S/C/G: 235/203/160

Height: 5'7"

Down 2 more pounds. Only 11 to go until I say goodbye to the 200s
tar118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #107  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

tar - That's awesome!!! You are so close Keep at it and you will have your ONEderland party!!!!

Jen - Where are ya girl? Hope you are ok. Check in?

Kay - What are you doing? Been awhile for you too We miss you two

Dogdays - How is your day?

Teacher - Any substituting today?

DH got word, after working his overnight shift, that he is laid off AGAIN. The one issue with a "right to work" state, is they don't have to give you any notice on a lay off. Summer A/C bills will soon be hitting, so hopefully he will find something soon. Last night I did C25K with my son He is becoming a pretty regular workout buddy (some he will admit, has just been cause I kinda guilt him into it, lol), but it really IS good for him. 18 yrs old and he wants some toning and definition... he won't get that by being a couch potato Have a great night all!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

star- I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's job. What a great family/workout time with your son. Yes, I subbed today.

It's getting to be very busy for me. I think the next 3 weeks will be tough but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This weekend I'll start my grad project. Today I got a jury duty letter in the mail. Report date is May 22. Fingers crossed I'll get dismissed.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 229/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar118 View Post
Down 2 more pounds. Only 11 to go until I say goodbye to the 200s
I am at 206.6...but feels like I'll never get there...ugh. Good luck to you.
erh12275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

ItsMy - I'm so sorry about your DH's job. I hope he finds something new and even better quickly.

Taryn - congratulations on your new low! Great job!! Can't wait to throw you a ONEderland party....

Teacher - you sound crazy busy! I do NOT miss those stressful school years, that's for sure. It felt overwhelming at times, but I got through it and you will too! Good luck with your grad project.

erh12275 - howdy! You will be there. It always feels farther away than it really is. This time last year, I was 217+ pounds and never thought I'd ever see 199 again...but I got there and you will too! You're very close!!

Well this weekend has turned out to be a challenging one. I took the day off from work yesterday because I had to run some nursing home errands for my grandmother and decided I'd just make a day of it and take some time out for myself. My initial plan was to drop the girls off at school, run the errands and then take a bike ride with DH...and then a little tennis in the afternoon if we had time. But our dog had other plans. Late Thursday evening, he started limping on his right leg...for those of you who remember, he blew his ACL and tore his meniscus in his left knee in December and had knee surgery on Christmas Eve. His recovery has been slow and challenging because his left knee has a tremendous amount of arthritis built up in it and he's been in a lot of pain lately (we started him on an antiimflammatory drug a couple weeks ago to help him out). And now he's lame on the right side - not quite as bad as he was in December with his left leg, but we knew where this was heading. So my plans to take a day to myself were thwarted and we whisked him off to the vet yesterday morning. Sure enough, he tore his ACL. Good news is that it's not completely torn best they can tell. Bad news is...it's only a matter of time unless we can get him on strict kennel rest (he's a devilishly active Labrador...sigh). The other bad news is that we can't really do surgery on the right leg at the present time because his left leg is not stable enough to take on the role of being the dominant weight bearer. Argh. I feel like we can't win. I'm hoping the kennel rest works and lets the ACL tear heal without surgical intervention (possible, but not probable per our vet). So he'll be on kennel rest until his left leg is strong enough to handle surgery on the right leg. Poor little man...he's antsy already.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

hey ladies, well my break didn't do so well, I started to have really bad pain with my cycles trying to return, and I try to self soothe with icecream and chocolate. So needless to say I'm back up to 200.

so sad. I wonder also if my thyroid is not up to par with the current meds, but I'm sure I overate so I'm going to give myself a chance to see if it is overeating or needing more meds.

I was 195-196 when I TOOK the break, and maybe that is why I did it, weight was slowly creeping up so think its' no use.

my body is still cramping, I thought for sure I would get a TOM, but now it's cramping like I'm trying to ovulate. I gain weight with both, so maybe that is what is up. I have not been doing exercises or anything.

my new game plan is to carb cycle. I am going to go down to 60 one day and eat what I want next. I am going to try to throw in exercises during the higher carb day.

dogdays, awww so sorry about your dog. Hope he feels better and gets that rest.

erh, I know the feeling you will get there.

teacher, sorry you are so busy, but that can be a good thing.

star, so glad your son is working out with you that must feel good. mine gets annoying if we try to work out together, but I would like for him to do it anyway.

taryn, yay! 11 lbs is so close.

well, it is time for me to find a job. I am ready even though I will be sad to leave my baby.

so today is day 1 of my carb cycle. Not the best time, cuz i get grumpy BUT I can tell myself i can eat something tomorrow.

logging keeps me accountable so I'm going to post with you ladies.

2 eggs: 2c
1/2 tsp stevia/sugar:2g
1 tbsp milk 1c (really less, but I'll have another later)
nettle/raspberry tea (for milk)-0
okra-1/4c-1g
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #112  

Jen- Yeah, you're back!!!! Carb cycling sounds like a good idea. Good luck on the job search.

Dogdays- oh, your poor puppy. I'm be praying for him. Dog injuries are the worst cause they can't talk. Keep us posted!

erh- welcome, i know the feeling but we can do it! Onederland here we come!

star, kay, & sushi- any big plans this weekend?

The car is in the shop because the check engine light came on. Hoping it not something big. I just hit 100,000 miles a couple of day ago. Last week, I spent $1,000 replacing the timing belt, water pump, and oil change with filters. So much car drama lately. On a better note, it's a beautiful day and going to take my furkids on a nice long walk
Old 04-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #113  
~Star~

Teacher - Sure does sound like you are going to be busy! Then jury duty on top of it?? I will keep fingers crossed on your car. Hopefully just a sensor replacement

erh - You will get there. I know it's hard to believe, but it WILL happen. Can't wait to welcome you in!

dogdays - Oh goodness!!!! I am so sorry to hear about your fur boy! Sometimes I wish they could understand our language so we could soothe them a bit better or get them to understand what is happening.

Jen - Welcome back girl!!! Good luck on your job hunt. I hope the carb cycling works for you. As for your son working out with you - I think it only worked with mine cause he is 18. Before now I could never get him to. But now I guilt him with "you know it's not going to be long before you are on your own and we won't have the opportunity to have that bonding time anymore. I will really miss time with my only son"... so now he is on board,

Kay - hi!!! Hope you are hanging around reading and will pop in soon

As for me - No big workout last night, just some walking (with the stress and trying to keep DH out of emotion and into logic, there just wasn't time). However, I examined when I started this plateau back in December. I had added a muffin to regime. I know this sounds foolish, but I eliminated the muffin, have gone off breads wondering if something in them was reacting with my IBS (even with no flares, just sensitivity) and preventing me from loss? The nutritionist yesterday said "that wouldn't prevent the loss though"... however, as of now I am convinced. When I eliminated I had upped my intensity of workouts, upped frequency, lowered calories again so I had a bigger deficit, and was up to 192-193... I eliminated just LAST WEEK...and I am back into the 180s!!! 189.4 as of this morning! :O By gory - I think I got it!!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #114  

yay, star! I hope to be back that way soon. most people with autoimmune issues are better off the processed/hybrid wheat. I should be off wheat, and I try but i still go back to it.

teacher, sorry about the car drama.

2 eggs: 2c
2 tbsp milk 2 c (really less, but I'll have another later)
okra-1/4c-1g
4 slim jim snacks-8g (mini)
4 pcs cinnabon ceareal-2g
2 slices turkey-2g
2 pickles-0
4 tbsp crm cheese-2g
subtotal: 21 g

we're going to do steak, greenbeans and rice and I'm just going to eat steak and greenbeans and 1 orange (11). (that is my plan)

we went to SO's FD fun day, and it was nice to get out of the house. I saw alot of skinny momma's and wished I hadn't gained 10 LBS but alas.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #115  

2 eggs: 2g
2 tbsp milk 2 g
okra-1/4c-1g
4 slim jim snacks-8g (mini)
4 pcs cinnabon ceareal-2g
2 slices turkey-2g
2 pickles-0
4 tbsp crm cheese-2g
subtotal: 21g
1 bite brown rice-1g
1oz coconut-5g
8 mini dark choc chips 4g
*cadbury mini icecream*-18 g( couldn't help it)
3 oz steak-0
3/4 c green beans-4g
1/4c milk-3g
1 sm. orange-11g
TOTAL: 68 gross carbs.

did alot better than I thought I would.

Ok, now the trick is not to eat anything else carby for the rest of the night.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #116  
~Star~

Jen - Here's hoping you have total success! Great job!!!

Today I did no official workouts, but it was 103 degrees outside so hung by and in the pool Rough life! I had to get a new bathing suit, all mine were too big to serve their purpose anymore.. not a bad problem to have. Supposed to be a few degrees warmer tomorrow, so going to get my run in early in the morning before it gets up there on the temperature gauge
Old 04-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #117  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I just started my Eat to Live lifestyle change just over a week ago. My first weigh in was 288 last Saturday, and yesterday's weigh in is 281.

Down 7 pounds my first week.

My long term goal is to lose about 180 pounds.

My first short term goal is to lose 10% of my starting weight which is about 29 pounds. So 22 pounds to go until I meet that goal. I will be 259lbs at the end of my first goal.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #118  

Laiferr- welcome! wow, that an impressive start!

star- oh my, that is so hot!!! I can't wait for my pool days to start, probably late May.

jen- we're right on track. great dog!

I'm working hard on my project. My goal is to get it done by Friday since I leave town next weekend for my brother's soccer tournament.

Happy Sunday!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #119  
~Star~

Laiffer - Great first goal to set! Wish you much luck

Teacher - No doubt you will have your project done in time Hope you enjoy your brother's soccer tourney!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #120  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome

I have a new motivational tool, buying clothes a size or two smaller than what I can wear. If I want to wear them, then I need to lose the weight. Plus I really want to wear my new shorts and I can't fit into them yet. But in 1-2 months I shouldn't have that problem.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote