiyumifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 268/163/155

Height: 5 foot 6

im a 31 year old SAHM to a special needs 10 year old girl. well shes in school during the day so thats this mommies time to make healthy recipes and get in some workouts.
i absolutly love zumba for the wii! espeially on those cold days i cant get out to walk
20 some lbs gone and 60 some left to go !
im also new to 3fc and looking to make some motivational lady friends !
Kymish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 221/205/145

Height: 5'3"

Hi Kymish, welcome! I am new to 3fc and also a sahm. Congrats on losing 20lbs! I haven't tried zumba but I hear great things about it! We are planing on buying a wii pretty soon so I will have to look for that one!
dawnrnay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 255/191.3/135

Height: 5'7

I'm a 29 year old stay at home mom to a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I haven't worked since my son was born. All of my friends are in their 30s & approaching 40 though so lifestyle wise I'm in that category!

The hard part for me: Letting my kids have occasional indulgences & treats and resisting myself! Happy meals with friends at the park, ice cream man when he rolls down our street, baking & eating cookies. I want them to learn that as long as they are eating their healthy meals, it's ok to have a treat too. I grew up in a junkfood/fast food free family & in college i went totally wild with eating those. I just don't do well with having their treats around, I have to stay away & consider things like avocados a treat for myself.

The awesome part: We are members of a fantastic family oriented athletic club (lifetime), and while my son is at pre-K, I work out. My 2 year old gets to go in the kids area, which is really nurturing & she's supervised by workers who actually get down on the floor and play with her. Her friends are their too (other little siblings of kids at my son's preschool) and I feel totally comfortable with her there.

So basically I work out 5 days a week and am good to do an hour long spin class & then some strength or yoga.

I have to get in the mindset that working out is my job from 9-11am. So no skipping for coffee dates, target trips, etc. It's not as important & it can happen later in the day after kids nap.
NoSuchUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #43  

Hello Ladies
I had no idea that this board existed
I am a SAHM, 38 years young with a 17, 2, and 1 year old.
My 2 youngest are girls and VERY demanding. Im usually chasing them around the house and grabbing things before they can get to them...lol

Im working to lose this weight that seems to want to stay with me.
Im a very emotional eater so im working on that.
I get upset...I eat...I argue with hubby I eat...kids stress me out...I eat
That has been my challenge.

I see the board isnt that active but i plan to check in often and hope some of you ladies do as well. Hopefully we can start to motivate each other in a positive way and get this board alive.

Enjoy your day ladies!!!
mscreneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #44  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

I was a stay-at-home mom when I was married (now divorced)...now I'm a single, live-at-home-with-parents-with-my-kids mom lol. Right now, it works because I'm able to focus on weight loss and health. I want all the weight off before I move to another state and get back into corporate america. I don't weight to be an issue when that time comes. Hope this thread livens up soon!
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
I was a stay-at-home mom when I was married (now divorced)...now I'm a single, live-at-home-with-parents-with-my-kids mom lol. Right now, it works because I'm able to focus on weight loss and health. I want all the weight off before I move to another state and get back into corporate america. I don't weight to be an issue when that time comes. Hope this thread livens up soon!
Looks like you've lost a good bit of weight already. Thats awesome!! what type of plan if any, are you following? or are you just kind of do your own thing?

Last edited by mscreneet; 11-15-2012 at 08:56 AM.
mscreneet is offline   Reply With Quote