Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #46  

I do exercise regularly for 45 mints in a day to reduce my weight rapidly, My Doctor advise me to do exercise for 30 mints. It is only for fulfill my aim to reduce my weight 15lbs in four months
naeemtahir123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #47  

Been reading this thread, good luck on the journey and dont be afraid of the scales
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Hi irishcanary! Nice to have some company in here!

I've did weigh, I was still at 196. No shock there since my eating hadn't been on point. This week, so far, has been great, so I am hoping for some loss on Tuesday... I will also weigh tomorrow, but I don't expect to have dropped any weight in three days of "good".

Come visit me again!

thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #49  

Why, what does that say, over there to the left?

<----------------------

SEE ME IN H*LL, TWO POUNDS!

Last edited by thundahthighs; 06-01-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Language. My poor potty mouth.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #50  

I'm holding steady at 194lbs.

I've decided, after much thought, to jump off the deep end into intuitive eating.
I've tried it before, and it didn't work. I'd always plateau, or make slight gains before hopping back on calorie counting.
However, I think I've realized that intuitive eating doesn't mean not keeping an eye on reducing - it just means listening to and respecting my body.
A few weeks back, I wasn't hungry at breakfast. I ate a few bites of my oatmeal and peanut butter and then gave up. I wasn't sick. I wasn't depressed. I just wasn't hungry. When lunch came, I was hungry, but not ravenous. I ate what I wanted, and then I stopped. There was still food on my plate, but I felt satisfied. I had the food boxed up, and went on with my day. Dinner rolled around, and I was a bit hungry. I ate, I was satisfied, I stopped. Then an hour later or so, I had a coconut bar for dessert. I went to bed.

Calorie counting has been so amazing for me in the past, it's my go-to when I need to lose weight. But lately, it hasn't been working... well, specifically, I haven't been able to eat the reduced number of calories. I eat more.
I find myself thinking I'm hungry, too focused on food, and falling into habits like finishing something even though I don't want to, just because I don't want to go to the trouble of trying to count 7/8th of a slice of zucchini bread.

I'm still nursing, and weight loss and fitness are my number #2 goals after providing my daughter with all the nutrition she needs.
So my goal is to eat healthfully when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm satisfied. I'll be focusing on keeping my choices things that will advance my weight loss goals, and eating as little as possible while still making myself satisfied.

I would like to keep losing about a pound a week.

If I can do this, it will be wonderful. If not... I'll try again later.

I'm trying to feel brave, here.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #51  

Height: 5'6''

TT - I think that's a great plan. I've never really thought about it like that before. When I lost before I had a very specific set amount of food I was absolutely required to eat...sometimes I didn't finish and that never really went over well. Sometimes a huge salad is just too much food. I'll have to think about that intuitive eating...hmm...
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #52  

Thank you!

I'm doing well... I'm about 1/2 a week in, and junk was eaten yesterday, however, it was not a lot of junk (although it was pretty junky junk... deep fried yucca followed by pastry!) AND when dinner time rolled around I checked in with my stomach and my stomach was feeling pretty neutral. I was not hungry, but not satisfied, and certainly not still full from the junk lunch. So I made a decision to have a bowl of tomato soup, which would prevent me from being hungry at bedtime, but not push me over the edge into uncomfortably full. It was a pretty radical idea for me. And it worked.

But I'm not strutting yet.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #53  

I seem to have lost a pound during my first week of "intuitive eating". YAY!

Dancing carrot for ME!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #54  

I'm holding steady...

hotdogs...
Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #55  

I honestly haven't weighed lately. I find myself wondering if not counting will work - but I am unwilling to give it up!

I'm on point today - good breakfast and good lunch.

Onward towards dinner!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #56  

I'm still holding steady. The weather has improved, so I'm able to get back out and get active - I'm hoping that will make the scale move downward.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #57  

Well, it's been almost a month and no downward motion... but no upward motion either!

I do need to get the weight off, so I'm back on the counting bandwagon. I'm so happy to know that I can maintain without counting, and I"m looking forward to meeting goal.
I'm a little sad I couldn't lose while not counting, but not gaining while not counting is a success in and of itself.

Onward and downward!