Old 07-20-2004, 01:33 PM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay at Home Moms #221!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. Please feel free to jump right in a say hello and to all you regular posters I look forward to another wonderful day with you!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #2  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default Howdy, howdy, hey, hey, hey ...

Hey Girlies~

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. We just finished up lunch so the boys will be going down for quiet time soon. Hubby is going in two hours late today so I may go out and walk at the track during quiet time instead of doing pilates. Granted it's probably about 102 outside so pilates my win out.

Chat was great. You ladies make me giggle. It was nice to "meet" Geri and Kristin and to chat with Michelle and Spryng. Spryng those afagans are beautiful. I can chain stitch...lol, pitiful. I'm one of those that really wants to do that kind of stuff, but totally hates the actually learning process...which means I learn the chain stitich then get frustrated that i'm not crocheting up beautiful blankets.

Hello to all you other ladies too...welcome to Stacey, I'm new too. I promise one of those post where I address everyone, soon, well as soon as I sort yall out and actually remember who said what.

Ok, gotta run and refill my water...more later chicas
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #3  
soontobethin

hello,
Hope everyone is having a great day. If anyone is going to be at chat tonight, let me know. I can stay up late this week since dh is home. I got my workouts in. Had to go to wal mart this moring, but I usually go to wal mart twice a week. We had to start buying school supplies for Eric. They are on sale now, so we are stocking up in case we need to replace some later in the year. Sounds like everyone is doing good. No, I still haven't go my ww stuff, and yes I ordered it off ebay. Maybe it will be here today.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 02:11 PM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Default Omg!!

I can't believe I left for half a day and you went through two threads! That's completely amazing. I was having trouble accessing the internet, so I couldn't post last night or this morning. Am having a good day. Liam went for his 9 month check up and all is well. 20lbs and 28 inches. Of course, the way Liam acted, you'd think I betrayed the poor guy. He dislikes the doctor and screams the whole time.

First, Melissa- thank you soooo much for the clothes - they're adorable! I got them yesterday and will put them to good use. Have fun at the beach.

Cheri - congrats on getting a workout in! Way to go CHildren do seem to go through clothes very quickly.

Spryng- the bracelet is beautiful!! So is the blanket - I think you should sell stuff on ebay. And Tanner is such a cutie!!!!

Michelle- I'll definitely post a few pics once the room is all done, but it won't be for about a month Did you get the shopping done?

Kristin- so I'm sending TOM over to you, then? I'm so relieved he's here because my insane cravings are gone. How is Flylady going? I'm glad you're enjoying WW.

Angel- it's good you weighed yourself so you at least have a starting point. It will feel so good when you see the number decrease

Crystal- Wow, you were up early - get thee to a nap!

Ricci- Hi! Hope you're enjoying having DH home.

Welcome Stacy! I'm in Atlanta I'm Leigh, SAHM to a nine month old son named Liam. I'm also in the process of losing my pregnancy weight plus 10 lbs. I look forward to getting to know you.

Geri- I'm glad you had such a great day yesterday- hope today treats you the same. Though, cleaning doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun to me!

Penny- I didn't know your dream was to teach- would you like to teach elementary or older? About the weight - it sounds like you have a plan for dealing with the gain, so good for you. Sometimes a change in plan or exercise helps remotivate our spirits

Cindi- TOM is here with me too! I'm glad because my appetite is normal again.

I found a shower curtain I love, BTW . . . I'm excited Okay, gotta change Liam's diaper - always an adventure these days with his acrobatics. Penny- when I return I'll answer your points question -
Old 07-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #5  
Walking away the weight

Hey Cheri and Ricci- I guess I was writing my post while you gals posted. Hi to you both!
Cheri- sounds like you're doing really well with keeping active.
Ricci- can't wait until your WW stuff arrives
Old 07-20-2004, 02:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi again!

Ok Michelle, I downloaded those programs you told me about, the spybot and the ad-aware. Well the spybot found lots of crap on the computer (over 250 things) and got rid of it and the ad-ware found 115 things, I also downloaded a registry mechanic and it found 115 erros on my hard drive but since it was a free version it only fixed the first 6 of them, ugh. I don't want to pay 30 bucks for the full verison. But my computer does seem to be running a little faster (crossing fingers) so we'll see. Thanks so much for telling me about those programs!
Geri, I can try to take a pic of the pattern but since the pages are glossy it may have a glare. I could always type it out, lol. But that would take time! LOL. Do you crochet? I know what you mean about grocery shopping with the kids. I always say a small prayer before going and hope the kids act right. There is usually alot of bribing going on, lol. But I don't want to pay my SIL 50 bucks to watch them. lol. I'm cheap!
Oh Penny STOP! LOL.. you are making me blush! I am NOT talented! I've only been crocheting for a couple months remember? these are easy patterns. But someday I would love to get into really intricate ones and make a twin size blanket for each of the kids beds and dh wants an afghan for his truck. I'm just not ready to commit to a project that large yet. Baby blankets work up much faster, lol. So what does you schedule look like??
Cindi, I wish TOM would hit me early this time around here. I'm due to start the day after I leave with dh... will not make for a romantic trip, lol. But at least we'll be together! I'm ok with that And a chat during the day sounds fine to me. My kids nap between 1 pm and 3 pm... so maybe around there sometime? I won't be chatting today though, I'm still tired from last night and I'm ready for my nap !LOL.
Kristin, I think 2 more kids is great! We may want one more someday too... but not for at least 4 years, lol. 3 is enough for right now. I don't even remember what life without diapers is like, by the time Tanner is potty trained I'd have been changing diapers for almost 6 years solid!! eeks! That's just wrong, lol.

well I started this post a couple hours ago, lol.. just finished it, lets see who has posted since I started this.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

ok, I posted the last post on the other thread, lol.. then I saw a new thread had been started so I pasted the above post here... now I can get personal on this thread

Penny, looks like you've had 12 pts so far. 4 for breakfast, 1 for orange juice, and 7 for lunch right? so you are right on, 12 pts. And you dont have to divvy your pts up perfectly. Which meal of the day do you like the biggest meal to be? For me that is dinner, I love a big dinner so I save most of my pts for dinner. So for me I have a 3 pt breakfast, a 6-7 pt lunch and then at least 10 pts for dinner. If I have a really high pt dinner (like that chili will be) I'll either cut out breakfast or have a small lunch with some 0 pt veggies to tide me over. But you will find your groove, hang in there!

Leigh, wow everyone seems to be having internet or computer issues lately. I hope it clears up for you! I've never thought of selling anything on ebay but I think those bracelets would do well, that other seller wants way too much for hers, i could sell some for 5 bucks each with actual shipping and make lots of money. I just don't know if I could make time to create each bracelet. I'm not an on command kinda girl. I like knowing I have no deadlines, lol. But i would make them for you all! What kind of shower curtain did you find? Is it safari themed too? I can't wait to see pics!

Ricci, how are you liking your new workout video?? I'm really thinking about buying that one. But not right now.

Cheri, I was like that when I started crocheting too. I wanted to create something spectacular! lol... the yellow blanket I posted is actually very very simple and just looks more intricate. It worked up so fast and my new one looks hard but it's only a couple stitches... single crochet, chains, double crochet, cluster, and that is about it. So it's easy.

Well lunch for me was leftover cashew chicken. It was great re-heated. I want to make that for dh soon. he'd really like it. But my day is moving right along. Kids have been doing great with their chore list! Bubba is the one who is hard to motivate to clean so he only has 2 stars so far but he's understanding more and more as he sees Ava's stars adding up. She has 6! Their first treat is when they hit 10 stars. She is so excited. But my living room and their rooms are staying spotless because of it, lol. So I got my dishes done finally... all I really need to work on today is laundry. I need to get all the clean clothes folded and put away so that when I start packing for myself and the kids this weekend everything will be easy to find. I can't believe how close it is!
well, I'm off for a nap. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:23 PM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Hey Spryng! It looks like your motivation chart is working very well for you. The shower curtain I found is safari themed as well. Now the bathroom will tie in with the bedroom I'm a little obsessive about these things. I'll probably have the bathroom done before the bedroom only because we have to wait for the bedroom furniture to arrive.

Have you been using your bracelet today?

I'm not sure what I'm doing for dinner yet. I mean, I'm making chili for DH, but I may need to have only a tiny portion because I ate a high point lunch.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

omg!!! I leave for a few hours to do my shopping and you motormouths talk so much theres like a million posts!! lmao You know I love ya all!!

Spryng - I just had a Morning star Farms fajita burger they are delicious!!!! I think I'm in love!! Glad the programs worked for you!!

Penny - How is your day on ww going? How bout the organization?

Cheri hope you are having a great day!!

Leigh can't wait for the pics!! So sorry you were having internet probs

Kristin, hows your day so far?

Ricci, I went to walmart today too and there were tons of people school shopping it was nuts!!

Geri, potty training sure is frustrating!! I dont knwo what was up with my puter last night but I almost threw it out the window lol.

So I got all my shopping done and I got Taylor about 40 potty presents. I'm wrapping all of them, and when she goes potty on the toilet she gets to pick a present out of "The Present Box" I'm hoping this works to motivate her. All the presents were little things most under a dollar. Ball, notebook, paddleball, crayons, markers, dress up shoes, stuff like that! Anyway I'm gonna take a nap before I have to go to work!

Love to all I hope I didn't miss anyone if I did I'm sorry I'm just in a hurry!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:12 PM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Okay girls, I got a measley 30 minute snooze in and that doesn't count for the being awake at 330 and up at 500 so I'll go to bed early tonight. I got groceries bought and now I've got to get them put away, I hate this part.
Spryng, I won't have a shower with this one, being my 4th. I had one with Andrew and 3 with Alisa and I don't remember about Ally, I don't think so. But I haven't kept anything. I never wanted to. But my FIL and his wife had a little bitty girl in April so if I have a girl, it will be much bigger than theirs, they will give me alot of that stuff. I have NO clothes, at all what so ever, I'll figure something out.
Okay, I've got to get these groceries put away.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:16 PM   #11  
**Kristin**

Hey ladies - I see lately that lots of you are having computer problems lately...my MIL has a masters in Computer technology, so, I know a little, but if there is anything wierd going on, maybe I can retrieve an answer real quick for you, I could just email her at work! Something that I do about once a month, is to "defrag" my computer, it gets it running A LOT more efficiently..it does take some time though, I usually run it before bed and let it do its thing over night. Go to your start button if you run windows......and from there click on programs, then accessories, then system tools, then disk defragmenter. It compresses old files and computer lingo that is loaded on your PC everyday, etc. It will help alot, but if you have never done it before, it will take a while! If you start doing that once a month, it will keep it updated pretty well. Also another thing that she always tells me to do, is to go to microsoft and download the "updates" for your windows system......that will keep it current too, and reduce the risk of needing a new computer every dang year to keep up with everything!
okay I am done now, lol! THere are lots of things that you can do, if anyone wants any other hints, let me know!

well i am working on my computer spreadsheets, etc, for my new organization venture! So, I will check back and refresh my screen in a few! TTYL !
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:24 PM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Michelle- those MSF fajita burgers sound good - I'll have to check them out next time I'm at the store. The potty present idea is a good one! Has she responded to it at all yet? Hope you have a good time at work

Crystal- sounds like you could use some baby clothes. We should have a shower-by-mail for you That would be fun! What do you think, gals??? Hope you somehow end up getting some rest.

Kristin- hi! Thanks for the suggestions for computer help. We have wireless and every so often it goes berzerk. Weird! The rest of the time I love it because I can be wherever Liam is.

I have to figure out where/when to take some new pics of Liam. He's nine months tomorrow, so I like to have pictures of him at every month. I'll come up with something and then maybe post one or two for ya'll.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:30 PM   #13  
**Kristin**

hey there Michelle, you snuck in on me! I am good, busy I guess, getting my life organized, I would love to chat again soon! Doing some Compuer work now before I go start dinner!

Crystal - sheesh girl, you need to take it easy, I bet you are so tired, how is the barley green working for you?
Old 07-20-2004, 04:35 PM   #14  
**Kristin**

hey leigh -you snuck in too! love ya!

Michelle - re: potty training, you know what finally did it for Sydney....along with rewards, like you are doing.....i let her run around with a long dress on and nothing else. she didn;t want to pee on the floor, or feel it run down her leg, so after peeing on the floor only ONE time, she started to go upstairs and go on the toilet when she felt like peeing...also another benefit of the "no panties" program, (lmao) was that it was easier for her to get up there and go, before peeing on herself! and saved me laundry loads of peed on underwear! okay once again I am stepping down lol !
Old 07-20-2004, 05:19 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Kristin, the barley green is really helping. I started with 7 a day but only felt like myself, not extra so I started taking 10 a day yesterday, that will take a day or so to set in. It's all totally natural, just like eating lots and lots of veggies: broccoli, carrots, calcium itself and a ton more. I can tell I'm alot more energetic, even with the lack of sleep, I'm still go, go, go. I do try to rest at least once throughout the day.
I still haven't gotten back to counting calories and such but I will, I promise. That's what all of you are here for so I will do it.
Leigh, that is a very nice gesture, but I do NOT want any of you to go out of your way or spend $ or anything like that. Your support and care is great. I enjoy having you all to tell all my baby things to. My appts. and so on. Thank you.
Well, I got groceries put away, the grapes, red and green off the vines and the cantaloupe cut up for a fruit bowl with dinner. My kitchen is clean, sheets in the wash and a pie in the oven. I'll start dinner about 5 or so.
Hope you all are having a great day. I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote